Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 (4687 Views)

Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona / Braithwaite: "I Won't Wash After Hugging Messi" As Messi Scores 4 In A Game / Argentina Fans Begged Super Eagles To Win Iceland For Messi. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by laribari(m): 11:14pm On Apr 11, 2018
sweetjohn:
so if you are a player and I am to be God and I ask you to choose BTW wc and cl you will choose cl abi

Haba! Do people get to choose? If u ask me to choose anyways, I may choose ucl. it depends on a lot of factors. There are a lot of top stars whose countries are so small and you only know them with club football.

1. WEAH. 2. Litmani 3. Gudjohnson to name a few. These guys will pick ucl over world cup cos they don't even have a team to go for world cup. George WEAH the best player in the world without a world cup. Don't you get? It was via club football. Ucl and wc are not bigger dan each other. You can get Ballon d'ior from both. Don't u gt it?

1 Like

Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by sweetjohn(m): 6:03pm On Apr 12, 2018
laribari:

Haba! Do people get to choose? If u ask me to choose anyways, I may choose ucl. it depends on a lot of factors. There are a lot of top stars whose countries are so small and you only know them with club football.

1. WEAH. 2. Litmani 3. Gudjohnson to name a few. These guys will pick ucl over world cup cos they don't even have a team to go for world cup. George WEAH the best player in the world without a world cup. Don't you get? It was via club football. Ucl and wc are not bigger dan each other. You can get Ballon d'ior from both. Don't u gt it?
oga it's only a Nigerian thinks this way. How dear you compare wc to cl? it's a Nigeria factor! comparing a business venture over a national glory. Imagine! the white man can die playing for a national glory at the wc to killing himself for a one man business clubsite that only last for the time being. wc glory last for eternity. who even want to give a Bleep about who wins last year cl but the winners of last ten wc still bear the glory. you are more appreciated when you win the wc than when you win the cl. your president,, for example the president of Argentina don't give a Bleep about Messi Cl trophies but just qualifying for the wc, you have much respect by your president and your country citizens for just qualifying o. My dear, don't ever in your entire life compare a Cl glory that even belongs to a business club owners to wc lasting glory. Cl glory don't really belongs to you but to the club. it's just like enjoy the glory for the time being and when the number is up you will be kicked out of the club without respect leaving you with nothing but just records and when you are playing for another business club owner, your former club will be booing you. No body belongs to any club forever, when the chips are down you are a goner but wc glory is for you and your nation forever as long as you still remain a citizen.
Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by laribari(m): 6:47pm On Apr 12, 2018
sweetjohn:
oga it's only a Nigerian thinks this way. How dear you compare wc to cl? it's a Nigeria factor! comparing a business venture over a national glory. Imagine! the white man can die playing for a national glory at the wc to killing himself for a one man business clubsite that only last for the time being. wc glory last for eternity. who even want to give a Bleep about who wins last year cl but the winners of last ten wc still bear the glory. you are more appreciated when you win the wc than when you win the cl. your president,, for example the president of Argentina don't give a Bleep about Messi Cl trophies but just qualifying for the wc, you have much respect by your president and your country citizens for just qualifying o. My dear, don't ever in your entire life compare a Cl glory that even belongs to a business club owners to wc lasting glory. Cl glory don't really belongs to you but to the club. it's just like enjoy the glory for the time being and when the number is up you will be kicked out of the club without respect leaving you with nothing but just records and when you are playing for another business club owner, your former club will be booing you. No body belongs to any club forever, when the chips are down you are a goner but wc glory is for you and your nation forever as long as you still remain a citizen.

Are are sure you are okay? what do you mean by 'my dear, don't ever in your entire life' who is your dear and what does my life got to do with this stupid topic? you are giving your opinion and i'm giving likewise and for your eye now, you too sabi oo.

1. you need to use your brain argue. what led to this argument is who is a greater player and how do you grade him. THE BALLON DIOR. Am i lying? when canavarro won world best based on world cup accessment, what did he get? BALLON DIOR in a world cup year which was even the first time we saw that from a player who didn't win it based on ucl performance.
When there is no world cup, what do they use to judge WORLD BEST PLAYER? Isn't it European football (UCL)? why? the level of competition is as high as the world cup and the best at club side also get what? SAME BALLON DIOR. why did fifa give george weah the world best player without ever smelling the world cup? why didn't they say world cup will only produce the world best, therefore, you get world best once in 4 years.

so how can you argue one is greater? oga use your sense talk abi you nor go school? what is the prize the best player get from it, that's what you use to know if they are rated at same level. You don even make me vex, calling my life, meanwhile you even wrong.

2. You said world cup has history and winners for years dont get forgotten but in ucl they forget. You are so funny. on the ucl trophy, all the past winners have their names engraved on it. History has it that liverfool has won it 5 times. History also tells us that REAL MADRID has won LA DECIMA. 10 ucl trophies and now it's 11 ucl for them. It was celebrated. For years, the world wanted to see an EL-CLASSICO final in the ucl because it is prestigious. Does fifa attend UCL finals? YES!! Does he attend African or south American club cup final? NO! Cos fifa does not see them as competitive as the world cup. there will always have reps that will go to Africa or SA but im talking of presido himsef. blatter back then choose the games he attended.
The ucl can rival the world cup in terms of sponsorship, money, players on show, high quality football, etc.

3. You claimed that when you move clubs you are forgotten and they will boo you but that can't happen in national team. Are you serious? what happened to diego Costa when spain went to the world cup in brazil? THE ENTIRE BRAZILIANS BOOED HIM TO DEATH. didn't he change nationality, like when players change club?

4. You claim that president are not interested whether messi wins ucl. Really? Obviously, you don't know anything at all. Do does messi represent out there? After the club who takes the glory? Your nationality. Haven't you seen players flag their national flags when they win the ucl? Ivanovic tied a serbian flag on his waist when Chelsea won it in 2012.

In 2012, Chelsea vs Bayern, the world saw (the then prime minister of Britain) David Cameroon, Angel Merkel (prime minister of Germany), while Barrack Obama was their referee at the G8 summit in the USA.

check the link below and shut up. All argentine national will support messi because you will be proud to say you are argetine becos of messi. Don't Nigerians support and celebrate ANTHONY JOSHUA? does he fight for Nigeria? didn't our government invite him to Nigeria?

Cameron celebrates Chelsea's Champions League win next to ...
www.dailymail.co.uk/.../Cameron-celebrates-Chelseas-Champions-League-win-Obama...

May 20, 2012 - Mr Cameron threw his arms aloft in celebration while German Chancellor Angela Merkel looked on glumly as they watched Chelsea triumph over Bayern Munich during the G8 summit in Maryland, U.S.

Oga, don't argue football with me, i be analyst king. don't bother reply abeg, you nor sabi.

The best player in a world cup becomes world best abi? gets the ballon dior.
when there is no world cup for another 3 yrs, the best player in European football becomes the world best. Gets the same ballon dior a world cup best get. so aren't it so because the level of competition is the same? why didn't they give an award small than ballon dior for club sides or why didn't they create an award bigger than ballon dior and give only world cup best; or give world best award once in 4 years in every world cup yr.
Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by sweetjohn(m): 7:22pm On Apr 12, 2018
laribari:

Are are sure you are okay? what do you mean by 'my dear, don't ever in your entire life' who is your dear and what does my life got to do with this stupid topic? you are giving your opinion and i'm giving likewise and for your eye now, you too sabi oo.

1. you need to use your brain argue. what led to this argument is who is a greater player and how do you grade him. THE BALLON DIOR. Am i lying? when canavarro won world best based on world cup accessment, what did he get? BALLON DIOR in a world cup year which was even the first time we saw that from a player who didn't win it based on ucl performance.
When there is no world cup, what do they use to judge WORLD BEST PLAYER? Isn't it European football (UCL)? why? the level of competition is as high as the world cup and the best at club side also get what? SAME BALLON DIOR. why did fifa give george weah the world best player without ever smelling the world cup? why didn't they say world cup will only produce the world best, therefore, you get world best once in 4 years.

so how can you argue one is greater? oga use your sense talk abi you nor go school? what is the prize the best player get from it, that's what you use to know if they are rated at same level. You don even make me vex, calling my life, meanwhile you even wrong.

2. You said world cup has history and winners for years dont get forgotten but in ucl they forget. You are so funny. on the ucl trophy, all the past winners have their names engraved on it. History has it that liverfool has won it 5 times. History also tells us that REAL MADRID has won LA DECIMA. 10 ucl trophies and now it's 11 ucl for them. It was celebrated. For years, the world wanted to see an EL-CLASSICO final in the ucl because it is prestigious. Does fifa attend UCL finals? YES!! Does he attend African or south American club cup final? NO! Cos fifa does not see them as competitive as the world cup. there will always have reps that will go to Africa or SA but im talking of presido himsef. blatter back then choose the games he attended.
The ucl can rival the world cup in terms of sponsorship, money, players on show, high quality football, etc.

3. You claimed that when you move clubs you are forgotten and they will boo you but that can't happen in national team. Are you serious? what happened to diego Costa when spain went to the world cup in brazil? THE ENTIRE BRAZILIANS BOOED HIM TO DEATH. didn't he change nationality, like when players change club?

4. You claim that president are not interested whether messi wins ucl. Really? Obviously, you don't know anything at all. Do does messi represent out there? After the club who takes the glory? Your nationality. Haven't you seen players flag their national flags when they win the ucl? Ivanovic tied a serbian flag on his waist when Chelsea won it in 2012.

In 2012, Chelsea vs Bayern, the world saw (the then prime minister of Britain) David Cameroon, Angel Merkel (prime minister of Germany), while Barrack Obama was their referee at the G8 summit in the USA.

check the link below and shut up. All argentine national will support messi because you will be proud to say you are argetine becos of messi. Don't Nigerians support and celebrate ANTHONY JOSHUA? does he fight for Nigeria? didn't our government invite him to Nigeria?

Cameron celebrates Chelsea's Champions League win next to ...
www.dailymail.co.uk/.../Cameron-celebrates-Chelseas-Champions-League-win-Obama...

May 20, 2012 - Mr Cameron threw his arms aloft in celebration while German Chancellor Angela Merkel looked on glumly as they watched Chelsea triumph over Bayern Munich during the G8 summit in Maryland, U.S.

Oga, don't argue football with me, i be analyst king. don't bother reply abeg, you nor sabi.

The best player in a world cup becomes world best abi? gets the ballon dior.
when there is no world cup for another 3 yrs, the best player in European football becomes the world best. Gets the same ballon dior a world cup best get. so aren't it so because the level of competition is the same? why didn't they give an award small than ballon dior for club sides or why didn't they create an award bigger than ballon dior and give only world cup best.
oga you are the one that started this baseless argument when you you compared Messi and Ronaldo to Maladona and Pele because they won the wc and I am trying to let you know that yes the both are greater than Messi bc they especially Pele have more national glory than Messi and they have won the wc also. Let me collect your inexperience analysis, Whatsoever Liverpool or Madrid have won belongs to to the club and not the players that played the game at that time. hope you got the gist now. thank you
Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by laribari(m): 8:44pm On Apr 12, 2018
sweetjohn:
oga you are the one that started this baseless argument when you you compared Messi and Ronaldo to Maladona and Pele because they won the wc and I am trying to let you know that yes the both are greater than Messi bc they especially Pele have more national glory than Messi and they have won the wc also. Let me collect your inexperience analysis, Whatsoever Liverpool or Madrid have won belongs to to the club and not the players that played the game at that time. hope you got the gist now. thank you

Are you okay? You are truly a failed student. You want to just argue for pride sake because u are not making sense.

Whatever the club wins belongs to the club and not the players? What about the medal the players get? Or u don't know there is a ucl winner's medal? The club keeps the cup and players keep their medals but both share the glory that comes with it. Your stock rise as a ucl winner.

Like wise, for national team the replica cup goes to th FA and players keep their medal. Isn't Sam thing? Whatever players wins for national team it belongs to country and not the players. Get that in your head. You mean when Nigeria won nations cup, the players took the cup home? How many of them will share the cup?

Whatever national team players win belong to country and not the players as well.

You want to collect and not correct my analysis. How funny. Told u not to reply, you don't know anything.
Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by laribari(m): 9:02pm On Apr 12, 2018
sweetjohn:

Listen to yoursef again. You want to just argue for pride sake because u are not making football sense.

Whatever the club wins belongs to the club and not the players. Really? What about the medal the players get? Or u don't know there is a ucl winner's medal too? Even league medal too?

The club keeps the cup and players keep their medals to show that they took part and were winners for history sake but both the club and players share the glory that comes with winning. Your stock rises as a ucl winner. The history is retained as club get a replica of the trophy in the cabinet, while players get their winner's medal for their personal trophy or medal cabinet.

Like wise, for national team the replica cup goes to the FA of the country and the national team players keep their medal. Isn't it the Same thing? Whatever players wins for national team belongs to country and not the players. Get that in your point. You mean to say that when Nigeria won nation cup in 1994 or Atlanta 96, the players took the cup home? How many of them will share one cup? If they took the cup home, what will the fa or the country get?

Whatever national team players win belong to country and not the players as well. I'm stressing it again.

You want to correct my analysis. How funny! Told u not to reply, you don't know anything. You just wanna talk for the sake of it.
Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by Sundayjoko: 6:54pm On Apr 14, 2018
laribari:

Who is talking of world cup? So with all the analysis u still think I don't know he won 3 WC?

OK ask yourself. How many individual record does Pele have? Pele won 3 world cup, na only him play am? You can say the same for some of his team mates.

See the point. TODAY THE UCL IS MORE PRESTIGIOUS THAN THE WORLD CUP and I will tell u why. The ucl of today is what the world cup of those days is.

Is Ballon d'ior (player of the year award) which is a fifa award based on national team exploits or club side? World cup is once in 4 yrs and plays no part in Ballon d'ior except maybe in a world Cup year.

World cup is a collective award and back then I doubt if there is anything as golden ball (player of tournament) not categorically world best. World best award has been refined and it's the pinnacle of any individual award you can think of. Messi has 5.

Messi has broken la Liga all time scorer award, Ronaldo has done same too. They have out scored evryone in a league like spain since the football started there.

Wanna know why Pele is the greatest
Scored 1,279 goals.only player to do so
Only player to score 91 hat tricks
Singlehandedly won his first world cup for Brazil ...I repeat SINGLEHANDEDLY
Did all these without playing in Europe
So think again not Messi or Ronaldo is worthy to be compared with that man not one of them
He played at a time when blacks were given the worst treatment and treated with disdain even in football!
Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by Sundayjoko: 6:57pm On Apr 14, 2018
laribari:

Who is talking of world cup? So with all the analysis u still think I don't know he won 3 WC?

OK ask yourself. How many individual record does Pele have? Pele won 3 world cup, na only him play am? You can say the same for some of his team mates.

See the point. TODAY THE UCL IS MORE PRESTIGIOUS THAN THE WORLD CUP and I will tell u why. The ucl of today is what the world cup of those days is.

Is Ballon d'ior (player of the year award) which is a fifa award based on national team exploits or club side? World cup is once in 4 yrs and plays no part in Ballon d'ior except maybe in a world Cup year.

World cup is a collective award and back then I doubt if there is anything as golden ball (player of tournament) not categorically world best but best player in the tournament. World best award has been refined and it's the pinnacle of any individual award you can think of. Messi has 5.

Messi has broken la Liga all time scorer award, Ronaldo has done same too. They have out scored evryone in a league like spain since the football started there.

WHEN YOU DO SO WELL AT THE WORLD CUP LIKE CANNAVARO, WHAT DO YOU GET IN RETURN? BALLON DIOR! IF YOU DO SO WELL IN A PERIOD WHEN THERE IS NO WORLDCUP, THEN UCL AND WORLD CLUB CUP REPLACES WORLD CUP. THEY BECOME SAME IN TERMS OF EVALUATING A PLAYER AND IN WEIGHT.

SO BEST CLUB PLAYER GETS WHAT? ISN'T IT THE SAME BALLON DIOR THAT A WORLD CUP BEST GOT AND CANAVARRO IS AN EXAMPLE.

SO HOW IS WORLD CUP BIGGER IN TERMS OF EVALUATING PLAYERS? BE ENLIGHTENED ABEG, UCL HAS BEEN REFINED. YOU DON'T GET TO SEE THE BEST AT THE WORLD CUP BUT CLUBSIDE. ASK GEORGE WEAH IF HE WAS JUDGED WITH LIBERIA OR IF HE WENT TO ANY WORLD CUP.

PELE HAS 3 WORLD CUP (INDIVIDUAL AWARD WILL BE 3 BALLON DIOR).
MESSI/CR7 5 BALLON DIOR

Sorry to disappoint Bruv but Fifa already released an evaluation that points if ballondor weren't awarded to only European players in Pele''s time, he would have won 7 Ballondor's
Please don't be comparing Messo and CR7 to that guy
Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by laribari(m): 7:54am On Apr 15, 2018
Sundayjoko:

Sorry to disappoint Bruv but Fifa already released an evaluation that points if ballondor weren't awarded to only European players in Pele''s time, he would have won 7 Ballondor's
Please don't be comparing Messo and CR7 to that guy

Play for what club side? Oga what ar you saying? Did Pele ever play in any top European team? Pele instead played in the United state of America, a then basket ball country. The competition in Europe has always been rated higher anywhere else. Pele was only judged on world cup period. Messi is greater than Pele.

How did he merit 7 Ballon d'ior? Show me the evaluation let's review it. Fifa trying to make him not loose his legendary status as their number as long as he is still alive and active in football matters.

1 Like

Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by laribari(m): 8:13am On Apr 15, 2018
Sundayjoko:

So think again not Messi or Ronaldo is worthy to be compared with that man not one of them
He played at a time when blacks were given the worst treatment and treated with disdain even in football!

FIRST OF ALL, LETS RECOGNIZE THAT MESSI PLAYED IN A DIFFERENT ERA AND HE IS THE GREATEST IN HIS TIME. THE GAME TODAY IS DIFFICULT, SCIENTIFIC (TACTICAL AND TECHNICAL), YET MESSI WHO IS A STRANGER IN WHAT THEY CALL THE BEST LEAGUE (SPAIN) IN THE WORLD BROKE HAS CREATED AND BROKE MANY RCORDS.

Highlight:

Top goalscorer in La Liga: 378 goals[548]
Top assist provider in La Liga: 149 assists
Top goalscorer in a La Liga season: 50 goals in 2011–12[551]
Most hat-tricks scored in a La Liga season: 8 in 2011–12 (shared with Cristiano Ronaldo)
First player to reach 300 La Liga goals; only player to reach 350 La Liga goals.
Most opposition teams scored against in La Liga history: 36

Top goalscorer in a club season: 73 goals in 2011–12[537]
Longest goalscoring run in a domestic league: 21 matches, 33 goals in 2012–13

Guinness World Record as top goalscorer for club and country in a calendar year: 91 goals in 2012[138]
Top goalscorer in all club competitions in a calendar year: 79 goals in 2012[136]

Argentina all-time top goalscorer: 61 goals

Individual
Awards
FIFA Ballon d'Or/Ballon d'Or: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015[466][467]
European Golden Shoe: 2010, 2012, 2013, 2017[154][234]
FIFA World Player of the Year: 2009[467]
FIFA World Cup Golden Ball: 2014[468]
UEFA Men's Player of the Year Award: 2011, 2015[195]
UEFA Club Footballer of the Year: 2009[469]
UEFA Club Forward of the Year: 2009[469]
World Soccer World Player of the Year: 2009, 2011, 2012, 2015[470][471][472][473]
Onze d'Or: 2009, 2010–11, 2011–12[474]
Globe Soccer Awards Best Player of the Year: 2015[475]
La Liga Best Player: 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2011–12, 2012–13, 2014–15[476][477][478]
La Liga Best Forward: 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2011–12, 2012–13, 2014–15, 2015–16[476][477][478][479]
FIFA Club World Cup Golden Ball: 2009, 2011[480]
FIFA Club World Cup Silver Ball: 2015[481]
FIFA Club World Cup Final Most Valuable Player: 2009, 2011[480]
FIFA World Youth Championship Golden Ball: 2005[482]
FIFA World Youth Championship Golden Shoe: 2005[482]
Olimpia de Oro (Argentine Sportsperson of the Year): 2011[476]
Olimpia de Plata (Argentine Footballer of the Year): 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017[476][483][484][485]
Copa América Best Young Player: 2007[486]
Copa América Golden Ball: 2015[487][488][489][490]
FIFPro Young World Player of the Year: 2006, 2007, 2008[486]
World Soccer Young Player of the Year: 2006, 2007, 2008[491]
Bravo Award: 2007[492]
Golden Boy (Young European Footballer of the Year): 2005[51]
IFFHS World's Best Playmaker: 2015, 2016, 2017[493][494][495]
IFFHS World's Best Top Goalscorer: 2011, 2012[496]
IFFHS World's Best Top Division Goalscorer: 2012, 2013, 2017[496]
IFFHS Men's World Team: 2017[497]
La Liga Player of the Month: January 2016, April 2017[498][499]
Trofeo Alfredo Di Stéfano: 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2014–15, 2016–17[500]
Don Balón Award (La Liga Best Foreign Player): 2006–07, 2007–08, 2009–10[501]
Trofeo EFE: 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2011–12[502]
Trofeo Aldo Rovira: 2009–10, 2011–12, 2012–13, 2014–15, 2016–17[503][504]
FIFA FIFPro World XI: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017[486][505][506][507]
UEFA Team of the Year: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017[469][508][509]
ESM Team of the Season: 2005–06, 2007–08, 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2011–12, 2012–13, 2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17[510]
ESPN World Team of the Decade: 2009[511]
UEFA Ultimate Team of the Year[512]
World Soccer Greatest XI of All Time (published 2013)[513]
La Liga Team of the Season: 2014–15, 2015–16[514]
UEFA La Liga Team of The Season: 2015–16, 2016–17[515][516]
FIFA World Cup Dream Team: 2014[517]
Copa América Dream Team: 2007, 2011, 2015, 2016[518][519][520][337]
AFA Team of All Time (published 2015)[521]
UEFA Goal of the Season: 2006–07, 2014–15, 2015–16[476][190][522]
Copa América Best Goal: 2007[523][524]
Best International Athlete ESPY Award: 2012, 2015[525]
L'Équipe Champion of Champions: 2011[526]
Performances
La Liga top goalscorer: 2009–10, 2011–12, 2012–13, 2016–17[527]
La Liga top assist provider: 2010–11, 2014–15, 2015–16[528]
Copa del Rey top goalscorer: 2008–09, 2010–11, 2013–14, 2015–16, 2016–17[529]
Copa del Rey top assist provider: 2016–17[530]
UEFA Champions League top goalscorer: 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2011–12, 2014–15[531]
UEFA Champions League top assist provider: 2011–12, 2014–15[532]
FIFA Club World Cup top goalscorer: 2011[533]
FIFA World Youth Championship top goalscorer: 2005[258]
Copa América top assist provider: 2011, 2015, 2016[519][534][535]
Records
As of April 2018
World
Most (FIFA) Ballons d'Or: 5 (2009–12, 2015) (shared with Cristiano Ronaldo)[536]
Guinness World Record as top goalscorer for club and country in a calendar year: 91 goals in 2012[138]
Top goalscorer in all club competitions in a calendar year: 79 goals in 2012[136]
Longest goalscoring run in a domestic league: 21 matches, 33 goals in 2012–13[152][151][538]
Only player to have won more than one FIFA Club World Cup Golden Ball[480]
Most appearances in the FIFPro World XI: 11 times (2007–2017) (shared with Cristiano Ronaldo)[539]
Continental
Most goals scored in a European Cup/Champions League game: 5 goals (shared with 13 other players)[540][541]
Most goals scored in the UEFA Champions League group stages: 60[542]
Most hat-tricks scored in the UEFA Champions League: 7 (shared with Cristiano Ronaldo)[543]
Youngest player to make 100 appearances in the UEFA Champions League: 28 years, 84 days in 2015[544]
Top goalscorer in the UEFA Super Cup: 3 goals (shared with Arie Haan, Oleg Blokhin, Gerd Müller, Rob Rensenbrink, François Van der Elst, Terry McDermott, and Radamel Falcao)[545]
Top assist provider in Copa América: 11 assists[546]
Most goals scored in CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers: 21 goals (shared with Luis Suárez)[355]
Spain
Most Best Player in La Liga awards: 6 (2009–13, 2015)[547]
Most Best Forward in La Liga awards: 7 (2009–13, 2015, 2016)[547]
Top assist provider in La Liga: 149 assists[note 4][184][185][549]
Top goalscorer in the Supercopa de España: 13 goals[295][550]
Most hat-tricks scored in a La Liga season: 8 in 2011–12 (shared with Cristiano Ronaldo)[295]
First player to reach 300 La Liga goals; only player to reach 350 La Liga goals.[552][237]
Most opposition teams scored against in La Liga history: 36[553][554]
Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by laribari(m): 8:14am On Apr 15, 2018
Sundayjoko:

FIRST OF ALL, LETS RECOGNIZE THAT MESSI PLAYER IN A DIFFERENT ERA AND HIS THE GREATEST IN HIS TIME. THE GAME TODAY IS DIFFICULT, SCIENTIFIC (TACTICAL AND TECHNICAL) NOT OLD SCHOOL, YET MESSI IN WHAT THEY CALL TH BEST LEAGUE (SPAIN) IN THE WORLD BROKE AND CREATED MANY RCORD. AS THE WORLD CIVILIZES, THE GOALS ARE DRYING UP. PELE TIME NA OLD SCHOOL AND THEIR IS NO OFFSIDE IN FOOTBALL THEN AS IT IS TODAY. THE RULE WAS AMENDED IN 1973. Pele won wc at 58, 62 annd 1970.

Highlight:

Most hat-tricks scored in a La Liga season: 8 in 2011–12 (shared with Cristiano Ronaldo)
First player to reach 300 La Liga goals; only player to reach 350 La Liga goals.

Individual
Awards
World Soccer World Player of the Year: 2009, 2011, 2012, 2015[470][471][472][473]
La Liga Best Player: 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2011–12, 2012–13, 2014–15[476][477][478]
La Liga Best Forward: 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2011–12, 2012–13, 2014–15, 2015–16[476][477][478][479]
Olimpia de Plata (Argentine Footballer of the Year): 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017[476][483][484][485]
FIFA FIFPro World XI: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017[486][505][506][507]
UEFA Team of the Year: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017[469][508][509]
ESM Team of the Season: 2005–06, 2007–08, 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2011–12, 2012–13, 2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17[510]
Performances
UEFA Champions League top goalscorer: 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2011–12, 2014–15[531]
Records
As of April 2018
World
Most (FIFA) Ballons d'Or: 5 (2009–12, 2015) (shared with Cristiano Ronaldo)[536]
Longest goalscoring run in a domestic league: 21 matches, 33 goals in 2012–13[152][151][538]
Most appearances in the FIFPro World XI: 11 times (2007–2017) (shared with Cristiano Ronaldo)[539]
Continental
Most goals scored in a European Cup/Champions League game: 5 goals (shared with 13 other players)[540][541]
Most hat-tricks scored in the UEFA Champions League: 7 (shared with Cristiano Ronaldo)[543]
Youngest player to make 100 appearances in the UEFA Champions League: 28 years, 84 days in 2015[544]
Top goalscorer in the UEFA Super Cup: 3 goals (shared with Arie Haan, Oleg Blokhin, Gerd Müller, Rob Rensenbrink, François Van der Elst, Terry McDermott, and Radamel Falcao)[545]
Most goals scored in CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers: 21 goals (shared with Luis Suárez)[355]
Spain
Most hat-tricks scored in a La Liga season: 8 in 2011–12 (shared with Cristiano Ronaldo)[295]
First player to reach 300 La Liga goals; only player to reach 350 La Liga goals.[552][237]
Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by Sundayjoko: 4:59pm On Apr 15, 2018
laribari:

FIRST OF ALL, LETS RECOGNIZE THAT MESSI PLAYER IN A DIFFERENT ERA AND HIS THE GREATEST IN HIS TIME. THE GAME TODAY IS DIFFICULT, SCIENTIFIC (TACTICAL AND TECHNICAL) NOT OLD SCHOOL, YET MESSI IN WHAT THEY CALL TH BEST LEAGUE (SPAIN) IN THE WORLD BROKE AND CREATED MANY RCORD. AS THE WORLD CIVILIZES, THE GOALS ARE DRYING UP. PELE TIME NA OLD SCHOOL AND THEIR IS NO OFFSIDE IN FOOTBALL THEN AS IT IS TODAY. THE RULE WAS AMENDED IN 1973. Pele won wc at 58, 62 annd 1970.

Highlight:

Individual
Awards
Performances
Records
As of April 2018
World
Continental
Spain

I like your copied Messi knowledge bruv but football then was harder trust me the pitch was nowhere good there might not be offside but there wasn't a guarantee for players life then like today,it might be more tactical today,but it was more difficult then

Now to disapprove ur claim Messi is amazing no doubt but u cant say he's the greatest cause he hasn't achieved more than Ronaldo individually fact Ronaldo has more individual awards than Messi and he hasn't won all the awards Ronaldo has won like wise Ronaldo for Messi so you can't say he's better or greatest the only sure thing is Messi and
Ronaldo would always be in the all greatest history books

My advice,stop the segregation u can be a fan but not a hater or separator

1 Like

Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by Sundayjoko: 5:29pm On Apr 15, 2018
laribari:

Play for what club side? Oga what ar you saying? Did Pele ever play in any top European team? Pele instead played in the United state of America, a then basket ball country. The competition in Europe has always been rated higher anywhere else. Pele was only judged on world cup period. Messi is greater than Pele.

How did he merit 7 Ballon d'ior? Show me the evaluation let's review it. Fifa trying to make him not loose his legendary status as their number as long as he is still alive and active in football matters.

U want a proof,I'm sure you know what Google is used for Bruv,it's a search engine

And u mis understand things,I said if only ballondors weren't awarded to European players alone at the time and u said Pele didn't play for any European club which means he wasn't an European player so he wasn't awarded one so don't know why u are still arguing when you are just supporting my point grin grin

And for the proof just Google it bruv,unlike many people I argue with facts and not based on what I've heard or seen on a few occasions alone so before u just rule out Pele research on who the man called Pele is cause I'm sure u don't know a lot about him u just know him as a legend
Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by Sundayjoko: 5:31pm On Apr 15, 2018
laribari:

Highlight:

Individual
Awards
Performances
Records
As of April 2018
World
Continental
Spain

Quick question for u bruv how many f Pele's goals were offside so we can count them out of his goals grin grin
Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by laribari(m): 5:47pm On Apr 15, 2018
Sundayjoko:

Quick question for u bruv how many f Pele's goals were offside so we can count them out of his goals grin grin

How many of pele's goals and games did you watch from 1958 in Sweden? Was there goal replay back then sef?
Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by laribari(m): 5:52pm On Apr 15, 2018
Sundayjoko:

U want a proof,I'm sure you know what Google is used for Bruv,it's a search engine

And u mis understand things,I said if only ballondors weren't awarded to European players alone at the time and u said Pele didn't play for any European club which means he wasn't an European player so he wasn't awarded one so don't know why u are still arguing when you are just supporting my point grin grin

And for the proof just Google it bruv,unlike many people I argue with facts and not based on what I've heard or seen on a few occasions alone so before u just rule out Pele research on who the man called Pele is cause I'm sure u don't know a lot about him u just know him as a legend

Oga I'm going not stupid. I said he didn't play any European club, so I don't rate him. Pele had it some what easy in a league he was comfortable with. The only foreign club he played was new York cosmos. Should have gone to Italian league which was the best league in the 70s to proof himself and try win Ballon d'ior.

1 Like

Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by Sundayjoko: 6:03pm On Apr 17, 2018
laribari:

How many of pele's goals and games did you watch from 1958 in Sweden? Was there goal replay back then sef?

So why mention offside in ur last post
But u know what u can go argue with Fifa that their evaluation is wrong cause you are better analyst than the board or whoever their analyst is
Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by laribari(m): 10:53am On Apr 18, 2018
Sundayjoko:

So why mention offside in ur last post
But u know what u can go argue with Fifa that their evaluation is wrong cause you are better analyst than the board or whoever their analyst is

Hahahahahaha! Isn't fifa messy and corrupt? I didn't say it but they exposed themselves. Remember the sepp blather saga which got many of their members fired including sepp himself? I'm not saying I'm perfect but fifa isn't too. Their dealings has proven to be shady, so their evaluation is prone to be questioned. They can be wrong but like every other business, they know what they are doing in their own interest.

Oga don't even sound as if fifa members are not humans and don't have emotions.

Everything is staged manage and down to opinion based on favorites. This is why Messi and cr7 comparison will persist, it's down to opinion. Maradona haven't even done half of Messi and cr7, yet they rate him along with Pele. Everything is stage managed. See what is happening in ucl today. Up till semi final they do draws. Why? They are stage managing teams to make more money. They pair teams they want to see.
Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by cr7lomo: 11:42am On Apr 18, 2018
sweetjohn:
Pele won 3 wc trophies... winning a world Cup is bigger than winning a champion league plus wc is more difficult to win. thousands if not million footballers and many clubs have won the cl but only few countries not up to ten have had the opportunity to win the wc... therefore Pele is the greatest

That's cos it's played once in four years...do u think Pele can win 3 wc in this era?? Wetin Pele de play na glorified confederation cup...how many teams did he compete again... world cup of the fifty's and sixty's is equivalent to confederation cup of these days
Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by cr7lomo: 11:51am On Apr 18, 2018
laribari:

World cup is a collective award and back then I doubt if there is anything as golden ball (player of tournament) not categorically world best but best player in the tournament. World best award has been refined and it's the pinnacle of any individual award you can think of. Messi has 5.

WHEN YOU DO SO WELL AT THE WORLD CUP LIKE CANNAVARO, WHAT DO YOU GET IN RETURN? BALLON DIOR! IF YOU DO SO WELL IN A PERIOD WHEN THERE IS NO WORLDCUP, THEN UCL AND WORLD CLUB CUP REPLACES WORLD CUP. THEY BECOME SAME IN TERMS OF EVALUATING A PLAYER AND IN WEIGHT.

SO BEST CLUB PLAYER GETS WHAT? ISN'T IT THE SAME BALLON DIOR THAT A WORLD CUP BEST GOT AND CANAVARRO IS AN EXAMPLE.

SO HOW IS WORLD CUP BIGGER IN TERMS OF EVALUATING PLAYERS? BE ENLIGHTENED ABEG, UCL HAS BEEN REFINED. YOU DON'T GET TO SEE THE BEST AT THE WORLD CUP BUT CLUBSIDE. ASK GEORGE WEAH IF HE WAS JUDGED WITH LIBERIA OR IF HE WENT TO ANY WORLD CUP.

PELE HAS 3 WORLD CUP (INDIVIDUAL AWARD WILL BE 3 BALLON DIOR).
MESSI/CR7 5 BALLON DIOR

I can never use a wc to judge the best player ever... reason being that an excellent player that is not nationalised in a top country has almost no chance of lifting it cos countries don't buy players...for club football, ur excellent work is rewarded by gaining a contract with a top team , then with good players ard , the player can rise to the top...if Pele was Chilean or Colombian, wud he hv won it??
Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by laribari(m): 3:10pm On Apr 18, 2018
cr7lomo:

I can never use a wc to judge the best player ever... reason being that an excellent player that is not nationalised in a top country has almost no chance of lifting it cos countries don't buy players...for club football, ur excellent work is rewarded by gaining a contract with a top team , then with good players ard , the player can rise to the top...if Pele was Chilean or Colombian, wud he hv won it??

Finally, someone with a proper reasoning. The world cup is no more than 7 games but we are talking about a full season of over 50 games to proof yourself at the top and also show consistency. From history, in 1958 Pele only started playing in the last group game match where. In 1958, there were only 16 teams and that is 4 teams in 4 different groups. After group games of 3 matches, they play quarter final straight and then semi before final. Brazil topped their group by 2 points so they didn't need to play play-off.
so in total, brazil only played 6 games to be crowned champions. Pele only played 4 games in 1958 (Sweden) and scored 3 goals.

In 1970 world cup (mexico) Jiazinho the main marked man for brazil scored 7 goals, pele scored 4 goals and all Pele goals came only in the group games.

in 1962 world cup (chile) I'm not so sure how many he scored but I can look it up later. The thing that worked for Pele is that he is the only player who played in 3 world cups being that he started early at 17 and stopped at 35 after 1970.

I have asked this people this same thing. so how come George weah won the world best player without playing at the world cup in his entire career? All the praises Pele got were becos the world cup then was the biggest at the time but today, ucl can rival the world cup in terms of viewership, money, sponsorship, top professionals on show, etc. This is why the highest individual award to judge any best player called BALLON DIOR is given based on European performance as well. Why? It can substitute for the world cup becos of its high level of competition where the best players of the world are on show. WHAT IS HARD FOR THIS PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND?

SUMMARY

In Group 4, Pelé did not play until the last of Brazil's group games, against the Soviet Union. He failed to score, but Brazil won the game 2–0 (much thanks to an impressive exhibition of dribbling prowess by his partner Garrincha) and the group by two points.

No body is talking of Garrincha, Jaizinho (my main guy) who was also instrumental for Brazil as if na only pele play the world cup for brazil.

Pele is great but based on the weight the ucl and world cup share, I will place Messi as the greatest player to have won 5 best player award same with cr7. At best, Pele will have 2 or 1. the first world work he won at 17, he scored how many? Did he even play in the group stages? so that can't be enough to make him world best at the time.

1 Like

Re: One Word For Messi As Roma Beats Barcelona 3-0 by Sundayjoko: 2:37am On Apr 20, 2018
laribari:

Hahahahahaha! Isn't fifa messy and corrupt? I didn't say it but they exposed themselves. Remember the sepp blather saga which got many of their members fired including sepp himself? I'm not saying I'm perfect but fifa isn't too. Their dealings has proven to be shady, so their evaluation is prone to be questioned. They can be wrong but like every other business, they know what they are doing in their own interest.

Oga don't even sound as if fifa members are not humans and don't have emotions.

Everything is staged manage and down to opinion based on favorites. This is why Messi and cr7 comparison will persist, it's down to opinion. Maradona haven't even done half of Messi and cr7, yet they rate him along with Pele. Everything is stage managed. See what is happening in ucl today. Up till semi final they do draws. Why? They are stage managing teams to make more money. They pair teams they want to see.

I'll have to agree with you on this one though especially Maradona

U right

(1) (2) (Reply)

"How Will I Explain To My Kids That Ziyech Is The Only African In This Picture" / Caf Disowns Nominees List For African Player Of The Year / Uk Pool Week 20 Live Draws 3/3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 201
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.