Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Big Mistakes That Some Mini Importer's Do When Setting Up Facebook Ad Set Part2 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Big Mistakes That Some Mini Importer's Do When Setting Up Facebook Ad Set Part2 (1569 Views)

Who Else Wants To Be A Mini Importer And Make Crazy Profits? / Who Else Wants To Be A Mini Importer And Make Crazy Profits / My Pain And Gain On Facebook Ads Success Story Has Mini Importer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Big Mistakes That Some Mini Importer's Do When Setting Up Facebook Ad Set Part2 by cryptrader(m): 11:04pm On Apr 10, 2018
On my previous post here on nairalanad I explain some mistakes that mini importers make when setting up Facebook ads on that post I explain the mistakes of not doing proper research on the product that you want to import you can know more by clicking this link https://www.nairaland.com/4442045/facebook-ads-doesnt-work-mini

So today I will continue from where I stopped from the previous post, so let gets started

After doing your research on what to import the next thing is to run your adverts, here I will explaining the mistakes that guys do when setting the ads up
NOTE:

THE FIRST THING THAT YOU NEED TO KNOW IS THAT NOBODY LOGON TO FACEOOOK TO VIEW YOUR PAGE OR THEY INTENTIONALLY LOGON TO FACEBOOK TO BUY FROM YOU, NOBODY HAS THAT BUYERS MINDSET WHEN THEY LOGIN TO FACEBOOK. BUT OF CAUSE YOU NEED TO CONVERT THEIR ATTENTION INTO YOUR PRODUCT .

SO After knowing that the next thing that is expected of you to do is to set that your ads very well but instead of setting that ads well these are the mistakes that guys normally do almost all the time

1.The eagerness of I want to make it all at ones

2. UNPREPARED PLAN

3. Over TOO BROAD AUDIENCE ( WITH FIVE THOUSAND NAIRA)

4. No call To Action

So I will explaining this mistakes one after the other
THE EAGERNESS OF I WANT TO MAKE IT ALL AT ONES
Is not as if your ads campaign is not working but what really happen is you not knowing the real thing that you need to but together and not doing the right thing that you need to do, instead what you thought of is just to put the pictures or the video together and go to facebook to set the ads with it , but facebook ads doesn’t work like that. You need to plan every bits of you ads from A-Z you need to ask yourself several questions on how you want to make that money rather than having the eagerness of making it all at ones. If you have the thinking of how you want to make that rather the old thinking of making it all this will help you to know how you will set your ads perfectly without making little or no mistakes;

1.Think on either to use video or picture for that campaign before setting it up

2. Think on what kind of picture you want to use likewise the video that you want to use

3. Don’t copy and paste everything at least add something to it.

This will leads to To the Next Mistake

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Big Mistakes That Some Mini Importer's Do When Setting Up Facebook Ad Set Part2 by cryptrader(m): 11:13pm On Apr 10, 2018
You can comment and ask any question concerning this topic
Re: Big Mistakes That Some Mini Importer's Do When Setting Up Facebook Ad Set Part2 by cryptrader(m): 11:29pm On Apr 10, 2018
UNPREPARED PLAN

You need to plan everything ;

Delivery

Audience to target

[color=#006600]
Which content to use for your ads copy( and of which little people do this) but you need to do this I will explain the reason later

Page settings [/color]

And so on

Now let go to explanation

If you know how you want to do your delivery and which company to use this will help you to know the locati0on of people that you will be targeting, but if you fail to know this it will lead to you wasting your money on people that you will not be able to deliver to, let me give an example here

A guy contacted me early last year he imported one particular product but he is in Ibadan and then it is very hard to deliver your product to far distance place like north and south south since it is pod( Pay On delivery) but he fail to do his research and does customer are not ready to to pay before delivery, but instead of him to do the research on which delivering method to use he fail to do that and this lead to him wasting his money by targeting every location in Nigeria. Instead of using that money to target people that are in south west her with a good probability that they will still buy the product.

Which Audience To Target

Let me tell you the real fact here if you fail to know the right people to target you will Waste have of your budget in showing your ads to people that has no interest on that particular product, don’t know how to explain this by writing it but properly may be I will do video explainer on this because if you fail on this aspect you should forget about the rest, I remember back then me wasting my money to people that will not buy my product, you should forget about your Facebook friend for now they are not the audience that you need unless you will be wasting your time by posting and reposting everyday and in case if you don’t know Facebook algorithm has change no more writing the word like share, comment and things like that the moment you do so forget about that post no one will see that post except only YOU unless if it is paid ads.

A lot to talk about here but I cant continue writing and writing. But before I will leave this subtopic I will like to say this if you know the right audience to target on Facebook you will spend little money with great conversion.

Failure Of Ads Copy planning

This part is also very important, if you remember what I said before ( NOBODY HAVE THAT BUYERS MINDSET WHEN THEY LOGIN TO FACEBOOK. BUT OF CAUSE YOU NEED TO CONVERT THEIR ATTENTION INTO YOUR PRODUCT)

Please pause on this side and reason very well if you can think very well on this you will understand what I'm trying to say, if your ads copy post is very interesting and catchy you will see engagement with your post , don’t let your post be very long and let it explain what you are trying to sell but in a very catchy way without writing grammar or long post, if you don’t know many people don’t read long post any more unless if it is interesting people prefer to watch video ads than reading that long post and even on that your video ads you need it to engage your audience because from research if your first 60 seconds of your video is not compelling forget about the rest .

Page Settings

Don’t just set your Facebook ads page any how you might think THIS doesn’t mean anything but I will not say more than this.
This Area is Very important and very funny

1 Like

Re: Big Mistakes That Some Mini Importer's Do When Setting Up Facebook Ad Set Part2 by cryptrader(m): 9:58am On Apr 11, 2018
Good morning

Be expecting the remaining stuff today
Re: Big Mistakes That Some Mini Importer's Do When Setting Up Facebook Ad Set Part2 by cryptrader(m): 11:25pm On Apr 11, 2018
TARGETING OVER TOO BROAD AUDIENCE WITH THAT YOU 5000 NAIRA

You see whenever I see anybody that is trying to cut corners and not ready to pay for knowledge and he/ she want to make money I will just leave them alone. This aspect is not funny at all but it is very important, if you don’t know this part before you better stop and read this KNOW
It is not funny and it is not a crime to use 5k to start your facebook ads, but the most funny aspect of it is that you using that your 5k to target 10-5 million people if you are a victim of this aspect you will understand what im trying to say here, almost everyone of us in one way or the other had fall into it before but with learning and research facbook ads is very easy to run with 5k and you will sell all your product of,
If you don’t know I will tell now you need to learn how facebook marketing works you need to know how to use that your little money to make huge sells but it is not done if you don’t all this

Everybody are not your customer all the
Nigerians that are on facebook are not your customer unless if you are a company or you have brand name that you want to promote and even with this you need upto like 20-100k.
If you want to use little money to set a very converting ads you need to know that your particular niche very well , you need to know that your product very well, you need to know where your real customers are, you need to know how to SPY, YOU NEED TO KNOW HOW TO NARROW DOWN this is really working, let me just advice you on this when next you are setting your facebook ads do not target more 500k downward unless you will be wasting your money, know how to spy on what is working for your competitors and how to target them .

CALL TO ACTION

You need this, if you don’t tell people to perform any action I tell you they will not do anything, you need to know that call to action is very important. I will stop here now.

If You Want to Know more on how to use facebook to sell anything online feel free to message me now on this number 09058529258 or send me a mail to wikenomall@gmail.com or if you have any question feel free to message me or call.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Big Mistakes That Some Mini Importer's Do When Setting Up Facebook Ad Set Part2 by cryptrader(m): 8:59am On Apr 12, 2018
Good morning
Re: Big Mistakes That Some Mini Importer's Do When Setting Up Facebook Ad Set Part2 by Richharry: 11:39am On Mar 09, 2020
Does this sound familiar?

You invest a massive budget on a Facebook ads campaign hoping to generate a lot of opportunities but end up with little to no conversions. It appears to be that you just flushed your marketing budget down the drain.

But hey….

The good news is, you are not the only one!

I have heard so many people complain that social advertising doesn’t perform. And most of the times, the follow up complaint is that the campaigns were too expensive, they did not achieve the business goal they were trying to accomplish, and the campaign did not reach their key audience.

With 2.45 billion active monthly users, Facebook still remain an advertising giant. If Facebook were a country, it would definitely be the largest in the world.

57% of consumer says that social media influences their decision making process. Hence, every business wants to run ads on Facebook. Its active user in billions, coupled with great targeting criteria, make it a magnet for advertisers.

Recently, there has been a massive decline in Facebook organic reach and ad impressions on the increase. This has made the competition steep for advertisers to keep up by ensuring ads are engaging and relevant.

Hence the reason I am sharing with you 12 Biggest Facebook Ads Mistakes to Avoid in 2020.

1. Not Defining Your Buyer Persona
A buyer persona is a prototype of your typical or ideal customer, based on detailed audience research.

When you target everyone, you target no one. Still trying to sell to ‘everyone’ in 2020? Mass marketing is the 90’s tactics and just doesn’t work anymore. This one common mistakes advertisers make with Facebook ads that you must avoid in 2020.

You need to define your ideal customer. If your ideal customer base is too broad, streamlining it into a few buyer personas is essential. Important questions like who needs this the most, what age bracket do they fall in, what interest them, where do they live? Have a well defined buyer persona. As this is the first step to effective marketing strategy for an y business.

Perhaps, you are wondering what benefit this is. Facebook offers wide range of targeting criteria based on demographic, behaviour and interest options. Throwing your ads to everyone will not only be ineffective, but it will also cost your hard earned money.

2. Expecting Facebook To Work Like Other Channels
This is another popular mistake among advertisers. Expecting Facebook to deliver results in the same way search ads or display ads do is a wrong way to monitor campaign performance. You need to always bear in mind that Facebook delivers your ads to people who are most likely to be interested in your offerings.

Google Search Ads will deliver different results as they great for matching audience based on intent. Facebook matches audience based on interest. Hence, they will typically deliver different results.

3. Setting The Wrong Marketing Objective
This is a prevalent Facebook ads mistake among beginners. Facebook advertising is crystallized into a sales funnel. The sales funnel starts with awareness and ends with conversion and within it, you have the marketing objective.

It’s difficult to develop a holistic Facebook Ads Strategy if you lack understanding of your ad objective. To avoid this Facebook ad mistake that could cause your your ad budget, you must choose the right Facebook Ads objective that aligns with your business goal at every point in your marketing journey.

The Marketing objective is the first level of the Facebook campaign structure. Just before you start creating your Facebook ad, the ads manager asks you what your objective is.

What is the goal of my campaign?

Am I looking for event responses, awareness, engagement with consumers, traffic to my site or lead generation?

Whatever objective you select must align with your business objective and where your business is in the marketing journey. The wrong Facebook campaign objective is synonymous to building castle in the air. Hence, this is the first step to any successful Facebook Campaign.

4.Measuring The Wrong Metric
When your Facebook ad campaign is active and delivering, there are a ton of metrics at your disposal within the ads manager. Some of them are reach, clicks, landing page view, impression, cost-per-click click-through rate, conversion rate and others. Again, your marketing goals informs the metrics you measure — are you trying to optimize your ads for higher conversions and bring down costs or do you have a really large budget to test?

5. Forgetting To Use Facebook Pixels
Tracking and reporting are vital elements of any marketing strategy. How are you able to ascertain that what you are doing to drive opportunity to your business is working?

Facebook pixels are snippets of java script code Facebook uses to monitor users behaviour on your website. It is simple to install. However, if you’re not techie, you might need to get website developer to assist with the Installation.

Most advertisers seems to ignore this important step and proceed with running a campaign. Pixels not only help Facebook measure who’s doing what on your site, but it also helps you as an advertiser define your audience in the future and also optimize effectively.

Also, you could decide to exclude certain audience segment people who have already visited your website from a new campaign or remarket to those who are your existing customer. Facebook pixels is a very useful tool and must never be ignored.

Find Out More: https://primegatedigital.com/12-biggest-facebook-ads-mistakes-to-avoid-in-2020/

1 Like

Re: Big Mistakes That Some Mini Importer's Do When Setting Up Facebook Ad Set Part2 by crackclap: 12:59pm On Feb 14, 2022
Another mistake is Boosting your posts instead of running ads.

You know, boosting your post can’t be likened to running a Facebook ad. This is an extremely common mistake that small businesses make.

Many times, you will hear business owners tell me they are running ads when in actuality they are “boosting” their posts from the Instagram platform...this is a big NO.

(1) (Reply)

5000 Naira Loan / "Do You Even Go To Work"? - Fans Ask Femi Otedola. See His Reply / Earn 70k Reading News(free Entry)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.