Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,904 members, 7,821,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

CCTV Footage Of Offa Bank Robbery Surfaces Online (Unconfirmed) - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / CCTV Footage Of Offa Bank Robbery Surfaces Online (Unconfirmed) (70465 Views)

The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) / People Killed In Offa Bank Robbery Loaded In A Truck As Residents Cry (Graphic) / Police Officers And Victims Killed In The Offa Bank Robbery (Graphics Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CCTV Footage Of Offa Bank Robbery Surfaces Online (Unconfirmed) by TheTechMan: 3:16pm On Apr 11, 2018
ehie:
They had so much time, they look young and slim and well-dressed probably students or cultists, hardened criminals would have been more coordinated and not as clean cut, I thought it would have been Sars but Sars are more beefy. Most of them are probably enroute Ghana or Togo. They could be Boko Haram since their modus operandi is seen here, bombs, killing of women and children.the police can start with the bullets, could be identifiable. It's not rocket science. But we have become so useless,fingerprints are there galore, trace the explosives, but what do I know? Weatin concern police with investigation when they can collect 200 on the road

I salute you. Good points. I see you're one of the nairaland oldies smiley

1 Like

Re: CCTV Footage Of Offa Bank Robbery Surfaces Online (Unconfirmed) by Ene33(m): 3:20pm On Apr 11, 2018
Does shop opposite the bank, didn't dey see wat was going on to alert the police, or was it conspiracy?
Re: CCTV Footage Of Offa Bank Robbery Surfaces Online (Unconfirmed) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 11, 2018
lestat:

Nothing will be done till these armed robbers start robbing the likes on Tinubu

then Nigeria will revamp security over night
You and I know that it's likely impossible because they have the national security to themselves. The mentally imbalance armed robbers are merely hard to the armless individuals but afraid to storm the Senate or even CBN.
Re: CCTV Footage Of Offa Bank Robbery Surfaces Online (Unconfirmed) by Fortuneoo: 3:37pm On Apr 11, 2018
If this video is related to that crime scene, then the police should please bean their intelligence on every bank worker with knowledge of money loaded on the ATM especially the technicians and security men at the gate.It would not be mere coincidence that explosives were been thrown at that ATM repeatedly on a planned robbery.
Re: CCTV Footage Of Offa Bank Robbery Surfaces Online (Unconfirmed) by bionixs: 4:01pm On Apr 11, 2018
Wisdomval67:
This country is really useless,how can this unorganised arm robber cause so much havoc. No police,opc,Sarz to stop them. Na only yahoo boys and armless youth our police dey disturb.
yahoo boiz and the innocent are soft spots and targets

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCTV Footage Of Offa Bank Robbery Surfaces Online (Unconfirmed) by Trittee: 4:08pm On Apr 11, 2018
Dynamites not grenades.

When they had no clear knowledge if they are surrounded or not? Wondering where those guys got grenades from... [/quote]
Re: CCTV Footage Of Offa Bank Robbery Surfaces Online (Unconfirmed) by Pat081: 4:34pm On Apr 11, 2018
U at d police station: oga I hv information about dos robbery
Police officer: u dnt mean it
U again: oga Na true ooooo
Police officer again: take paper n write wot u know
U again:0 k sir after 3omins u gv d paper to d officer
Police officer:sir D.P.O will like to c u
D.P.O:Sir thank u 4 cumin here
U again: u re wcum sir
D.p.o:CP want to met u too
U again: ok
C.P : now sir u will nt b able to go home today
U again: Hahaha but sir
C.P :$ir nt wot u re thinking
U : Ok sir
C.P : officer pls put dis man in cell he is one of dos people we re looking 4 , we re taking him to court tomorrow
C.P :but if u cn get a good lawyer ur case is very simple
Ur family:gt a lawyer
Lawyer: dis is one one d simple case dat I ve don in court just look 4money
Court will now send u to jail to spend d rest of ur life in jail
Lawyer:we re going to appeal Court too but u re going to spend money too oooo 4rm dia ur family members will gv up hope only u to ur problem
Re: CCTV Footage Of Offa Bank Robbery Surfaces Online (Unconfirmed) by Pat081: 4:35pm On Apr 11, 2018
U at d police station: oga I hv information about dos robbery
Police officer: u dnt mean it
U again: oga Na true ooooo
Police officer again: take paper n write wot u know
U again:0 k sir after 3omins u gv d paper to d officer
Police officer:sir D.P.O will like to c u
D.P.O:Sir thank u 4 cumin here
U again: u re wcum sir
D.p.o:CP want to met u too
U again: ok
C.P : now sir u nt b able to go home today
U again: Hahaha but sir
C.P :$ir nt wot u re thinking
U : Ok sir
C.P : officer pls put dis man in cell he is one of dos people we re looking 4 , we re taking him to court tomorrow
Court will now send u to jail to spend d rest of ur life in jail ... .
Re: CCTV Footage Of Offa Bank Robbery Surfaces Online (Unconfirmed) by Barzinime(m): 4:36pm On Apr 11, 2018
Dont mind them jare,the video suppose clear like say you they watch HDTv undecided undecided
NnamdiN:
The bank couldn't get a decent CCTV?.

1 Like

Re: CCTV Footage Of Offa Bank Robbery Surfaces Online (Unconfirmed) by Kylekent59: 4:38pm On Apr 11, 2018
It should be dynamite they used. Although I didn't watch the video. Atleast one of the forces should have come to challenge those armed robbers.

Nigeria is not effloresence at all. But why would an armed robber shoot customers at the bank. They knew quite well that those customers are harmless.

It shall never be well with those robbers.
The security guards were oblivious, thus making them unprepared and they were caught unaware.

This is abominable, abysmal. Look at the way they annihilated, extirpated, exterminated the security post.
Robbery incidence are highly in rife.
This kind of news exasperrates me.
It's high time robbers expiate and amend their ways.
All these robbery incidence going on around the country evinces that the police force are not well orientated
May the souls of all the casualties RIP.
Re: CCTV Footage Of Offa Bank Robbery Surfaces Online (Unconfirmed) by walesho(m): 5:09pm On Apr 11, 2018
Mobsync:

The date is correct. 04-05-2018. The month came first, followed by the day and year.

k bro

1 Like

Re: CCTV Footage Of Offa Bank Robbery Surfaces Online (Unconfirmed) by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 11, 2018
Re: CCTV Footage Of Offa Bank Robbery Surfaces Online (Unconfirmed) by bigsmoke2(m): 5:56pm On Apr 11, 2018
I watched the video several times and i realised the police men made exactly the same mistake the ones in the oweri robbery made. They drew fire to themselves and then stopped shooting . What did they think will happen after firing a few round from their security post. The robbers will never rest knowing they are there cuz they won't want any surprise. I think banks should be having someone policemen on their roof top 2 or 3 with assault rifle would do . If that was the case in this video they would have provided cover fire for those in the security post. And they will have better vantage in a gun battle.

1 Like

Re: CCTV Footage Of Offa Bank Robbery Surfaces Online (Unconfirmed) by Luminee(f): 6:52pm On Apr 11, 2018
dapsin999:
O boy see action film. Lord direct my steps

Amen o
Re: CCTV Footage Of Offa Bank Robbery Surfaces Online (Unconfirmed) by Donbrown28: 7:03pm On Apr 11, 2018
The videos online is real and authentic,I finish my HND at federal polytechnic offa,and I know almost all the banks...
This not the first time such incident,the last was 2013 which lot of soul where wasted include the policemen and women ....
Things should be done to fill the loops hole..
The CCTV is a turning point as most of the criminal element are not using masks.

1 Like

Re: CCTV Footage Of Offa Bank Robbery Surfaces Online (Unconfirmed) by Born2Breed(f): 7:20pm On Apr 11, 2018
EmagNig:
An alleged Closed Circuit Television footage of the Offa Bank Robbery in Offa, Kwara State, has surfaced on the internet.

On Thursday last week, gunmen numbering about 30 had stormed the town and engaged in a robbery operation that was reported to have lasted for about 2 hours without any confrontation from security agents across the state.

No fewer than 17 persons, including nine policemen, were killed in the robbery operation carried out

In the footage, a woman and her child were seen leaving what looked like the ATM house of a bank when gun bearing men started shooting sporadically from the major road.

Two men standing by the small house took off immediately they heard the gunshots, while the camera angle did not show what became of the woman and the child she was holding.

After that, three armed men were seen going around seemingly coordinating what next to do.

Smoke, which appeared to come from explosives were also seen after a banging noise.

Another explosive was later thrown into what seem like the small building housing the ATM.

Then the men went inside and came out.

The CCTV footage could however not be independently confirmed as being that of the Offa robbery incident as at press time.

Watch the Video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX_djZOK9R0

The Kwara State, Abdulfatah Ahmed has however offered N5 million for information that will lead to the arrest of the perpetrators of the Offa bank robbery attack in Offa town. On Thursday, police officers and residents were killed when armed robbers attacked five banks and a police station.

In a statement released by the media aide to the governor Muyideen Akorede, Gov. Ahmed has reportedly promised anyone who has useful information to contact the state police command on the following numbers – 0803 739 1280‬ and 0803 236 5122.

The Police also reported that some suspects linked to the robbery attack are already in their custody.

https://lailasnews.com/alleged-cctv-footage-of-offa-bank-robbery-surfaces-online/

These guys are terrorist, this is not just robbery,compared to the Zenith banks own in IMO state. This guys were battle ready not just to steal but to kill any moving thing.

1 Like

Re: CCTV Footage Of Offa Bank Robbery Surfaces Online (Unconfirmed) by zinizta: 7:31pm On Apr 11, 2018
givan:
High level of incompetence from the police! They had a back door in their security Post but they choose to barricade themselves inside.

They should have exited from the back of their security post, and held the main entrance from behind the car while the wait for reinforcement.

security posts are nothing but security risks....the security personnels are reduced to mere sitting ducks.

those guys know where to demobilise to gain a free rein to carry out their operations.
Re: CCTV Footage Of Offa Bank Robbery Surfaces Online (Unconfirmed) by zinizta: 7:32pm On Apr 11, 2018
where did the robbers get grenades from ?
Re: CCTV Footage Of Offa Bank Robbery Surfaces Online (Unconfirmed) by mechanics(m): 7:47pm On Apr 11, 2018
Those people are really experienced.
Re: CCTV Footage Of Offa Bank Robbery Surfaces Online (Unconfirmed) by dfrost: 9:44pm On Apr 11, 2018
What is our cops response time? 4 mins and no backup? angry
Re: CCTV Footage Of Offa Bank Robbery Surfaces Online (Unconfirmed) by Afritop(m): 9:50pm On Apr 11, 2018
I expect police stations in Nigeria should have cctv. But they just won't install it because they are not clean
Re: CCTV Footage Of Offa Bank Robbery Surfaces Online (Unconfirmed) by boborneyor(m): 10:16pm On Apr 11, 2018
This video is real.....That is GT Bank offa
Re: CCTV Footage Of Offa Bank Robbery Surfaces Online (Unconfirmed) by DSDLIVEREPORT: 12:07am On Apr 12, 2018
priceaction:

Bro, it is easier said than done. That is an illusions from movies. In realities, it can't happen because the way our body reacts to fears and panics. They are the firstvtarget and more pressure will be on them to clear them all. When you hear tatatata pra pra tu tu tu pupu pu pu gboa , backed up with granades, you won't even remember where your gun is. Is it a police man with just less than 30 live ammunitions you want to advice to confront dare devil robbers that are on drugs?
You can see how well coordinated the guys are, first retreating and move and back ups again?
Someone has said earlier than the only way is for bank to get snipers in a small armored building at the top of their buildings for in case like this. He will be resisting them and take them out one after the other. The rest will flee. May God not let us be in the wrong place at the wrongly calculated right time.
I concur . And let the sniper's observation post be ballistics protected - at least level.4
Re: CCTV Footage Of Offa Bank Robbery Surfaces Online (Unconfirmed) by STOjo: 10:13am On Apr 12, 2018
Does anyone know if there is any APC (Armoured Personnel Carrier) in Kwara State. It is sad that our police are not equipped at all (not to say well equipped). Do we expect them to use bare hand or their toy guns to combat armed robbers. I also think there is a Airforce Base in Offa. How come the robbers spent over an hour without any counter attacks. I am crying for Nigeria, 9 policemen killed in one operation. It is well o.
Re: CCTV Footage Of Offa Bank Robbery Surfaces Online (Unconfirmed) by cherishsweet(f): 10:51am On Apr 12, 2018
Oh Lord. "!!!

And the politicians who deserves this death are walking, immune to anything.....

Why kill the poor.. Why bloodshed... Why not just take the money and leave?

Guide our steps oh Lord

RIP TO THE DEAD!!
Re: CCTV Footage Of Offa Bank Robbery Surfaces Online (Unconfirmed) by fotadmowmend(m): 9:49pm On Apr 12, 2018
I guess those robbers learnt a lot from the CCTV footage of that Zenith bank incident. The attacked D security post with full force..... Our police need to watch more of these clips to gain more experience . How ever clips like these shouldn't be made public
Re: CCTV Footage Of Offa Bank Robbery Surfaces Online (Unconfirmed) by sketcherJ(m): 1:35am On Apr 13, 2018
I hope the alhaja and her small daughter didn't die... anyone got info of this? cryI hope the alhaja and her small daughter didn't die... anyone got info of this?
Re: CCTV Footage Of Offa Bank Robbery Surfaces Online (Unconfirmed) by Rayd502(m): 4:15pm On Apr 13, 2018
blazer2018:
Like seriously...Did that man just vanish? Maybe i am seeing things...A man was walking majestically in the middle of the road a sec before the shooting began, but disappeared into thin air....Is it my eyes?

Watch 00:03-00:07 of the clip

I saw it too bro...Just be b4 the red coloured bus sped pass .He vanished mysteriously.

1 Like

Re: CCTV Footage Of Offa Bank Robbery Surfaces Online (Unconfirmed) by phase1: 9:09pm On Apr 13, 2018
givan:
High level of incompetence from the police! They had a back door in their security Post but they choose to barricade themselves inside.

They should have exited from the back of their security post, and held the main entrance from behind the car while the wait for reinforcement.

This your lecture sounds like rocket science to the police. They are only good at intimidating innocent motorists to part with their money.

Re: CCTV Footage Of Offa Bank Robbery Surfaces Online (Unconfirmed) by Philistine(m): 9:10am On Apr 24, 2018
EmagNig:
An alleged Closed Circuit Television footage of the Offa Bank Robbery in Offa, Kwara State, has surfaced on the internet.

On Thursday last week, gunmen numbering about 30 had stormed the town and engaged in a robbery operation that was reported to have lasted for about 2 hours without any confrontation from security agents across the state.

No fewer than 17 persons, including nine policemen, were killed in the robbery operation carried out

In the footage, a woman and her child were seen leaving what looked like the ATM house of a bank when gun bearing men started shooting sporadically from the major road.

Two men standing by the small house took off immediately they heard the gunshots, while the camera angle did not show what became of the woman and the child she was holding.

After that, three armed men were seen going around seemingly coordinating what next to do.

Smoke, which appeared to come from explosives were also seen after a banging noise.

Another explosive was later thrown into what seem like the small building housing the ATM.

Then the men went inside and came out.

The CCTV footage could however not be independently confirmed as being that of the Offa robbery incident as at press time.

Watch the Video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX_djZOK9R0

The Kwara State, Abdulfatah Ahmed has however offered N5 million for information that will lead to the arrest of the perpetrators of the Offa bank robbery attack in Offa town. On Thursday, police officers and residents were killed when armed robbers attacked five banks and a police station.

In a statement released by the media aide to the governor Muyideen Akorede, Gov. Ahmed has reportedly promised anyone who has useful information to contact the state police command on the following numbers – 0803 739 1280‬ and 0803 236 5122.

The Police also reported that some suspects linked to the robbery attack are already in their custody.

https://lailasnews.com/alleged-cctv-footage-of-offa-bank-robbery-surfaces-online/

B
Re: CCTV Footage Of Offa Bank Robbery Surfaces Online (Unconfirmed) by 1miccza: 9:25am On Apr 24, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
those guys had no mask on.to me they should be easy to identify, that's if we have d technology

First that footage looked like an attack on an ATM not a bank, this is where you would understand that we don't really investigate crimes, we just look for fall guys and take the easiest way out..
Re: CCTV Footage Of Offa Bank Robbery Surfaces Online (Unconfirmed) by Obainoneandonly(m): 12:15pm On Apr 24, 2018
1miccza:

First that footage looked like an attack on an ATM not a bank, this is where you would understand that we don't really investigate crimes, we just look for fall guys and take the easiest way out..
exactly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Agege Lagos Unrest: Dozens Of Robbers Caught (Video) / Prostitute Bites Off Man’s Ear During Fight Over Sex (Pictured) / South African Lady Caught Stealing, Disgraced, Made To Strip To Her Panties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.