Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,707 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup (2181 Views)

Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? / Adriano Finally Ends Goal Drought. / Liverpool's Gerrard And Milan Adriano Set For Real Madrid! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by chic2pimp(m): 2:28pm On May 16, 2010
A-40:

@Chic2pimp
Comot Argentina & England from your list abeg both teams are perennial chokers and this time would be no different

Kaka has done nada this season i just hope Dunga doesn't regret dropping Ronaldinho who has clearly been better

Domenech! SMH the dude picked a Makalele that has absolutely retired from footie! How on earth did that guy become a coach?

Maradona dropped Cambiasso for an overrated Mascherano who he made captain! This is what happens when a crackhead is made coach
Dude, Don't write off an Argentine with Samuel and Demechelis in defence with Mascherano just ahead of them. It will hard for any team to break em' down. Plus any team that has a forward trio of Messi,Di Maria and Hiuguain is a favourite in my book.

On England, I think they'll be be a match for any team on their day.

P:S Mascherano and Kaka have both play well for their national team unlike Cambiasso and Dinho. My only issue is that Dinho shoulda been selected as back up for Kaka.
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by DrKitaun(m): 3:13pm On May 16, 2010
Anybody comparing Kaka and Dinho playing for Brazil is a clown, Kaka has been the ultimate force and arrowhead of the selecaos since he made d team, his off form has nothing to do with Dinho being dropped, truth is: ITS THE WC, NOT A FASHOW SHOW TO DISPLAY HIS 'R' TAG . . .

Peeps should forget ENGLAND, SPAIN, BRAZIL and even FRANCE (I am a Les Bleus fan but France under that dummy cant win fuckall).

U guys should watch out instead for Germany, Italy, CIV and NAIJA . . .yes NAIJA, dont ask me why!
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by jalether(m): 4:10pm On May 16, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Anybody comparing Kaka and Dinho playing for Brazil is a clown, Kaka has been the ultimate force and arrowhead of the selecaos since he made d team, his off form has nothing to do with Dinho being dropped, truth is: ITS THE WC, NOT A FASHOW SHOW TO DISPLAY HIS 'R' TAG . . .

Peeps should forget ENGLAND, SPAIN, BRAZIL and even FRANCE (I am a Les Bleus fan but France under that dummy cant win fuckall).

U guys should watch out instead for Germany, Italy, CIV and NAIJA . . .yes NAIJA, dont ask me why!

No be only naija, even Korea, Algeria, Burundi, Cameroon and Chile are all firm favorites cheesy
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by DrKitaun(m): 4:28pm On May 16, 2010
In 1996, as a Yabatech student innocuously watching footie at its best in the Hollywood rest room,
I remember Togo defeating our Atlanta bound team at NS Surulere,
I said we would win Olympic Gold with that team and people almost mobbed me for yapping bunkumery !

God never dies !
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by jalether(m): 4:52pm On May 16, 2010
@ Dr kit. that was then and you fail to consider certain factors that played a role in DT winning the Olympics

1) quality and depth of squad. . .  . this current squad pales in comparison to the atlanta 96 sqaud

2) the team mentality and spirit, the passion,discipline and hunger was present in the Atlanta 96 winning team, the same cannot

be said of this current buncha overpaid/egotistical chickens. every player from kanu,oliseh,okocha,uche,ikpeba et al were proud to put on that gwg jersey

3) The coach/manager factor.  Lars qaulity as a coach is not proven, yes, he took sweden to WC 2nd rd, and that's about is biggest achievement to date. not

sure I can bet my mortgage on him delivering the WC unless he has what it takes to totally transform the team's spirit and mentality and get the best out of

his players
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by dayokanu(m): 5:49pm On May 16, 2010
On England, I think they'll be be a match for any team on their day.

ANY TEAM in this context must mean Macedonia, Togo and Gabon

P:S Mascherano and Kaka have both play well for their national team unlike Cambiasso and Dinho. My only issue is that Dinho shoulda been selected as back up for Kaka

Its more honourable to drop Ronadinho completely than for him to be a bench player. Thats insult at the highest level.

Ask why AIme Jacguet didnt put Cantona as a bench player to come in when Zidane or whoever is injured

@ DK, even Mr Bean should know ronnaldinho has been the better player this season. going by your argument regarding

both players not fitting into the system. given the fact that both lack tactical discipline and he can only choose one, shouldn't that 1st choice be ronnaldinho?

give me 1 argument why kaka should be ahead of ronnaldinho, on the basis of what exactly. Now let's accept Dunga is a fool by preferring kaka ahead of Ronnie,

what happens if kaka gets injured, suspended or ineffective and the team is in need of a creative spark/infusion, wouldn't ronnie be a perfect replacement from

the bench . . . . . . why exclude him from the squad?I still maintain my stance Dunga's decision is disgraceful and unjustifiable. EOD

Refer to

Also, league form does not translate into tournament performances.

Marco Van Basten was Highest goal scorer in the 1989/1990 serie A season but didnt score a goal at Italia 90,

In 1998, Stephane Guivar'ch was highest goal scorer in Ligue one and in the mundial played 5 games without scoring a single goal.

In 2002 Thierry Henry and Trezeguet topped the scorers chart in their various leagues but both couldnt score a single goal at the world cup while Ronaldo Lima who barely played that season ended top scorers
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by Ibime(m): 6:03pm On May 16, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Why?
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by chic2pimp(m): 6:06pm On May 16, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Exactly!!!.
The Azzuri's chances depends on the team Lippi picks. Grosso for example should not start at left back. He has been awful this season. Plus Pirlo should be played as a trequartista not in midfield.

dayokanu:

ANY TEAM in this context must mean Macedonia, Togo and Gabon
Its more honourable to drop Ronadinho completely than for him to be a bench player. Thats insult at the highest level.
Don't be daft undecided. How can you mention England in the same bracket as Togo and co?
On the dinho situation, seeing that kaka gels more Robinho than with Dinho, he'll just have to make do with being a bench player.
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by medjai(m): 9:00pm On May 16, 2010
I see no reason why Dunga should alter a team that has won him trophies in every tourney he has participated in. He even topped the CONCACAF qualifying region with this same team. Kaka already has a replacement in the team in Elano. This team has constantly delivered. They are still the favourites for the mundial.
The quartet of Higuain, Tevez, Messi and Milito have amassed about 110 goals this season. I just pity the Super eagles.
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by medjai(m): 6:15pm On May 19, 2010
Fabio Grosso has joined the list. I wonder what kind of world cup we are gonna have with the absence of these big names.
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by chic2pimp(m): 6:30pm On May 19, 2010
I am two minds about the exclusion of Grosso. On one hand i think lippi made the right decision cuz he had an awful season however on the other hand Grosso always seem to turn it on when he plays for the azzuris even when he is having a mediocre club season.
Tbh, I woulda chosen him as back up to Criscito but hey what do I know. Lippi is the worldcup winner not me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brazillian Wizkid Neymar Passes His Barca Medical Set To Unviel Tonight (photos) / Barcelona Vs Sporting Gijon (3 - 1) On March 3rd 2012 / A New Era At Real Madrid!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.