Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,859 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

DATA SCANDAL: Some Hilarious Questions US Senators Asked Mark Zuckerberg - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / DATA SCANDAL: Some Hilarious Questions US Senators Asked Mark Zuckerberg (4662 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Shares Photos Of The Cars His Wife And Himself Use / Mark Zuckerberg Announces New WhatsApp Reactions / Mark Zuckerberg’s Properties, Cars, $400 Grey Shirts (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

DATA SCANDAL: Some Hilarious Questions US Senators Asked Mark Zuckerberg by MRPOSSIBLE11(m): 4:34pm On Apr 11, 2018
Listening to US Senators drilling Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg on Capitol Hill is hilarious because the majority of them have no idea how Facebook or the internet works. The US Senators should be described as analog senators in this 21St century.

Mark Zuckerberg admitted that Facebook tracks what you do on your browser even when you are not logged into Facebook. Mark, also confirmed during congress that data of users are saved for other things. The facebook owner also shocked many people of not knowing what is happening in his domain. He made mentions of the following during a congress called by US Senators on Privacy violations and Data Leakage from Facebook.

However, Mark played smart as some of the senators are totally ignorant of technology is all about. They came on with funny and hilarious questions. Though the owner of Facebook felt guilty but was reluctant and wise not to say a yes to some questions.

The question that tamed Mark at the Congress was the one on the privacy. He was asked can he share the hotel he stayed last night, he said no. So, the owner of Facebook couldn’t share his privacy but has shared and sold the privacy of users on his platform. Many Americans believed Mark Zuckerberg has influenced many elections and could also do that in the future.

Let’s go through some of the hilarious questions and great ones that were answered by Mark Zuckerberg.

Senator: "Let's say I'm emailing someone in WhatsApp..."

Senator Shelley Moore Capito: “answer me this Mr. Zuckerberg, why do my grandchildren get mad at me when I comment on all of their pictures?!”

Senator; “Mr. Zuckerberg, why have you not verified my Hulk Hogan fan page?”

Senator; "Mr. Zuckerberg, do you know anything about privacy settings for Twitter?"

Question; “Will you give FB users an option to delete their data history? If not, why not?
How many? For which purposes? With whom?”

Senator Ben Sasse: "Can you define hate speech"? Zuckerberg basically unable to provide a definitive answer.

Senator: “Mr. Zuckerberg, can you explain how I’ve been on Facebook for ten years and yet still do not have one friend request accepted?”

Senator Durbin: "Would you be comfortable sharing the name of the hotel you stayed in last night? Would you tell us any messages you sent in the last week?"

Mark Zuckerberg (clearly uncomfortable): No, I would not be comfortable sharing that
Durbin: That's the point

Senator Johnson R-WI: “Do you know how many people read your terms of service?”
Zuckerberg: No I do not.

Senator: "Is Facebook about "feeling" safe or is Facebook actually safe?"
Mark Zuckerberg: "Yes."

Senator Blumenthal to Zuckerberg: "We have seen the apology tours before. I don't see how you can change your business model unless there are rules. You maximize profit over privacy. Your promises are vague"

Zuckerberg: "Our data controls are not used to make people feel safe - they're what people want in the product. These controls aren't just to build trust, it's to make it so people can do what they want with the service.

Continue Reading Below

Source: https://elitethrive.com/data-scandal-mark-zuckerberg/

Cc;
Fynestboi

2 Likes

Re: DATA SCANDAL: Some Hilarious Questions US Senators Asked Mark Zuckerberg by fistonati(m): 5:02pm On Apr 11, 2018
This is the environment where every taxpayers money is used judiciously. Not the man-hole Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: DATA SCANDAL: Some Hilarious Questions US Senators Asked Mark Zuckerberg by XVIER(m): 5:14pm On Apr 11, 2018
I watched it yesterday on BBC and I was so surprise in the questions they asked him, one asked him "How do you sustain a business model in which users don’t pay for your service?" Zuckerberg replied we run ads, later he was now asked again "Why am I suddenly seeing chocolate ads all over Facebook?" I was like wtf. Didn't he just told you guys he get's his pay from ads placement? Old senators wants to know what's behind Facebook. He's a web designer and app developer and you guys are "judiciariest"

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: DATA SCANDAL: Some Hilarious Questions US Senators Asked Mark Zuckerberg by ollah2: 5:59pm On Apr 11, 2018
Zukerburg got lucky because nothing will happen, they will not punish him. The hearing was weak, these old people do not know how Facebook works, the questions were weak.

Also, some of these senators got donations from FB in the past!

2 Likes

Re: DATA SCANDAL: Some Hilarious Questions US Senators Asked Mark Zuckerberg by IdeyFindWife: 6:45pm On Apr 11, 2018
Some regulation is definitely billed to come FB's way and Mark himself was careful enough to switch PR templates to a more serious, more conservative demeanor.

And I fear they're still gonna unwittingly let him get away with enough to keep doing damage this time too.

2 Likes

Re: DATA SCANDAL: Some Hilarious Questions US Senators Asked Mark Zuckerberg by Oluwasaeon(m): 7:02pm On Apr 11, 2018
ollah2:
Zukerburg got lucky because nothing will happen, they will not punish him. The hearing was weak, these old people do not know how Facebook works, the questions were weak.

Rightly said bro. The hearing was a mess

2 Likes

Re: DATA SCANDAL: Some Hilarious Questions US Senators Asked Mark Zuckerberg by lilkech(m): 7:41pm On Apr 11, 2018
I’m deactivating and deleting my ‘real’ Facebook from today.

Imagine I went on aliexpress yesterday to see and compare the prices of egg incubator machines and then i got into my Facebook to check my notifications and saw adverts of the same machines from amazon and eBay ON MY FACEBOOK angry

this is wrong ... and I visited aliexpress with my phone oh ... so imagine what type of espionage Facebook conducts on pc users undecided

15 Likes

Re: DATA SCANDAL: Some Hilarious Questions US Senators Asked Mark Zuckerberg by ossy7881: 7:42pm On Apr 11, 2018
you guys are hypocrite, if na naija senator una for don shout illiterate, becos it's US nobody is saying anything

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: DATA SCANDAL: Some Hilarious Questions US Senators Asked Mark Zuckerberg by laribari(m): 7:45pm On Apr 11, 2018
XVIER:
I watched it yesterday on BBC and I was so surprise in the questions they asked him, one asked him "How do you sustain a business model in which users don’t pay for your service?" Zuckerberg replied we run ads, later he was now asked again "Why am I suddenly seeing chocolate ads all over Facebook?" I was like wtf. Didn't he just told you guys he get's his pay from ads placement? Old senators wants to know what's behind Facebook. He's a web designer and app developer and you guys are "judiciariest"

So you actually think those men are foolish and dumb? Those are law makers of America ooo. They know why they are asking such.

4 Likes

Re: DATA SCANDAL: Some Hilarious Questions US Senators Asked Mark Zuckerberg by UjunwaBekeeLoved(f): 7:48pm On Apr 11, 2018
I don't even know what to say.
Re: DATA SCANDAL: Some Hilarious Questions US Senators Asked Mark Zuckerberg by laribari(m): 7:52pm On Apr 11, 2018
lilkech:

Imagine I went on aliexpress yesterday to see and compare the prices of egg incubator machines and then i got into my Facebook to check my notiyand saw adverts of the same machines from amazon and eBay ON MY FACEBOOK angry

this is wrong ... and I visited aliexpress with my phone oh ... so imagine what type of espionage Facebook conducts on pc users undecided

No kidding, I don't have facebook or instagram. I deactivated my facebook for over 8yrs now because I know they track you and me I'm in celebrity in the making grin grin, I have couple of project I'm working on for a long while and will soon hit the media. So I nor wan hear say I said something or did something on facebook, they will ruin your career. The Internet never forgets. They are spying on people. Andriod apps sef na spies.

The intonation facebook ask for is just too annoying and too much. Your friends, family, your history/past, school etc. You think they want to connect you with old friend but you are already in their hands. For years now, I'm not on facebook and I'm fine.

Maybe in the future I can open for my company when it kicks off but for personal, never.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DATA SCANDAL: Some Hilarious Questions US Senators Asked Mark Zuckerberg by iamagod1(m): 8:09pm On Apr 11, 2018
laribari:

So you actually think those men are foolish and dumb? Those are law makers of America ooo. They know why they are asking such.

shaarap! that they are your so called lawmakers of America dosent make the questions less dumb if na lai mohammed unaa go de shout.

unless you are more dumb to realize that.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: DATA SCANDAL: Some Hilarious Questions US Senators Asked Mark Zuckerberg by Roland17(m): 8:21pm On Apr 11, 2018
ollah2:

So you think.

Those old men are have seen it all, including tech issues and they are looking to regulate social media and Facebook is just the biggest fish that represents the social media front. Zukerburg looked very uncomfortable with a lot of the direct questions especially the ones that demanded a yes/ no answer.

While some of those questions seemed irrelevant, they were designed to lead to a larger conversation about the abuse of privacy. This hearing will serve as a warning for Facebook to redesign its strategy and method of collecting data as the house, especially the conservatives would build a case against social media breaking the 4th amendment of the constitution. So while it may have looked irrelevant, it is building foundation for the regulation of social media in the United States.

Even Zukerburg knows this and the bulk of his response was an argument against the regulation of social media in the United States. This is bigger than you think.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DATA SCANDAL: Some Hilarious Questions US Senators Asked Mark Zuckerberg by wayne4loan: 9:54pm On Apr 11, 2018
angry
Re: DATA SCANDAL: Some Hilarious Questions US Senators Asked Mark Zuckerberg by luwabrooklyn(m): 10:21pm On Apr 11, 2018
iamagod1:

shaarap! that they are your so called lawmakers of America dosent make the questions less dumb if na lai mohammed unaa go de shout.

forget u no sabi at all what did Senate wants to hear is something they can use to nail him now tell me how can they make him say such by getting him angry (asking stupid questions)so he can talk in provocation Mark kept his cool despite the Senate gibberish
Re: DATA SCANDAL: Some Hilarious Questions US Senators Asked Mark Zuckerberg by harsysky(m): 10:38pm On Apr 11, 2018
lilkech:

Imagine I went on aliexpress yesterday to see and compare the prices of egg incubator machines and then i got into my Facebook to check my notiyand saw adverts of the same machines from amazon and eBay ON MY FACEBOOK angry

guy, u are absolutely right. mine was on watches. as i went back to my facebook page, watches from different sellers littered everywhere. i didn't knw at first but i cud remember i told my brother that the moment i wanted to get a watch, i saw it everywia on my page. e no funny again o
Re: DATA SCANDAL: Some Hilarious Questions US Senators Asked Mark Zuckerberg by laribari(m): 11:20pm On Apr 11, 2018
iamagod1:

You are daft and dumb to understand that sometimes you ask what seems to be silly questions to get to a certain point or drive home a certain message. Those sort of questions are being asked on behalf of million of young users. It's America we are talking about oo. They can't be world greatest if they truly have dumb decision makers. America will not be what they call a equal country if the people who decides don't know what they are doing. A country with massive computer and technological power will have law makers who doesn't understand the Internet or how computer system works? Even their electoral process are all computerized.

Many people said they were asking embarrassing questions but they don't get it. It depends on what you are looking for or what mssage you ar trying to ask, what they ask isn't dumb.

Mark knows they are whinning or trying to psychic him up with those funny, weird but precised questions.

What's my bizz with your uncle, Lai Mohammed. I never spoke of him before. Why should I? I'm not sure if I have typed his name before until now.

givan:

They're trying to put a little fun to the grilling process so young users of Facebook would understand the extent at which Facebook is manipulating their data.
And at the same time making their point clear to young Mark. I'm sure he must reach some kind of legislative deal on data control with the lawmakers before they let him walk away.
sad

Finally, someone with a brain.. some idiot think those men are stupid and dumb, comparing them to Lia mohammed. Who are the people on facebook? Mostly young people, especially teens world wide. Ask all the Nigerian facebook users when they opened their account. It was some years ago, some even 10 yrs ago when they were still teenagers. Which old person (40s or 50s) will open facebook now?

Do you know why I have managed to stay years without it and I'm not even bothered, tempted or enticed to re-open it? Cos I have passed that teenage stage by far. What age do you think Mark created facebook? It's mostly for the youths.
Re: DATA SCANDAL: Some Hilarious Questions US Senators Asked Mark Zuckerberg by YOUNGELDER1(m): 11:33pm On Apr 11, 2018
lilkech:

You’re absolutely right I noticed that too. When ever I try to window shop online like maybe check prices on Amazon or Ali express, I log on Facebook check notifications and i see adverts of the same products on jumia etc.
Re: DATA SCANDAL: Some Hilarious Questions US Senators Asked Mark Zuckerberg by wonlasewonimi: 11:42pm On Apr 11, 2018
YOUNGELDER1:

You’re absolutely right I noticed that too. When ever I try to window shop online like maybe check prices on Amazon or Ali express, I log on Facebook check notifications and i see adverts of the same products on jumia etc.

lilkech:

Lol you guys have never heard about web cookies.

2 Likes

Re: DATA SCANDAL: Some Hilarious Questions US Senators Asked Mark Zuckerberg by dkronicle(m): 2:48am On Apr 12, 2018
My own questionfor mark be say, why you dey block facebook acct wey never reach 2days
Re: DATA SCANDAL: Some Hilarious Questions US Senators Asked Mark Zuckerberg by Nobody: 3:36am On Apr 12, 2018
laribari:

They're trying to put a little fun to the grilling process so young users of Facebook would understand the extent at which Facebook is manipulating their data.
And at the same time making their point clear to young Mark. I'm sure he must reach some kind of legislative deal on data control with the lawmakers before they let him walk away.

Anyway, I support the #deletefacebook movement. I haven't been able to get a girlfriend on Facebook since I started using it. What's the point? #deletefacebook sad

1 Like

Re: DATA SCANDAL: Some Hilarious Questions US Senators Asked Mark Zuckerberg by Ebukamath(m): 4:42am On Apr 12, 2018
i need money
Re: DATA SCANDAL: Some Hilarious Questions US Senators Asked Mark Zuckerberg by 9aiboard: 5:51am On Apr 12, 2018
God should help zuk pass this ..I feel for him
Re: DATA SCANDAL: Some Hilarious Questions US Senators Asked Mark Zuckerberg by phemmyfour: 6:01am On Apr 12, 2018
"I ve been on Facebook for 10yrs, no single friend request". Shoro niyen
Re: DATA SCANDAL: Some Hilarious Questions US Senators Asked Mark Zuckerberg by laribari(m): 6:52am On Apr 12, 2018
givan:

sad

Finally, someone with a brain.
Re: DATA SCANDAL: Some Hilarious Questions US Senators Asked Mark Zuckerberg by lawrence35(m): 7:10am On Apr 12, 2018
However you look at it, Facebook uses cookies and some other form of scripts for retargeting ads, so... They get alot of info without the notice of the users....

That's why you will see something you searched for on jumia showing up as ads on FB timeline.

1 Like

Re: DATA SCANDAL: Some Hilarious Questions US Senators Asked Mark Zuckerberg by iamagod1(m): 7:45am On Apr 12, 2018
luwabrooklyn:
forget u no sabi at all what did Senate wants to hear is something they can use to nail him now tell me how can they make him say such by getting him angry (asking stupid questions)so he can talk in provocation Mark kept his cool despite the Senate gibberish

LISTEN TO YOURSELF
Re: DATA SCANDAL: Some Hilarious Questions US Senators Asked Mark Zuckerberg by HausaOverlord: 9:05am On Apr 12, 2018
iamagod1:

LISTEN TO YOURSELF
bros I use God take beg u just give up on him, for sake of sanity
Re: DATA SCANDAL: Some Hilarious Questions US Senators Asked Mark Zuckerberg by Ebuka007: 11:35am On Apr 12, 2018
hmmm
Re: DATA SCANDAL: Some Hilarious Questions US Senators Asked Mark Zuckerberg by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 12, 2018
dkronicle:
My own questionfor mark be say, why you dey block facebook acct wey never reach 2days

Lol. Prolly because the account was opened and being used with a Nigerian IP address while the owner of the account claims to be in the US. grin

1 Like

Re: DATA SCANDAL: Some Hilarious Questions US Senators Asked Mark Zuckerberg by blowedfish: 12:47pm On Apr 12, 2018
Those campaign donations serve their purpose. I hope you guys enjoy the play.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Get Mtn 1gb For N100 Daily, 7gb For N1,000 Weekly | Mtn Night Plan Bug / .adfs / Original Apple Airpods Vs FAKE Airpods - How To Spot The Differences.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.