Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

I Could Be Suffering Because Of Ignorance, Need Advice To Make A Decision - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Could Be Suffering Because Of Ignorance, Need Advice To Make A Decision (714 Views)

Can Someone Explain Why We Are Suffering Because Of Adam And Eve's Misconduct / Emancipate Yourself From The Slavery Of Ignorance! / Pastor's Advice To A Wife Whose Husband Defiled 3 Of Their Kids Shocks Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Could Be Suffering Because Of Ignorance, Need Advice To Make A Decision by deedy111: 5:14pm On Apr 11, 2018
I grew under my moms care who is an ardent Christian, Dad is more of a traditionist but encourage people going to church but he is no more goes unless specially invited.
In short, moms relation is very biblical and dad relation not so churchy.
Am a graduate, going to 30, a hardworking hustler since i could remember, but NOTHING I COULD BOAST OF ACHIEVING all this years.
I sit down so many days to think and weep over my life, and each time this phrase/question keeps ringing in my head 'COULD THERE SOMETHING AM YET TO KNOW?'

Most successful people I have come across and read on are in one way or the other into some sort of spiritual awareness like charms, occult, very few Christians(disguised), etc
In my case, am really skeptical with feels I could have been successful if i was exposed to some spiritual group(not blood demanding).
Please could someone more enlighten advice me, cos am not progressing at all and my hustling efforts not seem enough.
I know atleast ONE person will understand me
Re: I Could Be Suffering Because Of Ignorance, Need Advice To Make A Decision by OtemAtum: 5:24pm On Apr 11, 2018
Do you have CV? Look for job.
In this nation where we find ourselves, the population is too much, but the resources do not circulate. One just have to keep hustling.
It is not true that people actually joined secret cults and make legit money. Many of them are given bad and illegal underground assignments which I wouldn't encourage you to do. Some of them engage in selling of human parts after killing them, smuggling hard drugs, etc. All these are against the law, so I can't advise you to go into them.

A singer said 'Alaye double your hustle, No time for Yoruba Yoruba.' and to me, he made a lot of sense. Keep hustling till you get there. Don't stop.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Could Be Suffering Because Of Ignorance, Need Advice To Make A Decision by deedy111: 5:34pm On Apr 11, 2018
OtemAtum:
Do you have CV? Look for job.
In this nation where we find ourselves, the population is too much, but the resources do not circulate. One just have to keep hustling.
It is not true that people actually joined secret cults and make legit money. Many of them are given bad and illegal underground assignments which I wouldn't encourage you to do. Some of them engage in selling of human parts after killing them, smuggling hard drugs, etc. All these are against the law, so I can't advise you to go into them.

A singer said 'Alaye double your hustle, No time for Yoruba Yoruba.' and to me, he made a lot of sense. Keep hustling till you get there. Don't stop.
I have CV(online and hard copy) which I have submitted to where I could guess there's job openings, I have have had few collapse businesses, the hustling have been doubling each year past.
Nevertheless thanks for the advice, I know some people can do bad things for money but at some point I often guess maybe its protection I need from bad people
Re: I Could Be Suffering Because Of Ignorance, Need Advice To Make A Decision by budaatum: 6:55pm On Apr 11, 2018
deedy111:
i sit down so many days to think and weep over my life, and each time this phrase/question keeps ringing in my head 'COULD THERE SOMETHING AM YET TO KNOW?'

Most successful people I have come across and read on are in one way or the other into some sort of spiritual awareness like charms, occult, very few Christians(disguised), etc
There is quite a lot you don't know, it seems, and what you do know sounds warped to me.

Do you really think all the successful people are "into some sort of spiritual awareness like charms, occult" etc? Is it not more true that a common thing that ties them together is hard work?

I advice that you stop seeking for pie in the sky, and get off your lazy ass and work instead of thinking as you currently do. Try reading autobiographies of some successful people too. You'll find out how they did it.
Re: I Could Be Suffering Because Of Ignorance, Need Advice To Make A Decision by deedy111: 7:05pm On Apr 11, 2018
budaatum:

There is quite a lot you don't know, it seems, and what you do know sounds warped to me.

Do you really think all the successful people are "into some sort of spiritual awareness like charms, occult" etc? Is it not more true that a common thing that ties them together is hard work?

I advice that you stop seeking for pie in the sky, and get off your lazy ass and work instead of thinking as you currently do. Try reading autobiographies of some successful people too. You'll find out how they did it.
Thanks bro for the advice, meanwhile I know am not lazy, most days I commend myself for my effort but all these not yielding.
I might be wrong but I got this confidence that there's more to successful people that there prefer keeping to themselves.
I heard someone say some people can diabolically grow from others hardwork unless you protect yourself, could that be reason some don't loose/fall in business while others do?

1 Like

Re: I Could Be Suffering Because Of Ignorance, Need Advice To Make A Decision by budaatum: 9:48pm On Apr 11, 2018
deedy111:

Thanks bro for the advice, meanwhile I know am not lazy, most days I commend myself for my effort but all these not yielding.
I might be wrong but I got this confidence that there's more to successful people that there prefer keeping to themselves.
I heard someone say some people can diabolically grow from others hardwork unless you protect yourself, could that be reason some don't loose/fall in business while others do?
You could be working hard the wrong way. There is a reason you new job let you go after a month. I've met people with the wrong attitudes who think their ways are right even though all the evidence suggests otherwise. Read about successful people. Also look into the writings of Daniel Goleman. A lot of people have found him helpful.
Re: I Could Be Suffering Because Of Ignorance, Need Advice To Make A Decision by partnerbiz4: 10:22pm On Apr 11, 2018
budaatum:

No one tells what they actually did to make it.
f
Forget all the rubbish in biographies.

Will Adenuga tell you that he donated hundreds of millions to Obasanjo in the wake of Obasanjos library so as to get licence for glo?

Will Ricky Tarfa include how he bribed a judge in his autobiography?

Leave matter abeg.

Life is uncertain and risky too.

People talk about doubling hustle and I laugh. It's not just about "overwork"

One makes it more when one has cumulative advantage.

Go and read "Outliers" by Malcom Gladwell.

1 Like

Re: I Could Be Suffering Because Of Ignorance, Need Advice To Make A Decision by budaatum: 5:10am On Apr 12, 2018
partnerbiz4:

No one tells what they actually did to make it.
f
Forget all the rubbish in biographies.

Will Adenuga tell you that he donated hundreds of millions to Obasanjo in the wake of Obasanjos library so as to get licence for glo?

Will Ricky Tarfa include how he bribed a judge in his autobiography?

Leave matter abeg.

Life is uncertain and risky too.

People talk about doubling hustle and I laugh. It's not just about "overwork"

One makes it more when one has cumulative advantage.

Go and read "Outliers" by Malcom Gladwell.
Are those the only autobiographies you know? How about mum and dad? Or have you not seen how they got through life? Brothers, sisters, uncles, aunties, friends, colleagues, you never seen any of them make it? Hang around a bit longer and you will.

And no, its not about overwork. Op has gotten some good jobs, but there's obviously something he carries around with him that don't quite jell at the office, so I advise he take a really good honest look at himself.
Re: I Could Be Suffering Because Of Ignorance, Need Advice To Make A Decision by deedy111: 9:48am On Apr 12, 2018
budaatum:

Are those the only autobiographies you know? How about mum and dad? Or have you not seen how they got through life? Brothers, sisters, uncles, aunties, friends, colleagues, you never seen any of them make it? Hang around a bit longer and you will.

And no, its not about overwork. Op has gotten some good jobs, but there's obviously something he carries around with him that don't quite jell at the office, so I advise he take a really good honest look at himself.
You quote me wrong sir, didn't say I carry anything around with me, just here to get views on ' if spiritism contributes mostly to peoples success'

1 Like

Re: I Could Be Suffering Because Of Ignorance, Need Advice To Make A Decision by Emmanystone: 10:18am On Apr 12, 2018
deedy111:
I grew under my moms care who is an ardent Christian, Dad is more of a traditionist but encourage people going to church but he is no more goes unless specially invited.
In short, moms relation is very biblical and dad relation not so churchy.
Am a graduate, going to 30, a hardworking hustler since i could remember, but NOTHING I COULD BOAST OF ACHIEVING all this years.
I sit down so many days to think and weep over my life, and each time this phrase/question keeps ringing in my head 'COULD THERE SOMETHING AM YET TO KNOW?'

In my case, am really skeptical with feels I could have been successful if i was exposed to some spiritual group(not blood demanding).
Please could someone more enlighten advice me, cos am not progressing at all and my hustling efforts not seem enough.
I know atleast ONE person will understand me
The real reason why we struggle as much as we do is because we want to be like God. Always fighting to be in total and complete control.

As long as we keep fighting to rule by our terms, we'll keep losing this battles of life.

The only answer is SURRENDER.

DESTROY THAT PRIDE.

You didn't create yourself, hence you can't help yourself. The only person who knows what your talent is, is YHWH, when He reveals it to you, you'd cease from struggles, because then, you wouldn't need to struggle anymore.

You are sowing on a wrong soil my friend. And until you discover the right soil to sow, your seed will keep dying.

Nothing any atheist will tell you will help you.

Rice grows in a swampy area, if you plant it on upland, it'll die. That is what you have been doing.

Redirect your focus and you'll see.

C.S.Lewis said that; 'The more we let God take us over, the more truly ourselves we become'.
Re: I Could Be Suffering Because Of Ignorance, Need Advice To Make A Decision by deedy111: 1:18pm On Apr 12, 2018
Emmanystone:

The real reason why we struggle as much as we do is because we want to be like God. Always fighting to be in total and complete control.

As long as we keep fighting to rule by our terms, we'll keep losing this battles of life.

The only answer is SURRENDER.

DESTROY THAT PRIDE.

You didn't create yourself, hence you can't help yourself. The only person who knows what your talent is, is YHWH, when He reveals it to you, you'd cease from struggles, because then, you wouldn't need to struggle anymore.

You are sowing on a wrong soil my friend. And until you discover the right soil to sow, your seed will keep dying.

Nothing any atheist will tell you will help you.

Rice grows in a swampy area, if you plant it on upland, it'll die. That is what you have been doing.

Redirect your focus and you'll see.

C.S.Lewis said that; 'The more we let God take us over, the more truly ourselves we become'.
Redirect my focus how sir?
Is there something you wish to tell me, please can you do in plain language sir. Thanks
Re: I Could Be Suffering Because Of Ignorance, Need Advice To Make A Decision by Emmanystone: 7:55pm On Apr 12, 2018
deedy111:

Redirect my focus how sir?
Is there something you wish to tell me, please can you do in plain language sir. Thanks
Surrender to Him who created you.

Stop fighting to be in charge of things.
Re: I Could Be Suffering Because Of Ignorance, Need Advice To Make A Decision by deedy111: 11:30pm On Apr 12, 2018
Emmanystone:

Surrender to Him who created you.

Stop fighting to be in charge
of things.
Thanks bro, that's helpful
Re: I Could Be Suffering Because Of Ignorance, Need Advice To Make A Decision by budaatum: 11:54pm On Apr 12, 2018
deedy111:

You quote me wrong sir, didn't say I carry anything around with me, just here to get views on ' if spiritism contributes mostly to peoples success'
What does 'spiritism' mean exactly.

(1) (Reply)

Muslims: Share Your Experiences With Islamic Exorcism Here / Avoiding Sat Guru Maharaj Ji's Philosophy / God Is Not The Creator Of Sickness And Diseases Says Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.