Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,549 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Nigerian Shippers Council Awaits 20 Coaches At Kaduna Inland Dry Port - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Shippers Council Awaits 20 Coaches At Kaduna Inland Dry Port (7344 Views)

Ibom Deep Seaport & Lekki Seaport To Start Operation In 2021 - Shippers Council / Kaduna Dry Port Officially Commissioned, Comes Alive For Use - Photos / Kaduna Dry Port Begins Container Clearance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Shippers Council Awaits 20 Coaches At Kaduna Inland Dry Port by deji17: 11:16pm On Apr 11, 2018
Nigerian Shippers Council awaits 20 coaches at Kaduna inland dry port

ON APRIL 11, 2018

Abuja – The Nigerian Shippers Council (NSC), says it is awaiting deployment of 20 coaches to enhance service delivery at the Kaduna Inland Dry Port. NSC said the deployment to be made by the Nigeria Railway Corporation, (NRC) would commence operations next month. Mr Hassan Bello, the Executive Secretary of NSC disclosed this in an interview on Wednesday, in Abuja. He said that though activities had commenced at the port before, but with the expected coaches, transportation of cargoes in and out of the port would increase. “Kaduna Dry Port has come to stay since the inauguration in January; a lot of activities have been going on. Most importantly is to make the Kaduna Port an international port. “A place where an importer can consign his goods and exporters can use the same facilities to export, in other word, Kaduna Port is a port of origin and port of destination. “So far, there has been usage, but because of lack of coaches, NRC is about to issue 20 coaches for the use of cargoes, to convey cargo from the port. “We are looking at May 2018 for the coaches to start, activities are already on, but enhanced activities will resume. We just want the locomotives and wagons to start bringing these goods, “ he said.

According to him, some institutions are already opening offices at the port, including the Nigeria Customs Service, which he said had issued a station code for operations at the port. “NSC being the economy regulator, has been working assiduously to see to the proper take-off of the port in other to do this, we have to work with other regulatory agencies. “Nigeria Customs Service has been of tremendous support to the Kaduna Dry Port, it has issued a station code for Kaduna dry port.

“Already there are certain institutions there like SON, NAFDAC, freight forwarders are moving to Kaduna for freight businesses, so full activities will resume“ Bello noted that the Jos Inland Dry Port had reached an advanced stage with 75 per cent completion. He stated that by May 2018 the port would be ready and commissioned for use. “ Jos Dry Port has reached advanced stage, the laying of railway tracks will commence in three weeks’ time. It is 75 percent completed, after the laying of tracks, it will be commissioned in May“. (NAN)

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/04/nigerian-shippers-council-awaits-20-coaches-kaduna-inland-dry-port/

Re: Nigerian Shippers Council Awaits 20 Coaches At Kaduna Inland Dry Port by Blue3k(m): 11:35pm On Apr 11, 2018
Man the dry ports are coming along fast. This thread going to have alot of people mad.

Front Page: lalasticlala

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Shippers Council Awaits 20 Coaches At Kaduna Inland Dry Port by deji17: 3:18am On Apr 12, 2018
Blue3k:
Man the dry ports are coming along fast. This thread going to have alot of people mad.

Front Page: lalasticlala
While some people are making noise , some are actually doing the work of developing their states.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Shippers Council Awaits 20 Coaches At Kaduna Inland Dry Port by QuotaSystem: 3:45am On Apr 12, 2018
This development will invigorate and expand the northern economy, and foster a new crop of exporters and importers in the region.

Coupled with the Lagos-Kaduna rail, the sky is the limit regarding expansion in northern and western trade

This is what visionary leadership is about. Kudos.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Shippers Council Awaits 20 Coaches At Kaduna Inland Dry Port by talk2archy: 9:33am On Apr 12, 2018
hope is not going to enhance the effectiveness of herdsmen gun shippers association.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Shippers Council Awaits 20 Coaches At Kaduna Inland Dry Port by softmind24: 9:39am On Apr 12, 2018
angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Shippers Council Awaits 20 Coaches At Kaduna Inland Dry Port by ZarahBuhari: 9:39am On Apr 12, 2018
This is just to keep zombies at bay. You and I know too well that the North isn't safe.

Kill yourself if the truth hurts you cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Shippers Council Awaits 20 Coaches At Kaduna Inland Dry Port by dfrost: 9:41am On Apr 12, 2018
Good morning Blue3k and deji17. No need to cause infighting. Let's stop stirring the bees lest it stings all of us. We are more mature than this.

For me, I've been preaching this dry ports and developments across the federation. Let the FG insist that companies who want to invest go to other states and thus enhance developments in the other states.

I am tired of this traffic and human congestion in Lagos. Let the tentacles of development spread to other states. Yes most states are not working towards developing their states. That's what the FG should start enforcing asap.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Shippers Council Awaits 20 Coaches At Kaduna Inland Dry Port by lastempero: 9:42am On Apr 12, 2018
What stops our clanish presido from locating a dry port either in Onitsha or aba with the same speed they used in building this one knowing quite well we are the real importers,well we go still dey turn up whether they like it or not.with all this brohaha alhaji mustafa go still come shopping centre for aba come carry bale or even mama bola from ibadan go still come aba come carry bale.I don't even know who is winning the race.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Shippers Council Awaits 20 Coaches At Kaduna Inland Dry Port by oneda(m): 9:43am On Apr 12, 2018
If it is possible these northerners would have moved the Atlantic away from the south long ago.

But last last God pass them...

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Shippers Council Awaits 20 Coaches At Kaduna Inland Dry Port by JohnieWalker12(m): 9:50am On Apr 12, 2018
30% of container coming into this country goes to onitsha and yet the sea port is yet to be commissioned by Mr President.

Back to Daura 2019. Pls how can I obtain a PVC? cry

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Shippers Council Awaits 20 Coaches At Kaduna Inland Dry Port by Truthcat: 9:59am On Apr 12, 2018
These fulani must think everyone is dumb.

Just say you are creating ghost workers avenue and setting up a duty free pick up point for your people to get imported goods without paying any duty, in fact, Yoruba will gladly cheer you on if you declare today that fulani should be tax exempted. After all, ounje t'aja m'aje, esu l'oma sise e!

Under the guise of dry port, fulani can now clear goods from Yorubaland free for their people while Yoruba pay through the nose. Fulani are doing everything to evade paying import duties, the same tax they benefit most from, while Yoruba, the odeson look on through the mouth wide open. But for how long?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Shippers Council Awaits 20 Coaches At Kaduna Inland Dry Port by Truthcat: 10:12am On Apr 12, 2018
Won wa gbe fun padi yen, padi odeson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TH6eCuQXQ8
Re: Nigerian Shippers Council Awaits 20 Coaches At Kaduna Inland Dry Port by MisterSols(m): 10:13am On Apr 12, 2018
Ibaka Deep Seaport

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Shippers Council Awaits 20 Coaches At Kaduna Inland Dry Port by TroubleMaker47(m): 10:47am On Apr 12, 2018
This dry port is something i just don't understand, how does the imported goods get there in the 1st place, if it arrives from sea and it's sent to the kaduna dry port for clearing, what is the assurance that some goods won't get stolen enroute to kaduna? undecided
It just doesn't make sense to me

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Shippers Council Awaits 20 Coaches At Kaduna Inland Dry Port by proeast(m): 10:54am On Apr 12, 2018
Yet there is non in the commercial zone of Nigeria, the SE. Shithole country!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Shippers Council Awaits 20 Coaches At Kaduna Inland Dry Port by mashnino(m): 11:07am On Apr 12, 2018
lastempero:
What stops our clanish presido from locating a dry port either in Onitsha or aba with the same speed they used in building this one knowing quite well we are the real importers,well we go still dey turn up whether they like it or not.with all this brohaha alhaji mustafa go still come shopping centre for aba come carry bale or even mama bola from ibadan go still come aba come carry bale.I don't even know who is winning the race.

When you start looking at it from the "Nigerian" perspective and not a regional thing.

Then you will know that we are all winning the race together.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Shippers Council Awaits 20 Coaches At Kaduna Inland Dry Port by mashnino(m): 11:09am On Apr 12, 2018
TroubleMaker47:
This dry port is something i just don't understand, how does the imported goods get there in the 1st place, if it arrives from sea and it's sent to the kaduna dry port for clearing, what is the assurance that some goods won't get stolen enroute to kaduna? undecided

Please go and read your books

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Shippers Council Awaits 20 Coaches At Kaduna Inland Dry Port by freshvine(f): 11:09am On Apr 12, 2018
TroubleMaker47:

they'll build a rail track to kaduna for that purpose and use the waters/ports in lagos for offloading while kaduna becomes the hub for excise and duties, tax, royalty and income. few years, kaduna through the dry port will be posting bogus revenue income putting lagos dominance down.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Shippers Council Awaits 20 Coaches At Kaduna Inland Dry Port by lastempero: 11:15am On Apr 12, 2018
mashnino:

When you start looking at it from the "Nigerian" perspective and not a regional thing.

Then you will know that we are all winning the race together.

We aint,if u really know and can stand the truth you will know that some people where positioned to win the race while others are alienated.Kaduna n Onitsha which deserves a dry port based on their trade capacity?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Shippers Council Awaits 20 Coaches At Kaduna Inland Dry Port by TroubleMaker47(m): 11:20am On Apr 12, 2018
mashnino:

Please go and read your books
I really don't like stupid ppl mentioning me. Bye
Re: Nigerian Shippers Council Awaits 20 Coaches At Kaduna Inland Dry Port by TroubleMaker47(m): 11:24am On Apr 12, 2018
freshvine:

they'll build a rail track to kaduna for that purpose and use the waters/ports in lagos for offloading while kaduna becomes the hub for excise and duties, tax, royalty and income. few years, kaduna through the dry port will be posting bogus revenue income putting lagos dominance down.
Ok but isn't inland water port more feasible? undecided
Say the money spent in building rail n coaches is used instead to dredge inland waterways and resuscitating the semi-moribond ports like portharcourt and calabar ports

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Shippers Council Awaits 20 Coaches At Kaduna Inland Dry Port by Truthcat: 11:33am On Apr 12, 2018
Your head dey there jare!

And just to add salt

They will militarilize the route too to make for smooth ride of contrabands, Lagos won't be able to check. They will just make it in such away that Lagos won't be able to check what's in the cargos. The rest of Nigeria can only imagine what will be in those shipments, grin 10 shiploads of weapons per week? Your guess is good as mine, all these while the Yoruba odeson look on. I've said it, a lot of Yoruba leaders need to be get rid of, for Yoruba youths to find the way.

Guys need to add rail lines to the north as the number one thing to be taken out because, it been used to take weapons to the north and shipped Almanjiris back to the SW.

Fulani already have all the ports in their firm grip. So to want to do this means, it's something that must be in airtight secrecy, arms shipments that is.

freshvine:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Shippers Council Awaits 20 Coaches At Kaduna Inland Dry Port by Truthcat: 12:00pm On Apr 12, 2018
Truthcat:
Your head dey there jare!

And just to add salt

They will militarilize the route too to make for smooth ride of contrabands, Lagos won't be able to check. They will just make it in such away that Lagos won't be able to check what's in the cargos. The rest of Nigeria can only imagine what will be in those shipments, grin 10 shiploads of weapons per week? Your guess is good as mine, all these while the Yoruba odeson look on. I've said it, a lot of Yoruba leaders need to be get rid of, for Yoruba youths to find the way.

Guys need to add rail lines to the north as the number one thing to be taken out because, it been used to take weapons to the north and shipped Almanjiris back to the SW.

Fulani already have all the ports in their firm grip. So to want to do this means, it's something that must be in airtight secrecy, arms shipments that is.

Re: Nigerian Shippers Council Awaits 20 Coaches At Kaduna Inland Dry Port by goodnews777: 12:31pm On Apr 12, 2018
El Rufai has finally got his way . Jihad will start in full force with Fulani custom boss ordering no search on container heading to kaduna . I see Somalia as nothing compared to what is coming to Nigeria . It’s full scale jihad.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Shippers Council Awaits 20 Coaches At Kaduna Inland Dry Port by mashnino(m): 1:51pm On Apr 12, 2018
lastempero:

We aint,if u really know and can stand the truth you will know that some people where positioned to win the race while others are alienated.Kaduna n Onitsha which deserves a dry port based on their trade capacity?

Kaduna
Re: Nigerian Shippers Council Awaits 20 Coaches At Kaduna Inland Dry Port by Blue3k(m): 2:00pm On Apr 12, 2018
deji17:
While some people are making noise , some are actually doing the work of developing their states.

It's because they don't actually read or follow news closely. That's why they're always shocked about developments announced over 6 months ago. That state, federal government and consessionsire essentially work hand and glove on these projects. Right now Oyo and Katsina doing same to get there dry port off the ground.

We will probably hear about the other 3 dry ports later on in the year. I'm most interested in what Abia has going on. They're planning their own industrial city. If the dry port and industrial city close together it's good. I'm sure when Ibom port ready the dry port will be booming.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Shippers Council Awaits 20 Coaches At Kaduna Inland Dry Port by dfrost: 6:33pm On Apr 12, 2018
Blue3k:

It's because they don't actually read or follow news closely. That's why they're always shocked about developments announced over 6 months ago. That state, federal government and consessionsire essentially work hand and glove on these projects. Right now Oyo and Katsina doing same to get there dry port off the ground.

We will probably hear about the other 3 dry ports later on in the year. I'm most interested in what Abia has going on. They're planning their own industrial city. If the dry port and industrial city close together it's good. I'm sure when Ibom port ready the dry port will be booming.

I'm so much liking this Blue3k. These guys need to start thinking and very fast about that. Posterity will judge all of us one day. Look at the Jakande Estates/Housing Schemes. No one has thought of continuation.

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Armed Robbers New Technique / 10 Best Countries To Live In The World In Year 2019 / Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut For Two Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.