Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? (4341 Views)

"Collect APC Money In Jesus Name And Vote PDP" - Dino Melaye / 'Vote PDP And Die' Threat In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Photo) / 2019: Why Nigerians Must Not Vote PDP - Tinubu Reveals Reason (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by trillville(m): 10:01am On Apr 12, 2018
plaetton:

Dear adult , this is no time to play hide and seek.
Elections, in case you haven't noticed, are usually contested by 2 LEADING parties.
And for change, in this particular case, an emergency that has the greatest implications for the future of every living soul in Nigeria, this is not the time to play and experiment with fringe political parties.
And where have all these other parties been ?
What national voter infrastructure have these so-called other parties built since 1999?
This is the reason that politicians take the average voters for fools.
At the most critical juncture, you start confusing yourself.

If we want to vote out the locust government of APC, we must unequivocally vote PDP.
Any votes wasted for any other Fringe political party or group is an indirect vote for Buhari.
Nigerians must leave no single stone unturned in voting out the Dinosaurs in ASO Rock.
Simple.

Not when PDP is also presenting a Dinosaur. Look my friend, both PDP and APC are going to present a core northerner. They will split the core northern vote, creating a opportunity for a credible youth from the south to take power. Jump on board of the train before it leaves the station.

In this internet age, one year is an eternity. Nigerians crave for something different and not old recycled politicians. The party does not matter. What matters is the thought process of the candidates and how the plan on reducing the extreme poverty Nigerians are currently facing.

1 Like

Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by plaetton: 10:59am On Apr 12, 2018
trillville:

The growth was mainly as a result of high oil prices.
Oh really ?
First of all, you do acknowledge that was economic growth during the PDP era ?
Very good.

So we had high oil prices from 1999 to 2015 ?

3 Likes

Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by haffaze777(m): 10:59am On Apr 12, 2018
plaetton:

What I am trying to say is that, make no mistakes about it, the real contest us between PDP and APC.
Even you like SDP or any of the other Fringe political parties out there, it would still be a costly mistake, a misuse of your voting power, to vote for them and thereby diluting all the votes the PDP needs to vote out Buhari.
The political calculus is that any votes not for PDP would benefit Buhari in winning a majority.

Love PDP or not , if we want to vote out Buhari, we must vote PDP.

unfortunately I will rather vote President Buhari Dan vote killer party called pdp

1 Like

Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by plaetton: 11:08am On Apr 12, 2018
haffaze777:

unfortunately I will rather vote President Buhari Dan vote killer party called pdp
I'm glad you used the word " unfortunately".
That says it all.

2 Likes

Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by trillville(m): 11:10am On Apr 12, 2018
plaetton:

Oh really ?
First of all, you do acknowledge that was economic growth during the PDP era ?
Very good.

So we had high oil prices from 1999 to 2015 ?

oil prices were rising in most of the years during the period. We relied on savings between 2007 and 2009. Savings we did not have in 2015.

Obasanjo made many tangible reforms when he came in that also lead to growth. He increased minimum wage and he privatised a lot of government mda's. He also put policies in place the supported the growth of the banking and Telecom industries. I must admit that Obasanjo was a good president.

Then again, he is no longer a PDP member. In fact, he opposes PDP with all his might. I must be a good judge of character.
Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by plaetton: 11:21am On Apr 12, 2018
trillville:
We relied on savings between 2007 and 2009. Savings we did not have in 2015.

Kindly tell us or show us the trajectory of oil prices from 1999- 2015.

What savings did we have between 2007 and 2009 that we didn't have in 2015 ?

Kindly elaborate with facts, not innuendo.

1 Like

Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by tomakint: 11:22am On Apr 12, 2018
plaetton:

Elections, in case you haven't noticed, are usually contested by 2 LEADING parties.
And for change, in this particular case, an emergency that has the greatest implications for the future of every living soul in Nigeria, this is not the time to play and experiment with fringe political parties.
What national voter infrastructure have these so-called other parties built since 1999?

If we want to vote out the locust government of APC, we must unequivocally vote PDP.
Any votes wasted for any other Fringe political party or group is an indirect vote for Buhari.
Nigerians must leave no single stone unturned in voting out the Dinosaurs in ASO Rock.
Simple.

How I wish I can meet you in person you deserve to be given a first class treatment in any International Hotel of your choice in the world with your family. A 1-week safari in South Africa and Kenya. Trips to 5 countries of your choice with a monetary package to the tune of $50,000 for what exactly? Just for saying it as it is. PDP is the only party that can kick this monster out of Aso Rock, enough said!

3 Likes

Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by tomakint: 11:29am On Apr 12, 2018
haffaze777:

What makes PDP a killer party especially when the estranged members of this same "Killer party" now rule and reign in your saintly party, APC. Most times you folks need to beg God for discerning spirit to be able to decipher myths from facts

1 Like

Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by trillville(m): 11:41am On Apr 12, 2018
plaetton:

Kindly tell us or show us the trajectory of oil prices from 1999- 2015.

What savings did we have between 2007 and 2009 that we didn't have in 2015 ?

Kindly elaborate with facts, not innuendo.

Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by trillville(m): 11:43am On Apr 12, 2018
Plaetton
The average Annual price of oil was rising from 1999 to 2008 then started raising again in 2010 until 2014. Obasanjo saved money in our excess crude oil account. Yaradua used that money to cushion the effects of lower prices in 2009 so Nigeria did not fall into a recession. GEJ regime did not have the political will to save and left about 1 billion dollars in the sovereign wealth fund, so we went into a recession. I hope you can comprehend this.

1 Like

Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by plaetton: 12:26pm On Apr 12, 2018
trillville:
Plaetton
The average Annual price of oil was rising from 1999 to 2008 then started raising again in 2010 until 2014. Obasanjo saved money in our excess crude oil account. Yaradua used that money to cushion the effects of lower prices in 2009 so Nigeria did not fall into a recession. GEJ regime did not have the political will to save and left about 1 billion dollars in the sovereign wealth fund, so we went into a recession. I hope you can comprehend this.

I must commend you my friend , for your sincere efforts so far.

According to figures posted above,we see that oil prices averaged from $14 in 1999 to $36 in 2004 and let me add with Zero savings in 1999.
Yet within that Short period,the PDP was able to restructure the economy and put Nigeria on a trajectory of growth. Let me repeat, between $14 and $36 , with no savings and $38b in foreign debt.

No doubts about it, higher Oil prices means more revenue for the federal government to split between the 3 tiers of government.

Now allluded to the fact that Yar'Adua so-called savings to cushion lower oil prices.
First of all, how much savings did Yar'Adua have ?
In with what financial or policy mechanism did he supposedly use the savings to cushion lower oil prices.
I very eager to be educated on this.

Off course , Jonathan inherited a higher Oil price environment , and he used it very well to spur the economic growth that we saw. That is what a government does.
Government, by definition, uses its accrued revenue to grow the economy, create employment , expand the middle class, and provide social services for the welfare of the citizens. These are exactly what Jonathan did.
During the Jonathan era, states , local governments, defence, education, agriculture, health and infrastructure recieved more allocations commensurate with the increased revenues accruing to the government. That is the way it is supposed to work.
Economic growth comes at a cost.
Just ask the ECB or the bank of Japan, or the US Federal Reserve Bank.

It is on record that GEJ wanted to create sovereign wealth fund to save and diversify our economic infrastructure.
Guess who opposed him and took him to court ?
The APC and the governors, most of whom are in the APC Today.

You people keep talking nonsense about savings this and savings that.
The government is not in the business of saving money. The government's job is to spend money judiciously for the welfare of the economy and citizens.
And by the way, I'm sure that you are unaware that GEJ left $30b external reserves and a sizable $billions of excess crude Oil account, despite the fact that the state governors were demanding more and more.

Stop making excuses for the failures of Buhari.
No good leader comes to office and promises to perform only if the economic conditions are perfect.
Buhari is a pathetic excuse for a presidential.
Let's face the facts.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by trillville(m): 12:31pm On Apr 12, 2018
plaetton:

I must commend you my friend , for your sincere efforts so far.

According to figures posted above,we see that oil prices averaged from $14 in 1999 to $36 in 2004 and let me add with Zero savings in 1999.
Yet within that Short period,the PDP was able to restructure the economy and put Nigeria on a trajectory of growth. Let me repeat, between $14 and $36 , with no savings and $38b in foreign debt.

Stop making excuses for the failures of Buhari.
No good leader comes to office and promises to perform only if the economic conditions are perfect.
Buhari is a pathetic excuse for a presidential.
Let's face the facts.

An increase from 17 dollars in 1999 to 27 dollars In 2000 is a quite a large increase. That is a growth rate of about 58 percent. Obasanjo was a good leader, even GEJ had his many good sides. I am not in support of Buhari in any way. I am just also not in support of going back to PDP, shikena.

You asked about what Yaradua did. He subsidized the price of imported rice with money from the excess crude account. This prevented a sharp increase in the price of rice in the local market, preventing inflation and other economic adverse effects.

PDP is a party for old people. We need a new Nigeria led by younger people. Let these old men go and rest, that is what I am interested in. In 2019, both APC and PDP are choosing core northerners. This is certainly split the northern vote. If the south can unite around a youthful southerner, we may just experience an upset. These old men don't give a damn about the youths. They think we are inconsequential and that they are doing us a favour. Why spend even a minute online fighting for these people?
Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by Day169: 12:36pm On Apr 12, 2018
God bless you @ basty for the expose and reminder. The collective amnesia that had bedevilled this nation since ages past now threatens to imprison our future.
.. May this NEVER be our portion!
Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by plaetton: 1:39pm On Apr 12, 2018
trillville:

You asked about what Yaradua did. He subsidized the price of imported rice with money from the excess crude account. This prevented a sharp increase in the price of rice in the local market, preventing inflation and other economic adverse effects.

I have never heard of this before, but if it is true, then that must on record as the stuuuupid policy on earth.
Subsidizing imported Rice ?
Are you joking or what ?
In what way did he subsidize imported Rice ?
Anyway, you don't seem to see the inherent contradictions in saying that both OBJ and Yar'Adua, both PDP presidents, were prudent in their management of the economy, and yet you still refuse to give PDP party due credit for the stewardship of the golden era of Nigeria's socio-economic life.

If the PDP party under OBJ or Yar'Adua managed the economy well, then PDP has already proven itself once.
And PDP is the only alternative to the locusts in ASO Rock.

trillville:

PDP is a party for old people. We need a new Nigeria led by younger people. Let these old men go and rest, that is what I am interested in. In 2019, both APC and PDP are choosing core northerners. This is certainly split the northern vote. If the south can unite around a youthful southerner, we may just experience an upset. These old men don't give a damn about the youths. They think we are inconsequential and that they are doing us a favour. Why spend even a minute online fighting for these people?
This is , I'm sorry to say, wishful , juvenile thinking. A delusion.

Governance includes both old and young.
Where have all these so-called youthful leaders been since the advent of democracy in 1999 ? tongue

How come it only during elections time that we remember that we need alternatives to the status quo ?

A grassroots movement for power is usually a slow and carefully cultivated process that begins with a progressive economic and political ideology.
It is not a hastily concocted, ad hoc movement that deluded itself of reaping where it did not sow.

Whoever is trying to woo you to a new political movement is out decieve the electorates once again.

Let me reiterate, any votes in 2019 not for PDP is indirectly a vote for Buhari and APC.
This not just my opinion.
The political calculus says so.

Cavaet emptor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by 7lives: 1:52pm On Apr 12, 2018
trillville:
Plaetton

You think he doesn't know this?.
Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by trillville(m): 1:58pm On Apr 12, 2018
plaetton:

I have never heard of this before, but if it is true, then that must on record as the stuuuupid policy on earth.
Subsidizing imported Rice ?
Are you joking or what ?
In what way did he subsidize imported Rice ?
Anyway, you don't seem to see the inherent contradictions in saying that both OBJ and Yar'Adua, both PDP presidents, were prudent in their management of the economy, and yet you still refuse to give PDP party due credit for the stewardship of the golden era of Nigeria's socio-economic life.

If the PDP party under OBJ or Yar'Adua managed the economy well, then PDP has already proven itself once.
And PDP is the only alternative to the locusts in ASO Rock.

This is , I'm sorry to say, wishful , juvenile thinking. A delusion.

Governance includes both old and young.
Where have all these so-called youthful leaders been since the advent of democracy in 1999 ? tongue

How come it only during elections time that we remember that we need alternatives to the status quo ?

A grassroots movement for power is usually a slow and carefully cultivated process that begins with a progressive economic and political ideology.
It is not a hastily concocted, ad hoc movement that deluded itself of reaping where it did not sow.

Whoever is trying to woo you to a new political movement is out decieve the electorates once again.

Let me reiterate, any votes in 2019 not for PDP is indirectly a vote for Buhari and APC.
This not just my opinion.
The political calculus says so.

Cavaet emptor.

It is clear you do not understand economics much. Let me try to break it down for you. In 2008, America fell into a recession due to a sub-prime loan crisis. This created a credit crunch across many countries and banks stopped loaning each other money. The recession in America led to oil prices falling drastically to a low of about 27 dollars per barrel. Nigeria had to devalue the natural from about 118 to 128. This would have led to an increase in prices in general but Yaradua choose to subsidize fuel prices and imported rice. You can google this.

I agree that Obasanjo was a good leader but why has he left the PDP? this is the question you need to answer.

I want Buhari out of power because a majority of Nigerians feel he has failed. My core interest in this election is the development of democracy in Nigeria and also the betterment of the common man.

If PDP did not zone the presidency to the core north, I may have been planning on voting for the party. My issue is that I do not believe that any core northerner can defeat Buhari (even with drip attached to his hand on a hospital bed) in an election so PDP is only wasting our time. I do not necessarily think a youth will win either but I believe it is at least a fight worth fighting for. PDP will simply split the northern vote. All Nigeria needs is a popular southerner to unite the country to victory.

1 Like

Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by trillville(m): 1:59pm On Apr 12, 2018
7lives:

You think he doesn't know this?.

So why is he suffering me?
Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by plaetton: 2:26pm On Apr 12, 2018
trillville:

It is clear you do not understand economics much. Let me try to break it down for you. In 2008, America fell into a recession due to a sub-prime loan crisis. This created a credit crunch across many countries and banks stopped loaning each other money. The recession in America led to oil prices falling drastically to a low of about 27 dollars per barrel. Nigeria had to devalue the natural from about 118 to 128. This would have led to an increase in prices in general but Yaradua choose to subsidize fuel prices and imported rice. You can google this.

I agree that Obasanjo was a good leader but why has he left the PDP? this is the question you need to answer.

Big big laugh.

On the contrary my dear friend, it clear that you have a very rudimentary understanding of economic matters.
You highlighted that fact when you stated that Yar'Adua had to subsidize fuel fuel prices and imported rice.

Lol. grin grin
First of all, must people, you and Buhari included, still do no understand what a fuel subsidy is.

Fuel is subsidized when the price of oil( refined gasoline) in the international market is higher than the pump price in Nigeria. This makes it unprofitable for importers to import fuel. The government steps in and pays the importers the difference between their cost price in the international market and the pump price I'm Nigeria.
Therefore , the higher the international price of Oil, the more subsidy the FG pays for fuel imports.
Conversely, the lower the international price of Oil, the less the subsidy, until the subsidy payment are ZERO.
Therefore, My friend, it makes no sense what you said that the FG under Yar'Adua paid subsidy for fuel when oil was at it's lowest price in a decade.
That is mathematically and factually incorrect.

Also, like I said before, I have never heard of FG paying subsidy on rice imports.
That , again , would make ZERO sense considering that such funds could have been well invested in local rice production.

3 Likes

Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by BluntBoy(m): 2:40pm On Apr 12, 2018
plaetton:

Simple.

Buhari is far better than anything PDP can present.

The recession had been predicted as way back as 2014 when Goodluck was warned to save and fight corruption or suffer a recession. I am going to look for the article. I think it was in the Economist.

Two other experts in the field of economics, Charles Soludo and Sanusi (both former CBN governors) prior to the 2015 election also predicted the recession and said it didn't matter whether was Jonathan or Buhari that won. Jonathan had messed up the economy. Only fools believe that the recession just happened like that. The fact is recession build up overtime and the signs had been there during Goodluck's years of mismanagement.

Let us be factual, which Nigerian past president would have been able to survive a recession and still grow the foreign reserve? How many of our leaders can save? Jonathan couldn't save in the time of plenty, how would he have survived a recession

2 Likes

Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by trillville(m): 2:40pm On Apr 12, 2018
plaetton:

Big big laugh.

On the contrary my dear friend, it clear that you have a very rudimentary understanding of economic matters.
You highlighted that fact when you stated that Yar'Adua had to subsidize fuel fuel prices and imported rice.

Lol. grin grin
First of all, must people, you and Buhari included, still do no understand what a fuel subsidy is.

Fuel is subsidized when the price of oil( refined gasoline) in the international market is higher than the pump price in Nigeria. This makes it unprofitable for importers to import fuel. The government steps in and pays the importers the difference between their cost price in the international market and the pump price I'm Nigeria.
Therefore , the higher the international price of Oil, the more subsidy the FG pays for fuel imports.
Conversely, the lower the international price of Oil, the less the subsidy, until the subsidy payment are ZERO.
Therefore, My friend, it makes no sense what you said that the FG under Yar'Adua paid subsidy for fuel when oil was at it's lowest price in a decade.

Also, like I said before, I have never heard of FG paying subsidy on rice imports.
That , again , would make ZERO sense considering that such funds could have been well invested in local rice production.

Oil is priced in dollars just as imported rice is also priced in dollars. There are two factors that affect the price of local petrol. The international price of crude and the value of the naira.

Look at the table of oil prices again, you will see that at a point between 2006 and 2007, a barrel of crude sold for about 60 dollars a barrel. Yet at that time in Nigeria, the highest petrol price was 75 naira. Today crude is above 60 dollars and we a purchasing fuel at 145 naira. The difference is in the value of the naira.

Please check this link
https://reliefweb.int/report/nigeria/nigeria-import-rice-release-grains-cushion-food-crisis

1 Like

Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by plaetton: 2:51pm On Apr 12, 2018
trillville:

Oil is priced in dollars just as imported rice is also priced in dollars. There are two factors that affect the price of local petrol. The international price of crude and the value of the naira.

Look at the table of oil prices again, you will see that at a point between 2006 and 2007, a barrel of crude sold for about 60 dollars a barrel. Yet at that time in Nigeria, the highest petrol price was 75 naira. Today crude is above 60 dollars and we a purchasing fuel at 145 naira. The difference is in the value of the naira.
Mathematics do not lie.
That is why we have frequent price increases in Nigeria, to cut down or attempt to eliminate the huge subsidy ( price differential) that was becoming unsustainable.
At 145, the FG still pays subsidy, but far less subsidy than it did when pump price was N75.
My point is that Yar'Adua nor Buhari paid any subsidy when Oil dropped to $27 during their tenures.

Now back to issue.
It's either Buhari is out or Buhari is in.
It's either you vote APC or PDP.
However, with advantage of incumbency, any votes not for APC must be for PDP, if truly you want Buhari out.
Stop daydreaming about any new fringe Party coming to rescue you.

1 Like

Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by plaetton: 2:53pm On Apr 12, 2018
BluntBoy:

Buhari is far better than anything PDP can present.

The recession had been predicted as way back as 2014 when Goodluck was warned to save and fight corruption or suffer a recession. I am going to look for the article. I think it was in the Economist.

Two other experts in the field of economics, Charles Soludo and Sanusi (both former CBN governors) prior to the 2015 election also predicted the recession and said it didn't matter whether was Jonathan or Buhari that won. Jonathan had messed up the economy. Only fools believe that the recession just happened like that. The fact is recession build up overtime and the signs had been there during Goodluck's years of mismanagement.

Let us be factual, which Nigerian past president would have been able to survive a recession and still grow the foreign reserve? How many of our leaders can save? Jonathan couldn't save in the time of plenty, how would he have survived a recession
Pedestrian logic.

Go ahead and vote Buhari again.
I wish you more Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:10pm On Apr 12, 2018
plaetton:

Big big laugh.

Lol. grin grin

You are neither here nor there. Wasted my time reading the junks you put up there.

Provide reasonable reasons why we should vote PDP back in 2019, we don't need your prejudice and economic jargon.

1 Like

Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by chernest2002: 3:13pm On Apr 12, 2018
Op the first military coup was as a result of corruption, pdp did not start corruption and since 2015 corruption have not reduced one percent but is on the rise.but under pdp hunger and hardship was not so high, we will vote personality and not pary, buhari have failed ,I thought Apc would have change buhari for a younger, stronger, more educated and new millennium leader.I wish Nigerians will decide well this time, but was a mistake.

2 Likes

Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by chernest2002: 3:13pm On Apr 12, 2018
Op the first military coup was as a result of corruption, pdp did not start corruption and since 2015 corruption have not reduced one percent but is on the rise.but under pdp hunger and hardship was not so high, we will vote personality and not pary, buhari have failed ,I thought Apc would have change buhari for a younger, stronger, more educated and new millennium leader.I wish Nigerians will decide well this time, but was a mistake. ..
Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by trillville(m): 3:15pm On Apr 12, 2018
plaetton:

Mathematics do not lie.
That is why we have frequent price increases in Nigeria, to cut down or attempt to eliminate the huge subsidy ( price differential) that was becoming unsustainable.
At 145, the FG still pays subsidy, but far less subsidy than it did when pump price was N75.
My point is that Yar'Adua nor Buhari paid any subsidy when Oil dropped to $27 during their tenures.

Now back to issue.
It's either Buhari is out or Buhari is in.
It's either you vote APC or PDP.
However, with advantage of incumbency, any votes not for APC must be for PDP, if truly you want Buhari out.
Stop daydreaming about any new fringe Party coming to rescue you.

Lol, now you are talking mathematics. Please look at the link I provided.

If PDP can put forth a winning candidate, why not? The issue is that they have already zoned the presidency. Of all the northerners, the best person is Sule Lamido. I travel to Jigawa quite often and must confess he really developed Dutse. His problem is that apart from Jigawa and Kano he would barely be able to pull votes in any other state.

The next best person is Dankwambo, but he is so unpopular with the commoners in the north west that whenever I mention his name the next thing they say is "WHO".

Every person after Dankwambo is bad for Nigeria in reality. Kwankwaso is tribalist and very local. I am still shocked that he could govern Kano. Atiku is a thief. There is nothing more to say. Saraki is Atiku's younger brother. All these people will leave Nigeria worse than how they met it.

I must admit I don't know much about Tambawal. But I believe he too does not chance against Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:35pm On Apr 12, 2018
chernest2002:
Op the first military coup was as a result of corruption, pdp did not start corruption and since 2015 corruption have not reduced one percent but is on the rise.but under pdp hunger and hardship was not so high, we will vote personality and not pary, buhari have failed ,I thought Apc would have change buhari for a younger, stronger, more educated and new millennium leader.I wish Nigerians will decide well this time, but was a mistake. ..

Hunger was so high among you lazy youth only. What do you expect the government to do for you? Feed you or give you free money without working?

The previous Govt borrowed money to pay salary even when the price of oil relatively high. How come the new Government is issuing out bail out fund to states to pay off their debt?
Remember that this government is not borrowing to pay anybody.

Despite the low income, the government is increasing the foreign reserve, a feet the previous government could not achieve at the disposal of high oil price.

The current government is working hard to diversify the economy. Currently, there is increase in the revenue generated from non oil sector. Agriculture is taking shapes and home grown product are been encouraged to dislodge crazy importation that led us into trouble years back. Today, we are having decreased importation of food. At least, food importation has been decreased to more than 30% even more is needed to be done. We need to cultivate our food instead of enriching other fellas in foreign countries.

My dear, there has always been hunger. The remedy of hunger is getting food on the table which meaning working and earning. You cannot sit your azz in a room and blame the government for not feeding you. This is not 1950s where govt provides you food to eat without doing nothing. You have to work and eat.

1 Like

Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by plaetton: 3:36pm On Apr 12, 2018
FOLYKAZE:

You are neither here nor there. Wasted my time reading the junks you put up there.

Provide reasonable reasons why we should vote PDP back in 2019, we don't need your prejudice and economic jargon.

Just because you not understand economics, does not make it junk. The socio-economic indices for 1999-2015 are there. The socio-economic indices from 2015 are also there.
It's either you're contented with the current state of affairs or you're not.
It's either you want Buhari to continue with excellent job he is doing , or you want him back to Duara to herd his 150 cows.

It's either PDP in or Buhari in.
There are no other choices.
This is the simple point I have been trying put across.
Let's not delude ourselves about about so called third force or any fringe party.
Such would only work in favor of re-electing Buhari.

I've already made my case that PDP shepherded the Golden Era of Nigeria's socio-economic Renaissance from1999-2015.
That is a fact, not an opinion.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:44pm On Apr 12, 2018
plaetton:

Just because you not understand economics, does not make it junk. The socio-economic indices for 1999-2015 are there. The socio-economic indices from 2015 are also there.

I've already made my case that PDP shepherded the Golden Era of Nigeria's socio-economic Renaissance from1999-2015.

Show us this economic indices you keep ranting about. I personally do not fancy your grammar. Bring on facts and figures.
Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by buhariguy(m): 4:12pm On Apr 12, 2018
Herdsmen:
BMC and dia propaganda..

Is late already... If PDP present shekau as candidate.. we will vote Dem

Even if na anini and Shina Rambo as president and anini as vice..we will vote Dem..

100 times more capable than the dullardeen and his zombies..

Imagine what Nigeria went through the past 3 years and one mumu wey brain dey pain dey yarn trash for here..

Oga all this list ....na your dullardeen dey power... Wetin keep am make he no jail all your so called thieves and maybe proscribe PDP..

Na to write full jargon post on line...swear zombies are really annoying .

Back to Daura is a must...or nigeria and Nigerians will perish in another four years with the Dullard..

That's reality
it is not new to us that idiotic pigs of Biafra love criminals and they preferred Barnabas to Jesus
Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by chernest2002: 6:51pm On Apr 12, 2018
FOLYKAZE:

Hunger was so high among you lazy youth only. What do you expect the government to do for you? Feed you or give you free money without working?

The previous Govt borrowed money to pay salary even when the price of oil relatively high. How come the new Government is issuing out bail out fund to states to pay off their debt?
Remember that this government is not borrowing to pay anybody.

Despite the low income, the government is increasing the foreign reserve, a feet the previous government could not achieve at the disposal of high oil price.

The current government is working hard to diversify the economy. Currently, there is increase in the revenue generated from non oil sector. Agriculture is taking shapes and home grown product are been encouraged to dislodge crazy importation that led us into trouble years back. Today, we are having decreased importation of food. At least, food importation has been decreased to more than 30% even more is needed to be done. We need to cultivate our food instead of enriching other fellas in foreign countries.

My dear, there has always been hunger. The remedy of hunger is getting food on the table which meaning working and earning. You cannot sit your azz in a room and blame the government for not feeding you. This is not 1950s where govt provides you food to eat without doing nothing. You have to work and eat.
dear a government that refused to tackle unemployment instead they create more unemployment through careless approach towards farms/heads men clashes, reduced importation of food, where did they want us to feed? Increased foreign reserve and increased local and foreign debt, who is fooling who? Am not trying to compare pdp and Apc because the difference is clear. Pdp built roads, railway, agriculture, education, is endless achievement but let me know what buhari have done to deserve more four years ,am not a party man but i judge them by their promises and performance. I repeat as a good citizen of Nigeria, buhari must go for younger and active leader to come, be it from Apc or pdp I have no problem for that, if Apc wants my only one and small vote they must reject buhari internally. My dear am speaking for the poor,hungry and youths of Nigeria. Am ok even before pdp came in.

2 Likes

Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by J2381: 7:57pm On Apr 12, 2018
plaetton:

It's either you're contented with the current state of affairs or you're not.
It's either you want Buhari to continue with excellent job he is doing , or you want him back to Duara to herd his 150 cows.

It's either PDP in or Buhari in.
There are no other choices.
This is the simple point I have been trying put across.
Let's not delude ourselves about about so called third force or any fringe party.
Such would only work in favor of re-electing Buhari.

I still don't see how this helped the common man live above a dollar a day.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reason SE Won’t And Can’t Develop Their Region. / "Imam Of Peace" At It Again,comes For Malaysia Leader But Malaysians Shut Him Up / Victor Olabimtan: Ekiti State APC Primary Election Is Not Postponed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.