Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? (4338 Views)

"Collect APC Money In Jesus Name And Vote PDP" - Dino Melaye / 'Vote PDP And Die' Threat In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Photo) / 2019: Why Nigerians Must Not Vote PDP - Tinubu Reveals Reason (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:32pm On Apr 12, 2018
chernest2002:
dear a government that refused to tackle unemployment instead they create more unemployment through careless approach towards farms/heads men clashes, reduced importation of food, where did they want us to feed? Increased foreign reserve and increased local and foreign debt, who is fooling who? Am not trying to compare pdp and Apc because the difference is clear. Pdp built roads, railway, agriculture, education, is endless achievement but let me know what buhari have done to deserve more four years ,am not a party man but i judge them by their promises and performance. I repeat as a good citizen of Nigeria, buhari must go for younger and active leader to come, be it from Apc or pdp I have no problem for that, if Apc wants my only one and small vote they must reject buhari internally. My dear am speaking for the poor,hungry and youths of Nigeria. Am ok even before pdp came in.

Oh! You have dropped the wailing about how you are hungry because a particular guy from a tribe and certain religion is in power and now clutching on straw. You guys should desist from crying unnecessarily if you want Nigerians to take serious. What Nigerians want are reasons and logical grounds on why Buhari should not be voted back into Aso Rock but all you can provide is baseless tantrum.

You made a claim that PDP built roads, and I ask...which road? The death trap that have cost us many lives or what? Which railway did PDP built? Adeshina tried in Agriculture but that doesn't stop us from exporting food from other countries. In fact, we exported everything we consume during GEJ regime. How did they invest in Education? Is it the same education sector where professionals are calling for total overhaul and declaration of state of emergency? My dear, PDP did no jack. Not even a thing can be pointed to that they do except looting and jamboree.

Buhari is performing below expectation but he is still doing something better than previous Govt. I will admit there are room to do more. However, he has performed more than any PDP candidate that has ever ruled this country. Buhari made three promises which encompass security (fighting boko haram), revamping the economy, and investing on infrastructure. These are his words in chatham house during the campaign period. On these promises, he has scored above average evn though he can do more.

On Security: Boko Haram have been decimated. Abuja today is liveable unlike in the past when parks and churches bombing was rampart. The chibok girls are been rescued, Daphic girls rescued, the seized land restored under the sovereignty of the Federal Republic. The security threat from the IPOB too was cut in the nip. The only problem will have is Fulani menace which the security are working all round to bring an end too. Back in the days, Kidnapping is top notch, robbery on highway was common, militancy and bunkering was common but today, they are minimized.

On Economy: Nigeria came out of recession within a period of one year. That fit alone should make folks like you give him some applause. The foreign exchange which was depleted by previous government is now growing. It was $26b then and now $47b. That is more than 100% growth within 3yrs. Importation of food have been reduced, with local production gracefully encourage and improving. The Government today does not owe salary or borrow to pay salary despite the low income. TSA arguably has improve the government revenue with lot of loopholes and leakages blocked. We now earn more than we ever gotten in sixteen years from NPA, tax and other agency remittance to the Government. BOI is investing heavily on Youths. NIS too is paying stipend to unemployed youths to make them understand that they ain't forgotten. Billions of naira are been recovered. Properties gotten from stolen public fund are been siezed. The ease of doing business have made many start-up to jump start. On economy, I give Buhari pass.

Infrastructure: You do not want me to go there. With the Sukuk bond, our roads are now taking shape with the heavy funding. The rails too are been financed. More funding is been pumped into Electric installations across the country, and today, we've gotten 7000mw unlike 3000mw we had in previous regime. Construction is on full blast because contractors are back on field and all backlogs paid. We now have construction ongoing in the west, east, central and north simultaneously.

WhileI admit that Buhari could do more, the little he has done surpass what any previous government achieved. Moreso, you keep shouting youth this and that. Did Buhari stopped you from bringing forward any youth of your choice? And who is this youth you guys keeping ranting about?

2 Likes

Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by chernest2002: 10:52pm On Apr 12, 2018
FOLYKAZE:

Oh! You have dropped the wailing about how you are hungry because a particular guy from a tribe and certain religion is in power and now clutching on straw. You guys should desist from crying unnecessarily if you want Nigerians to take serious. What Nigerians want are reasons and logical grounds on why Buhari should not be voted back into Aso Rock but all you can provide is baseless tantrum.

You made a claim that PDP built roads, and I ask...which road? The death trap that have cost us many lives or what? Which railway did PDP built? Adeshina tried in Agriculture but that doesn't stop us from exporting food from other countries. In fact, we exported everything we consume during GEJ regime. How did they invest in Education? Is it the same education sector where professionals are calling for total overhaul and declaration of state of emergency? My dear, PDP did no jack. Not even a thing can be pointed to that they do except looting and jamboree.

Buhari is performing below expectation but he is still doing something better than previous Govt. I will admit there are room to do more. However, he has performed more than any PDP candidate that has ever ruled this country. Buhari made three promises which encompass security (fighting boko haram), revamping the economy, and investing on infrastructure. These are his words in chatham house during the campaign period. On these promises, he has scored above average evn though he can do more.

On Security: Boko Haram have been decimated. Abuja today is liveable unlike in the past when parks and churches bombing was rampart. The chibok girls are been rescued, Daphic girls rescued, the seized land restored under the sovereignty of the Federal Republic. The security threat from the IPOB too was cut in the nip. The only problem will have is Fulani menace which the security are working all round to bring an end too. Back in the days, Kidnapping is top notch, robbery on highway was common, militancy and bunkering was common but today, they are minimized.

On Economy: Nigeria came out of recession within a period of one year. That fit alone should make folks like you give him some applause. The foreign exchange which was depleted by previous government is now growing. It was $26b then and now $47b. That is more than 100% growth within 3yrs. Importation of food have been reduced, with local production gracefully encourage and improving. The Government today does not owe salary or borrow to pay salary despite the low income. TSA arguably has improve the government revenue with lot of loopholes and leakages blocked. We now earn more than we ever gotten in sixteen years from NPA, tax and other agency remittance to the Government. BOI is investing heavily on Youths. NIS too is paying stipend to unemployed youths to make them understand that they ain't forgotten. Billions of naira are been recovered. Properties gotten from stolen public fund are been siezed. The ease of doing business have made many start-up to jump start. On economy, I give Buhari pass.

Infrastructure: You do not want me to go there. With the Sukuk bond, our roads are now taking shape with the heavy funding. The rails too are been financed. More funding is been pumped into Electric installations across the country, and today, we've gotten 7000mw unlike 3000mw we had in previous regime. Construction is on full blast because contractors are back on field and all backlogs paid. We now have construction ongoing in the west, east, central and north simultaneously.

WhileI admit that Buhari could do more, the little he has done surpass what any previous government achieved. Moreso, you keep shouting youth this and that. Did Buhari stopped you from bringing forward any youth of your choice? And who is this youth you guys keeping ranting about?
fellow all this you says are just claims, buhari put the country into ressesion and claim he have bring it out. On bokoharam and security, Apc is only trying to cover the media with all their treat against press freedom, I heard one and two senators from bauchi and taraba on how the people are being killed and told not to speak out, your agriculture claims, how much is a bag of rice,beans ect. The contractors that went back to work are the ones buhari stopped work after 2015 elections claiming he wants to review the contract, e.g. second Niger bridge.our currency was below 250 before handover, today dollars is 365.petrol was 85 with subsidies and without scarcity, today we 145 with subsidies and scarcity. My dear give buhari 30 years to rule he will never bring any positive change. He is too old for this job, lai Mohammed told Nigerians that revealing the president hospital bill is a treat to national security. Over one hundred and eighty days out of office who was in charge? Buhari is not doing Nigeria any good knowing that he is old and weak to carry on the duties he is being paid for ,in a sane society he will humbly quite the job. Well let him continue because he will never oversee a free and fair election.

1 Like

Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by KanwuliaExtra: 12:07am On Apr 13, 2018
Only after SIXTEEN YEARS OF APC! kiss

1 Like

Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:41am On Apr 13, 2018
chernest2002:
fellow all this you says are just claims, buhari put the country into ressesion and claim he have bring it out.

My good friend, you should have pointed out anything that you observed in my previous post that is wrong. I hold a strong believe that you cannot counter and debunk any of my ground up there.

Recession was inevitable. We didn't arrive at recession overnight. The bad policies of past government was what led us into the horrible economy tragedy. It started from the moment past government couldn't diversify the economy. And the corruption plus wastage of the previous government all contributed to recession. The two economist, Soludo and Sanusi predicted the economic doom. Oby and Okonjo Iweala also trumpted warnings against wastage and inability of GEJ government to save.

In the word of Soludo:
Jonathan's record on the economy is a clear ‘F’ grade.
The poor choices made by the current government have mortgaged the future, and the next government would have little room to manoeuvre and would inevitably undertake drastic but painful structural adjustments. Nigerians loathe the term ‘structural adjustment’. With falling real wages and depreciating currency, I can see any belated attempt by the government to deal with the bloated public sector pitching it against a feisty labour. I worry about regime stability in the coming months, and I do not envy the next team.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/buhari-vs-jonathan-beyond-election-charles-soludo/amp/

Okonjo Iweala words:
Brace for tougher times ahead, Okonjo-Iweala tells Nigerians
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.premiumtimesng.com/business/171145-brace-tougher-times-ahead-okonjo-iweala-tells-nigerians.html/amp

Even when FFK had his brain intact, he said:

The difference is that under Obasanjo it was ”save, save, save” whilst under Yar’adua and later Jonathan it has been ”spend, spend, spend’. Yet if they insist on spending the question is what do they have to show for such high expenditure and what has this cost the Nigerian people in real terms.
The Federal Government saved nothing for a rainy day and instead chose to just spend all the money.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/face-off-ezekwesili-jonathan-and-the-67b-question-by-fani-kayode/amp/

"Over 20 billion dollars unremitted to federation account, Nigeria economy will crumble if nothing is done..." - HRH, Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi.

Tough days were lurking around before GEJ left Aso office. The warnings were there but our ineffective buffon did nothing to avert the doom. You should thank Baba for bringing the country back on her feet again within the period of a year.

Read some piece http://saharareporters.com/2016/08/29/nigerian-bingos-and-buhari-peter-claver-oparah

chernest2002:
On bokoharam and security, Apc is only trying to cover the media with all their treat against press freedom, I heard one and two senators from bauchi and taraba on how the people are being killed and told not to speak out,

Provide evidence to your claims instead of making things up. How rampart is bombing now conpare to when GEJ was in power?

Boko haram took over more than 21 lga, bigger than the sizs of Belgium, but today, those territory have been overtaken by the Government.

How many coordinated attacked on military formation, barracks and school have you heard recently?

Did PDP returned the chibok girls? Give kudos to the people general for bringing back the girls PDP cannot protect.

Boko haram was spreading all over north and into north central. Abuja was not exempted. But today, they are ragtards and cowards who are on the run.

chernest2002:
your agriculture claims, how much is a bag of rice,beans ect.

The government was subsidizing imported rice. That single action killed local industries and thrown job opportunities to foreigners. Before GEJ left, bag of rice cost ₦12000. And today, it cost ₦15000. The joy here is that Nigeria is producing rice, through which many are been employed and many mouth can feed. Rice mill is also springing up here and there. It is a sign that the turn is in favor of Nigerians on the long run. As production increases, price will fall. The most important thing is we are looking inward for our food.

chernest2002:
The contractors that went back to work are the ones buhari stopped work after 2015 elections claiming he wants to review the contract, e.g. second Niger bridge.

Ohhhhhhhhhh. You have lost the memory of when construction collapse in Nigeria because GEJ couldn't pay money owed to the construction companies. You have forgotten how Buhari paid those debts and ordered them to return on site. You have forgotten that the second Nigeria bridge was built and commissioned on paper by GEJ. You have soon forgotten Buhari is making some progress on the said bridge. At present, that bridge is 46% completed and work is ongoing. You my dear have short memory.

Buhari was very right to review the contract handled to those companies. He is not a drunkard that just throw money around. Cost of construction, arrears and debt must be evaluated before work can continue. That is what a serious government do.

chernest2002:
our currency was below 250 before handover, today dollars is 365.

How much was naira to dollar before GEJ came to power? How much is it when he left?

chernest2002:
petrol was 85 with subsidies and without scarcity, today we 145 with subsidies and scarcity.

Petrol was sold at ₦65 before GEJ took over and he left the price at ₦87 with incessant scarcity coupled with subsidy scam.

Petrol is sold today because it is partly deregulated. I for one, I am clamouring for full deregulation where demand and supply will determine price.

chernest2002:
My dear give buhari 30 years to rule he will never bring any positive change.

In three years, he has achieved more than all the PDP presidents combined. You are only blinded from seeing his successes.

chernest2002:
He is too old for this job,

What has age got to do with leadership? How old is Trump? How old was Ghandi when he ruled India?

chernest2002:
lai Mohammed told Nigerians that revealing the president hospital bill is a treat to national security. Over one hundred and eighty days out of office who was in charge?

We had acting president Osinbajo when Buhari was away. Buhari properly handled over to his deputy before embarking on any trip abroad. That is how democracy work.

chernest2002:
Buhari is not doing Nigeria any good knowing that he is old and weak to carry on the duties he is being paid for ,in a sane society he will humbly quite the job.

This is baseless. How old is your family head? 10? 20? 30? Why haven't you relieve your family head from leading your family because he is old and weak or close to death?

Buhari is working, you should stop making noise to make him remain focus.

chernest2002:
Well let him continue because he will never oversee a free and fair election.

If you forget quickly, we never forget. We have not forgotten how PDP clampdown on opposition. We never forget how our election was militarized. We never forget the old days of ballot snatching and day light manipulation. Yar'Adua openly confessed that the election thay brought him into office was rigged. OBJ politics was do or die. Was it not under Buhari we now experience violent free election? Please give kudos to those thay deserve it.

2 Likes

Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by chernest2002: 7:29am On Apr 13, 2018
FOLYKAZE:

My good friend, you should have pointed out anything that you observed in my previous post that is wrong. I hold a strong believe that you cannot counter and debunk any of my ground up there.

Recession was inevitable. We didn't arrive at recession overnight. The bad policies of past government was what led us into the horrible economy tragedy. It started from the moment past government couldn't diversify the economy. And the corruption plus wastage of the previous government all contributed to recession. The two economist, Soludo and Sanusi predicted the economic doom. Oby and Okonjo Iweala also trumpted warnings against wastage and inability of GEJ government to save.

In the word of Soludo:
The poor choices made by the current government have mortgaged the future, and the next government would have little room to manoeuvre and would inevitably undertake drastic but painful structural adjustments. Nigerians loathe the term ‘structural adjustment’. With falling real wages and depreciating currency, I can see any belated attempt by the government to deal with the bloated public sector pitching it against a feisty labour. I worry about regime stability in the coming months, and I do not envy the next team.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/buhari-vs-jonathan-beyond-election-charles-soludo/amp/

Okonjo Iweala words:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.premiumtimesng.com/business/171145-brace-tougher-times-ahead-okonjo-iweala-tells-nigerians.html/amp

The difference is that under Obasanjo it was ”save, save, save” whilst under Yar’adua and later Jonathan it has been ”spend, spend, spend’. Yet if they insist on spending the question is what do they have to show for such high expenditure and what has this cost the Nigerian people in real terms.
The Federal Government saved nothing for a rainy day and instead chose to just spend all the money.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/face-off-ezekwesili-jonathan-and-the-67b-question-by-fani-kayode/amp/

"Over 20 billion dollars unremitted to federation account, Nigeria economy will crumble if nothing is done..." - HRH, Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi.

Tough days were lurking around before GEJ left Aso office. The warnings were there but our ineffective buffon did nothing to avert the doom. You should thank Baba for bringing the country back on her feet again within the period of a year.

Read some piece http://saharareporters.com/2016/08/29/nigerian-bingos-and-buhari-peter-claver-oparah

Provide evidence to your claims instead of making things up. How rampart is bombing now conpare to when GEJ was in power?

Boko haram took over more than 21 lga, bigger than the sizs of Belgium, but today, those territory have been overtaken by the Government.

How many coordinated attacked on military formation, barracks and school have you heard recently?

Did PDP returned the chibok girls? Give kudos to the people general for bringing back the girls PDP cannot protect.

Boko haram was spreading all over north and into north central. Abuja was not exempted. But today, they are ragtards and cowards who are on the run.

The government was subsidizing imported rice. That single action killed local industries and thrown job opportunities to foreigners. Before GEJ left, bag of rice cost ₦12000. And today, it cost ₦15000. The joy here is that Nigeria is producing rice, through which many are been employed and many mouth can feed. Rice mill is also springing up here and there. It is a sign that the turn is in favor of Nigerians on the long run. As production increases, price will fall. The most important thing is we are looking inward for our food.

Ohhhhhhhhhh. You have lost the memory of when construction collapse in Nigeria because GEJ couldn't pay money owed to the construction companies. You have forgotten how Buhari paid those debts and ordered them to return on site. You have forgotten that the second Nigeria bridge was built and commissioned on paper by GEJ. You have soon forgotten Buhari is making some progress on the said bridge. At present, that bridge is 46% completed and work is ongoing. You my dear have short memory.

Buhari was very right to review the contract handled to those companies. He is not a drunkard that just throw money around. Cost of construction, arrears and debt must be evaluated before work can continue. That is what a serious government do.

How much was naira to dollar before GEJ came to power? How much is it when he left?

Petrol was sold at ₦65 before GEJ took over and he left the price at ₦87 with incessant scarcity coupled with subsidy scam.

Petrol is sold today because it is partly deregulated. I for one, I am clamouring for full deregulation where demand and supply will determine price.

In three years, he has achieved more than all the PDP presidents combined. You are only blinded from seeing his successes.

What has age got to do with leadership? How old is Trump? How old was Ghandi when he ruled India?

We had acting president Osinbajo when Buhari was away. Buhari properly handled over to his deputy before embarking on any trip abroad. That is how democracy work.

This is baseless. How old is your family head? 10? 20? 30? Why haven't you relieve your family head from leading your family because he is old and weak or close to death?

If you forget quickly, we never forget. We have not forgotten how PDP clampdown on opposition. We never forget how our election was militarized. We never forget the old days of ballot snatching and day light manipulation. Yar'Adua openly confessed that the election thay brought him into office was rigged. OBJ politics was do or die. Was it not under Buhari we now experience violent free election? Please give kudos to those thay deserve it.
Are you Femi Adeshina? Because you defend this buhari with many lies like Adeshina, well if buhari will allow free and fair election let Nigerians be the judge, but you are now telling me how obj , yaradua rigged their elections meaning buhari will do the same. And what change is he making if he do like them? I don't want to continue this debate because it won't change you. Bill gates said something recently against our standard of living. But good luck to you, buhari, myself and Nigeria.
Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by DeepSight(m): 4:17pm On Apr 16, 2018
FOLYKAZE:

In the word of Soludo:

Okonjo Iweala words:

You are obviously mad.

1 Like

Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by Okoroawusa: 8:00pm On Apr 16, 2018
DeepSight:

You are obviously mad.
See wetin ur mate write then see wetin u write

So much for your sanity!
Re: Should Nigerians Vote PDP Again? by DeepSight(m): 9:18pm On Apr 16, 2018
Okoroawusa:

See wetin ur mate write then see wetin u write

So much for your sanity!

Got nothing to prove to you bro.
Anyone who writes some of what that fella wrote is obviously insane.

The last three years have been better than the achievements of the OBJ years?
You obviously also belong in an asylum bro.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Is The Man Nigerians Should Hold Responsible For Cjn Suspension Nt Buhari / Nigeria VS New York city 2019 Budget, See The Huge Gap / What A Popular Buhari Supporter Said About Abba Kyari's Burial (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.