Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand (17047 Views)

OBD 2 Car Diagnostic Scanner For Car Owners And Car Seller. / I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car / I Parked My Car, Went Into The Bank And This Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand by autojosh: 6:21am On Apr 12, 2018
We all know that the only thing that is constant in life is change. As time goes, a lot of things in the world change. The automobile world isn’t left out in these changes. A lot of changes have occurred. Kids of today won’t understand how difficult these two things were for the kids those days.

1. Window crank handle:

Kids of nowadays don’t know what we went through just to roll the car windows up or down. Even to play with them was tiring because it will likely consume all your energy. Today, technology has made it easy; the electric window is here. Just hit on a button and the work is done. That’s what gives them the guts to always play with the windows anyhow.

2. Car Cassette tapes:

Back in those days, we had nothing like the USB or CD to play music from. We only had this cassette tapes. We couldn’t easily choose our hit tracks or even shuffle tracks as we can easily do today. Today’s kids don’t know the struggle of having to wind the cassette film with a pencil when it became unraveled.

Most annoyingly, the tape can get intertwined along the way. It was really a tough job fixing it.
Kids of today will just use AUX cable to directly play their ‘Manya‘ by Wizkid from their phone. Who born you to get phone those days.

You can add yours using the comment section.

https://autojosh.com/52829-2/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand by eezeribe(m): 6:23am On Apr 12, 2018
That is what it is supposed to be.Mr autojosh,there are so many other 'struggles' that the generation before you went through,which you and your own generation(who are also kids relative to them) won't understand...
For example,the generation before you didn't have a 'Nairaland' to express or showcase their thoughts on a particular area of life;they had to depend on letter writing and publishing articles on national dailies in hard copies,which was very expensive back then.if you were born in that generation,you would have still been in the village using mud or wood to make toy cars,as a way of expressing your love for automobiles.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand by jerrybakermillz(m): 6:55am On Apr 12, 2018
Hmmm....rolling of car window that year can give you muscle and it was fun with the tape cassette thoug

Beside the referee kill the match between Juv vs Madrid, he should have let the game go to extra time ....That wasn't a penalty

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand by Nobody: 6:56am On Apr 12, 2018
Ok

1 Like

Re: 2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand by subchris(m): 6:56am On Apr 12, 2018
ftp ko o
Re: 2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand by bobo65(m): 6:56am On Apr 12, 2018
Guess I'm old now grin

I remember removing almost all d thread in the tap and recoiling it with my biro so it could play wellgrin

BTW, I still c this type of winder in lagos o

3 Likes

Re: 2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand by Nobody: 6:56am On Apr 12, 2018
indomie generation won't understand grin

6 Likes

Re: 2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand by helphelp: 6:57am On Apr 12, 2018
Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand by bejeria101(m): 6:57am On Apr 12, 2018
I was a cassette tape surgeon lol don't know how I got the knowledge I was good lol

13 Likes

Re: 2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand by colossus91(m): 6:58am On Apr 12, 2018
eezeribe:
That is what it is supposed to be.Mr autojosh,there are so many other 'struggles' that the generation before you went through,which you and your own generation(who are also kids relative to them) won't understand...
For example,the generation before you didn't have a 'Nairaland' to express or showcase their thoughts on a particular area of life;they had to depend on letter writing and publishing articles on national dailies in hard copies,which was very expensive back then.if you were born in that generation,you would have still been in the village using mud or wood to make toy cars,as a way of expressing your love for automobiles.
Lol I made cars with Dunlop slippers ooo ahahaha

1 Like

Re: 2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand by dgr8truth(m): 6:58am On Apr 12, 2018
Re: 2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand by Nobody: 6:58am On Apr 12, 2018
Pushing a car to get the engine started.

6 Likes

Re: 2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand by Nobody: 6:58am On Apr 12, 2018
Lol.

Re: 2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand by Tunasco4u(m): 6:58am On Apr 12, 2018
grin grin
Re: 2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand by veacea: 6:58am On Apr 12, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: 2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand by ken19: 6:58am On Apr 12, 2018
only two? @ OP

4 Likes

Re: 2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand by Adamsfelix009: 6:59am On Apr 12, 2018
Nice
Re: 2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand by WebSurfer(m): 7:00am On Apr 12, 2018
grin
Re: 2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand by ibkgab001: 7:00am On Apr 12, 2018
Yes ooooo

And now the order cab from the bed while we fight at the bus stop then to get to our destinations
Re: 2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand by jojomario(m): 7:00am On Apr 12, 2018
Coming out of the car to open the car booth.

7 Likes

Re: 2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand by Flexherbal(m): 7:00am On Apr 12, 2018
How time flies !
Re: 2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand by calddon(m): 7:00am On Apr 12, 2018
Children nowadays know no fun, all of them are glued to them plastic toys with screen.

3 Likes

Re: 2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand by talk2percy(m): 7:01am On Apr 12, 2018
I remember those days when there was nothing like indomie and even going to school with a lunch bag...I remember when there was nothing like a text message when we must start our letters with Dittomatically and if so doxology!

10 Likes

Re: 2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand by apeleone(f): 7:02am On Apr 12, 2018
Time has happened to most things used in the past
Re: 2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand by ruggedmallaam(m): 7:04am On Apr 12, 2018
I simply can’t understand why mostRonaldofans and messi fans feel the need to throw the other one under the bus. HailRonaldo, but don’t criticise Messi. Hail messi, but don’t crucifyRonaldowhile you’re at it. I think both players have done enough to earn our respect. Simple

1 Like

Re: 2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand by GoodinPurple: 7:05am On Apr 12, 2018
I still have some old tapes I am saving for the future.
My kids needs to see what we passed through when we were younger.

3 Likes

Re: 2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand by princemillla(m): 7:05am On Apr 12, 2018
It's faster is u insert ur pencil n flip it

No rewind on the radio system, all u do is quickly eject n recoil

Once it cut off, u can easily gum with white tap or cook grain of rice grin

Life Is boring these days, i enjoyed it in the old days

Days I dont care wether one president is good or bad

I dont av to bother wether a road is good or not

I missed old good days cry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand by OgahBohz: 7:08am On Apr 12, 2018
d only play that I love more than anything was ...

let's play dady n Mumy ....

once I hear those words ehn ...

even person way win 50mill bet9ja can't be happier ...

l finger enough kpekus dt year mhennn
Re: 2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand by Obierika(m): 7:09am On Apr 12, 2018
It's called technological develipment
Re: 2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand by Fixed: 7:09am On Apr 12, 2018
AmiciLord:
Pushing a car to get the engine started.
So they no longer push car to get the engine started in this generation?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand by Nigeman: 7:11am On Apr 12, 2018
Nonsense headline

1 Like

Re: 2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand by hamid6249: 7:12am On Apr 12, 2018
instead of us to be thinking of how to send the old man to back daura ......you re coming up with this useless talks #buharimustgo

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is An "Idle Relearn Procedure"? / Ladies What Is The Longest Distance You Have Driven A Car? / Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.