Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Nigeria Will Never Work! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Will Never Work! (498 Views)

Why Biafra Will Never Work. / "Nigeria Will Soon Be The Envy Of The World" - VP Osinbajo / Reasons Why I Can Never Work With Tinubu - Bode George (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Will Never Work! by desmond2pk: 6:41am On Apr 12, 2018
Recently I 've seen some young men coming out to indicate their interests in being the president of this country come 2019.
What i don't know is if they are trying to fool themselves or fool others. You can't win the presidency in Nigeria without being affiliated to a major party which has governors and senators under its wings.
Ideology can not win election in Nigeria. Claiming that you are young can not win election in Nigeria.
You have to sound like buhari. You have to be divisive because the British cursed Nigeria with divisiveness before they left Nigeria out of frustration. You have to enter a church or a mosque to pick a Christian or a Muslim as your running mate. Nigerians don't listen to ideology or look at age. I remember my neighbor who was a member of redeemed church of God, immediately switched his support cover to buhari immediately buhari picked a pastor in redeemed as his running mate. Nigerians see in tribes and religion color during election. That's how the british made it when they advised obafemi awolowo and his northern counterpart to form regional parties, Action group and northern Nigeria party for the Yorubas and for the northern Nigeria, to counter zik's NCNC.
So Nigeria was created with divisive DNA in her blood. EVery country today is making progress but Nigeria. We are not interested in making progress but in hurting each others. We are happy when another tribe is hurt. The fulanis are going around killing innocent villagers with government support, because the president and his appointees are fulanis. The fulanis want it to continue. The Muslims yorubas who somehow is supporting the president want it to continue. They will call you name when you speak against the killing.
Nobody is interested in ideology. The ruling party has not set target for its president to stop the killing. They are only interested in winning election. Nigerians are being killed in their homes and farms. But pls, don't talk about it or you will zoned to the enemies of buhari. Yes. That's how bad things have become in 2018.
The Nigeria I know. The Nigeria I have read her history. The Nigeria that I am seeing today will never work. It is not our fault. It's a mistake or not, from the british. It's like a bad product, an adulterated milk. It will never be good any more. It is bad and It is bad forever.
Our politicians know this. They work in Nigeria for money and rest in Europe and American. They all have dual citizenship. Their kids school overseas. They only come back to try if they can continue from where their parents stopped.
My brothers and sisters , Nigeria will never work. If we chose to remain like this, it means in the next 30 years our politicians will still be commissioning borehole. And Nigerians will still be living in darkness. Yes, because our politics was not based on ideologies but regionalism.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Never Work! by trillville(m): 7:07am On Apr 12, 2018
The biggest division between Nigerians is not tribe or religion but wealth. About 10 percent of our population controls 90 percent of our wealth. Our people are getting poorer everyday. Our population is noW estimated at over 190 million people which is clearly unsustainable. Only quality basic education across the whole country can save this country from demographic collapse.

Unfortunately, I read on a daily basis Nigerians youths attacking IPOB and the Igbos, who only want a better deal for their people. I read youths calling Yorubas afonja( whatever this means). Are we such a confused and stupid people? Can't we just focus and fight for a common worthy cause?

The old men still want to use religion and tribalism to divide us while they gather all of the nations wealth. Are we too dull to realise this?

2019 is an incredible opportunity. For the first time since 2003, the core northern vote would most likely be divided since Buhari has been demystified. Personally, I feel Nigerians should not reward failure by re-electing the president. Seeing this opportunity, any credible southern candidate can easily win this election so far the South East and the South West can vote together. In 2003, 2007 and 2011 the south voted together. Why can't the south vote together again?

As for having a younger politician, any candidate that gains enough popularity would receive support from the old guards. Obasanjo, IBB, abdulsalam and even GEJ may throw in their support at the right time. Even if a young politician loses the election but gets a high number of votes, the older generation would be forced to take our issues more seriously. It is a win-win situation for us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Never Work! by Kingpee2(m): 7:49am On Apr 12, 2018
Stop deceiving yourselves,Only old folks are allowed into Nigeria politics ,anything aside from that just forget it;can you do the stupid fetish things they do .You think power and fame is just one easy commodity,these men are devils in human body,Bible refers to them as rulers of the earth .....
Re: Nigeria Will Never Work! by trillville(m): 8:11am On Apr 12, 2018
Kingpee2:
Stop deceiving yourselves,Only old folks are allowed into Nigeria politics ,anything aside from that just forget it;can you do the stupid fetish things they do .You think power and fame is just one easy commodity,these men are devils in human body,Bible refers to them as rulers of the earth .....

How old is Sowore? 47 years

How old is Fasau? 46 or 47

How old is Durotoye? At least 45.

These are not boys but men. Our president is 75. He was head of state at 41. All we are saying is generational shift.

As for your fetish concerns, there is no god greater than the Almighty. Even without praying to Him, what He says will be, will be. He is the beginning and the end, the Almighty that whoever puts his/her trust in Him shall find comfort. Leave the spiritual matter to God Almighty.

God did not remove power from PDP by mistake. He did not bring Buhari into power the only times in Nigerias history that recessions were eminent. He is in control of our destiny. All you need to do is support a youthful candidate. Shikena

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Never Work! by Oxalic(m): 10:06am On Apr 12, 2018
All that is needed is a united South in alliance with some parts of the MB.
And the old cargo will be sent packing out of Aso Rock.
Those singing his praises should prepare for the greatest shock of their lives.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Never Work! by Oxalic(m): 10:09am On Apr 12, 2018
trillville:

How old is Sowore? 47 years

How old is Fasau? 46 or 47

How old is Durotoye? At least 45.

These are not boys but men. Our president is 75. He was head of state at 41. All we are saying is generational shift.

As for your fetish concerns, there is no god greater than the Almighty. Even without praying to Him, what He says will be, will be. He is the beginning and the end, the Almighty that whoever puts his/her trust in Him shall find comfort. Leave the spiritual matter to God Almighty.

God did not remove power from PDP by mistake. He did not bring Buhari into power the only times in Nigerias history that recessions were eminent. He is in control of our destiny. All you need to do is support a youthful candidate. Shikena

Good comment!

I like your faith.

Indeed, The Almighty is the Creator of the universe. And all power belongs to Him.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Never Work! by Oxalic(m): 10:14am On Apr 12, 2018
Anybody here with updates on the Hand Shakes Across the Niger?

The North were completely rattled by this initiative. It should be sustained.

Please, SE, SS and SW should unite no matter what, and court some parts of MB into an alliance. We have to get it right next year.
Re: Nigeria Will Never Work! by trillville(m): 10:16am On Apr 12, 2018
Oxalic:

Good comment!

I like your faith.

Indeed, The Almighty is the Creator of the universe. And all power belongs to Him.

How old was Joseph ( Yusuf ) when the Almighty made him governor of Egypt? 32. Tribalism did not affect him. Lack of major party did not affect him. Inexperience in governance did not affect him.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Never Work! by Oxalic(m): 10:19am On Apr 12, 2018
trillville:

How old was Joseph ( Yusuf ) when the Almighty made him governor of Egypt? 32. Tribalism did not affect him. Lack of major party did not affect him. Inexperience in governance did not affect him.

Exactly!!!

You are very correct!

The problem with most youth is lack of faith. Negative thinking is bad.
Re: Nigeria Will Never Work! by jhadu: 11:13am On Apr 12, 2018
In democracy one man can never change the system. We need people with similar ideology to move the country forward in every corner of power (presidency, judiciary, senate, house of rep, governor, state house, local government, counselors even in the ministries etc.) which can lead to building strong institutions. If not nothing will continue to happen, we shall keep complaining for eternity.

I rest my case.

(1) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Regains Freedom / Boko Haram: What US Govt Said About Mubi Attack / South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.