Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Nairaland Mods, Are You Guys Paid By Affiliate Marketers? CC: Seun - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nairaland Mods, Are You Guys Paid By Affiliate Marketers? CC: Seun (677 Views)

CBN: N50 POS Charge To Be Paid By Businesses Not Customers / The Many Faces Of Bank Charges Paid By Nigerians / How To Easily Earn By Affiliate Marketing From Clickbank. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Mods, Are You Guys Paid By Affiliate Marketers? CC: Seun by databoy247(m): 6:31pm On Apr 12, 2018
Seun,

I have come to notice that any thread created by some set of persons (the likes of Ugojibaby, importexport, etc) on online business which ALWAYS ends with affiliate marketing is ALWAYS hitting front page. But I believe these monikers are being used by importexport.

Meanwhile, more educative and trendy topics barely see the light of day.

Is the business section of Nairaland now a den for affiliate marketing? They all claim they make money from it yet somehow convince the mods to keep pushing their posts to front page so they can sell eBooks. Or maybe the person doing this is actually a mod.

I make money from what I do online so I don't need to sell eBooks. Maybe the mods here are now as corrupt as the Nigerian police.

I'll advice everyone not to fall for these affiliate marketing scam.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Mods, Are You Guys Paid By Affiliate Marketers? CC: Seun by edmaraja: 6:44pm On Apr 12, 2018
Is it today you noticed that nairaland mods are corrupt and biased? They can't even get over their primordial tribal and religious sentiments not to talk of business interests. Bunch of little minds that can't rise above the fray and maintain their integrity

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Mods, Are You Guys Paid By Affiliate Marketers? CC: Seun by Katier00(f): 6:56pm On Apr 12, 2018
I noticed it too but it is better they push the affiliate marketing stuff to front page than bbnaija
Re: Nairaland Mods, Are You Guys Paid By Affiliate Marketers? CC: Seun by czarina(f): 8:01pm On Apr 12, 2018
Didn't observe that today. Subtle way of advertising and maybe for a lesser pay bribe. It has always been done and will continue while Seun turns a blind eye. I'm on sites like Quora and I just feel sorry for us. You want to grow? Then run things right not through double standards. If you feel or observe anyone playing some shady games on their jobs then discard them right away. Don't go 'Nigerian' if you ever desire a lasting and quality brand.
P. S, aside Nairaland being littered with biased mods who may very well be running the e-book cartel (I dunno how people fall for that, it's simple logic, if you're really basking in money earned online you'd never leave your precious dollar business to hustle for our poor naira through e-book sales. Or are you forbidden to practice what you claim to know? Besides, people who really earn online can barely devote time to selling crappy e-books, staying online forever and replying endless mentions) Also, Nairaland is long overdue for major changes. THIS site is very unappealing. Took me months to understand the works years back as a visitor.
Re: Nairaland Mods, Are You Guys Paid By Affiliate Marketers? CC: Seun by databoy247(m): 10:28pm On Apr 12, 2018
czarina:
Didn't observe that today. Subtle way of advertising and maybe for a lesser pay bribe. It has always been done and will continue while Seun turns a blind eye. I'm on sites like Quora and I just feel sorry for us. You want to grow? Then run things right not through double standards. If you feel or observe anyone playing some shady games on their jobs then discard them right away. Don't go 'Nigerian' if you ever desire a lasting and quality brand.
P. S, aside Nairaland being littered with biased mods who may very well be running the e-book cartel (I dunno how people fall for that, it's simple logic, if you're really basking in money earned online you'd never leave your precious dollar business to hustle for our poor naira through e-book sales. Or are you forbidden to practice what you claim to know? Besides, people who really earn online can barely devote time to selling crappy e-books, staying online forever and replying endless mentions) Also, Nairaland is long overdue for major changes. THIS site is very unappealing. Took me months to understand the works years back as a visitor.

So true. Personally, I've been trying to write an eBook since last year, but I can't get past the first page. Why? I don't have the time.

I know guys who do affiliate marketing, trust me, its not as easy as they portray it to be. These guys barely have the time to renew their personal website hosting.

I really think Seun should intervene on this. Or simply tell us what it costs for our thread (however stupid) to hit front page so we can all sell "ebooks".

How can someone keep recycling same topic everyday and it keeps hitting front page?

Absurd and annoying. angry

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Mods, Are You Guys Paid By Affiliate Marketers? CC: Seun by czarina(f): 11:07pm On Apr 12, 2018
databoy247:

So true. Personally, I've been trying to write an eBook since last year, but I can't get past the first page. Why? I don't have the time.

I know guys who do affiliate marketing, trust me, its not as easy as they portray it to be. These guys barely have the time to renew their personal website hosting.

I really think Seun should intervene on this. Or simply tell us what it costs for our thread (however stupid) to hit front page so we can all sell "ebooks".

How can someone keep recycling same topic everyday and it keeps hitting front page?

Absurd and annoying.
Yea, I love the bolded cheesy
Re: Nairaland Mods, Are You Guys Paid By Affiliate Marketers? CC: Seun by databoy247(m): 6:44am On Apr 13, 2018
Yes na
Re: Nairaland Mods, Are You Guys Paid By Affiliate Marketers? CC: Seun by Grupo(m): 8:35am On Apr 13, 2018
databoy247:
Yes na

I think Seun and the business section mods are working together. They know what they are doing. There was a day that one guy wrote a very powerful post that everyone was commenting on. Several people called the mods to push to front page and yet nothing happened. Few seconds later, one of importexpert's posts made Frontpage.
I expressed my displeasure as the first commentator and would you believe that my post was deleted? Because I said something that was obvious.

I think that Importexpert guy is either a mod or an alternate account for a mod or he is friends with a mod of this section. Whatever it is he is, Seun needs to do something. For goodness sake, people now sniff the useless importexpert's threads on front page and keep away from them. So, what's the essence of pushing them there?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Mods, Are You Guys Paid By Affiliate Marketers? CC: Seun by databoy247(m): 3:48pm On Apr 13, 2018
Hmmm.....

I sincerely hope Seun sees this.
Re: Nairaland Mods, Are You Guys Paid By Affiliate Marketers? CC: Seun by eezeribe(m): 4:28pm On Apr 13, 2018
I have Modified... I was begged to do so.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Automated Targeted Traffic Software / New Abia State Senetor / The Turbulent Journey To Africa’s Second Richest Woman Fortune

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.