Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Are Treasury Bills Rates Likely To Increase Or Decrease In The Next 6 Months? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Are Treasury Bills Rates Likely To Increase Or Decrease In The Next 6 Months? (3027 Views)

How Do I Invest In Treasury Bills In Nigeria? 2019 Guide / Treasury Bills Calculator For Banks (APP) / Why Invest In Treasury Bills When Theres Stanbic's Mutual Funds? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Treasury Bills Rates Likely To Increase Or Decrease In The Next 6 Months? by partnerbiz4: 8:46pm On Apr 12, 2018
Gurus should elucidate on this please..
This is important especially for those who might want to liquidate before maturity.
Tony56
Awesomej
Feeamong

Etc

Re: Are Treasury Bills Rates Likely To Increase Or Decrease In The Next 6 Months? by spiritedtete: 9:16pm On Apr 12, 2018
partnerbiz4:
Gurus should elucidate on this please..

Tony56
Awesomej
Feeamong

Etc

Capital no.

I have been doing Tbills for 3 years now. My friend it is better than taking unnecessary risk in one buying and selling biz.

2 Likes

Re: Are Treasury Bills Rates Likely To Increase Or Decrease In The Next 6 Months? by sholatech(m): 9:24pm On Apr 12, 2018
Can only see the rates going down for the next six months. With increasing oil price leading to more revenues for Government, continous reduction in inflation figures & decision of Government to raise more funds offshore, it sure is going down.
Re: Are Treasury Bills Rates Likely To Increase Or Decrease In The Next 6 Months? by partnerbiz4: 9:41pm On Apr 12, 2018
spiritedtete:

Capital no.

I have been doing Tbills for 3 years now. My friend it is better than taking unnecessary risk in one buying and selling biz.

What are your reasons please and by "no" do you mean rates will increase or decrease?
Re: Are Treasury Bills Rates Likely To Increase Or Decrease In The Next 6 Months? by partnerbiz4: 9:42pm On Apr 12, 2018
sholatech:
Can only see the rates going down for the next six months. With increasing oil price leading to more revenues for Government, continous reduction in inflation figures & decision of Government to raise more funds offshore, it sure is going down.

Bad news! There was more than 18% last year, imagine!

3 Likes

Re: Are Treasury Bills Rates Likely To Increase Or Decrease In The Next 6 Months? by spiritedtete: 7:46am On Apr 13, 2018
partnerbiz4:

What are your reasons please and by "no" do you mean rates will increase or decrease?

No matter how rate decreases it won't go beyond 9% as Nigeria still needs to attract more investors. Another thing is that... before you put your money into Tbills you already know what your percentage will be like.

So let's say you put 1m for 90 days ... once CBN takes the money from your account they drop your percentage immidiatley. So no need to worry over if it will decrease or increase. So you know what you are getting before you put your money.
Re: Are Treasury Bills Rates Likely To Increase Or Decrease In The Next 6 Months? by partnerbiz4: 10:26pm On Apr 13, 2018
spiritedtete:

No matter how rate decreases it won't go beyond 9% as Nigeria still needs to attract more investors. Another thing is that... before you put your money into Tbills you already know what your percentage will be like.

So let's say you put 1m for 90 days ... once CBN takes the money from your account they drop your percentage immidiatley. So no need to worry over if it will decrease or increase. So you know what you are getting before you put your money.

We are bothered because we may terminate before maturity. And if rates increase, we may lose.
Re: Are Treasury Bills Rates Likely To Increase Or Decrease In The Next 6 Months? by partnerbiz4: 12:27pm On Apr 14, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: Are Treasury Bills Rates Likely To Increase Or Decrease In The Next 6 Months? by partnerbiz4: 12:27pm On Apr 14, 2018
lalasticlala abeg
Re: Are Treasury Bills Rates Likely To Increase Or Decrease In The Next 6 Months? by spiritedtete: 10:14pm On Apr 14, 2018
partnerbiz4:

We are bothered because we may terminate before maturity. And if rates increase, we may lose.

What are you terminating before maturity... something that they have giving your percentage before they take the money. That's why 90 days is mostly offered

1 Like

Re: Are Treasury Bills Rates Likely To Increase Or Decrease In The Next 6 Months? by chukzyfcbb: 11:04pm On Apr 14, 2018
For me I think it will slightly increase.
Budget will be signed soon, funds will be disbursed. loans will be seeked. Campaign will soon rise again, govt uncertainty will hit the financial markets (equity esp), It will certainly not hit 18% like it used to but I feel it should touch 15% max.
Re: Are Treasury Bills Rates Likely To Increase Or Decrease In The Next 6 Months? by InfinixMine: 11:07pm On Apr 14, 2018
Somebody please enlighten me... how do I invest in Treasury bill? what are the processes, the risk, the gain, the least amount individual can invest?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Are Treasury Bills Rates Likely To Increase Or Decrease In The Next 6 Months? by BENARI: 11:33pm On Apr 14, 2018
Am considering investing in the treasury bills of other African countries that offer better returns in terms of rare. Has anyone tried that before; and what countries do we know that offers better rates other than Ghana?
Re: Are Treasury Bills Rates Likely To Increase Or Decrease In The Next 6 Months? by ChiefOlabowla(m): 6:50am On Apr 15, 2018
Off course it will. The coming budget is a still a deficit it budget. Total amount 8.612 Trillion (16% higher) higher than the 2017 budget. FG will need to borrow more to fund this budget. And. One of the instruments of debt to the govt is T-Bills. There will be need to make it more attractive do that people will be ready to buy more T-Bills. So expectvsome kind of rise in the interest rates next year.

2 Likes

Re: Are Treasury Bills Rates Likely To Increase Or Decrease In The Next 6 Months? by partnerbiz4: 7:09am On Apr 15, 2018
spiritedtete:

What are you terminating before maturity... something that they have giving your percentage before they take the money. That's why 90 days is mostly offered

90 days with less interest rates
Re: Are Treasury Bills Rates Likely To Increase Or Decrease In The Next 6 Months? by spiritedtete: 7:14am On Apr 15, 2018
partnerbiz4:

90 days with less interest rates

Tbills rates are fixed... this is not fix deposit

It's usually every 90days

1 Like

Re: Are Treasury Bills Rates Likely To Increase Or Decrease In The Next 6 Months? by partnerbiz4: 7:17am On Apr 15, 2018
spiritedtete:

Tbills rates are fixed... this is not fix deposit
It's usually every 90days
No sir.
The higher the tenure the higher the rates.
eg 90 days may have 10%
364 days 12%
Re: Are Treasury Bills Rates Likely To Increase Or Decrease In The Next 6 Months? by spiritedtete: 11:26am On Apr 15, 2018
partnerbiz4:

No sir.

The higher the tenure the higher the rates.

eg 90 days may have 10%

364 days 12%

Bros Tbills is doing 14% at the moment and I have been doing this for 3 to 4 years now sir

Go to your bank for more insights...

1 Like

Re: Are Treasury Bills Rates Likely To Increase Or Decrease In The Next 6 Months? by partnerbiz4: 12:40pm On Apr 15, 2018
spiritedtete:

Bros Tbills is doing 14% at the moment for my 90% and I have been doing this floor 3 to 4 years now sir

Go to your bank for more insights...

Seems you have not caught my drift.

You asked why I would go for long tenure if I knew I might want to terminate later.
You advised that I go for 90 days.
I now replied that long tenure attracts better rates. This a settled fact sir.
Re: Are Treasury Bills Rates Likely To Increase Or Decrease In The Next 6 Months? by partnerbiz4: 5:36pm On Apr 15, 2018
lalasticlala please
Re: Are Treasury Bills Rates Likely To Increase Or Decrease In The Next 6 Months? by padamz07(m): 5:44am On Apr 16, 2018
Just hearing about this T bills for the first time ,pls how does a newbie get to begin , what are the procedures and requirements, advantages and disadvantages ...really need to know ,your response would be much appreciated ����
Re: Are Treasury Bills Rates Likely To Increase Or Decrease In The Next 6 Months? by partnerbiz4: 7:53pm On Apr 17, 2018
Lalasticlala pls
Mynd44
Re: Are Treasury Bills Rates Likely To Increase Or Decrease In The Next 6 Months? by speedyconnect3: 12:10pm On Apr 22, 2018
Following
Re: Are Treasury Bills Rates Likely To Increase Or Decrease In The Next 6 Months? by hilaryxoxo(f): 12:31pm On Apr 22, 2018
Re: Are Treasury Bills Rates Likely To Increase Or Decrease In The Next 6 Months? by dotcomnamename: 3:37pm On Apr 22, 2018
spiritedtete:

Capital no.

God bless you kiss
Re: Are Treasury Bills Rates Likely To Increase Or Decrease In The Next 6 Months? by partnerbiz4: 7:15pm On Jun 03, 2018
What about now.?

lalasticlala
Re: Are Treasury Bills Rates Likely To Increase Or Decrease In The Next 6 Months? by Fxmanager(m): 4:27am On Jun 04, 2018
sholatech:
Very true
Re: Are Treasury Bills Rates Likely To Increase Or Decrease In The Next 6 Months? by Fxmanager(m): 4:33am On Jun 04, 2018
hilaryxoxo:

I see rates doing down for a couple of reasons.
1. A reduction in fiscal paper supply by the CBN. recent trends in Bond and PMA auction reveal a reduction in fiscal paper supply. This is in line with the monetary authorities strategy to reduce domestic debt and take advantage of external debt with relatively cheaper borrowing cost.

2. The CBN has been guiding rates lower amid the recent downtrend in inflation rate... Well ahead of the rate cut that the market is expecting to happen before H2.

But the good news is that rates would begin to pick up by Q3, Q4 due to election risks.
Correct analysis
Re: Are Treasury Bills Rates Likely To Increase Or Decrease In The Next 6 Months? by Fxmanager(m): 5:00am On Jun 04, 2018
dotcomnamename:

God bless you kiss
Current inflation rate is 12.5%. If the interest on your Treasury bill is the same or less than the inflation rate, do you know that you are loosing your purchasing power.

Why don't you check our profile signature for a better alternative. Our target is an average monthly return of 10%+ to investors after performance fees. Our currency portfolio management is set up under a Government's licensed, regulated, monitored and audited broker. You are free to follow our trading performance, which is verified by a third party website myfxbook, until when you are convinced and confident about investing with us. Visit our website in our profile signature for details. Thanks for following, as we are only here to help.
Re: Are Treasury Bills Rates Likely To Increase Or Decrease In The Next 6 Months? by partnerbiz4: 8:56am On Jun 07, 2018
I really need more input please..
Re: Are Treasury Bills Rates Likely To Increase Or Decrease In The Next 6 Months? by dotcomnamename: 5:23pm On Jun 18, 2018
Fxmanager:
Current inflation rate is 12.5%. If the interest on your Treasury bill is the same or less than the inflation rate, do you know that you are loosing your purchasing power.

Why don't you check our profile signature for a better alternative. Our target is an average monthly return of 10%+ to investors after performance fees. Our currency portfolio management is set up under a Government's licensed, regulated, monitored and audited broker. You are free to follow our trading performance, which is verified by a third party website myfxbook, until when you are convinced and confident about investing with us. Visit our website in our profile signature for details. Thanks for following, as we are only here to help.

Keep Dreaming
Re: Are Treasury Bills Rates Likely To Increase Or Decrease In The Next 6 Months? by partnerbiz4: 7:32am On Jun 24, 2018
Budget has been passed. What's next?

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is How I'm Making #400 Daily On This Secret Website. For Real Guys! / ` / Get Your Dream Website Designed By Our Team At Affordable Rate!!! Hurry Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.