Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,320 members, 7,860,769 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:57 PM

Once Saved Always Saved? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Once Saved Always Saved? (1867 Views)

Is Once Saved, Always Saved Biblical? Prince Gabriel Okocha / Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin / "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Once Saved Always Saved? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Apr 13, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Brother, I don't even believe that someone who has tasted the sweetness of the Spirit of Jesus will denounce Christ...
Yeah .. sure.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved? by paxonel(m): 6:42am On Apr 14, 2018
hypnotic:
okay, the Holy Spirit comes when you ask, it is not automatic
Yes!
when you assuming you were a non christian like Muslim or practicing any other religion apart from christianity begin to request that you want to join christianity, at that point you are requesting for the holy spirit. That means, the holy spirit is not automatic, you must request for it first just like many instances in the bible people were converted.

But in a case where you were already a christian or brought up from childhood a christian like many redeem members where brought up, to say they all have the holy spirit automatically is under statement.
They are the holy spirit themselves because Christ was already in them long before they started attending redeem, but they didn't know.
And pastor adeboye will never tell them this truth because he is benefiting financially from their ignorance.

The holy spirit is Christ in the believer,
It is your faith or religion christianity.
A scripture says without faith it is impossible please God.
You must believe in Christ and not Mohammed or whatever.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved? by paxonel(m): 7:01am On Apr 14, 2018
trapQ:
Bla bla bla bla bla.

Dude, learn to speak with facts. By facts here I mean Bible verses. Stop the long sermon and drop verses supporting your claims, otherwise you're just saying things.
OK,
I want to give you scripture now.
church that does not believe that once saved is always saved is not church, it is money making business.
Why?
Because christians that believe that, there are christians who are not saved will always go back to church in order to purify themselves by pastors or priests which is very wrong.
Meanwhile, the scripture says in John 1:12

John1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

You have already believed and received him and that was once.
He gave you power to become saved and that was once .

This is not hard to understand.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved? by hypnotic(m): 8:34am On Apr 14, 2018
Heal yourself abeg
paxonel:

Yes!
when you assuming you were a non christian like Muslim or practicing any other religion apart from christianity begin to request that you want to join christianity, at that point you are requesting for the holy spirit. That means, the holy spirit is not automatic, you must request for it first just like many instances in the bible people were converted.

But in a case where you were already a christian or brought up from childhood a christian like many redeem members where brought up, to say they all have the holy spirit automatically is under statement.
They are the holy spirit themselves because Christ was already in them long before they started attending redeem, but they didn't know.
And pastor adeboye will never tell them this truth because he is benefiting financially from their ignorance.

The holy spirit is Christ in the believer,
It is your faith or religion christianity.
A scripture says without faith it is impossible please God.
You must believe in Christ and not Mohammed or whatever.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved? by trapQ: 8:44am On Apr 14, 2018
You're not talking to a novice. Post verses that imply that a Christian can never lose their salvation despite perpetually living and indulging in sin.
paxonel:

OK,
I want to give you scripture now.
church that does not believe that once saved is always saved is not church, it is money making business.
Why?
Because christians that believe that, there are christians who are not saved will always go back to church in order to purify themselves by pastors or priests which is very wrong.
Meanwhile, the scripture says in John 1:12

John1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

You have already believed and received him and that was once.
He gave you power to become saved and that was once .

This is not hard to understand.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved? by trapQ: 8:46am On Apr 14, 2018
How does that verse substantiate your claims? How does that verse translate to a sinner never losing their salvation despite living in sin?
bloodofthelamb:

Have it. Romans 5:17- For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the GIFT of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ...

Re: Once Saved Always Saved? by paxonel(m): 4:21pm On Apr 14, 2018
trapQ:
You're not talking to a novice. Post verses that imply that a Christian can never lose their salvation despite perpetually living and indulging in sin.
Mteeeeeew!!! I thought i was talking to human being grin.

This one is typical of Pharisees asking Jesus show me sign from heaven.

My guy, no verses for you, get lost grin grin
Re: Once Saved Always Saved? by paxonel(m): 4:23pm On Apr 14, 2018
hypnotic:
Heal yourself abeg
is that all you can saying? grin
Anyway, i never expected anything less from people that think bible is that easy to understand. They don't have any argument
Re: Once Saved Always Saved? by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:35pm On Apr 14, 2018
trapQ:
How does that verse substantiate your claims? How does that verse translate to a sinner never losing their salvation despite living in sin?

You said it is not written that righteousness is a gift then I showed you were it is. Now you have jump to a whole new chapter.

Before I address this. Do you now believe that righteousness and holiness is a precious gift from GOD to mankind?
Re: Once Saved Always Saved? by hypnotic(m): 10:15pm On Apr 14, 2018
i am not here to argue but give counsel. Bible is easy to understand, ask the Holy Spirit, it is his book, he will teach you. Besides do not debase any pastor (because you do not know the spiritual cover the pastor has no matter how "small" the pastor might be) or else you might find out that unbelievers are living better lives than you because you have used your mouth to open yourself to curse you could have avoided; thus heal yourself
paxonel:
is that all you can saying? grin
Anyway, i never expected anything less from people that think bible is that easy to understand. They don't have any argument
Re: Once Saved Always Saved? by paxonel(m): 6:16am On Apr 15, 2018
hypnotic:
i am not here to argue but give counsel.
then you should have gone straight to counsel rather than to putting up that crap you did.

Bible is easy to understand, ask the Holy Spirit, it is his book, he will teach you. Besides do not debase any pastor (because you do not know the spiritual cover the pastor has no matter how "small" the pastor might be) or else you might find out that unbelievers are living better lives than you because you have used your mouth to open yourself to curse you could have avoided; thus heal yourself
grin grin grin
You know, you cannot counsel anything in christianity except you have scriptural back up.
Can you back up what you have just said about pastors and curses using scriptures?

Anyway, read my post again. no church have the power to impose their beliefs on anyone.
Your faith as a christian is what justifies you, that justification is eternal,which is very scriptural and very correct, Once saved is always saved
So, i don't know where your healing counsel is coming from?

If you did not understand what I meant, may be you are the one that needs the healing, cos you had the option of not commenting at all.

Mr councellor grin
Re: Once Saved Always Saved? by boldx(m): 6:28am On Apr 15, 2018
paxonel:
Op, churches that will never agree with this truth.
1. Deeper life
2. RCCG
3. Winners chapel
4. MFM
5. Christ apostolic
etc

All these churches were sent by the devil to torment christians in Nigeria.

Beware!

Once you believe in Christ you are saved forever. Except you denounce christianity to join other religions like Islam, Buddhism, atheism, etc
Christ Embassy believes that once saved is eternally saved.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved? by paxonel(m): 6:38am On Apr 15, 2018
boldx:

Christ Embassy believes that once saved is eternally saved.
yes! That's true.
But, I once heard pastor Chris teaching that if a christian do not repent of his sin he is going to hell fire.
Then, I begin to wonder, what is this man saying? grin
Re: Once Saved Always Saved? by hypnotic(m): 10:53am On Apr 15, 2018
Go and save souls for Jesus, that is my conclusion
paxonel:
then you should have gone straight to counsel rather than to putting up that crap you did.
grin grin grin
You know, you cannot counsel anything in christianity except you have scriptural back up.
Can you back up what you have just said about pastors and curses using scriptures?

Anyway, read my post again. no church have the power to impose their beliefs on anyone.
Your faith as a christian is what justifies you, that justification is eternal,which is very scriptural and very correct, Once saved is always saved

If you did not understand what I meant, may be you are the one that needs the healing, cos you had the option of not commenting at all.

Mr councellor grin
Re: Once Saved Always Saved? by paxonel(m): 11:44am On Apr 15, 2018
hypnotic:
Go and save souls for Jesus, that is my conclusion
only if you had said so grin
Re: Once Saved Always Saved? by hypnotic(m): 12:26pm On Apr 15, 2018
Elisha and the 40 children
paxonel:
grin grin grin

Mr councellor grin
Re: Once Saved Always Saved? by paxonel(m): 4:26pm On Apr 15, 2018
hypnotic:
Elisha and the 40 children
which Elisha?
When Jesus says the least person in God's kingdom is greater than all the prophets of the old?

So, you want to emulate evil?
A prophet killing 40 children for being childish is that not evil?

When Jesus says love your neighbor as yourself?

You people should just be mindful of the way you follow people like D. K Olukoya who want to be like old testament prophets. They are misleading you people o grin
Re: Once Saved Always Saved? by bloodofthelamb(m): 4:47pm On Apr 15, 2018
paxonel:
which Elisha?
When Jesus says the least person in God's kingdom is greater than all the prophets of the old?

So, you want to emulate evil?
A prophet killing 40 children for being childish is that not evil?

When Jesus says love your neighbor as yourself?

You people should just be mindful of the way you follow people like D. K Olukoya who want to be like old testament prophets. They are misleading you people o grin

So true. Non of the old testament prophet have the Holy Spirit dwelling in them. He only work with them but not in them.

The 'new creation in Christ' is a home to the Spirit of Truth.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved? by paxonel(m): 4:58pm On Apr 15, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

So true. Non of the old testament prophet have the Holy Spirit dwelling in them. He only work with them but not in them.

The 'new creation in Christ' is a home to the Spirit of Truth.
exactly bro!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Religion Is The Right One And Why? / Will This Chinese Man Go To Hell Fire ? / Christianity And Polygamy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.