Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

5 Ways To Know Your Brake Pads Are Due For Change - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Ways To Know Your Brake Pads Are Due For Change (1540 Views)

When Should You Change Your Brake Pads? / I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out / Car Brake Pads: How Often Should They Be Replaced? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Ways To Know Your Brake Pads Are Due For Change by autojosh: 6:34am On Apr 13, 2018
In order to maintain safe brake performance, it is advised you change your brake pads before they go too low.

But how can one know when the brake pads are due change?

Here are some things that you would notice.

When you start noticing some of the things you’re about to read now, know your brake pads need to be replaced with new ones.

1. If you hear high-pitched screeching or grinding noise when you apply your brakes, it could be an indication that your pads are worn or not original.

2. If there are a lot of vibrations when you apply the brakes. Don't forget to check the brake discs as well.

3. When the brake pedals are lower than normal from visual inspection. 

4. When there are lots of brake dust on the wheels of the car.

5. Some recent cars have brake pad sensors that notifies the driver through the dashboard when the brake pads are low.

Your braking system is one of the most important systems in your car. It keeps you safe. Do well to keep it in good shape at all times. Brake pads are very vital. They should always be in top working condition.

Another good way to keep an eye on the brake pads is to inspect them whenever you car is due oil change.

https://autojosh.com/brake-pads-due-for-change/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways To Know Your Brake Pads Are Due For Change by Lexusgs430: 6:53am On Apr 13, 2018
Buy brake pads with sensors fitted (vehicle model dependent) + listen out for strange whistling noise coming from wheels....
Re: 5 Ways To Know Your Brake Pads Are Due For Change by weyreypey: 1:48pm On Jun 26, 2018
autojosh:
In order to maintain safe brake performance, it is advised you change your brake pads before they go too low.

But how can one know when the brake pads are due change?

Here are some things that you would notice.

When you start noticing some of the things you’re about to read now, know your brake pads need to be replaced with new ones.

1. If you hear high-pitched screeching or grinding noise when you apply your brakes, it could be an indication that your pads are worn or not original.

2. If there are a lot of vibrations when you apply the brakes. Don't forget to check the brake discs as well.

3. When the brake pedals are lower than normal from visual inspection. 

4. When there are lots of brake dust on the wheels of the car.

5. Some recent cars have brake pad sensors that notifies the driver through the dashboard when the brake pads are low.

Your braking system is one of the most important systems in your car. It keeps you safe. Do well to keep it in good shape at all times. Brake pads are very vital. They should always be in top working condition.

Another good way to keep an eye on the brake pads is to inspect them whenever you car is due oil change.

https://autojosh.com/brake-pads-due-for-change/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

Re: 5 Ways To Know Your Brake Pads Are Due For Change by weyreypey: 10:04am On Jun 27, 2018
Lexusgs430:
Buy brake pads with sensors fitted (vehicle model dependent) + listen out for strange whistling noise coming from wheels....
Hmm
Re: 5 Ways To Know Your Brake Pads Are Due For Change by Lexusgs430: 10:09am On Jun 27, 2018
weyreypey:

Hmm

That is how I do my own, and it works all of the time.....
Re: 5 Ways To Know Your Brake Pads Are Due For Change by weyreypey: 10:13am On Jun 27, 2018
Lexusgs430:

That is how I do my own, and it works all of the time.....
My umidigi is on the way...
Re: 5 Ways To Know Your Brake Pads Are Due For Change by Lexusgs430: 10:17am On Jun 27, 2018
weyreypey:

You bought the Z2 Pro?
Re: 5 Ways To Know Your Brake Pads Are Due For Change by Lexusgs430: 10:19am On Jun 27, 2018
weyreypey:

The beauty of Umidigi (protect it from falls and don't try to exceeds limits).....

(1) (Reply)

Messi Car Vs Ronaldo Car: Who Got Defeated? / Enquiry On Mercedes Benz C190 1999 / Used Car Price In The USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.