Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,727 members, 7,831,305 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Corps Member Who Passed Out Yesterday Blasts The NYSC Scheme & Nigeria At Large - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corps Member Who Passed Out Yesterday Blasts The NYSC Scheme & Nigeria At Large (1497 Views)

Corps Member Who Births Quadruplets While Serving, Seeks Allowance For Five / Soldier Spotted Fanning Corp Member Who Slept Off During NYSC Lecture(pic,video) / Rochas Okorocha Gives N10,000 To Corpers Who Passed Out Today In Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corps Member Who Passed Out Yesterday Blasts The NYSC Scheme & Nigeria At Large by Tessyama1: 12:08pm On Apr 13, 2018
A mixed race Nigerian lady, Claudia Ayodele was among thousands of Corps members who passed out from the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) scheme on Thursday, has taken to her Instagram page to blast the scheme and Nigeria.

According to her, Nigeria has a high number of graduates who lack basic common sense. Read her post below...

"So I passed out today.
But no, you won’t see me wearing that horrible government uniform and posing with my certificate. I literally changed less than 10 minutes after getting my certificate

A brief recap
Honestly the last 11 months were not a joke.
I don’t know how many times I wanted to literally quit NYSC but I kept reminding myself why I actually started
Why? Because you just never know when Nigerians want to make your life miserable in the future. On the positive note, I learnt a lot about the way of life in this country
Got to experience going to a state without an airport in its near vicinity. Got to experience what it’s like to be in the deepest jungle bush where even google maps imaging cannot capture the road. Got to experience how deeply ingrained corruption and indiscipline is in Nigerians from young to old. Got to experience how simple queueing, is not possible... Over and over again
Respect rarely exists. Humility rarely exists. Shame equally rarely exists. Self-Interest exists. Before anyone gets hurt by this finding, honestly there’s a big difference between poor and middle class not to talk of upper class
They say Nigeria has a high number of graduates, I say Nigeria has a high number of graduates who were not taught quality education and lack basic common sense
They say the problem with Nigeria is it’s old leaders, I say Nigeria faces an even bigger problem when the young already show traits of the older generation clinging on to power
For the first time I got to fully interact with Nigerians from all walks of life and it has been a truly humbling experience. I am grateful to those who pushed me to do NYSC because now I know up until a year ago, I lived in a bubble when it came to ‘knowing’ my country.
"

https://www.amagitesblog.com/2018/04/female-corps-member-who-just-passed-out-yesterday-blasts-the-nysc-scheme-and-nigeria-at-large.html

Cc; Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corps Member Who Passed Out Yesterday Blasts The NYSC Scheme & Nigeria At Large by dafeyankee: 12:09pm On Apr 13, 2018
Biracial baby?not surprised.

She raised some good points though. I personally feel that NYSC is a waste of time,and actually endangers the lives of Corps members,and many have died for nothing.

Back to this Tokunboh.

So the lack of the Airport is the problem?where your papa meet your mama again?hope no be one hungry country like Romania too?

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Who Passed Out Yesterday Blasts The NYSC Scheme & Nigeria At Large by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 13, 2018
Hmmm, her husband go try.
Re: Corps Member Who Passed Out Yesterday Blasts The NYSC Scheme & Nigeria At Large by fuadnero(m): 4:12pm On Apr 13, 2018
Ok
Re: Corps Member Who Passed Out Yesterday Blasts The NYSC Scheme & Nigeria At Large by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 14, 2018
she's very pretty, hope we can be friends only
Re: Corps Member Who Passed Out Yesterday Blasts The NYSC Scheme & Nigeria At Large by Soteriahascome: 12:04pm On Apr 14, 2018
She has spoken her mind...
Please kindly return to ya preferred country.
Re: Corps Member Who Passed Out Yesterday Blasts The NYSC Scheme & Nigeria At Large by calliope(f): 8:00pm On Apr 14, 2018
Isn't It funny when you realise how you are surrounded by a great crowd of witnesses.

My Nysc experience is a story i do hope Nigerian graduates don't have to keep telling in the future, I strongly see it as a waste of time and resources, which could be put into better use. "if anything ever is"
I did meet graduates who only spoke in pidgin not for the fun of it, but because they couldn't speak English.

My liason official siphoned funds allocated for community development and when I called him out, I was not only queried by my LGI, but my certificate was almost withheld, if not that I knew a big shot too.

did I mention, I met corpers who slept with the LGI for extra favors? I paid over 30 percent of my allowance to my LGI, just for him to come down to the interior part of community for monthly clearance and when I vented my grievence, he threatened to deal with me.

Do you know that, after a whole month of diligently sitting at work and doing little or no work, we had to pay our work coordinators to honour us with their dear presence and sign our monthly clearance sheet? They claimed it was due to the fact they hadn't been paid for months. I am guessing as " government officials that we were, it is our duty to pay salaries "

I am now of the opinion, that NYSC should be scapped, or aleast made very optional.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corps Member Who Passed Out Yesterday Blasts The NYSC Scheme & Nigeria At Large by J2381: 8:09pm On Apr 14, 2018
calliope:
Isn't It funny when you realise how you are surrounded by a great crowd of witnesses.

My Nysc experience is a story i do hope Nigerian graduates don't have to keep telling in the future, I strongly see it as a waste of time and resources, which could be put into better use. "if anything ever is"
I did meet graduates who only spoke in pidgin not for the fun of it, but because they couldn't speak English.

My liason official siphoned funds allocated for community development and when I called him out, I was not only queried by my LGI, but my certificate was almost withheld, if not that I knew a big shot too.

did I mention, I met corpers who slept with the LGI for extra favors? I paid over 30 percent of my allowance to my LGI, just for him to come down to the interior part of community for monthly clearance and when I vented my grievence, he threatened to deal with me.

Do you know that, after a whole month of diligently sitting at work and doing little or no work, we had to pay our work coordinators to honour us with their dear presence and sign our monthly clearance sheet? They claimed it was due to the fact they hadn't been paid for months. I am guessing as " government officials that we were, it is our duty to pay salaries "

I am now of the opinion, that NYSC should be scapped, or aleast made very optional.

I believe there's a place in the bible that say "my people perish because of lack of knowledge". Believe me, if you know your way, you could have reported those nitwits and they'll find themselves looking for another job.

I tell you, many nigerians suffer because they lack basic knowledge of how to go about basic stuff that bother around their everyday life.

I'll never forget my time in Sokoto state. Amid the tribal and religious sentiment, I still enjoyed my NYSC because I made myself friends with the law.
Re: Corps Member Who Passed Out Yesterday Blasts The NYSC Scheme & Nigeria At Large by vaqtorz(m): 8:57pm On Apr 14, 2018
who do u want to report to?...is it not the same country that we are in? There was a scenario of a last who was been sexually arrassed during school days, I took the natter up as the then faculty president. To cut the story short,we took the matter to the school authority, could believe that the table was turned against me and the lady in question and when I pressed forward on the case a lecturer told me to forget about it that the school authority will do everything to protect themselves no matter how strong your case may be. Now bring it down to where I am currently serving I've lost beliefs and hope in anything like leadership in this country.
Corruption is in every single corner of this nation. The VP of of my PPA sleeps with the little female students in the school so as for them not to fail WAEC. He commits all manners of atrocities know fully well that no one will question him and if any corper stands up to his face to challenge him,he always gets his ways out because he claims to be and indigine while corpers are strangers and passers by. Anyone who tries to report him to their so-called igwe or even the principal is looking for troubles. I've a lot to say but I will wait till I complete my one year. But even before then, people need to know and admit that NYSC is nothing but a waste of our productive one year
J2381:
I believe there's a place in the bible that say "my people perish because of lack of knowledge". Believe me, if you know your way, you could have reported those nitwits and they'll find themselves looking for another job.

I tell you, many nigerians suffer because they lack basic knowledge of how to go about basic stuff that bother around their everyday life.

I'll never forget my time in Sokoto state. Amid the tribal and religious sentiment, I still enjoyed my NYSC because I made myself friends with the law.

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Who Passed Out Yesterday Blasts The NYSC Scheme & Nigeria At Large by J2381: 9:47pm On Apr 14, 2018
vaqtorz:
who do u want to report to?...is it not the same country that we are in? There was a scenario of a last who was been sexually arrassed during school days, I took the natter up as the then faculty president. To cut the story short,we took the matter to the school authority, could believe that the table was turned against me and the lady in question and when I pressed forward on the case a lecturer told me to forget about it that the school authority will do everything to protect themselves no matter how strong your case may be.
There's a thing call social media. I believe you read about what happened to that prof in OAU.

Now bring it down to where I am currently serving I've lost beliefs and hope in anything like leadership in this country.
Corruption is in every single corner of this nation. The VP of of my PPA sleeps with the little female students in the school so as for them not to fail WAEC. He commits all manners of atrocities know fully well that no one will question him and if any corper stands up to his face to challenge him,he always gets his ways out because he claims to be and indigine while corpers are strangers and passers by. Anyone who tries to report him to their so-called igwe or even the principal is looking for troubles.
again, there are lots of women advocate group who would love to make a radical example of that VP in your school. All you need to do is contact them and feed them details... then you'll see how that VP will be shamed.

I've a lot to say but I will wait till I complete my one year. But even before then, people need to know and admit that NYSC is nothing but a waste of our productive one year
I believe it's a matter of opinion. Many who served with me saw the NYSC as a complete waste of time. If you look closely, you'll see that many of them are the ones who aren't happy doing what they're doing.

All those saying NYSC is a waste of time, are the ones who truly didn't serve. That's why they're complaining. Even if you tell this same people not to serve, they still won't do anything productive with that one year. So to me, they're just making noise.

(1) (Reply)

Allowee: Why Do Corps Members Always Do This / Nysc Batch C Stream 1 2023 Update (Registration Start On The 15 October) ) / Everything You Need To Know About 2024 Batch 'A' Timetable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.