Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,520 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

My Journey As A Professional Social Media Manager - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Journey As A Professional Social Media Manager (1368 Views)

My Journey After Graduation In 2012 / My Journey Into Yahoo Plus, How It All Started In Details / Professional Social Media & Digital Marketing Manager Course (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Journey As A Professional Social Media Manager by digitapat: 6:27pm On Apr 13, 2018
I greet every nairalander in the house, especially those passionate about starting and growing a career. Am not new to nairaland but this is my first thread with this account. This thread is all about social media management and a social media manager. I discovered that there is no body telling us about social media management as a career, what we have here are just invitations for one training or the other, this eBook or that eBook for sale, nobody sharing his real life story so i decided to bridge that gap. I wont be sounding like a professional but rather like a social media manager on a journey to being a professional.
Social media management is one of the hottest things in town now and funny enough it wont fade it will only get advanced. The demand for social media managers today is on increase if you are good in the job. There is more to social media management than just reading one or two eBooks or watching YouTube videos and then parading yourself as a professional. The space need professionals and i will be telling my personal story as i journey to the top.
PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD
Many people think building a career is a one day job where you start today and become a professional tomorrow. i started this tread for the following reasons:
1. To keep record of my to the top as a professional social media manager.
2. To through my story be a template or guild for those who want to know how to build A CAREER.
3. To build a community of social media managers.
4. To guild intending social media managers on how to build the career.
5. To reveal how you can leverage on social media to market your idea, product, service.
6. To train and raise social media managers.
7. To assist brands manage their brand and market their idea, product or services on social media.

I will be posting summary of my daily and weekly life as a social media manager, so it will be story-like and i will be the storyteller while you all will be my guest so get your pop corn, a bottle of coke and make sure you buy your ticket oh. grin
This tread will also be very very educative as i will be giving out many free information that many professional social media managers will not like you to know, they would rather want you to pay to get the information but i believe that a candle don't go off because it lights another candle. So, if your dream career is to be a social media manager, then always check out this thread daily.
If time permits, i will be posting 3-5 times weekly and if at any point you need to send me a PM, please feel free although i think we can all flow openly except its very personal.
finally, always drop your a comment as that will encourage me a great deal. Expect the next post on Monday hopefully so i expect at-least 100 likes and comments before then. Note, tomorrow i will going for another digital marketing training which should last for three weekends and this training is with one of the top web and digital marking training centers in Lagos.

Digitapat.

2 Likes

Re: My Journey As A Professional Social Media Manager by digitapat: 1:32pm On Apr 16, 2018
I am digitapat a young man from Nigeria who left the eastern part of Nigeria for Lagos last year in search of the fulfillment of purpose.
My journey to the world of digital marketing started early last year when my heart was in dare search of the right career for me. Before I came across digital marketing, I was already inter speaking and training youths especially in the church setting haven been in youth leadership for about 5 years, so I had online followers and I always posted motivational contents on my page. Because of this, I was always online and in the process I came across posts and ads on digital marketing training, I switched on the researching mode and my discoveries about digital marketing was very captivating because I discovered that that was exactly what I want to do. Something funny happened that made me to fully make up my mind to follow this career path. Because I was always online, my mother called me one day and told me that there is a demon on the internet that is eating or stealing my destiny, I laughed and made up my mind to build my career on this internet, make millions from it, therefore collecting back my destiny from the demon, lol.
After my mother told me about the demon, I decided to face it and prove her wrong through my results. I decided to go for a digital marketing training but the one I was seeing were very costly about 200,000 naira plus, I researched more and discovered that content is the key to every digital marketing campaign. No matter how good you are in the use of tools and tech, it is your content that will drive engagement, convert followers. Due to this finding I decided to go for a COPY WRITING TRAINING. I discussed with one of the brand schools in Lagos and on the 26th of August, 2017 I was in a bus moving from the east to Lagos. I started my copy writing training and after the training I almost made same mistake most people make, I rushed to start looking for jobs, which I thank God I didn’t get. One of the social media manager interviews I went for, I did very well in the questions on strategy because every copy writer should make a good strategist, I did very badly in the questions on social I finally decided to go for internship. I applied for a copy writing intern position in an advertising agency, i did well and THEY TOOK ME, to my greatest joy, they were more into social media management than traditional advertising. My pay was very small but does it really matter at this stage, I JUST WANT TO LEARN and what i was learning was really very big.
They trained me starting from brand management, and that was when my eyes were opened to know that as the social media manager of a brand, you are their SOCIAL MEDIA BRAND MANAGER and as such you should know about their brand very very well and also have a good knowledge of brand management.
I was taught conceptual target audience, competitors analysis, how to create both brand and engagement posts, how to latch on trends, today in history etc to create great engagement posts. I was taught how to prepare a month post schedule on excel sheet, it might interest you to know that i have posts scheduled till June for the brands i manage. I was taught how to use scheduling tools to schedule posts that will come up on their own, even when am sleeping or offline. Very importantly, i learnt how to prepare monthly report presentation for the brands i manage using PowerPoint. i learnt social listening and engagement etc i learn a lot.
After the training which was very intensive because i was really drilled to bring out the best and i loved it, grin, i was handed two big brands to manage, IT WAS LIKE DREAM COME TRUE. grin.
Haven been a social media manager for two brands for some months now, i have come to discover that SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT IS ALL ABOUT BRAND MANAGEMENT, every post you create must be consistent with the brand essence.

This is the much about me we can know for now, i thank all those who read my friday post. Join me in this interesting journey as we talk about SOCIAL MEDIA.
Expect my next post tomorrow.

digitapat.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Journey As A Professional Social Media Manager by Zegun92: 3:53pm On Apr 16, 2018
nice work bro
Re: My Journey As A Professional Social Media Manager by Zegun92: 3:55pm On Apr 16, 2018
please bro..can you teach me more to be a social media manager online because i reside in osun state.....Ogunbayosegun01@gmail.com
Re: My Journey As A Professional Social Media Manager by digitapat: 5:06pm On Apr 16, 2018
Zegun92:
please bro..can you teach me more to be a social media manager online because i reside in osun state.....Ogunbayosegun01@gmail.com

Bro, you need not worry, i will be dishing out free information here, just stay tuned.
Re: My Journey As A Professional Social Media Manager by digitapat: 11:16am On Apr 17, 2018
Good morning my dear people, i am so excited to be with you again.
Today i want to talk about my training last Saturday. Personally i believe that your earning increases with you increase in value and your increase in value increases with your learning. I have not really gotten a professional training outside the one i got in my office and know that the more i know will determine how much i will be paid, i decided to go for that training. The training will end by the end of the month and it was really an eye opener, we were taken through the different social media platforms and their uniqueness. I was so happy i paid to be there.

Truly, there is space for those who pay the price to be skilled. Have you ever gotten job updates and you see a vacancy you would have loved to apply for but YOU DON'T HAVE THE SKILLS REQUIRED. I want today's post to be short so that we can have time to reflect. DO YOU REALLY WANT TO BE A PROFESSIONAL SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER, stay tuned as i keep sharing my personal journey.
Re: My Journey As A Professional Social Media Manager by Zegun92: 1:25pm On Apr 17, 2018
yes.......i want to be social media
manager
Re: My Journey As A Professional Social Media Manager by FKMagazine(m): 1:48pm On Apr 17, 2018
I have a very lucrative business to offer few interesting Nairaland members
This business is very creative and innovative, the type is scarce in Nigeria

It requires low capital
it will need just 2 partners
Basic 2 weekend (4 days) training
you can Make huge returns (Up to 20k daily)

quickly send whatsapp messages (ONLY) to +2349073982244

Pls note: This is not a charity organisation, Training fee is attached.

LIMITED SIT AVAILABLE
Re: My Journey As A Professional Social Media Manager by digitapat: 12:30pm On Apr 18, 2018
And today is my birthday, am celebrating and thankful to God.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

FG!!! Concrete Block Moulding Machine in Nigeria and / I Am From China,am Honest Vendor,we Buy Giftcard And Funds And Btc / Architecture Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.