Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,871 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Freelancing And Freelancers - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Freelancing And Freelancers (1385 Views)

Kickstart Ur Freelancing Career, Get Ur Rejected Or New Upwork Account Approved! / Become A God In Content Writing -- Magic Toolbox For Bloggers And Freelancers. / 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Freelancing And Freelancers by movement2020: 9:31am On Mar 29, 2020
Let's assist each other during this stay at home and stay safe era.

If you know any freelancing site,kindly share. I would start with few

Upwork

Fiveer

LatinHire

Peopleperhour

Add yours.
Re: Freelancing And Freelancers by Anonime1105(m): 12:12pm On Mar 29, 2020
movement2020:

Upwork

Fiveer

LatinHire

Peopleperhour

Add yours.

Why is it so hard for Nigerians to get gigs on Fiverr and upwork

1 Like

Re: Freelancing And Freelancers by movement2020: 1:07pm On Mar 29, 2020
Anonime1105:

Why is it so hard for Nigerians to get gigs on Fiverr and upwork

Seriously, it's a big question. I have stopped working on Fiveer. Still on Upwork though. I realized, if you have a token on Upwork, get verified and stay online, getting gigs is little bit fair than Fiveer.

Hustle just have to continue
Re: Freelancing And Freelancers by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 29, 2020
Check freelancer. Com
Re: Freelancing And Freelancers by Anonime1105(m): 5:40pm On Mar 29, 2020
movement2020:

Seriously, it's a big question. I have stopped working on Fiveer. Still on Upwork though. I realized, if you have a token on Upwork, get verified and stay online, getting gigs is little bit fair than Fiveer.

Hustle just have to continue
@ bolded For real bro, for real cos giving up is a no no.

How did you get your token and account verified on upwork
Re: Freelancing And Freelancers by movement2020: 5:43pm On Mar 29, 2020
Anonime1105:

Working ni o. My profile is 2yrs old. After you get some work, you would be asked to verify your account. ID and video call.
Re: Freelancing And Freelancers by Anonime1105(m): 6:07pm On Mar 29, 2020
movement2020:

Working ni o. My profile is 2yrs old. After you get some work, you would be asked to verify your account. ID and video call.

Ok, so it's not advisable to use VPN then??
Re: Freelancing And Freelancers by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:36pm On Mar 29, 2020
I don't know about Fiverr but on Upwork it honestly just comes down to writing good proposals. Most people write really shit proposals and you also have to send out a lot of proposals to get any jobs. Since I joined Upwork in January, I have sent out over a 100 proposals. I got around 12 responses but everything has slowed down now due to the virus. My present contracts were paused and upcoming interviews were suspended. If not for that, I should have been making at least 400k per month from April and I just joined ending of January. You also need to send a lot of proposals. You don't just send 2, 3 proposals and come crying that Upwork doesn't work. Just keep money to buy connects it's an investment. Even the top freelancers had a hard time starting.

Another thing is the kind of skills you possess. Some skills are totally useless especially for a Nigerian freelancer. Writing is one of them. Most westerners will always give their writing jobs to native English speakers and most writing jobs pay shit. 5 dollars for 3000 words. 10 dollars per month to write a lot of shit articles. I am in the digital marketing niche but I am trying to learn more skills especially in programming. The best jobs are in programming. At any given moment, there are three times more web development jobs posted than there are digital marketing jobs. If you doubt me you can use the advanced feature to check. Besides, web development is just one aspect of programming there's app development, AI, machine learning, data science, business enterprise software development alongside other IT fields which are less competitive and have jobs paying in the hundreds to thousands of dollars.

To succeed on Upwork, just get the right skill and make sure you are good at it. Keep at least 50000 for buying connects to send out proposals. The more proposals you send, the higher your chances of getting jobs.

5 Likes

Re: Freelancing And Freelancers by movement2020: 10:40pm On Mar 29, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
I don't know about Fiverr but on Upwork it honestly just comes down to writing good proposals. Most people write really shit proposals and you also have to send out a lot of proposals to get any jobs. Since I joined Upwork in January, I have sent out over a 100 proposals. I got around 12 responses but everything has slowed down now due to the virus. My present contracts were paused and upcoming interviews were suspended. If not for that, I should have been making at least 400k per month from April and I just joined ending of January. You also need to send a lot of proposals. You don't just send 2, 3 proposals and come crying that Upwork doesn't work. Just keep money to buy connects it's an investment. Even the top freelancers had a hard time starting.

Another thing is the kind of skills you possess. Some skills are totally useless especially for a Nigerian freelancer. Writing is one of them. Most westerners will always give their writing jobs to native English speakers and most writing jobs pay shit. 5 dollars for 3000 words. 10 dollars per month to write a lot of shit articles. I am in the digital marketing niche but I am trying to learn more skills especially in programming. The best jobs are in programming. At any given moment, there are three times more web development jobs posted than there are digital marketing jobs. If you doubt me you can use the advanced feature to check. Besides, web development is just one aspect of programming there's app development, AI, machine learning, data science, business enterprise software development alongside other IT fields which are less competitive and have jobs paying in the hundreds to thousands of dollars.

To succeed on Upwork, just get the right skill and make sure you are good at it. Keep at least 50000 for buying connects to send out proposals. The more proposals you send, the higher your chances of getting jobs.

Thank you so much for the insight. God bless
Re: Freelancing And Freelancers by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:51pm On Mar 29, 2020
movement2020:

Thank you so much for the insight. God bless
Use this downtown period to skill up and trust me you will enjoy Upwork.
Re: Freelancing And Freelancers by movement2020: 10:55pm On Mar 29, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Use this downtown period to skill up and trust me you will enjoy Upwork.

I delved into Data Entry, web research and others. I do buy connect as well. However, I realized proposal is my problem. Some don't like reading epistles while others do. Can you share a sample of one your proposal? I can work around it to develop mine. I use a generic one which seems to be my low job
Re: Freelancing And Freelancers by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:05pm On Mar 29, 2020
movement2020:

I delved into Data Entry, web research and others. I do buy connect as well. However, I realized proposal is my problem. Some don't like reading epistles while others do. Can you share a sample of one your proposal? I can work around it to develop mine. I use a generic one which seems to be my low job
Data entry and web research is useless O. Anyone with sense can easily do that o. Go and learn the hard things. Using generic proposals is a very bad idea. Most white people can smell it from a mile away. Watch videos on YouTube on how to write good Upwork proposals. Upwork even has articles on that. Tailor your proposal to the job. But go learn something else. That skill is useless. Each job in that field always has more than 20 proposals after like 10 minutes.
Re: Freelancing And Freelancers by Nobody: 4:16am On Mar 30, 2020
Who works at Latinhire here?
Re: Freelancing And Freelancers by Twylade(f): 12:27pm On Mar 30, 2020
Hello guys,
I think I can help someone out here. I started freelancing about 5 years ago, and since then I have learnt a lot.
There are some sites that are a no-go for me, they pay shit, plus the possibility to get hired by a scammer is high (freelancer).
However, I have put some of my experience into words to help other freelancers. I compiled a guide for freelancers, not just writers now.
And, yes, the guide is free... For now!
In the future, I may sell them... Who knows??!!!
Here is a link to the guide for your reading pleasure. If you have questions do drop them...
Thanks

https://kellyjaydigital..com/2020/03/the-ultimate-guide-on-how-to-make-money.html
Re: Freelancing And Freelancers by Twylade(f): 11:48am On May 05, 2020
Looking for ways to make money as a student, freelancer, or recent graduate??
Here are some sweet apps that can help you make cool cash!!
https://kellyjaydigital..com/2020/05/top-10-money-making-apps-for-students.html
Re: Freelancing And Freelancers by chuklesley02(m): 10:15pm On May 11, 2020
[quote author=tensazangetsu20 post=87904561]I don't know about Fiverr but on Upwork it honestly just comes down to writing good proposals. Most people write really shit proposals and you also have to send out a lot of proposals to get any jobs. Since I joined Upwork in January, I have sent out over a 100 proposals. I got around 12 responses but everything has slowed down now due to the virus. My present contracts were paused and upcoming interviews were suspended. If not for that, I should have been making at least 400k per month from April and I just joined ending of January. You also need to send a lot of proposals. You don't just send 2, 3 proposals and come crying that Upwork doesn't work. Just keep money to buy connects it's an investment. Even the top freelancers had a hard time starting.

Good evening, I was inspired by your story, pls I do have a friend whose torn btw attending a digital marketing training class , c# training class, or python training class (after d covid-19 brohaha, as she wants a physical class/presence). The issue now is dat she is torn btw which one to pay for, as all of there fees are expensive and she can only be sponsored in one, which will u recommend she learns considering she wants to commence freelancing immediately after d training. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Freelancing And Freelancers by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:26pm On May 11, 2020
[quote author=chuklesley02 post=89446816][/quote]
Python.

1 Like

Re: Freelancing And Freelancers by Twylade(f): 10:23am On May 20, 2020
Thinking of starting a blog?
Here is a comprehensive Beginner's Guide to blogging for money.

https://kellyjaydigital..com/2020/05/beginners-guide-to-blogging-for-money.html
Re: Freelancing And Freelancers by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 10:39am On May 20, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Great share!
Re: Freelancing And Freelancers by Heph001(f): 12:36pm On May 20, 2020
Does anyone here use freelancer.com?

I need help
Re: Freelancing And Freelancers by ogayellow(m): 4:02pm On May 21, 2020
Please how does one go about buying connects on upwork from Nigeria. I have been trying and the page just goes blank after putting my card numbers
Re: Freelancing And Freelancers by ogayellow(m): 4:05pm On May 21, 2020
Please how do I go about buying connects. I can't buy from here Nigeria

To succeed on Upwork, just get the right skill and make sure you are good at it. Keep at least 50000 for buying connects to send out proposals. The more proposals you send, the higher your chances of getting jobs.[/quote]
Re: Freelancing And Freelancers by Inimoney: 9:31am On Apr 20, 2022
Anonime1105:

You can network with me via WhatsApp and I will show you a way you could
Re: Freelancing And Freelancers by Anonime1105(m): 2:19pm On Apr 20, 2022
Inimoney:
You can network with me via WhatsApp and I will show you a way you could

Thanks bro.
My account have been verified.
Re: Freelancing And Freelancers by do4luv14(m): 12:07pm On Apr 21, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

sir how can you help/Advice a newbie who don't know how up work work, whose major skill is giving of Advices, both financial, moral, and to some point medical Advice, including educational,

those are what I can do, things had been hard, been trying to find something doing, cos my current work as an apprentice is not helping at all
Re: Freelancing And Freelancers by do4luv14(m): 12:50pm On Apr 21, 2022
movement2020:

Upwork

Fiveer

LatinHire

Peopleperhour

Add yours.

how can a newbie use the last two

(1) (Reply)

Prince Certificatin & Lagos Business School / Diamond Bank test / Ethernet Roadmap 2016 - All Graphics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.