Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

NYSC Experience:“nigeria Has A High Number Of Graduates Who Lack Common Sense - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NYSC Experience:“nigeria Has A High Number Of Graduates Who Lack Common Sense (1555 Views)

UNILAG Produces First Set Of Graduates In Chinese / 2 AAU Female Graduates Who Accused Lecturer Of Sex For Grade Jailed / Mixed Race Nigerian Lady -Nigerian Graduates Lack Common Sense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Experience:“nigeria Has A High Number Of Graduates Who Lack Common Sense by Innov8ve1: 9:59pm On Apr 13, 2018
Claudia Diers Ayodele was among the thousands of Corps members who finalized the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) scheme on Thursday.

The mixed race lady who couldn’t wait to remove her ‘horrible government uniform‘ after the Passing out Parade (POP) took to Instagram to share her experience during the programme.

She wrote:

So I passed out today.
But no, you won’t see me wearing that horrible government uniform and posing with my certificate. I literally changed less than 10 minutes after getting my certificate

Honestly the last 11 months were not a joke.
I don’t know how many times I wanted to literally quit NYSC but I kept reminding myself why I actually started

Why? Because you just never know when Nigerians want to make your life miserable in the future. On the positive note, I learnt a lot about the way of life in this country

Got to experience going to a state without an airport in its near vicinity. Got to experience what it’s like to be in the deepest jungle bush where even google maps imaging cannot capture the road.

Got to experience how deeply ingrained corruption and indiscipline is in Nigerians from young to old. Got to experience how simple queueing, is not possible… Over and over again

Respect rarely exists. Humility rarely exists. Shame equally rarely exists. Self-Interest exists. Before anyone gets hurt by this finding, honestly there’s a big difference between poor and middle class not to talk of upper class.

They say Nigeria has a high number of graduates, I say Nigeria has a high number of graduates who were not taught quality education and lack basic common sense.

They say the problem with Nigeria is it’s old leaders, I say Nigeria faces an even bigger problem when the young already show traits of the older generation clinging on to power.

For the first time I got to fully interact with Nigerians from all walks of life and it has been a truly humbling experience. I am grateful to those who pushed me to do NYSC because now I know up until a year ago, I lived in a bubble when it came to ‘knowing’ my country.

http://www.naijadailyfeed.com/nysc-experiencenigeria-has-a-high-number-of-graduates-who-lack-basic-common-sense/

1 Like

Re: NYSC Experience:“nigeria Has A High Number Of Graduates Who Lack Common Sense by Innov8ve1: 10:01pm On Apr 13, 2018
Do you agree or disagree?
Re: NYSC Experience:“nigeria Has A High Number Of Graduates Who Lack Common Sense by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 11:35pm On Apr 13, 2018
She didn't say anything that we didn't already know

I was expecting to see something a bit more tangible and detailed, she just kuku sumed it all up.

this is a waste of MB.

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Experience:“nigeria Has A High Number Of Graduates Who Lack Common Sense by PapaNnamdi: 12:55am On Apr 14, 2018
Nigerians dont have Common sense, especially the graduates

1 Like

Re: NYSC Experience:“nigeria Has A High Number Of Graduates Who Lack Common Sense by wisino1(m): 9:27am On Apr 14, 2018
We know our problem in nigeria we know the quality of education we get is not standard.....but please shut up just because you have a white skin from a migrant father or mother doesn't mean you will come here to insult us all
Re: NYSC Experience:“nigeria Has A High Number Of Graduates Who Lack Common Sense by judedave181: 10:56am On Apr 14, 2018
I agree with this lady.
Re: NYSC Experience:“nigeria Has A High Number Of Graduates Who Lack Common Sense by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 14, 2018
I cant disagree.. Pure truth.

Lets take for Example;

Some Nigerian ladies ultimate goal in life is to wear NYSC Uniform and thereafter find a rich dude to take care of all her problems and those her dumb ancestors left behind. grin

So, you see.. No single common sense.

4 Likes

Re: NYSC Experience:“nigeria Has A High Number Of Graduates Who Lack Common Sense by otokx(m): 11:21am On Apr 14, 2018
She is very correct.
Re: NYSC Experience:“nigeria Has A High Number Of Graduates Who Lack Common Sense by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 14, 2018
As much as I a agree with her, no one put a gun in her head and forced her to be a corper, it's hell alright butvot builds ur physical endurance and mental ability too. Life is not all sunshine and roses.the Nigerian is the gadfly that spurs out to be ur best, it's not as soft as the. UK that you could sue people for discorfmfotting u

1 Like

Re: NYSC Experience:“nigeria Has A High Number Of Graduates Who Lack Common Sense by Acepen(m): 12:24pm On Apr 14, 2018
F*ck Her And Her Common Sense

1 Like

Re: NYSC Experience:“nigeria Has A High Number Of Graduates Who Lack Common Sense by nelsonebby(m): 12:39pm On Apr 14, 2018
Chuvin22:
I cant disagree.. Pure truth.

Lets take for Example;

Some Nigerian ladies ultimate goal in life is to wear NYSC Uniform and thereafter find a rich dude to take care of all her problems and those her dumb ancestors left behind. grin

So, you see.. No single common sense.
abegooo. grin
Re: NYSC Experience:“nigeria Has A High Number Of Graduates Who Lack Common Sense by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 14, 2018
Innov8ve1:
Do you agree or disagree?
Yes I agree with her .
Re: NYSC Experience:“nigeria Has A High Number Of Graduates Who Lack Common Sense by Afobear: 1:06pm On Apr 14, 2018
ehie:
As much as I a agree with her, no one put a gun in her head and forced her to be a corper, it's hell alright butvot builds ur physical endurance and mental ability too. Life is not all sunshine and roses.the Nigerian is the gadfly that spurs out to be ur best, it's not as soft as the. UK that you could sue people for discorfmfotting u
here is one of the people she is greatly complaining against
Re: NYSC Experience:“nigeria Has A High Number Of Graduates Who Lack Common Sense by HausaOverlord: 3:19pm On Apr 14, 2018
I have hated the nysc since day 1, saw corruption firsthand where effort doesn't matter at all, na man no man, camp officials Zi's, Li's, Ai's all these idiotss will make ur life terrible u will find out that u truly have no rights in this country, I just tire for this naija
Re: NYSC Experience:“nigeria Has A High Number Of Graduates Who Lack Common Sense by Demayour: 6:38pm On Apr 14, 2018
PapaNnamdi:
Nigerians dont have Common sense, especially the graduates

No sir, I disagree. I'd rather agree that not all Nigerian graduates have common sense. She was actually right though. I've been saying this to a lot of people now that our younger generation of Nigerians especially those within the teenage and 30s range have more challenges they will pose to the country far more than what we've faced in the hands of our leaders. NYSC is actually a good place to discover that and as a PCM myself, I'm preparing my mind to face Nigerians who are really Nigerians.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Federal Government Now Spends As High As N1.1m On The Average UNILAG Graduate / Please, Can Someone With B-tech Apply For M-sc In Any University In Nigeria? / 20 Difficult Words With Meanings And Examples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.