Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,895 members, 7,828,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Learn Photography Here For Free!! - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Learn Photography Here For Free!! (2068 Views)

I Want To Learn Photography, I Need Your Advice / 10 NEW Photography Ideas In 100 Seconds (video) / How Lucrative Is Photography Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learn Photography Here For Free!! by psucc(m): 10:27pm On Apr 19, 2018
Op must have had the same ideology with Buhari. They promise and will never fulfill it

1 Like

Re: Learn Photography Here For Free!! by Babacele: 4:51am On Apr 20, 2018
OP is obviously caught up in a busy schedule or something. wishing you well as we await you.
Re: Learn Photography Here For Free!! by Nobody: 11:52pm On Apr 22, 2018
Hello.

Following.
Re: Learn Photography Here For Free!! by tboibamz: 12:21am On Apr 23, 2018
Following
Re: Learn Photography Here For Free!! by tboibamz: 12:22am On Apr 23, 2018
helpfulposts:

So, up till now the day never break!

Why are you like this?
Re: Learn Photography Here For Free!! by helpfulposts(m): 1:21am On Apr 23, 2018
tboibamz:

Why are you like this?
What have I done?
Re: Learn Photography Here For Free!! by Patented: 10:54am On Apr 23, 2018
Aderewah how far with this thread? Camera in hand and waiting
Re: Learn Photography Here For Free!! by Aderewah: 11:02am On Apr 23, 2018
Patented:
Aderewah how far with this thread? Camera in hand and waiting
I think I have been unbanned. I will continue shortly
Re: Learn Photography Here For Free!! by Patented: 11:23am On Apr 23, 2018
excellent
Aderewah:
I think I have been unbanned. I will continue shortly
Re: Learn Photography Here For Free!! by Aderewah: 11:32am On Apr 23, 2018
Good morning this is the first episode of the photography tutorial series. Please note tht this is sponsored by VIBE TV, an online tv that is dedicated to producing premium content for young people and part of these content is the series of tutorials that we are starting. after this tutorial, we will still do tutorials on shoe making, film making and so on.

3 Likes

Re: Learn Photography Here For Free!! by chr1s(m): 11:36am On Apr 23, 2018
we are all ready
Re: Learn Photography Here For Free!! by Aderewah: 11:37am On Apr 23, 2018
Our course will be in order. it is better to work with a syllabus than to post spontaneous pieces of information about the topic.
we will be talking on
cameras- types of cameras, prices and the most popular cameras for photography
elements of photography
types of photography
types of lenses
lighting in photography
studio photography vs outdoor photography
how to start a photography business now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Learn Photography Here For Free!! by Aderewah: 11:45am On Apr 23, 2018
CAMERAS
To the masterclass, we are talking about cameras and what you should know about them. In the past, people used analogue or film cameras. These types of cameras were the ones that they used to shoot most photography in the past. i want to avoid going into the details about the traditional analog cameras but they were cumbersome to work with. if you shoot a photo with these cameras, you cannot check the photo you took if it is good or not until you have printed it. you cannot just print a picture from an analogue camera easily. You must develop the photos in a dark room with special chemicals. With the traditional cameras, you need to continually buy film rolls to work with your camera. These days however all these have changed, thanks to digital cameras. however, it is wise to know the types of cameras that you can use for photography.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Learn Photography Here For Free!! by Aderewah: 11:54am On Apr 23, 2018
TYPES OF CAMERAS

These days, cameras come in many different forms. These camera types include the most popular choice for photographers all over the world, digital cameras, DSLRs. There are also action cameras, new and improved film cameras, and even the latest mirrorless cameras. It may be hard to choose which type of camera to go for, but it’s easy to figure out which one will work best for you once you find out more about each of them, what they’re best for, and what their pros and cons are.
Whether you’re a beginner, a hobbyist, or a professional, you’ll find a specific type of camera that will fit your lifestyle and photography needs from the list below.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Learn Photography Here For Free!! by ganie(m): 2:11pm On Apr 23, 2018
Following the class
Re: Learn Photography Here For Free!! by mistercharles: 2:38pm On Apr 23, 2018
Na me be class rep...abeg who dey my sit
Grabs popcorn cheesy

1 Like

Re: Learn Photography Here For Free!! by Kharez: 2:49pm On Apr 23, 2018
following please
Re: Learn Photography Here For Free!! by Patented: 4:32pm On Apr 23, 2018
great start
Re: Learn Photography Here For Free!! by touchplay(m): 4:49pm On Apr 23, 2018
angrydrinking hot water Dats meant to be cold,but cos of Dis kebbi northern sun its so so hot,water I left inside my room oh,don't knw haw long m gonna deal with dis..... waiting for op to continew,vezing at same time,sweating,and hungry too. Nysc no go key me !

2 Likes

Re: Learn Photography Here For Free!! by Ademat7(m): 8:32pm On Apr 24, 2018
At last
Re: Learn Photography Here For Free!! by Patented: 8:55am On Apr 26, 2018
thanks Aderewah, awaiting class 2
Re: Learn Photography Here For Free!! by classicTutor(m): 1:05pm On Apr 26, 2018
OP permit me to continue from where you stop.

1 Like

Re: Learn Photography Here For Free!! by classicTutor(m): 1:05pm On Apr 26, 2018
A digital single-lens reflex camera (also called a digital SLR or DSLR) is a digital camera that combines the optics and the mechanisms of a single-lens reflex camera with a digital imaging sensor, as opposed to photographic film. The reflex design scheme is the primary difference between a DSLR and other digital cameras. In the reflex design, light travels through the lens, then to a mirror that alternates to send the image to either the viewfinder or the image sensor. The traditional alternative would be to have a viewfinder with its own lens, hence the term "single lens" for this design. By using only one lens, the viewfinder of a DSLR presents an image that will not differ substantially from what is captured by the camera's sensor. A DSLR differs from non-reflex single-lens digital cameras in that the viewfinder presents a direct optical view through the lens, rather than being captured by the camera's image sensor and displayed by a digital screen.

DSLRs largely replaced film-based SLRs during the 2000s, and despite the rising popularity of mirrorless system cameras in the early 2010s, DSLRs remain the most common type of interchangeable lens camera in use as of 2017

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Learn Photography Here For Free!! by classicTutor(m): 3:15pm On Apr 26, 2018
Digital SLR Camera Types

A few short years ago, there was only one type of digital SLR you could get your hands on: those with sensors smaller than a standard frame of 35mm film.
I'll go into more depth in just a moment about these cropped sensor SLRs, but first a revelation: today there are five different types of digital SLR cameras in the marketplace.While presenting consumers with more alternatives, the different "styles" of digital SLRs can also lead to a lot of additional confusion.

SLR Type 1 - Cropped Sensor
The vast majority of the digital SLR cameras available today fall into this category.These digital SLR cameras have sensors that are smaller than a frame of 35mm film.Those just making their first leap into the world of digital SLR cameras need not be overly concerned about this, since it primarily affects those who have used film SLR cameras in the past.The net effect of a cropped sensor is this: the same lens used on a film SLR won't capture the exact same image when it's used on a digital SLR.Since the digital sensor is physically smaller than a frame of film, the digital SLR captures LESS of the image that passes through the lens - this crops out part of the image and result in an artificial zoom effect.The amount of scenery you're able to see when looking through the camera's viewfinder is directly related to a property of the lens called focal length.

Lenses with short focal lengths (between 10 and 20mm) allow you to see a lot of scenery which is why they are also called wide angle lenses
Lenses with medium focal lengths (between 50 and 100mm) capture a pretty standard view of the world which is why they're called standard lenses
Lenses with[i] long focal lengths[/i] (between 200 and 600mm) are used to get up close and personal with subjects that are far away and are called telephoto lenses
The reason that I just spun off into a brief introduction to lens focal lengths is because when you use any film lens on a digital SLR with a cropped sensor, you're going to have to take the focal length multiplier into account.
An example:
You're using a digital SLR camera with a cropped sensor, and a 1.6x focal length multiplier
A standard 50mm lens captures images more like an 80mm lens when used on this camera (50 x 1.6 = 80)
The exact same multiplier can be used with every lens that you attach to the camera: a 100mm lens frames more like a 160mm lens, while a 300mm lens frames like a 480mm lens.Popular entry-level cameras like the Canon Rebel XSi and the Nikon D60 both have cropped sensors, but even higher-end cameras like the Canon 40D and Pentax K20D also have them.

SLR Type 2 - Full-Frame Sensor
The second digital SLR camera type makes sense once you understand the concepts of crop factor and focal length multiplier.
While you might have already guessed the end result, here it is: a full-frame digital SLR has NO crop factor, or a focal length multiplier of one.A 50mm lens on a full frame digital SLR captures scenery just like a 50mm lens on a film SLR camera.Besides preventing you from pulling out a calculator constantly to determine the "true" focal length of your lens, full-frame SLRs come with another benefit: higher image quality.In the world of digital sensors, size does matter and bigger is better.The most noticeable improvement in image quality with a larger sensor is reduced noise at high ISO. Even though most digital SLR sensors are cropped, they are still larger than the sensors in compact digicams.This is why the low-light performance of a digital SLR is significantly better than that of a compact camera.Images taken at ISO 800 on a compact digital camera are a mess of colored pixels, while ISO 800 images taken with an SLR are sometimes hard to tell from ISO 100.If cropped frame sensors can handle noise so well, imagine what a full-frame SLR can pull off.

SLR Type 3 - 4/3rds
When Olympus first starting releasing their current line of "E" digital SLR cameras, they did so under the banner of a new standard: something called the 4/3rds system.The idea behind the 4/3rds SLR system was simple:Cameras that use the 4/3 system can use ANY 4/3rds lens, regardless of the manufacturer.
olympus e-520
Olympus E-520
Prior to this, lens compatibility was pretty much a one-to-one relationship between the company that made the camera and the one that made the lens.For example, if you bought a Pentax digital SLR, then you'd have to get a Pentax lens to go with it to ensure compatibility. A Canon digitial SLR worked best with a Canon lens attached.The 4/3rds system attempts to do away with all of this and ensures that any 4/3rds lens will work with any 4/3rds camera.For a long time, Olympus was the only company adopting the standard and making cameras and lenses that were compatible with 4/3rds. Now both Olympus and Panasonic (who've become partners) develop them.Recently Panasonic has gone down a new path with this technology, and I'll get to that in just a moment.
The main advantage that 4/3rds digital SLRs have over the others is that they are smaller and weigh less. In fact, the cameras made by Olympus are some of the smallest and lightest digital SLRs on the market today.4/3rds lenses are also quite light, without sacrificing image quality in the process.If the idea of an incredibly small sized digital SLR is appealing to you, then you just need to be aware of two things:
The 4/3rds sensor doesn't have the same aspect ratio as other (more common) sensors, and this will affect how your photos print
4/3rds sensors are smaller than ones that aren't, resulting in a more significant crop factor (all 4/3rds SLRs have a focal length multiplier of 2x)

SLR Type 4 - Micro 4/3
To be precise, a micro 4/3rds camera is NOT a digital SLR.The letters SLR stand for Single Lens Reflex, and the "reflex" part of the name means that inside the camera there's a mirror that reflects light up to the viewfinder.The end result of a reflex system is that you see exactly what the lens sees (which allows you to track even a fast-moving subject through the viewfinder).Micro 4/3rds digital cameras don't include the same optical viewfinder that's part of every digital SLR camera.
panasonic dmc-g1
Panasonic DMC-G1
Instead, they replace the entire optical system with something called an electronic viewfinder (or EVF). The EVF is like a tiny television set inside the viewfinder that broadcasts the image being captured by the sensor.

However, the big difference between compact cameras and Micro 4/3rds cameras is that you CAN change the lenses on a Micro 4/3rds camera.
Essentially, these cameras are hybrids: they have the compact size and very low weight of a compact camera, but they also have the multiple lenses and higher image quality of an SLR.
Currently, only Olympus and Panasonic are developing cameras that fall into the Micro 4/3rds category, and their hope is that these cameras act as a bridge for all those people out there with compact cameras who are indimidated by the size, weight and features of an SLR

SLR Type 5 - Video/Still Cameras
Not long ago, every digital SLR was missing one feature that is now quite common on every compact camera: the ability to capture video.
This was no real suprise to the community of existing SLR users, but it often came as a real shock to people who "upgraded" from a compact camera only to find out that their new SLR was missing this feature.

There are two main reasons why SLRs lacked video for such a long time:

SLR purists argued that there was no reason for them to capture video - SLRs were precision instruments for capturing stills and need not be blended with the hundreds of capable video cameras already availableOn the technical side, the companies had to find a way to bypass the reflex mirror (an integral component of an SLR camera) and needed to fully develop live mode first
Live view mode (the ability to preview an image on the camera's LCD before you take it) paved the way for the introduction of video.

nikon D90
Nikon D90
The very first digital SLR camera to include a video mode was the Nikon D90, followed closely by the Canon EOS 5D Mark II (both released in 2008).While the D90 is for the consumer market, the 5D Mark II (in both features and price) is more for professional and semi-professional photographers. Other consumer market DSLR camera includes Nikon D3200, D3300, D3400, D5000, D5100, D5200,

The unique aspect of capturing video with a digital SLR rather than a conventional video camera is also what sets SLRs apart from compact digital cameras: the ability to change lenses.Now you can capture videos with extreme wide angle lenses and extreme telephoto lenses. You can capture video of tiny insects with a macro lens.And the video captured by these cameras is not limited to a tiny format only suitable for display on your computer. Both the D90 and the 5D Mark II capture High-Definition (HD) widescreen video, which can then be played back on a modern flatscreen TV.

To make it even more obvious that a TV is the intended display medium, both cameras include an HDMI port. HDMI stands for High-Definition Multimedia Interface and it's a new way of transferring a digital video and audio signal from a output device (like a DVD player, video camera, game console, etc.) to your television set.When you connect camera to TV with a special HDMI cable, you're maximizing the quality of the audio and video captured by the camera.

2 Likes

Re: Learn Photography Here For Free!! by Aderewah: 10:56am On Apr 29, 2018
I have been unbanned again. I will continue the class
Re: Learn Photography Here For Free!! by Aderewah: 10:57am On Apr 29, 2018
I have been unbanned again. I will continue the class. classicTutor, thank you. I'll continue now.

1 Like

Re: Learn Photography Here For Free!! by Babacele: 3:08am On May 02, 2018
nice, classic Tutor . I'm following. I think Ade is banned again, so why not continue ?
Re: Learn Photography Here For Free!! by McTobe(m): 11:46pm On Nov 25, 2020
Oooh see how a beautiful thread like this went comatose

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Ordeal With Skrill / Why Is Uber Not Available In Asaba/onitsha / Ginger Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.