Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,085 members, 7,818,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

"No Tithe, No Heaven" - Pastor Adeboye - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "No Tithe, No Heaven" - Pastor Adeboye (44206 Views)

If You Feel There Is No Heaven, Then, What Do You Think About This? / There Is No Heaven & Hell - Pastor Abosom As He Abandons His Christian Faith / Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "No Tithe, No Heaven" - Pastor Adeboye by OkCornel(m): 9:40am On Apr 17, 2018
Second tithe

Unlike other offerings which were restricted to consumption within the tabernacle, the second tithe could be consumed anywhere within the Walls of Jerusalem. On years one, two, four and five of the Shemittah-cycle, God commanded the Children of Israel to take a second tithe that was to be brought to the place of the Temple (Deuteronomy 14:23). The owner of the produce was to separate and bring 1/10 of his finished produce to the Old City of Jerusalem, after separating Terumah and the first tithe, but if the family lived too far from Jerusalem, the tithe could be redeemed upon coins (Deuteronomy 14:24-25). Then, the Bible required the owner of the redeemed coins to spend the tithe "to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish" (Deuteronomy 14:26). Implicit in the commandment was an obligation to spend the coins on items meant for human consumption.

Poor man's tithe
In years three and six of the Shemittah-cycle the Israelites set aside the (second) tithe instead as the poor tithe, and it was given to the strangers, orphans, and widows.
Re: "No Tithe, No Heaven" - Pastor Adeboye by OkCornel(m): 9:41am On Apr 17, 2018
Terumat maaser

Terumat hamaaser was given by the Levite to the Kohen, and was one-tenth of what the Levite had received of the First-tithe. It is alluded to in the Hebrew Bible under the words, "a tithe (tenth) of the tithe" (Numbers 18:26). It, too, was considered Terumah, and was eaten by priests in a state of ritual cleanness. Today, the Terumat maaser is discarded because of general uncleanness, just as the Terumah is now discarded.

Demai

Demai (Mishnaic Hebrew: דמאי) is a Halakhic term meaning "dubious," referring to agricultural produce, the owner of which was not trusted with regard to the correct separation of the tithes assigned to the Levites, although the terumah (the part designated unto priests) was believed to have been separated from such fruits. In such "dubious" cases, all that was necessary was to separate the one-tenth portion due to the priests from the First Tithe given to the Levites, being the 1/100th part of the whole. The Second Tithe is also removed (redeemed) from the fruit in such cases of doubt.
Re: "No Tithe, No Heaven" - Pastor Adeboye by OkCornel(m): 9:41am On Apr 17, 2018
Places that require tithing
The criterion for determining what places require the tithing of produce is any place within the country that was held by the Returnees from the Babylonian exile, as defined in the "Baraita of the Boundaries" of the Land of Israel;although today the land might be held by a different entity, or else worked by non-Jews, produce grown in those places would still require the separation of tithes when they come into the hand of an Israelite or Jew.

Tithes are broken-off during the Sabbatical year (such as when the ground lies fallow), during which year, all fruits, grains and vegetables that are grown of themselves in that year are considered free and ownerless property. For example, whatever lands were held by those returning from the Babylonian exile at the time of Ezra are forbidden to be ploughed and sown by any Jew during the Seventh year, and even if gentiles were to plough such land and sow it, the produce would be forbidden unto Jews to eat. On the other hand, the extension of such lands held by the people of Israel who departed Egypt and who entered the Land of Canaan under their leader, Joshua, are forbidden to be ploughed by any Jew during the Seventh year, but if gentiles had ploughed such land and sown it, the produce is permitted to be eaten by a Jew. If on a regular week-year, fruits and grains and vegetables, if grown by an Israelite in these places, would require tithing.
Re: "No Tithe, No Heaven" - Pastor Adeboye by OkCornel(m): 9:43am On Apr 17, 2018
Cattle tithe
An additional tithe mentioned in the Book of Leviticus (27:32-33) is the cattle tithe, which is to be sacrificed as a korban at the Temple in Jerusalem.

Ma'aser kesafim
Ma'aser kesafim is a tithe that Jews give to charity (tzedakah), something that is done on a voluntary basis, as this practice has not been regulated in Jewish codes of law.

HAVING GONE THROUGH ALL THESE...I'M STILL AT A LOSS AS TO WHERE THE CHURCH GOT IT'S DOCTRINE OF OBLIGATORY MONETARY TITHING FROM

IF GOD HAS CLEARLY INSTRUCTED WHAT SHOULD BE TITHED, WHY DISOBEY GOD TO FOLLOW THE DOCTRINES OF GREEDY MEN?
Re: "No Tithe, No Heaven" - Pastor Adeboye by OkCornel(m): 9:48am On Apr 17, 2018
Going through my previous posts on tithing procedures on this thread.

If anyone comes to tell you tithes are paid monetarily and it's one-tenth of your salary or monetary income...such a person is a thief. God never instructed tithes to be paid in such a manner.

More so, for Christians that have confused Old Testament (Judaism) with New Testament (Christianity)...go and read Acts 15 for a start and know what is expected of Christians...

In addition, go and reading the teachings of Jesus, especially when He addressed His followers on giving...and never for once was tithing mentioned as a requirement to get into Heaven...rather, what would be used to separate the sheep from the goats would be charitable acts borne out of compassion for the poor and needy and the oppressed...

Matthew 25 v 31-46.
Re: "No Tithe, No Heaven" - Pastor Adeboye by OkCornel(m): 9:50am On Apr 17, 2018
PLEASE COMPARE THESE WORDS OF JESUS TO THE TEACHINGS OF ADEBOYE on "No Tithe No Heaven"

Then tell me who Adeboye is following - Jesus or Mammon?

1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
Matthew 25:31-46

The Sheep and the Goats
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne.

32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.

33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.

35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,

36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?

38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?

39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me
.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink,

43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
Re: "No Tithe, No Heaven" - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 17, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
I go quote you ode with your gonorrhea face. see person way dem give goat milk suck for small pikin becos na powder day comot from him mama breast won folo me talk. oga if the thing still day pain you, you fit die today oh we don print your obituary since last year. your opinion does not carry air to talk of weight. your moniker alone shows that you are the 54th housemaid of your master (HM).

deal with your problem no be me say make dem no abort you for belle. no be me cause poverty for your family. no be me say make you preek bend. no be me say make dem thruway you for for orphanage. no be me say make you day bed money to chop. no be me cause your present state of frustration. if you still day alive abeg waka fast and check yourself inside the next mortuary before you burst for road. lawna is out of business already.

ediot way no fit give girl belle with you watery sperm. Go and suck the big prick way dem take day slam and ANALyse your nyarsch. you gay way day wear pampers waka for town you wan folo me rant? you wan die? see guy my own no be 14 years jails oh. I go beat sperm comot for your brain. na online you won show your strength abi? ode! dirty thing way no fit baff well.

see agbero way no day pay house rent won follow me giddy on for nairaland oh. dem never born you well. You dirty preek wayaboki day reject with your old life.
Idiot, all what you've said before has no reference, I guess you need a brain disorder test.

We can then talk after the test. Ignorant Fool

Well, maybe it was inherited, who knows? grin
Re: "No Tithe, No Heaven" - Pastor Adeboye by Chiedu4Trump: 3:02pm On Apr 17, 2018
Cardinaljossy:

God bless you more and more bro.
Thanks and you too
Re: "No Tithe, No Heaven" - Pastor Adeboye by Chiedu4Trump: 3:05pm On Apr 17, 2018
neonly:

God bless you are u a pastor pls
Nah, loved by Jesus.
Re: "No Tithe, No Heaven" - Pastor Adeboye by dataking: 9:12pm On Apr 17, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
the thing pain you sha grin grin

Pain who. Just pointing out your foolishness and stupidity
Re: "No Tithe, No Heaven" - Pastor Adeboye by kolawoleibukun: 6:27am On Apr 19, 2018
dataking:

Pain who. Just pointing out your foolishness and stupidity
oga the thing pain you. no day form. you way no get finger day point out wetin? ode. oloshi
Re: "No Tithe, No Heaven" - Pastor Adeboye by kolawoleibukun: 6:28am On Apr 19, 2018
hm54:
Idiot, all what you've said before has no reference, I guess you need a brain disorder test.

We can then talk after the test. Ignorant Fool

Well, maybe it was inherited, who knows? grin
nobody know you for Nigeria. empty brain. leaky leaky yarsh gayman
Re: "No Tithe, No Heaven" - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 19, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
nobody know you for Nigeria. empty brain. leaky leaky yarsh gayman
I see, even your English sucks.

#illiteracyisadisease
Re: "No Tithe, No Heaven" - Pastor Adeboye by kolawoleibukun: 6:40am On Apr 21, 2018
If you are half as good in English language you wouldn't live in Nigeria without light. You way speak English who you come be na? smelling gay
hm54:
I see, even your English sucks.
#illiteracyisadisease
Re: "No Tithe, No Heaven" - Pastor Adeboye by Ubenedictus(m): 10:15am On Apr 23, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
mumu you no no your church
I actually sabi the topic, and at no time did the Catholic Church teach no indulgence no heaven .

lastly I see no reason for the insult

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chef Dammy Vs Pastor Adegoke Jeremiah: Church Members Curse And Threaten Her / Deeper Life Church Builds Park And Bridge In Lagos (Photos) / Man Kicked Out Of Anglican Church In Warri For 'Not Paying Tithe, Dressing Well'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.