Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,385 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Evan Hempel: Transgender Man Gives Birth, Breastfeeds Baby - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Evan Hempel: Transgender Man Gives Birth, Breastfeeds Baby (886 Views)

Transgender Inmate Impregnates 2 Female Inmates, Moved To Male Prison In U.S. / Two Female Prisoners Fall Pregnant After Having Sex With Transgender Inmate / Man Gives Up His House To Appease A god After Raping Pregnant Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evan Hempel: Transgender Man Gives Birth, Breastfeeds Baby by ejomahgrace44: 1:23pm On Apr 14, 2018
Transgender Man gives birth and breastfeeds his new baby. Evan Hempel, a US transgender male has given birth to a baby boy.

Born as a female, he started taking hormones in 2003 to physically become a transgender man, but never lost the desire to carry a baby. About five years ago, Evan and his female partner, decided to stop his testosterone injections and start trying artificial insemination with donor sperm.

After a couple of failed attempts, Hempel became pregnant in late 2015 and gave birth to a son.

Evan’s sister, Jessi, detailed the complicated relationship between masculinity as a transgender man and the feminine act of giving birth in this week’s issue of TIME magazine.

While some transgender men have trouble reconciling the physical feelings of pregnancy, Evan had no issues.

According to him:

“It was a gamble. I didn’t know how I’d feel. But it turns out I just feel like it’s really cool that my body can do this.”

It became quite complicated explaining his pregnant status to his colleagues at work.

Man Gives Birth, Breastfeeds Baby Boy
Most of them hadn’t realized he was transgender and still thought of him as a male. Evan, who is based in the Boston area, says he had positive experiences with everyone he informed of his pregnancy.

Although he missed out on the usual reactions from strangers, rather than sporting a baby bump, people just assumed he had a beer belly.

Evan also revealed that he had some difficulty getting his medical insurance to cover things like pregnancy tests.

This was because he was registered as male on all his documents. According to him, he had to repeatedly explain that his sex is female, and his gender is male.

After all the hassle at each checkup, Evan eventually gave in and changed his gender to female. His birth went smoothly, with his son arriving without complications.

Evan the transgender man is now chest-feeding (what transgender men call breastfeeding). He says he will eventually start taking testosterone again so his breasts will shrink back down.

Another critic mentioned that being same-sex attracted is shaped primarily by a person’s relationships, culture and other experiences, not genetics or prenatal hormones. The critic pointed that Evan Hempel was raised in a broken home. His father transformed as gay and divorced his mother and how the three daughters – including Evan, were born of that broken marriage.

Re: Evan Hempel: Transgender Man Gives Birth, Breastfeeds Baby by DEHVEHLOP(m): 1:25pm On Apr 14, 2018
Chaiiiiii
Re: Evan Hempel: Transgender Man Gives Birth, Breastfeeds Baby by timwudz(m): 1:29pm On Apr 14, 2018
And he thinks he has sense? undecided
Re: Evan Hempel: Transgender Man Gives Birth, Breastfeeds Baby by Litesanti(m): 2:43pm On Apr 14, 2018
This looks nasty lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Witness Narrate How Maryam Sanda Stabbed Her Husband, Bilyaminu Bello Steadily / Shameful: Police Compromises & Area Commander Justifies Crime / I Want To Get Rich Quick But I Don't Want To Work Very Hard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.