Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,628 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

How Can I Back Up My Mac To My Synology NAS - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Can I Back Up My Mac To My Synology NAS (807 Views)

2017 13" Macbook Pro - The Mac To Buy In 2020? / I Wanna Sell My Mac Book Pro / Is There Any Recuva For Mac To Recover Files On Mac? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Back Up My Mac To My Synology NAS by HotnaijaMarket(m): 6:53pm On Apr 14, 2018
Using a Mac to backup your Synology NAS requires you to make use of MacOS’s Time Machine backup utility. By so doing you can back up your entire computer to an external hard drive, it's also possible to use a local network to back up your NAS once the back up is on the network. Gradually, I will be showing you how to go about it

You can set up your Time Machine on your Mac, so you do that... you should just make a backup to an external hard drive that’s connected directly to your computer because it easier but you had rather use your Synology NAS that’s connected to your local networt which requires a bit more work to do, though it's not also stressful because it requires just few steps.
Today, I will be showing you 4 procedures to take if you want to backup your Mac. to a Synology NAS. Here are the procedures....

FIRST STEP:
CREATE A SHARE SPECIFICALLY FOR TIME MACHINE
This is the first thing you have to consider once you want to back up your Mac. on synology NAS, Create a separate shared folder on your NAS that’s specifically for Time Machine backups.

To do this, follow these below process... ( continue reading the post @ http://www.techdavids.com/2018/04/how-can-i-back-up-my-mac-to-my-synology.html

(1) (Reply)

. / Glo HSI Router For Sale / Top Reasons Why Business Personnel Will Go For Galaxy Tab S4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.