Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Iphone 6s SIM Not Recognize Problem Pls Help - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone 6s SIM Not Recognize Problem Pls Help (1169 Views)

Spectranet Sim Not Working On My Redmi 9s Somebody Help / My New Glo sim Not Sending Messages Pls / My 4G Mtn Sim Not Compatible With My New Nokia 3.1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iphone 6s SIM Not Recognize Problem Pls Help by obaangeli: 7:08pm On Apr 14, 2018
Greetings to all d phone guru in d house especially those who are iPhone enthusiast unlike myself Android addict. Few weeks back I got some iPhone from USA to be sold, i successfully sold all except one (iPhone 6s 64gb). It has sim issue and I tot it was locked until d sender confirmed to me that none of d iPhones was locked. So I ran a check on the said phone with my little understanding and d result revealed
FIND MY PHONE STATUS - clean
ICLOUD STATUS - clean
BLACK LIST STATUS- clean
TELEPHONE TECNICAL SUPPORT - expired
WARRANTY (repair & service coverage) - expired
SIM LOCK STATUS - unknown
whenever SIM is inserted into d phone 3G and network bar will display at first but later the message SIM NOT RECOGNIZE will come up. Pls guru in d house over to u, I kindly help me out. Thanks
Re: Iphone 6s SIM Not Recognize Problem Pls Help by ib4real95(m): 8:15pm On Apr 14, 2018
obaangeli:
Greetings to all d phone guru in d house especially those who are iPhone enthusiast unlike myself Android addict. Few weeks back I got some iPhone from USA to be sold, i successfully sold all except one (iPhone 6s 64gb). It has sim issue and I tot it was locked until d sender confirmed to me that none of d iPhones was locked. So I ran a check on the said phone with my little understanding and d result revealed
FIND MY PHONE STATUS - clean
ICLOUD STATUS - clean
BLACK LIST STATUS- clean
TELEPHONE TECNICAL SUPPORT - expired
WARRANTY (repair & service coverage) - expired
SIM LOCK STATUS - unknown
whenever SIM is inserted into d phone 3G and network bar will display at first but later the message SIM NOT RECOGNIZE will come up. Pls guru in d house over to u, I kindly help me out. Thanks
I had this same issue with my 6s also about a few weeks ago. i went online and all i did was to blow out dust from the sim slot. I haven't had the sim card not inserted or recognized issue ever since then. So give it a try. Note- i got my iphone brand new
Re: Iphone 6s SIM Not Recognize Problem Pls Help by obaangeli: 9:31pm On Apr 14, 2018
Thanks. But let me categorically state here d response I get each time sim is inserted into the phone
"SIM NOT RECOGNIZE "
the SIM card that you currently have inserted in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier. Please contact apple for more information.
Re: Iphone 6s SIM Not Recognize Problem Pls Help by ib4real95(m): 11:05pm On Apr 14, 2018
obaangeli:
Thanks. But let me categorically state here d response I get each time sim is inserted into the phone
"SIM NOT RECOGNIZE "
the SIM card that you currently have inserted in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier. Please contact apple for more information.
Oops.. your iphone is carrier locked. Know what network your iphone is locked to then search for those that can unlock it here on nairaland. Hope you got the phone cheap tho?
Re: Iphone 6s SIM Not Recognize Problem Pls Help by MarkWayne89: 10:17am On Apr 16, 2018
I would advise to try to find out on this network was this phone locked. If it was from a CDMA one then you won't be able to use it with a GSM sim card. Please check here: https://www.unlockunit.com/blog/cdma-networks

Also, try to run a GSX report to find the lock status and network on which the phone was used. wink

(1) (Reply)

Phone Under 20000 Budget / Newly Automated Data Purchase And Prices Released -(MTN, GLO, Airtel, Etisalat) / What Phone Can I Get Between 30 To 35k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.