Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,845 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? (33639 Views)

How You Can Successfully Import Cheap Product From 1688 To Nigeria / I Need A Container Of Shea Butter / Supply Of Product : Diesel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by All4good: 7:39pm On Apr 18, 2018
americanson:
okay. But what about the SONCAP ish... How do I over come it please?
You need SONCAP.
It is usually issued in the country of goods manufacture after SON officials visit.
Obtaining it is quite easy and straight forward. If you are dealing directly with the product manufacturer in China.
Tell the manufacturer you need SONCAP certificate of the products to be sent with your bill of laden. The manufacturer will include the cost of the SONCAP to cost of goods and issue you invoice. (Note that your manufacturer will advice you of a Shipping company) Once you pay, manufacturer handles the remaining process. You only need to make sure your bill of laden, SONCAP and any other documents specified in your Form M gets to your Clearing agent in good time to avoid demurrage. You need a good and honest Clearing Agent at this point. Lots of tout without an office claim to be a Clearing Agent. The Clearing Agent is the one in position to answer all the questions you have been asking.
Hope this helped. Wishing you success ahead.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by americanson: 8:39pm On Apr 18, 2018
All4good:

You need SONCAP.
It is usually issued in the country of goods manufacture after SON officials visit.
Obtaining it is quite easy and straight forward. If you are dealing directly with the product manufacturer in China.
Tell the manufacturer you need SONCAP certificate of the products to be sent with your bill of laden. The manufacturer will include the cost of the SONCAP to cost of goods and issue you invoice. (Note that your manufacturer will advice you of a Shipping company) Once you pay, manufacturer handles the remaining process. You only need to make sure your bill of laden, SONCAP and any other documents specified in your Form M gets to your Clearing agent in good time to avoid demurrage. You need a good and honest Clearing Agent at this point. Lots of tout without an office claim to be a Clearing Agent. The Clearing Agent is the one in position to answer all the questions you have been asking.
Hope this helped. Wishing you success ahead.
Thanks a lot bro. I feel at ease now...
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by americanson: 7:47am On Apr 19, 2018
Connoisseur:

Most clearing companies are Form M compliant. They process these forms months in advance in anticipation of protective clients. The agent's gives you the Form M and BA no which is processed with their name, the BoL is issued in the name of your agent's company while you are the notify party. This simply means your agent is the importer.
The benefits of this process far outweighs the inconvenience of not having your name as the importer.

Good morning sir. Was just going over the thread again to take down any point I must have missed.

Based on your submission Here it means before I even pay for the goods or shipping, it is therefore imperative that I should get an agent FIRST, am I right?
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by americanson: 7:54am On Apr 19, 2018
olatunji71:
Let me also emphasise that importation of goods is not for the faint hearted be cos there are lots of intrigues involved. You don't have prior knowledge like you stated earlier on so you must equally thread with maximum care by seeking for series of advices from experienced importers. That would do you a lot of good and you would have yourself to thank for doing just that.
Thanks, at least I have started asking as u can see from this thread.
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by americanson: 8:02am On Apr 19, 2018
sonnie10:

Let me explain. It's not that your goods won't fit in the 20ft, it certainly will. The issue is that it is by itself and would have it's own bill of laden. This bill of laden is what customs and other authorities at the port look at to inspect, collect tax and allow your goods in. Your agent would have a lot of work to do, but at the end, the money comes from you and this drives cost.
However, in groupage, a predetermined amount is charged by the agent and cost is reduced by leveraging on others who will also contribute their own share towards their own goods. That is how small impoter survive the high cost of shipping and clearing.

hello, if I am gonna do groupage, whom do I tell to make it so? That is, is it the manufacturer or the shipping line that would be told to make it groupage?
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by Connoisseur(m): 8:13am On Apr 19, 2018
americanson:

Good morning sir. Was just going over the thread again to take down any point I must have missed.

Based on your submission Here it means before I even pay for the goods or shipping, it is therefore imperative that I should get an agent FIRST, am I right?

You do not need to have an agent before you pay for your goods. You need to have an agent before the seller ships or at the point of shipping. This is because the agent would have to guide you on some of the process to make clearing easier.
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:29am On Apr 19, 2018
sonnie10:

Let me explain. It's not that your goods won't fit in the 20ft, it certainly will. The issue is that it is by itself and would have it's own bill of laden. This bill of laden is what customs and other authorities at the port look at to inspect, collect tax and allow your goods in. Your agent would have a lot of work to do, but at the end, the money comes from you and this drives cost.
However, in groupage, a predetermined amount is charged by the agent and cost is reduced by leveraging on others who will also contribute their own share towards their own goods. That is how small impoter survive the high cost of shipping and clearing.

This sound interesting mate, If i may ask what is the purpose of groupage and How can first importer minimum is cost on Oil substance ?

You advise is well appreciated .
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by americanson: 8:39am On Apr 19, 2018
Connoisseur:

You do not need to have an agent before you pay for your goods. You need to have an agent before the seller ships or at the point of shipping. This is because the agent would have to guide you on some of the process to make clearing easier.
I understand but I was talking with respect to the Form M requirement, since it is stated that one should open a Form M first before importing and you also mentioned that agent can help with theirs (Form M). I interpreted it to mean that I have to get an agent FIRST to sort out the Form M before proceeding to pay the manufacturer.
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by Connoisseur(m): 12:27pm On Apr 19, 2018
americanson:
I understand but I was talking with respect to the Form M requirement, since it is stated that one should open a Form M first before importing and you also mentioned that agent can help with theirs (Form M). I interpreted it to mean that I have to get an agent FIRST to sort out the Form M before proceeding to pay the manufacturer.

Yeah based on your status, I think you should get an agent first. He would be able to guide you.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by sonnie10: 8:59pm On Apr 19, 2018
americanson:

Only banks can officially issue a Form M and not agents. Any other way you go about it is backyard business.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by SoapQueen(f): 9:49pm On Apr 19, 2018
americanson:

I asked the manufacturer and they told me that 9xx unit will feel 20FT and since we are buying 8xx units, which is very close to 9xx, I believe there is no need for groupage (LCL).

Concerning the SONCAP, doesn't the shipping company handle that?

Cc: Connoisseur , please can you shed light on this SONCAP?

Cc: iyajelili, please do you use SONCAP during your company's import? Please help on ways to go about it.

Thanks.

Keep it up! Best wishes! Inspiring!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by americanson: 11:19pm On Apr 19, 2018
SoapQueen:

Keep it up! Best wishes! Inspiring!
How are you,my oyibo grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:28am On Apr 20, 2018
solepager:

Are you trying to be sarcastic or what?

you tell me.....
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by SoapQueen(f): 5:09am On Apr 20, 2018
americanson:
How are you,my oyibo grin grin cheesy cheesy

OgaBoss Sir, I'm good Sir.
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by americanson: 6:35am On Apr 20, 2018
SoapQueen:

OgaBoss Sir, I'm good Sir.
oh great. Have you met with young yet?
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by hamzyluv(m): 2:30pm On Apr 20, 2018
Premiumwriter:
Abeg Wetin be container? Seriously I've been hearing the word but don't know what it meant in importation

Its called musical instruments .. grin grin grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by americanson: 4:54pm On Apr 20, 2018
hamzyluv:

Its called musical instruments .. grin grin grin grin cheesy
lol... don't mind that guy.
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by americanson: 5:13pm On Apr 20, 2018
sonnie10:

Only banks can officially issue a Form M and not agents. Any other way you go about it is backyard business.

According to Connoisseur, some Agents apply for the Form M from the bank in advance in expectant of a prospective client and by extension, they use their own Form M and act as the importer, which allows the client (me in this case) to use theirs.

He didn't say agents issue Form M. What he meant is that the agents go to the bank and apply for it but front as the importer, using his or her name but the client will be aware of all these while it is on going, which saves time too!

I am also aware that a form M is valid for 180 days and can be extend to another 180 days, bringing it to 360 days validity usage.
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by Connoisseur(m): 5:50pm On Apr 20, 2018
americanson:

According to Connoisseur, some Agents apply for the Form M from the bank in advance in expectant of a prospective client and by extension, they use their own Form M and act as the importer, which allows the client (me in this case) to use theirs.

He didn't say agents issue Form M. What he meant is that the agents go to the bank and apply for it but front as the importer, using his or her name but the client will be aware of all these while it is on going, which saves time too!

I am also aware that a form M is valid for 180 days and can be extend to another 180 days, bringing it to 360 days validity usage.

You got that

1 Like

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by Shugavee(f): 8:39am On Apr 21, 2018
Lifeofpolice1:
stop ✋✋ lying or i slap the hell out of your mouth and also block this thread

How can mini importation shipping company charge $20000 how much profit do you hope to gain.

If you lack basic information on shipping fee or company stop posting what you do know

Assumption in life kills like HIV
why couldn't you add something useful to the thread than insulting the Op! I wonder why grown men behave like kids!!

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by Lifeofpolice1(m): 10:43am On Apr 21, 2018
Shugavee:
why couldn't you add something useful to the thread than insulting the Op! I wonder why grown men behave like kids!!
sorry na
I have change and besides the thread is over

1 Like

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by americanson: 4:22pm On Apr 21, 2018
Shugavee:
He got my two accounts banned because I retaliated after he had insulted me and then he goes around looking for investors that will invest in his transport business. I already told him.... that business will never materialize.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by SoapQueen(f): 12:06am On Apr 22, 2018
americanson:
oh great. Have you met with young yet?

Just got home! Had the time of my life! Was a great and fun meet.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by americanson: 5:58am On Apr 22, 2018
SoapQueen:

oh wow congrats.
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by americanson: 1:59pm On Apr 22, 2018
SoapQueen:

I replied your PM from days ago and dropped my real email. Do well to check.
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by SoapQueen(f): 4:43pm On Apr 22, 2018
americanson:
I replied your PM from days ago and dropped my real email. Do well to check.

Replied. I'm groggy as hell.
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by americanson: 4:56pm On Apr 22, 2018
SoapQueen:

sorry. Hope u didn't take alcohol?
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by americanson: 4:58pm On Apr 22, 2018
SoapQueen:

didn't get ur reply.
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by SoapQueen(f): 5:02pm On Apr 22, 2018
americanson:
sorry. Hope u didn't take alcohol?

Hells nah.. I don't drink at all.
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by americanson: 6:20pm On Apr 22, 2018
SoapQueen:

Hells nah.. I don't drink at all.
okay. Didn't see any reply from u though. Happy Sunday
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by Danirose007(m): 8:12pm On Apr 22, 2018
RealityShot:
is it you that should be looking for a shipping agent?
Is that not the work of the selling company?
Except of course you are buying things from different companies and loading them together into one container, right?

I will suggest Maersk Nig. Ltd. I see lots of containers in their name.
Contact them see if they can help you.
my thoughts exactly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FIRS Clarifies Directive On Self Certification Forms For Bank Account Holders. / Why We Should Reject The N10,000 Withdrawal Limit / Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.