Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

2019: Aisha Buhari Declares Support For Husband’s Re-election Bid - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Aisha Buhari Declares Support For Husband’s Re-election Bid (19328 Views)

2019: Aisha Buhari Shut Down Kano For Buhari, Very Massive Welcome / Aisha Buhari Backtracks, Constitutes Campaign Team For Husband’s Re-election / Buhari Told APC He Won't Seek Re-Election In 2019 - Aisha Alhassan Tells Reuter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Aisha Buhari Declares Support For Husband’s Re-election Bid by sirequity(m): 10:55am On Apr 15, 2018
AISHA Buhari, wife of President Muhammadu Buhari, has declared support for her husband’s re-election bid.

President Buhari had on Monday officially made known his intention to vie for re-election.

Mrs Buhari who had in 2016 criticised her husband’s administration noting that it was veering from its mandate to the people made her new stance known in her acceptance letter to Vanguard Newspaper which made her its person of the year this week.

She had warned to withdraw her support to him if he seeks re-election unless he implemented immediate changes in personnel and policies.

“He is yet to tell me —if he’ll seek re-election — but I have decided as his wife, that if things continue like this up to 2019, I will not go out and campaign again and ask any woman to vote like I did before,” Mrs. Buhari told the BBC in an interview, adding that, “I will never do it again.”

Mr Buhari responded at the time by telling her to save her opinion of his government and confine herself to the kitchen.

Nearly two years on, Mr Buhari has commenced his re-election campaign, but yet to effect the cabinet shake-up demanded by his wife.

However, in her acceptance statement to Vanguard, Mrs Buhari did not say whether her expectations have been met, but indicated she would support his re-election bid.

She stated this in a statement circulated by her media aide Suleiman Haruna.

“As we are all aware, Nigerians elected this administration based on the trust and confidence they have on my husband.

“I therefore feel that we are here to serve Nigeria to the best of our ability. Let me use this opportunity to state that I support my husband in this call to service and will continue to do so,” the statement partly read.

https://www.headlineng.com/2019-aisha-buhari-support-husbands-re-election/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Aisha Buhari Declares Support For Husband’s Re-election Bid by Afriifa(m): 10:59am On Apr 15, 2018
you see it? people from that region will praise her for supporting her failure of husband to inflict more sufferings and death on Nigerians.
But they will criticize the Niger Deltans for celebrating Tompolo who fought to bring development , equity and justice to his people..
your hypocrisy stinks to the high heavens. spits..

125 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 2019: Aisha Buhari Declares Support For Husband’s Re-election Bid by jospepper(m): 11:02am On Apr 15, 2018
You think to be first Lady no sweet her?

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: Aisha Buhari Declares Support For Husband’s Re-election Bid by dadavivo: 11:06am On Apr 15, 2018
She will be the first lady of Daura community by next year February. enough of this madness. Illiterates are meant to be in the village.

94 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: Aisha Buhari Declares Support For Husband’s Re-election Bid by dabbyz(f): 11:06am On Apr 15, 2018
she doesn't have a choice

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Aisha Buhari Declares Support For Husband’s Re-election Bid by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 15, 2018
So she has been pretending all this while as if she doesn't want her husband to continue to rule.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Aisha Buhari Declares Support For Husband’s Re-election Bid by Afriifa(m): 11:11am On Apr 15, 2018
Next Year she ain't gonna be Wife of the President no more. she gon be recognized as wife of the old failure of Daura.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Aisha Buhari Declares Support For Husband’s Re-election Bid by Shadrackmadu(m): 11:11am On Apr 15, 2018
I dedicate these to my missing 100level fundamental philosophy result that is delaying my graduation from madonna university since 2016

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Aisha Buhari Declares Support For Husband’s Re-election Bid by chinoxstock: 11:12am On Apr 15, 2018
Who doesn't like to be first lady? Please let's vote Buhari again. Let's vote change. Perish wey fail should be allowed to repeat...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Aisha Buhari Declares Support For Husband’s Re-election Bid by Afriifa(m): 11:12am On Apr 15, 2018
Shadrackmadu:
I dedicate these to my missing 100level fundamental philosophy result that is delaying my graduation from madonna university since 2016
ooh man..Just one course?

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Aisha Buhari Declares Support For Husband’s Re-election Bid by Artzdanielsz(m): 11:15am On Apr 15, 2018
chia see strategy .meanwhile i am typing this while prayer is going on in church

1 Like

Re: 2019: Aisha Buhari Declares Support For Husband’s Re-election Bid by CarlosTheJackal: 11:17am On Apr 15, 2018
Aisha will surely support her husband but we all need to get our PVC to vote her husband out

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: Aisha Buhari Declares Support For Husband’s Re-election Bid by SillyMods: 11:22am On Apr 15, 2018
Pigs and idiots of Nigeria, over to you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Aisha Buhari Declares Support For Husband’s Re-election Bid by jerecrown(m): 11:22am On Apr 15, 2018
kiss
Re: 2019: Aisha Buhari Declares Support For Husband’s Re-election Bid by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 15, 2018
Aisha was threatened at gun point with ex-communication from buhari's family

6 Likes

Re: 2019: Aisha Buhari Declares Support For Husband’s Re-election Bid by sirequity(m): 11:53am On Apr 15, 2018
Talk and postpone.
Re: 2019: Aisha Buhari Declares Support For Husband’s Re-election Bid by nairavsdollars(f): 2:27pm On Apr 15, 2018
She has no choice. Otherwise from the oza room, she will be pushed to the kitchen and from there to the street.

5 Likes

Re: 2019: Aisha Buhari Declares Support For Husband’s Re-election Bid by awa(m): 2:27pm On Apr 15, 2018
Foolish support.... Which personnel and policy did the incumbent change that now warrant her support?

Buhari should just give us the kind of election we got from GEJ and wait to see how Nigerians will vote him out of power. 4 Years of no result and blame games....we ain't fools madam. Your one vote means nothing to us

16 Likes

Re: 2019: Aisha Buhari Declares Support For Husband’s Re-election Bid by Abbeyme: 2:27pm On Apr 15, 2018
Ìyàwó rere
Re: 2019: Aisha Buhari Declares Support For Husband’s Re-election Bid by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 15, 2018
Is this not the same woman that said she ll personally go against the re election of her husband if he dosint perform as expected?

See this foolish hyprocrite.

9 Likes

Re: 2019: Aisha Buhari Declares Support For Husband’s Re-election Bid by dprice(m): 2:28pm On Apr 15, 2018
so dis is the reason for your open up recently
Re: 2019: Aisha Buhari Declares Support For Husband’s Re-election Bid by adadike(f): 2:28pm On Apr 15, 2018
I don't blame her, she is just being a good wife and only God knows what the cabals threatened her with.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Aisha Buhari Declares Support For Husband’s Re-election Bid by Primusinterpares(m): 2:28pm On Apr 15, 2018
Now I know she does not even have an iota of love for her husband...

The only support is to allow the old man go and rest and enjoy his gratituity for his remaining last days on earth...

Nigeria's problem is too big for this old man to carry.

5 Likes

Re: 2019: Aisha Buhari Declares Support For Husband’s Re-election Bid by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:29pm On Apr 15, 2018
Normal

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Aisha Buhari Declares Support For Husband’s Re-election Bid by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 15, 2018
God bless His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)

2023 Ascerta!

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Aisha Buhari Declares Support For Husband’s Re-election Bid by Omeokachie: 2:29pm On Apr 15, 2018
Hahahaha...

No brainer. I knew that all the talk of not supporting him is just gra-gra.

Who no like the first lady tag?

1 Like

Re: 2019: Aisha Buhari Declares Support For Husband’s Re-election Bid by francisduru: 2:29pm On Apr 15, 2018
Ema Lo WA oooooo

Re: 2019: Aisha Buhari Declares Support For Husband’s Re-election Bid by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 15, 2018
Re: 2019: Aisha Buhari Declares Support For Husband’s Re-election Bid by Adebowale89(m): 2:30pm On Apr 15, 2018
what's the news about that, every sane Nigerians knew Mrs integrity would support her husband. I have know she would support her husband when she have started with her political statement condemning foreign medical trips when is glaring all buhari's go for medical check up as they like beside are you expecting her to let go of those presidential private jets she flown out just like that?

where are those babies saying Aisha would be a good president than her husband, if all of you know how power intoxicate people, women especially, you won't come up with that half brain statement

when is she going to resume in frying the akara? when are they going to start contributing for buhari reelection form? when is buhari protocol going to buy a sachet of Milo and peak milk to deceive the gullible? when is buhari promises going to start

I would cease talking about Nigeria politics if buhari get reelected after the genocide going in Benue and taraba, your eyes will be clear when you know the killings in Benue is more than farmers/herdsmen clashes

1 Like

Re: 2019: Aisha Buhari Declares Support For Husband’s Re-election Bid by eddyslim(m): 2:30pm On Apr 15, 2018
This aisha issa two edged sword, I swear down

1 Like

Re: 2019: Aisha Buhari Declares Support For Husband’s Re-election Bid by Felixalex(m): 2:30pm On Apr 15, 2018
She don reason how life go be outside ASO Rock...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Military Spokesperson, Sani Usman, Retires / Ibrahim Idris Rejects Kogi PDP Campaign Chairmanship / #EndSARSMemorial: Survivors Of Lekki Shootings Recount Ordeal (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.