Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,638 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder (64766 Views)

Udeh Chiamaka Victoria Graduates With First Class In Medicine In Russia / Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced / Oforkaja Chiamaka Rachel‎, FUTO Undergraduate Slays In Birthday Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder by undefeated(m): 8:03am On Apr 16, 2018
Thank God she is from Kogi we will at least be at peace from tribalistic bigots

1 Like

Re: Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder by Sarang(f): 8:06am On Apr 16, 2018
barojana:
This isn't the first person I have heard who graduated from the UK to come and do higher degrees in Covenant university. It seems that school is gradually becoming a powerhouse since it now attracts graduates of foreign universities. They just need to drop religious extremism which they put the undergraduates through and they might be competing favorably with foreign universities. Plus they would be saving Nigerians a lot of foreign exchange...

As per name. It seems she's both Yoruba/Igbo. But all these tribalism is just irrelevant. That your tribe's person is succeeding doesn't give your own life meaning. Let us face each of our own lives and make a meaning of it.
Lalasticlala FP.

Exactly at the bolded..

1 Like

Re: Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder by MrNigeria2018: 8:07am On Apr 16, 2018
HigherEd:
Ejo nitori olorun where did you guys see chiamaka? I thought her name was 'motilewa deborah bolanle'. Well maybe she also bears chiamaka sha. No wonder tho she looks more like a chiamaka than a bolanle grin

She is my cousin and doesn’t Chiamaka

She is Motilewa Deborah Bolanle

Igbo has edited it

1 Like

Re: Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder by obailala(m): 8:07am On Apr 16, 2018
She had already bagged her Bachelors and MSc by 2012 when she was just 19/20?... wow!
Re: Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder by MrNigeria2018: 8:08am On Apr 16, 2018
undefeated:
Thank God she is from Kogi we will at least be at peace from tribalistic bigots

Part of Kogi State are part of Yoruba land called Omo Okun

It’s obvious to a blind man she is a Yoruba girl

Kill yourself

We appreciate and celebrate our own

4 Likes

Re: Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 16, 2018
Common this girl again, OK she don finish school, now what grin
Re: Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder by YorubaAssasin: 8:10am On Apr 16, 2018
OboOlora:
To the Mod that banned me for a few days/weeks, thank you for making me concentrate on my exams.

However, I heard it’s rainy season in Nigeria. Please be careful cos of thunder.

This oloorun, abegi STFU!!! angry angry
Re: Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder by jaychubi: 8:11am On Apr 16, 2018
Chiamaka?

Our people Igbo Amaka

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder by MrNigeria2018: 8:11am On Apr 16, 2018
EmagNig:
A 25 year old Nigerian lady, Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa has been awarded a PhD degree at the Covenant University, Otta making her the youngest PhD holder to be ever produced from the University.

Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa is a graduate of Dublin Business School, Ireland(BA), University of Aberdeen, Econs(MA) and Covenant University where she had her Doctoral degree in Business Administration.

The obviously excited young lady took to twitter to make the announcement.

The Jos-born erudite hails from Kogi State, although her mum is from Anambra state. She later moved to Lagos with her parents where she attended Chrisland Primary School Ikeja, and Chrisland College Idimu.

She then proceeded to Dublin Business School, Ireland where she had her BA(hons) in Accounting and Finance (2011) and an MSC(Econs) International Business, Energy and Petroleum from the University of Aberdeen, UK (2012).

According to information on the Covenant University website, Chiamaka is a lecturer at the Business Administration department of the university.

Her profile on the website reads:

https://lailasnews.com/25-year-old-chiamaka-deborah-motilewa-bags-phd-at-covennet-university/

lalasticlala

One Igbo bastard has edited this

She is my cousin

She has never bear that disgusting name called Chiamaka

Her names are Motilewa Deborah Bolanle

2 Likes

Re: Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder by Hector09(m): 8:12am On Apr 16, 2018
Congrate darlin, most guys are dumb, any time they heard of a successful girl they start to compare nairaland ladies with them, they forgot that not every persons we go to school, some persons are good in their own way

1 Like

Re: Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder by MrNigeria2018: 8:13am On Apr 16, 2018
barojana:
This isn't the first person I have heard who graduated from the UK to come and do higher degrees in Covenant university. It seems that school is gradually becoming a powerhouse since it now attracts graduates of foreign universities. They just need to drop religious extremism which they put the undergraduates through and they might be competing favorably with foreign universities. Plus they would be saving Nigerians a lot of foreign exchange...

As per name. It seems she's both Yoruba/Igbo. But all these tribalism is just irrelevant. That your tribe's person is succeeding doesn't give your own life meaning. Let us face each of our own lives and make a meaning of it.
Lalasticlala FP.

One shameless Igbo bastard has chosen to be unfortunate today by editing the post

A full blooded Yoruba girl

No mix

God punish una

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder by nonye6194: 8:20am On Apr 16, 2018
OboOlora:
To the Mod that banned me for a few days/weeks, thank you for making me concentrate on my exams.

However, I heard it’s rainy season in Nigeria. Please be careful cos of thunder.

angry
OboOlora:

Re: Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder by Collins87: 8:31am On Apr 16, 2018
I know the next thing is marriage! Congrats to her.

1 Like

Re: Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder by rad8(m): 8:33am On Apr 16, 2018
MrNigeria2018:

One shameless Igbo bastard has chosen to be unfortunate today by editing the post

A full blooded Yoruba girl

No mix

God punish una

Nigeria has many problems and one of them is tribalism. The young lady's achievement is hers and does not belong to any tribe or language.
Also, Nigeria's education system is shiit. Spending four or five years for an undergraduate degree is pure waste. I'm doing my masters in the UK and I realize undergraduates spend two to three years at the university. They are taught exactly what they need instead of wasting year one and two doing stupid GSTs, chemistry or physics when the truth is those courses have no affiliation to what you are studying.
Apart from being a smart lady, she spent 3 years at UG and experienced no strike or failing teaching standards, did her MSc in a year and boom she's done. Covenant is a good uni and fast too. All these as I earlier stated boils down to a fast and working education system which we lack in this country.
Congrats to the young lady....she deserves that. She does not deserve to be claimed by any tribe or religion. Her hard work and good education background is hers and hers only.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder by rad8(m): 8:36am On Apr 16, 2018
Collins87:
I know the next thing is marriage! Congrats to her.

Seriously, if these youths are our future, we have no hope. This isn't the 90s, where we objectify women to marriage and the kitchen. She's done her hard work and would marry when she wants.
Re: Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder by Elmojiid(m): 8:40am On Apr 16, 2018
[quote author=hypnotic post=66736155]Wife material [/quote which type of materials akanra or lace
Re: Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder by MrNigeria2018: 8:44am On Apr 16, 2018
rad8:

Nigeria has many problems and one of them is tribalism. The young lady's achievement is hers and does not belong to any tribe or language.
Also, Nigeria's education system is shiit. Spending four or five years for an undergraduate degree is pure waste. I'm doing my masters in the UK and I realize undergraduates spend two to three years at the university. They are taught exactly what they need instead of wasting year one and two doing stupid GSTs, chemistry or physics when the truth is those courses have no affiliation to what you are studying.
Apart from being a smart lady, she spent 3 years at UG and experienced no strike or failing teaching standards, did her MSc in a year and boom she's done. Covenant is a good uni and fast too. All these as I earlier stated boils down to a fast and working education system which we lack in this country.
Congrats to the young lady....she deserves that. She does not deserve to be claimed by any tribe or religion. Her hard work and good education background is hers and hers only.

We celebrate our own

We set the pace Mr

No doubt, Yorubas always set the pace while others follow

It’s not a pride but statement of fact

If she is blind or disable, who ll carry her? We ll be the one to carry our own

Now that she has accomplished this, let’s celebrate her as our own.

3 Likes

Re: Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder by CSTR1003: 8:45am On Apr 16, 2018
No big deal.

If you are brainy, and have the funding for a complete foreign education, getting a PHD at 25 would not be too surprising.

There are Asians that got theirs far younger while smashing academic records too.
Re: Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder by livinbygrace: 8:45am On Apr 16, 2018
lestat:
Well done

I hope she has gotten her PVC

Imagine this young lady as a minister , it's obvious her ministry will perform well.
We need young.smart people in government

Forget the young smart slogan,when it comes to serving humanity or public servant, experience also count.She has to starts from the bottom not from the top.Ministerial position is not for the inept .Bikonu

1 Like

Re: Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder by idu1(m): 8:50am On Apr 16, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Nigerians and tribal fights. If I was president I will stop interschool debates and replace it with inter tribal intellectual competitions. Nigeria will develop faster that way. Imagine a Yoruba vs Hausa industrialization competition or Igbo vs Ijaw crude oil refining competition. Chai Nigerians.
grin grin
Re: Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder by rad8(m): 8:52am On Apr 16, 2018
MrNigeria2018:

We celebrate our own

We set the pace Mr

No doubt, Yorubas always set the pace while others follow

It’s not a pride but statement of fact

If she is blind or disable, who ll carry her? We ll be the one to carry our own

Now that she has accomplished this, let’s celebrate her as our own.

She does not deserve you then. Tell me, how does tribalism help us in this country. Instead of electing or appointing the most qualified people into office, we base our judgement on where he or she comes from...and see where that landed us (if you are wondering....no where in particular). She's Nigerian, a lady and she has a Phd. Other qualifications are nothing
Re: Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder by rad8(m): 9:00am On Apr 16, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Nigerians and tribal fights. If I was president I will stop interschool debates and replace it with inter tribal intellectual competitions. Nigeria will develop faster that way. Imagine a Yoruba vs Hausa industrialization competition or Igbo vs Ijaw crude oil refining competition. Chai Nigerians.

If i was president...i will remove that place on forms that asks for tribe and state of origin. We only put that to be tribalistic. Also, during academic exams and job appointments, instead of people putting their names on exam sheet or application forms, i would replace that with a set of alphanumeric characters. That way, you get selected or disqualified because of your qualification and not because of your tribal name.
Re: Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder by geosegun(m): 9:00am On Apr 16, 2018
Unrepentant Liar Bloggers...this exposes how bloggers lie to change course of histories. Believe everything written by bloggers at your own peril. CU has the profile of this young lady and nothing of of such name was on her CV.

I think I am beginning to believe in Covenant University competencies in providing a leeway to the country' moribund education. I may bring my wards here, from abroad, for the Nigerian experience, we crave for occasionally.

3 Likes

Re: Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder by Funkybabee(f): 9:01am On Apr 16, 2018
Money is good...wish this for my kids ooo

I envy her
Re: Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder by DisGuy: 9:08am On Apr 16, 2018
Congratulations to her!

I personally prefer to be taught/lectured by someone with real industrial experience than..... i mean especially for business!

Impressive stuff nontheless
Re: Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder by Nobody: 9:23am On Apr 16, 2018
She went to my pri and secondary school. kiss Showing forth the light.
Re: Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder by donqx: 9:41am On Apr 16, 2018
really
Re: Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder by olapluto(m): 10:23am On Apr 16, 2018
She did PhD for 6 years? I also just checked some of her publications and the journals she published in. I wont want to be a killjoy, so I will say nothing about the publications.
However, Covenant Uni, while ticking the box, is not necessarily doing it right. When you pay to publish an article, then you're sort of buying recognition. I still respect articles published in reputable journals by Nigerian univerisities no matter how scant, to those plenty paid publications.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder by HigherEd: 11:18am On Apr 16, 2018
olapluto:
She did PhD for 6 years? I also just checked some of her publications and the journals she published in. I wont want to be a killjoy, so I will say nothing about the publications.
However, Covenant Uni, while ticking the box, is not necessarily doing it right. When you pay to publish an article, then you're sort of buying recognition. I still respect articles published in reputable journals by Nigerian univerisities no matter how scant, to those plenty paid publications.
She is just a graduate assistant lol. There are GAs in public universities that don't even have a single publication to their names.

Pls tell me exactly what is wrong with pay to publish articles? And in what way are they buying recognition?

And no shed didn't do PhD for 6 years. She started in 2014.
Re: Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder by MightySparrow: 11:35am On Apr 16, 2018
HigherEd:
Ejo nitori olorun where did you guys see chiamaka? I thought her name was 'motilewa deborah bolanle'. Well maybe she also bears chiamaka sha. No wonder tho she looks more like a chiamaka than a bolanle grin
big deal? I am a Yoruba man from Ekiti state, all my three kids bear igbo names. I even made mistake for not given them names from northern part of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder by faithfull18(f): 12:18pm On Apr 16, 2018
Impressive!

Spend less, Save more on data. Take a trip to my profile or have a look at my signature.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Funny Picture Of The Man That Created Exams / 2015/2016 Nnpc/total Scholarship Successful Candidates / Covenant University Has The Best Fashionistas (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.