Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,622 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

APC Unveils List Of National Convention Committee Members - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Unveils List Of National Convention Committee Members (13857 Views)

Udom Emmanuel's Campaign Committee Members Resign, Join APC. / Benjamin Uwajumogu Resigns As APC National Convention Committee Secretary / James Ibori Makes PDP Convention Committee Membership List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Unveils List Of National Convention Committee Members by Firgemachar: 11:35am On Apr 16, 2018
Tracypacy posting=66754197:
SAYS WHO?!

Go to YouTube and search for 'Message for Nigerians coming to the USA' by DJ City.

And many other evidence abound.
Re: APC Unveils List Of National Convention Committee Members by enlady(f): 11:52am On Apr 16, 2018
This is a thought provoking write up.
Tracypacy:
This is a time in Nigeria when people who earn 600k in this country are so eager to migrate. It's really hard to be hopeful. Every random professional now on their way to Canada and then US is organizing free tuition up to Ph.D level for our University first class students. Our young doctors are flying out in numbers and even the ones in medical schools are being locked out because of N100k.

I once held the theory that if you earn 250k, you don't need abroad. Just save for summer vacation. But I have seen prospects for the banking industry, abandon everything to go to US. I am alarmed. Come & see the calibre of Nigerians arriving here. I can even understand folks moving to Toronto or Vancouver small sef. But someone making more than 500k/month in Lagos/Abuja will move to Saskatoon or some no-name village in d Canadian prairies! Saskatoon is roughly like Omu Aran in Kwara-State, Nigeria!

Last year, I tried to discourage someone whose monthly salary was dangerously close to N1 million from moving. When he made his case, I kukuma encouraged & helped him move. A few months after he arrived here, his entire section of the company was laid off - just like that! Whenever I contemplate moving back home, my family & village people will say: "ha, the enemies have finally had us where they want us! Imagine Prof saying he is coming back to Nigeria!" Then everybody will run to Pastors to counter the efforts of the enemy over me. Those whose parents have sponsored abroad for studies and not been encouraged to come back home and use their skills here. We may be in the process of losing a whole generation of Nigeria’s Best and brightest.

I encourage emigration. For their children's sake. Until we/our govt are ready to address basics like Public School Education Reforms. People can buy generators/provide their own boreholes/Security/Build their roads...but Education? How many can afford overpriced Private-schools. The real danger now is that a whole generation of skilled workers are leaving and govt is not reforming Education to fill the gaps...so double jeopardy. Why each region must prioritize Education/Human Capital Development

2 Likes

Re: APC Unveils List Of National Convention Committee Members by Pojomojo: 12:05pm On Apr 16, 2018
Tell them and we see a lot of them in South Africa staying 10 in a flat meant for 2 people or selling drugs and pimping, some go around in big"Ghana must Go" looking for scrap metal to sell so they can just buy food and eat..and you really wonder how can a sane person travel from so far to live like a beggar in a foreign land and if they are deported they cry so uncontrollably , you will really feel for a big strong man crying like a baby but it tells you that back home in Nigeria the situation is really bad and dire.I as a South African can see that Nigerians are fighters if they can channel their energy in fighting to change their Government in Nigeria in no time the politicians will feel it and the corruption will crumble so that life will improve for the ordinary people, ask me as a South Africa we know how to make politicians do their work..It takes unity, organisation, determination and fearlessness..but as you soon as you "go abroad" it's a celebration for corrupt politicians because no one is putting pressure on them to deliver they will just continue looting with their families...by the time you come back from" abroad "you are old no money , family is still poor , you have spent all ur energy and youth in a foreign country , you are now back to square one in Nigeria.a lesson from me as a South African is to run a country is not to get"rich " but to let the country's resources to be enjoyed by citizens like good infrastructure, free health, free education, free housing for the needy, welfare for the old ,poor and orphans , constant breakable electricity and water that is what we are getting in South Africa today , and the money comes from taxing the rich who own the resources and most important the politicians and government are accountable to the people , we did that by first getting the political situation stable , putting institutions in place to safeguard our constitution...otherwise you will forever chase shadows in a foreign land trying to"make it"while the politicians are staying in Nigeria and milking you oil wealth
Tracypacy:
This is a time in Nigeria when people who earn 600k in this country are so eager to migrate. It's really hard to be hopeful. Every random professional now on their way to Canada and then US is organizing free tuition up to Ph.D level for our University first class students. Our young doctors are flying out in numbers and even the ones in medical schools are being locked out because of N100k.

I once held the theory that if you earn 250k, you don't need abroad. Just save for summer vacation. But I have seen prospects for the banking industry, abandon everything to go to US. I am alarmed. Come & see the calibre of Nigerians arriving here. I can even understand folks moving to Toronto or Vancouver small sef. But someone making more than 500k/month in Lagos/Abuja will move to Saskatoon or some no-name village in d Canadian prairies! Saskatoon is roughly like Omu Aran in Kwara-State, Nigeria!

Last year, I tried to discourage someone whose monthly salary was dangerously close to N1 million from moving. When he made his case, I kukuma encouraged & helped him move. A few months after he arrived here, his entire section of the company was laid off - just like that! Whenever I contemplate moving back home, my family & village people will say: "ha, the enemies have finally had us where they want us! Imagine Prof saying he is coming back to Nigeria!" Then everybody will run to Pastors to counter the efforts of the enemy over me. Those whose parents have sponsored abroad for studies and not been encouraged to come back home and use their skills here. We may be in the process of losing a whole generation of Nigeria’s Best and brightest.

I encourage emigration. For their children's sake. Until we/our govt are ready to address basics like Public School Education Reforms. People can buy generators/provide their own boreholes/Security/Build their roads...but Education? How many can afford overpriced Private-schools. The real danger now is that a whole generation of skilled workers are leaving and govt is not reforming Education to fill the gaps...so double jeopardy. Why each region must prioritize Education/Human Capital Development
Re: APC Unveils List Of National Convention Committee Members by Pojomojo: 12:17pm On Apr 16, 2018
Girl! I am clapping!!!!! You better let them know what is the truth. I know you were not talking to me but I have been thinking the same things for years now. How can you be a doctor in Nigeria then come to the US and bag groceries because you have to go back to school to become a doctor here? There's just so much that Africans have going for themselves but they just don't see it or know it. I guess if you could get rid of the corrupt governing officials and bring back all of the well studied from abroad Nigeria could be the real life Wakanda....IJS
Firgemachar:

Go to YouTube and search for 'Message for Nigerians coming to the USA' by DJ City.

And many other evidence abound.
American is not a country it is a SYSTEM. You live to work in American.
Re: APC Unveils List Of National Convention Committee Members by Firgemachar: 12:51pm On Apr 16, 2018
Pojomojo:
Girl! I am clapping!!!!! You better let them know what is the truth. I know you were not talking to me but I have been thinking the same things for years now. How can you be a doctor in Nigeria then come to the US and bag groceries because you have to go back to school to become a doctor here? There's just so much that Africans have going for themselves but they just don't see it or know it. I guess if you could get rid of the corrupt governing officials and bring back all of the well studied from abroad Nigeria could be the real life Wakanda....IJS

Our people will NEVER learn.

They just believe being abroad equals being successful and better than those back here.

Too bad!
Re: APC Unveils List Of National Convention Committee Members by Johnnyessence(m): 12:55pm On Apr 16, 2018
Pojomojo:
yeah, even your body structure shows it all.
Re: APC Unveils List Of National Convention Committee Members by wakeupafricanyo: 1:02pm On Apr 16, 2018
You can't reinforce failure
Failure is failure

IT DANKWAMBO TIME
Re: APC Unveils List Of National Convention Committee Members by Ballack1(m): 1:17pm On Apr 16, 2018
where is Ambode?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom PDP Statement On APC's Call For Sack Of INEC REC / Shehu Sani Loses At Tribunal / Testing Begins On 700MW Zungeru Hydroelectric Power Plant – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.