Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,236 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Doctors And Other Health Experts Please Answer This Questions Relating To HBP. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors And Other Health Experts Please Answer This Questions Relating To HBP. (509 Views)

Wonder Of Goron- Tula Fruit On Fertility And All Other Health Benefits. / Eating After 6pm Dangerous To Health - Experts / World's Hottest Looking Black Doctors And Nurses (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctors And Other Health Experts Please Answer This Questions Relating To HBP. by Deprofessional(m): 8:38am On Apr 16, 2018
Please I need answers to the following questions relating to HBP.

1) why is there no drug that can permanently keep our BP with the normal range? I mean, why must we take HBP drug for life?

2) what is the side effect of taking HBP drug everyday?

3) What is life expectancy of a person on HBP drugs?

4) what do you advice one with HBP ( 150/100)

5) Is it not absurd to suffer HBP at 43
Re: Doctors And Other Health Experts Please Answer This Questions Relating To HBP. by Deprofessional(m): 9:01am On Apr 16, 2018
Deprofessional:

1) why is there no drug that can permanently keep our BP with the normal range? I mean, why must we take HBP drug for life?

Re: Doctors And Other Health Experts Please Answer This Questions Relating To HBP. by Deprofessional(m): 11:11am On Apr 16, 2018
30 views, no response. are the doctors on strike?
Re: Doctors And Other Health Experts Please Answer This Questions Relating To HBP. by MissRaine69(f): 11:26am On Apr 16, 2018
Will try to address all matters
[/color] The problem with HBP especially amongst Africans is that we are genetically very predisposed to HBP due to how our kidneys metabolise sodium what does not help is the high sodium content in our diets. HBP especially when it’s persistently high despite treatment is common amongst Africans( anyone who is black basically regardless of location) . The common medication prescribed is a diuretic these drugs also cause side effects which means you need more medication to counteract that. And it becomes a cycle.

Most people require a complete lifestyle change as the cure medication. They come off medication.
[color=#000099]
this depends on what you are on. It should tell you with the leaflet that comes with the medication.

[/color] No one can answer this not even a doctor . If you don’t change your lifestyle obviously this makes your prognosis quite poor especially if you have other cormorbid conditions

[color=#000099]
Change your lifestyle It’s not a cure but it will help. You have Stage 2 hypertension the which is serious. Kindly look at the DASH diet I appreciate it’s diffficult to follow if you are based here but salt( getting low sodium salt helps) alcohol and reducing your weight if overweight should not be a hinderance. Everything you eat or drink cannot be taken for granted there is a lot of hidden salt in most food. A good example being Indomie noodles Maintain contact with your doctor and have regular blood checks.

[color=#000099][/color] No it’s not absurd, no one wakes up with HBP early symptoms presented a long time ago but you probably brushed them off until something major made you go to the doctor.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Doctors And Other Health Experts Please Answer This Questions Relating To HBP. by Deprofessional(m): 8:11am On Apr 17, 2018
MissRaine69:
Will try to address all matters
[/color] The problem with HBP especially amongst Africans is that we are genetically very predisposed to HBP due to how our kidneys metabolise sodium what does not help is the high sodium content in our diets. HBP especially when it’s persistently high despite treatment is common amongst Africans( anyone who is black basically regardless of location) . The common medication prescribed is a diuretic these drugs also cause side effects which means you need more medication to counteract that. And it becomes a cycle.

Most people require a complete lifestyle change as the cure medication. They come off medication.
[color=#000099]
this depends on what you are on. It should tell you with the leaflet that comes with the medication.

[/color] No one can answer this not even a doctor . If you don’t change your lifestyle obviously this makes your prognosis quite poor especially if you have other cormorbid conditions

[color=#000099]
Change your lifestyle It’s not a cure but it will help. You have Stage 2 hypertension the which is serious. Kindly look at the DASH diet I appreciate it’s diffficult to follow if you are based here but salt( getting low sodium salt helps) alcohol and reducing your weight if overweight should not be a hinderance. Everything you eat or drink cannot be taken for granted there is a lot of hidden salt in most food. A good example being Indomie noodles Maintain contact with your doctor and have regular blood checks.

[color=#000099][/color] No it’s not absurd, no one wakes up with HBP early symptoms presented a long time ago but you probably brushed them off until something major made you go to the doctor.

Hope this helps.
Re: Doctors And Other Health Experts Please Answer This Questions Relating To HBP. by Nobody: 3:10am On Apr 18, 2018
Deprofessional Bg4I02s01uZW
Deprofessional:

Re: Doctors And Other Health Experts Please Answer This Questions Relating To HBP. by Deprofessional(m): 11:40am On Apr 24, 2018
Deprofessional:

(1) (Reply)

20 Effective Tips To Lose Belly Fat (backed By Science) / These Are The Main Causes Of Diabetes / Solution To Ulcer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.