Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Fashola Commissions 20 Bed Accidents And Emergency Centre: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Commissions 20 Bed Accidents And Emergency Centre: (800 Views)

Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) / Fashola Commissions Peninsula Integrated Power Project. . PICS... / Fashola Commissions 100 New Air-Conditioned Buses At Oshodi - PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Commissions 20 Bed Accidents And Emergency Centre: by babapupa: 2:46pm On May 14, 2010
Re: Fashola Commissions 20 Bed Accidents And Emergency Centre: by blacksta(m): 2:59pm On May 14, 2010
Please repost pictures
Re: Fashola Commissions 20 Bed Accidents And Emergency Centre: by babapupa: 3:10pm On May 14, 2010
blacksta:

Please repost pictures

Fixed,
Re: Fashola Commissions 20 Bed Accidents And Emergency Centre: by ziga: 3:23pm On May 14, 2010
@babapupa

Please what part of Lagos is this located?

Slowly but surely, we will get to the promise land.
Re: Fashola Commissions 20 Bed Accidents And Emergency Centre: by babapupa: 3:29pm On May 14, 2010
^^^^Sorry about that,
Re: Fashola Commissions 20 Bed Accidents And Emergency Centre: by babapupa: 3:30pm On May 14, 2010

Lagos end of the Lagos Ibadan Expressway.

Fashola Commissions 20 Bed Accidents And Emergency Centre
…Restates commitment to save lives when road traffic accidents occur

May 13, 2010 - Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN) on Thursday restated his administration's commitment to save lives when road traffic accidents unavoidably occur as he handed over a twenty-bed trauma centre located at the Lagos end of the Lagos Ibadan Expressway.

The facility with full complements of staff and with both stabilization and treatment capacities for minor surgeries, laboratory and pharmaceutical services among others is aimed at ensuring victims of road accidents receive prompt medical attention to stabilize them and hopefully save their lives.

Governor Fashola, who noted that year-in-year-out ,statistics have been rolled out about how many lives are lost in the country as a result of fatalities of road traffic accidents, explained that the commissioning of the trauma centre was a demonstration of the administration's resolve to lead change and take steps to correct what is unacceptable.

The Governor declared, " while I acknowledge that efforts are being made at various levels of government to prevent accident, the reality is that preventive strategies alone will not save lives because even if we succeed in getting over all the human elements and errors that cause accidents, there will still be road traffic accidents that are unforeseeable and therefore, unpreventable".

"There will always be accidents due to mechanical failures, natural disasters and so much more and there will still be victims of road traffic accidents who must be saved from avoidable deaths", the Lagos State Governor said, explaining that while policies and programmes like driver education at the Drivers' Institutes, LASTMA traffic monitoring agency, Traffic Marshall Scheme, advocacy programmes are welcome and needed, they will not on their own be adequate to discharge the obligation to save life and property.

Said he; "The truth of whether or not accident victims will survive and recover depends not only on the level of medical care that they get but most importantly on how quickly they get it".

In his words: "Just a little about two years ago, I was just driving into Lagos on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway when an accident occurred ahead of us. We had to stop to help the victims with the ambulance and towing truck that I had attached permanently to my convoy in order to rescue victims. That was the day the necessity of for this kind of Trauma Centre came to my mind".

He added that after the experience, the issue was debated the State Executive Council and it was collectively agreed that this life saving facility be constructed, adding, "As I hand over this facility today, to the Glory of God and in the hope that the facility will become a strategic resource in the process of saving lives, I wish to assert that it is not enough for Lagos alone enough to do this and I do sincerely hope that States that share boundaries with us will be persuaded in the way that we have been, to make investments of this type at their State boundaries of this highway and other highways".

Earlier in his welcome address, the Commissioner for Health, Dr. Jide Idris, said one of the strategies adopted by the present administration to address the increasing incidents of road traffic accidents is to upgrade emergency medical services along the major highways in the State.

According to the Commissioner, "Road traffic accidents along our highways are assuming increasing public health significance and significantly contributing to the increasing morbidity and mortality trend among the population".

Dr. Idris said the conceptualization and design of the centre is embedded in the infrastructural development plan for the Health Sector and is aimed at the delivery of prompt and efficient emergency medical care with adequate staff to provide 24 hour emergency medical and surgical services.

Also present at the occasion were the Commissioner for Sports, Youths and Social Development, Prince Ademola Adeniji-Adele, his Agriculture and Cooperatives counterpart, Chief Enock Ajiboso, top officials of the Health Ministry, Local Government Chairmen and other top government functionaries.
Re: Fashola Commissions 20 Bed Accidents And Emergency Centre: by deor03(m): 3:30pm On May 14, 2010
Waooh ,

Impressive. At least for once i see my tax working in Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Was Murtala Muhahmmed Really A Hero? / Dr. Bukola Saraki - Thisday Emerging Tiger Award / The Igbos In Nigeria Should Embrace Zoning Agreement More Than Anything Else

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.