Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Castor Farming In Nigeria: The Trending Niche In Agriculture That May Make You - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Castor Farming In Nigeria: The Trending Niche In Agriculture That May Make You (6818 Views)

Castor Farming / Finding Your Own Niche In Agriculture!! / Castor Farming D Answer On What 2 Do With Ur Money: Trust Me U Ll Be Glad U Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Castor Farming In Nigeria: The Trending Niche In Agriculture That May Make You by yemtos10: 2:21pm On Apr 16, 2018
Castor farming has been trending since last year up to this moment I am writing this article. If you check the internet you will see things like “how you can make 50 million in seven years on 10 hectare of castor” or “earn millions of naira farming castor farming in a year”. A lot of juicy talks about castor farming has been circulating the internet for some time now and trust Nigerians they have gone into it without carrying out proper due diligence, and as a result they get their fingers burnt losing their money.

1 Like

Re: Castor Farming In Nigeria: The Trending Niche In Agriculture That May Make You by yemtos10: 2:24pm On Apr 16, 2018
I have seen some of them looking for whom or where to sell their castor seeds and rake millions, alas no one is ready to buy and if they eventually see, it may be at a ridiculous price. I really don’t pity them because they followed the bandwagons blindly just because of what they heard about making millions of naira in few months.

My dear agro-prenuers take note of this; Agriculture is not a ‘get-rich-quick scheme’ you have to follow business ethics to get you there, that is why I said it ‘may make you’. I really don’t pity these set of people that planted castor without carrying out proper research and seeking for buyers before going tilling the ground. Please don’t get me wrong you can actually make millions of naira in castor production and extraction of the oil from the castor seed (that is where the real money is), but you must have done your homework very well before venturing into it. Trust me; it is not as easy as it is being portrayed on the internet by the cyber farmers. I think I should talk more about castor so we can have an understanding of what I’m saying.

1 Like

Re: Castor Farming In Nigeria: The Trending Niche In Agriculture That May Make You by yemtos10: 2:25pm On Apr 16, 2018
WHAT IS CASTOR FARMING?
Basically, Castor (Ricinus Communis) is cultivated for its seeds. It is an herbaceous plant that can be grown as an annual or perennial, depending on the weather and type of seed used. They are highly rich in ricin which makes them poisonous and yet medicinal. The plant grows rapidly, achieving height of six feet or more in just three months and reaches a maximum height of up to 12 m and is a very invasive plant in places where it is native of.

As a farmer going into castor bean farming, you have to consider the following

Soil: The soil has to be rich in organic substance and must be well drained much as it does not tolerate water logging. Castor plant is quite adaptable to many types of soil.
Sun: Castor loves the sun but needs to be sheltered from the prevailing winds because of its height.
Watering: Castor plant prefers the soil to be always slightly moist.
The beautiful thing about castor is that it is a rugged crop that does well in a marginalized soil.

Let me quickly talk about the importance of castor before telling us the advantage of planting castor using our hybrid seeds knowing fully well that we would be off-taking from our farmers.
Re: Castor Farming In Nigeria: The Trending Niche In Agriculture That May Make You by yemtos10: 2:26pm On Apr 16, 2018
ECONOMIC VALUE OF CASTOR SEEDS
Now what is castor used for, in other not to bore you with my write up, I will list few of it benefits.

It is used as lubricant for high-speed engines and airplanes
It is also used for soap manufacturing
For Varnishes, transparent papers, inks, linoleum
It also has medicinal value
Its cake can be used for manure and feed
There are lots of things Castor and Castor oil can do the ones written above are just few from the lots.

Now let’s get down to business on how you can generate over a million naira in one hectare of castor. Our organization will be opening the platform for farmers and investors who want to go into castor farming, farmers will go through our intensive training before venturing into the farm.

Re: Castor Farming In Nigeria: The Trending Niche In Agriculture That May Make You by yemtos10: 2:30pm On Apr 16, 2018
BECOMING PART OF OUR CASTOR FARMING PROJECT
One hectare of castor can give you about 3 tons to 3 and half tons of castor seeds but you can get up to 4 to 5 tons using an irrigated land, we would be using an annual seed which means you can harvest twice a year (it takes 5 month to harvest). Castor Growers, Processors, and Marketers Association of Nigeria (CASGPMAN) regulate the price of castor seeds in Nigeria and for the past 6years the price has been stable on an increasing level. Currently, the price per ton for castor seed is pegged at 180,000. Pick up your calculator let’s do some primary arithmetic (3 x 180,000) x 2 = 1,080,000 naira. So we have seen the gross profit using a bench mark of just 3 tons, I’m being very conservative using just 3 tons you can as well use 3 and half tons or even four tons and see what you can get annually. I know the next question on your mind is how much does it cost to plant castor on a hectare of land. I really don’t like giving out cost implications because a lot of factors vary from location to location. However, the cost implication ranges from 250,000 to 300,000 naira (for farmers) it could be lesser or higher all depends on your location.

Now that we have known the cost of production and return on investment and you want to be part of this project kindly contact us through the following admin@armi.com.ng

With the subject titled “interested in Castor farming” with your name, phone and location. For more information you can reach out to us through our official email.
for more information on castor farming visit http://armi.com.ng/castor-farming-in-nigeria-the-trending-niche-in-agriculture-that-may-make-you/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Castor Farming In Nigeria: The Trending Niche In Agriculture That May Make You by MDDarah84(m): 10:03pm On Apr 17, 2018
You planned to market your organisation but you got it wrong.How on earth can you spend more than #150k on Castor planting for an hectare?
1kg of Castor is presently #1000.I am a successful Castor farmer

3 Likes

Re: Castor Farming In Nigeria: The Trending Niche In Agriculture That May Make You by MDDarah84(m): 8:36am On Apr 18, 2018
It is absolutely impossible you get 3 tonnes in an hectare. The highest I have gotten is 500kg n the highest I have heard is 800kg in Nigeria. The results you are possibly quoting are not from Africa

2 Likes

Re: Castor Farming In Nigeria: The Trending Niche In Agriculture That May Make You by yemtos10: 11:20am On Apr 18, 2018
MDDarah84:
You planned to market your organisation but you got it wrong.How on earth can you spend more than #150k on Castor planting for an hectare?
1kg of Castor is presently #1000.I am a successful Castor farmer

I know people like you will bring out their heads out. because of your lack of comprehension and assimilation you couldn't understand the article properly. what a shame, just because you get 500kg of seeds from planting an hectare of land doesn't mean other farmers using the best agronomy practice are not getting more than 3 tons. hey brother so called successful farmer why can't you do your own and let us do ours and stop evangelizing your mediocrity. on social media. even at a worse harvest farmers get up to 1.1 tons. please don't call yourself successful with 500kg to show for it. do have a blessed day. I don't want to talk about price of Castor because you literally know nothing about it

1 Like

Re: Castor Farming In Nigeria: The Trending Niche In Agriculture That May Make You by MDDarah84(m): 7:59pm On Apr 18, 2018
Well,thank you.I will only advice readers to be careful in dealing with your type I doubt if u have a plot or have even seeing a Castor plant before.Nonetheless,your high temperament shows how good you are in business. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Castor Farming In Nigeria: The Trending Niche In Agriculture That May Make You by yemtos10: 3:59pm On Apr 19, 2018
MDDarah84:
Well,thank you.I will only advice readers to be careful in dealing with your type I doubt if u have a plot or have even seeing a Castor plant before.Nonetheless,your high temperament shows how good you are in business. Good luck

it's okay, because you want to start playing victim.
Re: Castor Farming In Nigeria: The Trending Niche In Agriculture That May Make You by Atlanticfire: 4:40pm On Apr 19, 2018
If it looks too good to be true, then most likely it is not true.

Who gets 3 tons of castor seed per hectare.

Op, post pictures of your castor farm
Re: Castor Farming In Nigeria: The Trending Niche In Agriculture That May Make You by yemtos10: 10:01am On Apr 23, 2018
Atlanticfire:
If it looks too good to be true, then most likely it is not true.

Who gets 3 tons of castor seed per hectare.

Op, post pictures of your castor farm

hmmm, visit our office so we can take you to the farm. i can decide to post any body's farm to calm it's ours. i guess you are new to nairaland. haven't you seen where pictures deceived people.
please seek for knowledge first, instead of wallowing in ignorance claiming what you don't know.
Re: Castor Farming In Nigeria: The Trending Niche In Agriculture That May Make You by MDDarah84(m): 10:22am On Apr 23, 2018
Op,stop being abusive while making comments. You are not helping your business.Good,we are all farmers but honestly there is no where on this planet where you get 3000kg per hectare.
Re: Castor Farming In Nigeria: The Trending Niche In Agriculture That May Make You by yemtos10: 9:57am On Apr 30, 2018
MDDarah84:
Op,stop being abusive while making comments. You are not helping your business.Good,we are all farmers but honestly there is no where on this planet where you get 3000kg per hectare.

Bro, when we are harvesting i would love to invite to our farm at odeda abeokuta to see things yourself.
Re: Castor Farming In Nigeria: The Trending Niche In Agriculture That May Make You by skydancer: 7:40pm On Nov 09, 2018
yemtos10:

I know people like you will bring out their heads out. because of your lack of comprehension and assimilation you couldn't understand the article properly. what a shame, just because you get 500kg of seeds from planting an hectare of land doesn't mean other farmers using the best agronomy practice are not getting more than 3 tons. hey brother so called successful farmer why can't you do your own and let us do ours and stop evangelizing your mediocrity. on social media. even at a worse harvest farmers get up to 1.1 tons. please don't call yourself successful with 500kg to show for it. do have a blessed day. I don't want to talk about price of Castor because you literally know nothing about it
Please can you enlighten me, I am based in Lagos, what does it sell for in Lagos?
Re: Castor Farming In Nigeria: The Trending Niche In Agriculture That May Make You by nigerincastor: 12:23am On Feb 09, 2019
Hello Castor ,buyers,sellers, farmers ,traders and processor?...I am so happy everyone of you have spoken and that has been interactive enough...can we have a digital marketplace for castor seed in Nigeria,where everyone can easily trade,buy or sell castor seed or oil in just few minute without the difficulty of asking who has seeds at hand or not..we are working on something big for castor seed in Nigeria at the moment..we can easily regulate the price to our own favor not the end users determining price for us,we will form a strong society of our own within the marketplace.We train new members on our to achieve better result in cultivating castors.Anyone having huge quantity of castor can now sell through the platforms ,buyers too can buy..How much is castor seed per kg now?Can anyone tell me? Some sell 1 litre of oil for 2000naira
Re: Castor Farming In Nigeria: The Trending Niche In Agriculture That May Make You by nigerincastor: 12:28am On Feb 09, 2019
Join us at https://www.facebook.com/nigeriancastorseed/ ,Let's come together and become one,if we are divided,castor commercialization will not really be easy in Nigeria,majority do not cultivate castor in Nigeria,because they do not know where to sell it or if there is any particular market for it.You can email us at nigeriancastormarketplace@gmail.com or call+2348062210810,let's create something big together..
Re: Castor Farming In Nigeria: The Trending Niche In Agriculture That May Make You by Emekakenny1: 2:04pm On Mar 19, 2019
Please add me Emeka 08065124429 Thank you
Re: Castor Farming In Nigeria: The Trending Niche In Agriculture That May Make You by obiekunie2: 5:40pm On Nov 10, 2019
nigerincastor:
Join us at https://www.facebook.com/nigeriancastorseed/ ,Let's come together and become one,if we are divided,castor commercialization will not really be easy in Nigeria,majority do not cultivate castor in Nigeria,because they do not know where to sell it or if there is any particular market for it.You can email us at nigeriancastormarketplace@gmail.com or call+2348062210810,let's create something big together..

hi
Re: Castor Farming In Nigeria: The Trending Niche In Agriculture That May Make You by voyedeji(m): 7:41pm On Dec 02, 2019
nigerincastor:

Good day.

Victor here. I represent Everfount Limited.

We'd like to discuss about Castor with potential partners. Primarily, we have a very large farm and are seeking direct steady buyers but we are open to conversations.

We look forward to discussing the opportunities.

My contact is +2348142501021 (Contact Preference: SMS, WhatsApp).

Thank you.
Re: Castor Farming In Nigeria: The Trending Niche In Agriculture That May Make You by voyedeji(m): 7:41pm On Dec 02, 2019
Good day.

Victor here. I represent Everfount Limited.

We'd like to discuss about Castor with potential partners. Primarily, we have a very large farm and are seeking direct steady buyers but we are open to conversations.

We look forward to discussing the opportunities.

My contact is +2348142501021 (Contact Preference: SMS, WhatsApp).

Thank you.
Re: Castor Farming In Nigeria: The Trending Niche In Agriculture That May Make You by soko81(m): 1:38am On Jun 21, 2020
I live in Abeokuta and i am intrested in planting castol oil bean seed. I have a lot of questions which needs answering and if you don't mind I will love to see things the way they are physically.

Thanks!
Re: Castor Farming In Nigeria: The Trending Niche In Agriculture That May Make You by CastorResearch: 7:30pm On Feb 01, 2022
Beware of fake Castor seed varieties for planting..

Please we want to informing the public that some of our Castor seeds which one made for research purposes have made their way into the market and are being sold are seeds for planting. Please note this Castor seed cannot be for replanting or planting. Castor seed varieties which have been affected by this scammer, Castor Max exp 98, dch1,dch 2
, dch 3 ,dch 4, dch 519. Please note all of these varieties cannot be planted or replanted a lot of farmers have lost millions of naira to this scam if you buy any of these seeds you are responsible on your own if they do not perform well.

(1) (Reply)

Bananas......Possibilities / Trampoline Mobile Fish Pond Needed Urgently / Shoprite Now Sells Imported Fruits In Nigeria *picture*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.