Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,590 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Seven Important Things To Keep In Mind When Life Gets Rough - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Seven Important Things To Keep In Mind When Life Gets Rough (837 Views)

Not The Marriage I Had In Mind / Nigerian Couple Welcomes Sextuplets After Seven Years Of Childlessness (Photos) / Lawyer Oladapo Ogundipe With Seven Children As Lawyers (Law Family) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seven Important Things To Keep In Mind When Life Gets Rough by Chubhie: 1:43am On Apr 17, 2018
Truth be told, we all experience hard times, and we all get through them eventually. But some of us get through them more easily than others. What’s the secret? Most of it has to do with mindset. So here are seven important things to keep in mind when life gets rough:

1. These hard times are making you stronger and smarter. – It’s usually the deepest pain that empowers you to grow to your full potential. It’s the scary, stressful choices that end up being the most worthwhile. Without pain, there would be no change. But remember, pain, just like everything in life, is meant to be learned from and then released.

2. You are not a helpless victim. – You are the creator of your own experience. Yes, it is unfortunate that sometimes bad things happen to the best of people. Life can be unfair, unkind and unjust. However, being stuck in a victim mentality does not nurture your ability to move onward and upward. You’ve got to stand back up and take positive steps to heal and grow. (covered in the "Pain & Hardship" module of "Getting Back to Happy"wink

3. There is no such thing as failure (only important lessons learned). – You should just wipe the word “failure” right out of your vocabulary. All great people who have ever achieved anything have “failed” over and over. In fact, Thomas Edison once said, “I never once failed at inventing the light bulb, I just found 99 ways that it didn’t work at first.” Take your so-called failures and learn something from them. Learn how to do it better next time.

4. If you don’t get something you want, it just means something better is waiting. – This is hard to believe sometimes, I know. But it’s true. Oftentimes, when you look back at your life you will be able to see why it was actually good that something didn’t work out. Maybe the job you didn’t get would have made you spend more time away from your family, but the job you did get was more flexible. Just have faith that everything happens for a reason. It may not be obvious at first, but it will make sense eventually. (covered in the "Happiness & Positive Living" module of "Getting Back to Happy"wink

5. Things can and will change. – “And this too shall pass” is one of my favorite sayings. When we are stuck in a bad situation, it may seem there is no way out. We think nothing will ever change. But guess what? It will! Nothing is permanent. So get out of the habit of thinking that things will always be this way. They won’t. But, remember, you do need to take some sort of action for things to change. It won’t magically happen all on its own.

6. If you want things to change now, you need to start by changing yourself. – Your outer world is a reflection of your inner world. Do you know people whose lives are unnecessarily chaotic and stressful? And isn’t their situation largely because they feel chaotic inside? Yes, it is. We like to think that changing our external circumstances will change us. But we have it backwards – we need to change ourselves first before our circumstances will begin to change. (covered in the "Goals & Growth" module of "Getting Back to Happy"wink

7. Anything is possible going forward. – Miracles happen every day. Really, they do! I wish I had enough space in this email to write about all the miraculous things that have happened to people I know – from healing stage 4 pancreatic cancer to having their soul mate appear out of nowhere in the most unlikely place. Trust me: it happens all the time. You just need to believe it does. Once you do, you’re halfway there.
And of course, if you're struggling with any of this, know that you are not alone. Many of us are right there with you, working hard to feel better, think more clearly, and get our lives back on track.

~Marc and Angel Hack Life

1 Like

Re: Seven Important Things To Keep In Mind When Life Gets Rough by ultimateyankee: 7:01am On Apr 17, 2018
So on point
Re: Seven Important Things To Keep In Mind When Life Gets Rough by anoda(m): 7:07am On Apr 17, 2018
Op you're on point, but sometime the situation gets the better of us and...................
Re: Seven Important Things To Keep In Mind When Life Gets Rough by Chubhie: 7:21am On Apr 17, 2018
anoda:
Op you're on point, but sometime the situation gets the better of us and...................
Sometimes, all you have to do is surrender, accept and make peace with the situation as given.

1 Like

Re: Seven Important Things To Keep In Mind When Life Gets Rough by KankOfLife(m): 2:43pm On May 19, 2018
This is really good.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Wash Your Wife's Underwears? / If I Get Prepaid Meter Does That Mean You Will Have Electricity 24 7 / Is It Advisable For Spouse To Check Each Others Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.