Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:06 AM

Very Common English Language Errors - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Very Common English Language Errors (27173 Views)

Some Common Silly Mistakes/errors People Make In English Language. / Very Common Mistakes in Nigerian Spoken English! / ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Very Common English Language Errors by SirWelly: 11:31am On Sep 30, 2010
Olawoye, it shows that you have an understanding of English Language. Welldone man!

Please, I am also interested in your book to improve on my English Language. Please send it to this email: abdulwaliu@hotmail.com

Thank you.
Re: Very Common English Language Errors by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 30, 2010
He is AN ILLITERATE - Avoid it

He is AN ILLITERATE PERSON - Use it

He is ILLITERATE - Use it

@Sir welly, you should receive a mail soon from proudlyvisionite.

@others, please do not leave your e-mail address here. It is exposed to spammers who do not mean well.

Simply forward your interest to proudlyvisionite@yahoo.com.

Note that you are not to buy any book, I'll only expose you to online study materials that is daily updated by me.
Re: Very Common English Language Errors by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 03, 2010
Some words often misused:

Unaware and Unawares

Unaware: –adjective >> a state of being not aware or being unconscious:
E.g., I am unaware of yesterday's development. Synonyms are> Unsuspecting, ignorant.

Unawares: –adverb >> happening without warning; by surprise; suddenly; unexpectedly
E.g., The war caught the soldiers unawares.

Please note the class of words and position of usage.

'Unaware' is an adjective, describing the 'position' or 'state' of a person in relation to an event/affair

'Unawares' is an adverb, describing 'how' of an event in relation to a person's knowledge position.

Read through examples above again to detect the use of both.
Re: Very Common English Language Errors by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 04, 2010
Avoid [/b]and [b]Afford

Avoid to keep away from; keep clear of; shun; to prevent from happening. E.g., "The boy avoids contact with the police"

Afford to have the financial means for; bear the cost of: E.g., "The poor woman could not afford her child's new tuition"

But it is common to hear; "The price is too much that I can't avoid it". This is word misuse.
Re: Very Common English Language Errors by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 07, 2010
I'll branch at your house when going to work

I'll call at your house when going to work
Re: Very Common English Language Errors by dorllarpor(m): 2:01am On Jul 09, 2011
weldone bro, i also nid it my email is dolapee@yahoo.com
Re: Very Common English Language Errors by artezia: 3:05pm On Apr 05, 2013
Olawoyin, good job.. although like someone stated its "mother tongue" and not "mother's tongue". Also its "You sound much better with your ACCENT" not "ASSENT"..
Re: Very Common English Language Errors by epidi(m): 7:19pm On Apr 06, 2013
@olawoye -believe me,you're a genius
and i think i'll need whatever it is that you're passing round
my email, pizzarrow2003@yahoo.com
thanks
Re: Very Common English Language Errors by Idolys(m): 8:32pm On Apr 07, 2013
Olawoye:
Okay, I just sent you an e-mail, suggesting what you could do to improve your English language expression.

Is anyone else interested?

It costs you nothing!

Simply leave your e-mail in this thread or write me here: proudlyvisionite@yahoo.com with the content; ENGLISH LANGUAGE

I'll only reply your mail with what you should do without giving you any bank detail to pay for it.

This thread will continue regardless. Correction of errors in expression is what I have created this thread on Nairaland for.

Thanks all.

Pls reach me through my fb account.Thanks, my prof.
idolys4real@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Very Common English Language Errors by dskenky(m): 6:15pm On Apr 08, 2013
hello bro. Keep up the good work. Please send the e-book to me . My email is iyayi2006@yahoo.com
Re: Very Common English Language Errors by johnp2kc: 9:38am On Aug 30, 2015
Thank you Olawoye Pls i need d book johnp2k5@yahoo.com
Re: Very Common English Language Errors by adesh4real: 7:42pm On Feb 09, 2017
i need it too adelove4feeligs88@yahoo.com.
Thank you
Re: Very Common English Language Errors by CaptainJay01(m): 7:41am On Feb 10, 2017
@FunmyKemmy, I just sent you an e-mail.

I am willing to give this simple English Language improvement tip to as many that request it.

The address to ask it again is; proudlyvisionite@yahoo.com

Who else wants?

Watch out for another common error in English Language.

'Segun O' Law (Olawoye)

Juywhonlorh@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea / Lecturers Who Are Not Doctors ‘should No Longer’ Teach Medical Students / Burial Of 8 Kano Students Accident Victims (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.