Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,801 members, 7,956,052 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:39 PM

Who Would You Pick - Super Eagles Forwards - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Would You Pick - Super Eagles Forwards (4729 Views)

Poll: Which one of these 5 forwards would you pick for the final 23-man squad?

Ike Uche: 42% (3 votes)
Anichebe: 28% (2 votes)
Peter Utaka: 14% (1 vote)
Ideye: 0% (0 votes)
John Utaka: 14% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Nigerian Ambassador To South Africa Hosts Super Eagles Team At His House. Pics / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be / Who Would You Pick To Complete Your First 11: Messi Or Ronaldo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Would You Pick - Super Eagles Forwards by Ranoscky(m): 7:03am On May 18, 2010
@comechop

by their username we shall know them.
u think say this one na food wey dem say make u comechop?
if u live 4 1 room, shey no be the one wey ur money fit rent?
abi nigeria go leave the players wey dem get go hire C.RONALDO?
Stand up from dat cafe and go home now. KIA-KIA!

U STIL DEY DIA? . . . ABI U WANT MAKE I COM FLOG U KOBOKO? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Who Would You Pick - Super Eagles Forwards by comechop(m): 7:16am On May 18, 2010
Lol oga ranosky no vex abeg I don comot o, my time don expire sef grin
Re: Who Would You Pick - Super Eagles Forwards by Iyineda(m): 7:39am On May 18, 2010
toluxa1:

First of all Let me assure you guys that We'll be going to the World Cup with nothing less than 7 Strikers. Secondly I don't see Peter Utaka being omitted from that list at all. Someone said he has seen him play. I don't think so. Or maybe once. I've been following this guy for sometime and he's simply amazing. I've watched some youtube videos of some of His goals last season. Total goals He has scored this season is more that the combined goals of ALL the other strikers on the list. I think He'll be on the starting 11 sef.

If you add either Kalu Uche or Kanu to the equation then yeah, the minimum would be 7 forwards. BUT, as I said in the OP those two are considered as attacking midfielders for Nigeria. I can assure only 6 forwards (2 strikers and 4 wingers) will be on the plane to South Africa.

As for Peter Utaka, sure he has had a good season. . . in the Danish League. Nothing to write home about. He is clearly in his 30s and still hasn't been spotted by a club in one of the 5 best European leagues. There's a reason.
Re: Who Would You Pick - Super Eagles Forwards by chidexy(m): 8:30am On May 18, 2010
Looking at the 30-man provisional squad released by the Coach, he named 4 goalkeepers, of which 3 must go to the world cup. So already, we have 3 slots filled and from those 4 names,one person must be dropped - leaving out 20 spaces to be filled by field players.

Of those remaining 26 names, 9 are classified as defenders, 9 as midfielders and 8 as strikers (Kanu Nwankwo included). The coach might decide to prune down the list by removing 3 names from the defenders, 2 from the midfield and 1 from the strikers or 2 from defenders, 3 from among the midfielders and 1 from the strikers. Judging from the above, my take would be: the coach would take all his strikers to South Africa, drop 3 each from defence and midfield and one goalkeeper.

So those that might not make it (in my opinion) to South Africa are:
Shittu, Terna Suswan, Ejide, John Utaka, Ideye Brown, Kaita and Anichebe
Re: Who Would You Pick - Super Eagles Forwards by Rmc1(m): 9:07am On May 18, 2010
I would choose anichebe the guy is good, but come to think of it why has largerbeer largerbach not been aranging int friendly matches or am i missing something here? The world cup is just arround the corner.
Re: Who Would You Pick - Super Eagles Forwards by Hakeemval: 10:12am On May 18, 2010
Odewengie
Nsofor
Obasi
P. Utaka
Martins
Yakubu

Honestly, if I have my way Yakubu will not make my list to the world (stop calling this lazy man a "bull")cup but he still better than J Utaka, Anichebe and IK Uche. Eneramo would have made my world cup list, the guy is hungrier than Yak.
Re: Who Would You Pick - Super Eagles Forwards by femmy2010(m): 11:52am On May 18, 2010
A super eagle Strike force without IK UCHE is almost Zero.
Re: Who Would You Pick - Super Eagles Forwards by Rudewaterz(m): 12:03pm On May 18, 2010
Anybody is fine with me so long as its not YAKUBU!! Lawwwd, the sheer sight of that guy makes me froth at the mouth! No kidding!
Re: Who Would You Pick - Super Eagles Forwards by fbabs(m): 12:58pm On May 18, 2010
where is eneramo?
Re: Who Would You Pick - Super Eagles Forwards by Nairalane: 1:58pm On May 18, 2010
Re: 1 p.utaka 2 ogbuke 3 nsofor 4 anichebe 5 utaka 6 i.k uche or ideye. Martins is nt so good 4me. But boda Yakubu & martins wud nt be dropped 4 scoring goals against kenya. Its so ironically GOOD. Modecai from ife.
Re: Who Would You Pick - Super Eagles Forwards by Nairalane: 1:59pm On May 18, 2010
Re: 1 p.utaka 2 ogbuke 3 nsofor 4 anichebe 5 utaka 6 i.k uche or ideye. Martins is nt so good 4me. But boda Yakubu & martins wud nt be dropped 4 scoring goals against kenya. Its so ironically GOOD. Modecai from ife.
Re: Who Would You Pick - Super Eagles Forwards by jossy501: 2:58pm On May 18, 2010
@otokx
pls tell them,

@toluxa1 (m)
Peter utaka is a fantastic player i have watch some of his games and the guy is very amusing in scoring attitude and personally i think this is the kind of player will need in SA
Re: Who Would You Pick - Super Eagles Forwards by hollandis(f): 3:25pm On May 18, 2010
I dont care if enyeama is converted as a striker.I cant bear aiyegbeni.The guy is an irritant in the field of play.
Re: Who Would You Pick - Super Eagles Forwards by femmy2010(m): 4:20pm On May 18, 2010
Hollandis,
But he still dey try now.At 45year old he still score goes.Or is the world cup meant for younger legs?
Smile
Re: Who Would You Pick - Super Eagles Forwards by Seekers(m): 7:30pm On May 18, 2010
Why re all including nsofor?My own preferred six is
1.uche
2.Yakubu(4sure)
3.Obasi
4.Odemwengi(sure banker)
5.Anichebe(i tink)
6.Utaka(one of dem)
Re: Who Would You Pick - Super Eagles Forwards by Seekers(m): 7:30pm On May 18, 2010
Why re all including nsofor?My own preferred six is
1.uche
2.Yakubu(4sure)
3.Obasi
4.Odemwengi(sure banker)
5.Anichebe(i tink)
6.Utaka(one of dem)
Re: Who Would You Pick - Super Eagles Forwards by Akosbaba(m): 8:22pm On May 18, 2010
I choose a match rusty ikechukwu uche over the rest,his skill was unmatched
Re: Who Would You Pick - Super Eagles Forwards by femmy2010(m): 9:54am On May 19, 2010
Akosbaba,na true talk you yarn ooo.
Ik UCHE remains my wonder man any day.
Re: Who Would You Pick - Super Eagles Forwards by illusion2: 4:27pm On May 19, 2010
@OP,start  a rod poll.

Any number of strikers ,as long as Eneramo (probably the least skillful striker to ever dorn an Eagles jersey)isn't included.

I won't mind seeing one of our overaged Eaglets sha  smiley
Re: Who Would You Pick - Super Eagles Forwards by Iyineda(m): 5:02pm On May 19, 2010
^ I initially planned on making this thread a poll; however, it appears that we can no longer create polls on NL. sad
Go figure. . .
Re: Who Would You Pick - Super Eagles Forwards by illusion2: 6:55pm On May 19, 2010
Iyineda:

^ I initially planned on making this thread a poll; however, it appears that we can no longer create polls on NL. sad
Go figure. . .
O yes you can !

Ask & you shall receive. . . . but I take God beg you . . . no Eneramo for WC o !
Re: Who Would You Pick - Super Eagles Forwards by cashful(m): 7:09pm On May 19, 2010
This four will definitely not be dropped except for fitness concerns(7/8 strikers will be selected )
Osaze
Nsofor
Martins
Yakubu

list completed by

Obasi
IK Uche(guaranteed if not for fitness issues
P. Utaka
Re: Who Would You Pick - Super Eagles Forwards by Papishi(m): 10:03pm On May 19, 2010
I believe a bed ridden Ike Uche is beta than a fit, bulky and running around Yakubu.
Re: Who Would You Pick - Super Eagles Forwards by Iyineda(m): 2:08pm On May 20, 2010
John Utaka out with a cold >>> http://www.kickoff.com/news/15526/utaka-out-with-cold.php

Well, I guess this makes it 1 down, 4 to go in contention for the 6th spot for the forward role. cheesy

I hope he recovers soon enough though. . . I don't want to sound like a beotch.
Re: Who Would You Pick - Super Eagles Forwards by Genuflect(m): 3:16pm On May 21, 2010
I THINK THE RIGHT SUPER EAGLES FORWARD SHOULD BE:
VICTOR NSOFOR
OBAFEMI MARTINS
OSAZE ODEMWINGE
CHINEDU OBASI
IKECHWKWU UCHE
Re: Who Would You Pick - Super Eagles Forwards by snakova(m): 7:21pm On May 22, 2010
Lagerback is dropping one (1) midfielder. That is 3 goalkeepers, 8 defenders, 5 midfielders, and 7 forwards. so 7 forwards i presume would be

Peter Utaka
Ike Uche/Kanu Nwankwo
Yakubu Aiyegbeni
Obinna Nsofor
Obafemi Martins
Chinedu Ogbuke
Osaze Odemwingie
Re: Who Would You Pick - Super Eagles Forwards by femmy2010(m): 5:53pm On May 23, 2010
I wonder what a Yakubu ti Aiye O Gbe would be doing at the wc?
Re: Who Would You Pick - Super Eagles Forwards by femmy2010(m): 5:58pm On May 23, 2010
I wonder what a Yakubu ti Aiye O Gbe would be doing at the wc?
Re: Who Would You Pick - Super Eagles Forwards by 042: 8:33pm On May 23, 2010
Plz Yabuku shloud go and rest, we've got young players who r ready to give their best 4 9ja, infact that would b d worst mistake Lar will make
Re: Who Would You Pick - Super Eagles Forwards by Iyineda(m): 11:44am On May 26, 2010
Poll added.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uk Pool Week 20 Live Draws 3/3 / Photos: 27years Old Nigerian-england Born Body Builder / Nigeria vs. Netherlands Match (Holland, live!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.