Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,282 members, 7,811,833 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

The Unluckiest Man In The World: Meet The Apple Founder Who Sold His Shares For - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Unluckiest Man In The World: Meet The Apple Founder Who Sold His Shares For (822 Views)

A Founder Who’s Been Pivotal To The Nigerian Startup Scene Will Sell Her Company / Meet The Nigerian Who Sold His Company To Apple Worth $1billion / Femi Otedola Explains Why He Sold His Shares In Forte Oil (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Unluckiest Man In The World: Meet The Apple Founder Who Sold His Shares For by Naijazeus: 11:30am On Apr 18, 2018
*.Ron Wayne was one of the original founders of Apple
*.He sold his shares for $800 in 1976 - today they'd be worth $67 billion
*.Wayne left Apple because he found Jobs difficult to work with
*.He describes Jobs as stubborn, cold and argumentative

Ron Wayne was one of the three original founders of Apple in 1976, along with Steves Wozniak and Jobs. Forty-two at the time, Wayne provided much-needed adult supervision in a company of young creatives.

Wayne drew the first Apple logo, wrote the three men's original partnership agreement, and wrote the Apple I manual, but his name is virtually unknown, and in the new Ashton Kutcher biopic of Steve Jobs, his role in the tech giant's past is glossed over.Wayne, 79, hopesJobs will reveal that the late design genius' darker side - a side Wayne clashed with and which eventually resulted in him selling his share of Apple for $800.

In this exclusive interview, Wayne lifts the lid on the true nature of the iconic American innovator Jobs, who almost single-handedly turned the electronic firminto a billion-dollar empire.Wayne says Jobs, though often viewed as a great public speaker, was socially awkward and manipulative.

'If you had your choice between Steve Jobs and an ice cube you would nestle up to the ice cube for warmth. It was essentially his way or the highway in many of his business decisions,' Wayne says.'He was focused and had a determined attitude.

If he had some place he wanted to be, the last place you wanted to be was between him and it, because you would have a footprint on your forehead!'

Wayne founded Apple Computer alongside 21-year-old Jobs and 25-year old Steve Wozniak on April 1, 1976. The three worked together at Atari.

11 days later, Wayne relinquished his 10 per cent stock share of the company for just $800. Had he retained his company shares, they would be worth $67 billion today.'

I made a decision that allowed me to pursue my interest. I honestly don’t regret walking away at all,' Wayne said.'

I knew the Wozniak design for a personal computer was going to be a successful product. But who could have anticipated it would be what it is today?'

In an interview, he said: 'Do I regret selling my share of Apple? No, that has been my answer ever since day one and will be my answer until I die....'

If I had stayed with Apple, I would have wound up the richest man in the cemetery. I was in the shadow of giants, I knew I would never get my own project and it wasn't my passion anyway.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2388674/The-unluckiest-man-world-Meet-Ron-Wayne-Apple-Incs-forgotten-founder.html

Re: The Unluckiest Man In The World: Meet The Apple Founder Who Sold His Shares For by webizone(m): 12:12pm On Apr 18, 2018
Brownshooga, I see you.... Nice to see an interested lady on this topic.
Re: The Unluckiest Man In The World: Meet The Apple Founder Who Sold His Shares For by eezeribe(m): 12:13pm On Apr 18, 2018
Life is a gamble.if it happened the other way,he would have been celebrated on Forbes magazine by now...
This gives credence to the philosophical saying by Aristotle;
"Man's actions are too strong for him,show me a man who has acted and hasn't been a victim of his own action".

1 Like

Re: The Unluckiest Man In The World: Meet The Apple Founder Who Sold His Shares For by Naijazeus: 12:33pm On Apr 18, 2018
mmmm inspiring and scary at the same time.
Re: The Unluckiest Man In The World: Meet The Apple Founder Who Sold His Shares For by Demonicide(f): 12:44pm On Apr 18, 2018
Interesting
Re: The Unluckiest Man In The World: Meet The Apple Founder Who Sold His Shares For by alebz007: 1:37pm On Apr 18, 2018
Want to make money from the comfort of your home as a student, house wife, graduate And even as a worker?? Do you wish to be a consultant with a Swedish cosmetic company and make money to double your income? Just say hi lemme direct you on how to do so.
Or chat me up on whatsapp... 09057162054.
Re: The Unluckiest Man In The World: Meet The Apple Founder Who Sold His Shares For by sinaj(f): 5:23pm On Apr 18, 2018
He isnt unlucky

If you have worked or lived with a difficult person, u would understand why he had to leave.

Besides he has no regret nd left because he wasnt deriving job satisfaction.
Life isnt about money.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Cbn Headquarter Abuja On Fire - Video / Which Has More Traffic? Ikeja Computer Village Or Yaba Market / Paypal Funds Exchanger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.