Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,817 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Should Weed Be Legalize? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Weed Be Legalize? (1810 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce / DEAL: Buhari to legalize gay marriage if US helps him win, / Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Weed Be Legalize? by fischer014: 10:57am On May 15, 2010
I know this is a bad topic to ponder upon, but sometimes I think its high time FG look into this matter. Cannabis Sativa popularly known as Indian Hemp or weed is widely consumed by Nigerians. According to an Interview conducted by City People on Da Grin( the last interview he had before his death) Da Grin made it known that he smoke weed and he also said 80% of Nigerian youths smoke weed (including me).

I am in the notion that weed should be legalize because weed smokers are not motivated to commit crime, i have been smoking weed for long now and nobody can tell if I even smoke cigarette. Celebrities smoke weed; the likes of Wande Coal, Tuface, Black face and Terry G amongst others. They have been our role model, do you think they are motivated by this weed, no doubt about that, yes they are. I smoke weed to class and before my exam and I come out in dazzling colours. Girls nowadays don't see guys smoking weed as touts as it was once known to be, its cool with them, some of which tried it and think its cool too.
So what ya think Nairalanders, should weed be legalized or banned, ?
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by Nobody: 11:05am On May 15, 2010
Yeah! We should also legalize murder, rape, 419, one chance, drug smuggling and all vices and Nigeria will be a better place!!! Foolish question! angry You come out of the exam hall with flying colors but do u smoke weed when u go in to write your English exams? Should weed be legalize (sp) grin
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by deor03(m): 11:24am On May 15, 2010
@ Poster

Obviously , you are on weed when you created this Topic.

Come back after the effect of the weed is off
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by fischer014: 11:50am On May 15, 2010
deor03:

@ Poster

Obviously , you are on weed when you created this Topic.

Come back after the effect of the weed is off

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by redsun(m): 12:31pm On May 15, 2010
Weed when rationally used is godly,it is herb of the gods.Who no go,no go know,the feeling is hard to explain to a dummy.
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by stormm: 12:53pm On May 15, 2010
@redsun

you do see red eh? This igbo issue na wa o.
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by tayoast(m): 1:28pm On May 15, 2010
fischer014:

I am in the notion that weed should be legalize because weed smokers are not motivated to commit crime, i have been smoking weed for long now and nobody can tell if I even smoke cigarette. Celebrities smoke weed; the likes of Wande Coal, Tuface, Black face and Terry G amongst others. They have been our role model, do you think they are motivated by this weed, no doubt about that, yes they are.

undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by udezue(m): 1:39pm On May 15, 2010
Lol weed head. i really don't care.
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by udezue(m): 1:40pm On May 15, 2010
Dagrin is probably not the best examples to use for ur weedsmoking agitation.
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by fischer014: 1:53pm On May 15, 2010
udezue:

Dagrin is probably not the best examples to use for your weedsmoking agitation.
I agree with you, but tuface is huh? grin
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by desgiezd(m): 2:21pm On May 15, 2010
@ Poster

You and your post are just a reflection of how bad our society has become. You now smoke Indian hemp and are even bold to say it. As you claimed, it has helped you in passing your exams but obviously, as Switpea observed, it has not helped your English Language. You obviously need more than Indian Help to construct good sentences. Also it may appear good for you now as you feel ireeee but you future is at stake.
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by smile4kenn(m): 3:22pm On May 15, 2010
there is nothing bad about weed,,,

it is a good thing top legalize weed, but in a country like Nigeria, it shouldn't be legalize.

We still have a lot of problem to tackle and weed shouldn't be one. Weed has never laid a good example in Nigeria. So, there is no reason to talk about it
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by lyfe(m): 3:46pm On May 15, 2010
fischer014:

Celebrities smoke weed; the likes of Wande Coal, Tuface, Black face and Terry G amongst others.
The poster failed to include Asha.
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by gidson12(m): 3:51pm On May 15, 2010
well because smoking weed is illegal makes it look very bad and meant foe touts, but what of cigarette smoking, does it make on look irresponsible as well, what if weed is being legalized would u say its meant for touts, considering the fact that even cigarette is more dangerous to ur health more than weed
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 15, 2010
^poster

education should be legalize, as shown by your post.

how did you come out in dazzling  colours after exams?  Everybody in your school na weed smoker?

never knew the day would come when hard drugs would be the norm in nigeria. It used to be considered a mainly american thing.

though since nigeria is a supplier sha. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . what we gave around has come around i guess.

another generation wasted.
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by Krayola(m): 4:36pm On May 15, 2010
[size=30pt]YES!!![/size]

Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 15, 2010
@ poster

Where did you get the statistics. . .80% of Nigerian youths

ok so

80% of weed smokers in your area doesn't necessarily mean 80% of Nigerian Youths
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by lyfe(m): 5:36pm On May 15, 2010
fischer014:

I know this is a bad topic to ponder upon
Bad topic- Moderator please purge this thread.
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by tayoast(m): 6:27pm On May 15, 2010
lyfe:

The poster failed to include Asha.

roflmao
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 15, 2010
Legalizing it means govt should be ready to build more mental homes.
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by dondigi(m): 8:00pm On May 15, 2010
All this talk don dey high me sef. But seriously, i think it shud be legalized becos my village is the largest producer in naija. Think of all my kinsmen who wud loose their source of livelihood if it is banned. Govt can generate income from taxing weed producers.
Abeg make i finish my 'claro' before i continue this gist.
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by AndreUweh(m): 12:37am On May 16, 2010
And I say NO, NO NO.
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by bgees(m): 2:06am On May 16, 2010
legalise it to create employment, tax it to generate revenue. when u legalise cigarettes and alcohol, why not legalise mary j too?
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by fischer014: 5:58am On May 16, 2010
tayo_ast:

roflmao
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked, I didn't even know she is a weed smoker.

donspony:

@ poster

Where did you get the statistics. . .80% of Nigerian youths

ok so

80% of weed smokers in your area doesn't necessarily mean 80% of Nigerian Youths

@donspony
Da Grin said it in one of his interviews
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by tayoast(m): 7:39am On May 16, 2010
fischer014:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked, I didn't even know she is a weed smoker.

she doesnt!
Pls leave Asa outta ds weed thingy. . .
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by smile4kenn(m): 8:30am On May 16, 2010
So many scholars and health professionals are aware of how the legalization of weed can be useful. But, looking at the way the world is going, it will not be right to make it legal. At the moment, people are even abusing the 'precious' weed. Legalizing it would cause more harm than expected. Weed should only be legalized for tourism purpose and Nigeria doesn’t have the amenities to control the pressure it will cause.
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by fischer014: 9:55am On May 16, 2010
smile4kenn:

So many scholars and health professionals are aware of how the legalization of weed can be useful. But, looking at the way the world is going, it will not be right to make it legal. At the moment, people are even abusing the 'precious' weed. Legalizing it would cause more harm than expected. Weed should only be legalized for tourism purpose and Nigeria doesn’t have the amenities to control the pressure it will cause.

i concur to that
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by ReachRich(m): 10:06am On May 16, 2010
Weed smoking is dangerous to ur health.
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by smile4kenn(m): 10:43am On May 16, 2010
ReachRich:

Weed smoking is dangerous to your health.

that is what we hear everyday
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by beneli(m): 4:47pm On May 16, 2010
No.

It's use is associated with a higher incidence of paranoid psychosis. In other words, ee fit help turn person mental! http://bjp.rcpsych.org/cgi/content/abstract/184/2/110
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by smile4kenn(m): 5:03pm On May 16, 2010
beneli:

No.

It's use is associated with a higher incidence of paranoid psychosis. In other words, ee fit help turn person mental! http://bjp.rcpsych.org/cgi/content/abstract/184/2/110

there are also a lot of scientifically proved facts online to counter this
Re: Should Weed Be Legalize? by beneli(m): 5:12pm On May 16, 2010
smile4kenn:

there are also a lot of scientifically proved facts online to counter this

Let's see any one of them that's reliable.

FYI
I want you to know though, that it's association with mental health problems is irrefutable. http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/press/pressreleasearchive/pr175.aspx

I honestly doubt that you'd find anything online that counters this. In the past, the discussion was whether it caused Schizophrenia. In current discourse it is understood that it doesn't CAUSE schizophrenia, but the active part, tetrahydrocannabinol, is knon to be hallucinogenic, and can induce acute psychosis. As i mentioned in my post Cannabis is associated with increased paranoid psychosis, and there is a higher incidence of cannabis consumption amonsgt those suffering from Schizophrenia.

(1) (2) (Reply)

In Pursuit Of Third Term (obj) - Very Funny / Obio-akpor L.g.a. (port Harcourt) Illegal Radio License Taxation / Maiduguri, North East Standing Still For Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.