Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Domestic Man - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Domestic Man (2266 Views)

Domestic Abuse Making The News / Stella Damasus: When Is It (Domestic Violence) Enough? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Domestic Man by lizzy47(f): 4:32pm On Mar 14, 2007
ladies and gents, well 1st to the ladies would u like a man who comes to help in the kitchen and laundry "Domestic Man" and all that? And Guys would u like to help in all that? Tell me and give reasons. as for me i don't mind a "Domestic man" even if he is not actually doing the work at least he should be there keeping me company. grin cheesy wink
Re: Domestic Man by iice(f): 4:36pm On Mar 14, 2007
Yes i like a domestic man sometimes because i need my freedom to wash the car and roll on the wild side grin
Re: Domestic Man by ima1(f): 4:46pm On Mar 14, 2007
ya of course, i want someone who can help me out around the house, im not his mother so im not gonna do everything for his lazy ass
Re: Domestic Man by lizzy47(f): 5:11pm On Mar 14, 2007
ima1:

ya of course, i want someone who can help me out around the house, im not his mother so im not going to do everything for his lazy ass
  @ima1 
well it doesnt mean u should forget your duties and feel like he really has any duty in there. As far as i'm concerned he is helping
Re: Domestic Man by Brymore(m): 6:15pm On Mar 14, 2007
lizzy 47:

at least he should be there keeping me company.

How do you hope to feed if both of you are at home, how do you hope to get money, or are u living off your savings?

ima1:

ya of course, i want someone who can help me out around the house, im not his mother so im not going to do everything for his lazy ass

Is it all mothers that do things for their children, don't you think it is possible for a mother to groom her son to become independent? Anyway, as a man, I could help out with some of the household chores if I'm in the mood, but it is not because the woman would want to compel me to. If I feel she needs help, we could also arrange things as long as she will not abuse such privileges.

Most importantly, if I love you, I'll want to always be around you, even in the toilet or 'salanga', so trust that I will be there with and for you wherever you are.

#Candid Submission#
Re: Domestic Man by ima1(f): 8:10pm On Mar 14, 2007
@ lizzy47
i did say i want someone who can help me, doesn't sound like i am forgetting my duties does it. the thing is i just want him to try to help, i prolly wouldn't even need his help especially in the kitchen, cuz thats where i have so much fun, i enjoy cooking. and i know my duties as a woman.

@Brymore
well back home the girls were forced into the kitchen not the boys, its possible for mother's to groom her son but its like 30-70% that something like that happens in naija. so did ur mom groom you?
Re: Domestic Man by cuteass1(f): 11:17pm On Mar 14, 2007
@ topic

yes i would like my husband to be domestic

not that i'll just be there, i love doing house chores, so not like i needhim to do the work but giving me a helping hand once in a while wouldn't be a bad idea

i want him there, not because i can't do the work alone but because i want to feel his presence around me, it shows how much he loves and cares for his family esp. his wife

and sometimes he dosen't have to do anything, he can just stand there ,being a romantic person, i want to be able to kiss and play around with my hussy (husband/bf) in the middle of the chores

it makes it go nicer and not to mention the FUN wink
Re: Domestic Man by Busta(f): 11:22pm On Mar 14, 2007
@cute-ass
u said it all gurl.

I like to do domestic work and all that, but when a man takes advantage of that then we got real problem.
Like everyone said, it would be nice to see him around. . Like am washing the dishes and he's behind me,
holding ma waist and whispering some sweet words into ma ear. I looovvve that. grin
Re: Domestic Man by cuteass1(f): 11:26pm On Mar 14, 2007
Busta:

@cute-ass
u said it all girl.

I like to do domestic work and all that, but when a man takes advantage of that then we got real problem.
Like everyone said, it would be nice to see him around. . Like am washing the dishes and he's behind me,
holding ma waist and whispering some sweet words into ma ear. I looovvve that. grin

and sweetie you just completed it for me

you're da bomb kiss
Re: Domestic Man by deinde2007(f): 12:02am On Mar 15, 2007
I mean the name " Domestic Man" is very degrading and off putting or any man but I would like to say I have been married to my husband for a very good enjoyable no regret 19 years, we both work full time now, (when the kids were little I was a stay at home mum) my husband cooks voluntarily before I return from work, he occasionally put clothes in the washing machine and generally helps round the house, not vacumming or making beds or cleaning baths or toilet. He has always been very dedicated to his immediate family (us) and I thank God for him. I have never seen him as "domestic man" other than "my other half" because that is the way he sees it.

so please do not lebel men that are well trained by their mothers before we became their wives with such a awful degrading term.
Re: Domestic Man by cuteass1(f): 1:20am On Mar 15, 2007
deinde2007:

I mean the name " Domestic Man" is very degrading and off putting to any man
so please do not lebel men that are well trained by their mothers before we became their wives with such a awful degrading term.

@ deinde2007

i don't actually believe the poster was out to degrade men??

and it won't really matter that much unless you start seeing the whole thing in a different manner/perspective.

i'm sure it was an honest mistake if any wink

Your saying what you just said will do nothing than make the guys see the degradingness in it and its uncalled for

because we want the men to understand we want them with us because we love them and that goal might now be defeated sad
Re: Domestic Man by Cyclone5(m): 1:28am On Mar 15, 2007
What's in a name? Domestic, modern, new, worrier - they are all just labels.

If a man knows how he should do what he can around the house, if he doesnt then he should employ a housekeeper. cool
Re: Domestic Man by Seun(m): 9:03am On Mar 15, 2007
if he doesnt then he should employ a housekeeper
That's what I'll do, because I'm not a domestic man at all.
Re: Domestic Man by deinde2007(f): 10:16am On Mar 15, 2007
cute, a, I very much understand your points. I have problems accepting that anybody out there may call or referred to my boys (never mind my husband) as "Domestic Man". YES my boys (2 of them) will have a very enjoyable marriage when they finally got married because they see a good role model at home in their father, you and I can however say they were brought up to be domesticated should there be need to take control of their home on the absence of their wives or girlfriends. I would hate to think there are girls out there who would/might see them as "domestic men".

Someone on here mentioned housekeeper, yes if my boys chose that option that is fine but at least if they their partners will never be let down if the housekeeper leaves without notice (which they usually do).When my kids were little, I had nanny and housekeepers in Lagos but there will always be an unexpected excuses of why they must travel back home immediately eventually returning back to you just as you were managing well without them.

I am still counting my blessing,
Re: Domestic Man by lizzy47(f): 10:57am On Mar 15, 2007
Brymore:

How do you hope to feed if both of you are at home, how do you hope to get money, or are u living off your savings?

well, definatly i mean when we're not at work but at home u. I dont mean we will not work
Re: Domestic Man by cuteass1(f): 11:33am On Mar 15, 2007
Cyclone5:

What's in a name? Domestic, modern, new, worrier - they are all just labels.

If a man knows how he should do what he can around the house, if he doesnt then he should employ a housekeeper. cool

@ Cyclone5
from the first time i read your post, i knew you were full of intelligence.

The word "domestic" dosen't have to be insulting and yes you're very right they're just labels. And i love you for saying that guys should be able to do what they can. I'm sure the ladies are not expecting more than what they can.

thanks for understanding wink

Seun:

That's what I'll do, because I'm not a domestic man at all.

I like the fact that you admit that, and i'm sure your wife wouldn't expect you to do more than you can but just being there with her mightbe all she needs, like i and  Busta said, justwhispering sweet words into her ears, stealing a kiss every now and then, chuckle her from time to time

Believe me, your presence around her and the small things you do will make it seem you're doing all the job in the world, when you literarily aren't picking up a pin cheesy

Just sneaking up on her in the middle of dinner preperation and givimg her a hug from behind would make her day

And i don't mean you have to do that every sngle day ooo, but doing it once in a while will mean a lot to her and the once will keep her going til the next time wink

You'll be so surprised to find out how little it takes to put a smile on someone's face cheesy cheesy

I'm sure you'll be able to do that for your darling, right??
Re: Domestic Man by lizzy47(f): 12:06pm On Mar 15, 2007
@cute ass
u know whats up, i love everything u said u're just the bomb kool chick cool grin cheesy wink smiley
Re: Domestic Man by cuteass1(f): 12:48pm On Mar 15, 2007
lizzy 47:

@cute ass
u know whats up, i love everything u said u're just the bomb kool chick cool grin cheesy wink smiley

you too hun kiss cheesy
Re: Domestic Man by lizzy47(f): 12:53pm On Mar 15, 2007
@cute ass
thanx, i just hope a lot of pple or nairalanders are learning something
Re: Domestic Man by cuteass1(f): 1:05pm On Mar 15, 2007
lizzy 47:

@cute ass
thanx, i just hope a lot of people or Nairaland users are learning something

with the likes of[b] i[/b] and you and Busta, how dare they not? lol

well dearie, i hope so too wink
Re: Domestic Man by lizzy47(f): 1:16pm On Mar 15, 2007
sure sis, u're danm right
Re: Domestic Man by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 15, 2007
well well well.
As long as he makes a good living, by that I mean bringing home a fat bacon, I am happy doing the house chores.
Of what use is a man washing dishes when all we have is garri to drink?
I prefer he is out there working,domestics are not my priority.
I work too but less than he does that gives me time for housework.

my personal opinions
Re: Domestic Man by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 15, 2007
Perhaps keeping her company when she does the housework, doing the dishes once in a while, i can do the laundry, cook if i need to. That's about as far as i can go. I totally dislike dusting and cleaning!
Re: Domestic Man by uspry1(f): 3:03am On Mar 16, 2007
It would be nice to have my man as Domestic or housekeeper around my house to help me out little, but not necessary!!! Especially cool of my man also handyman, not necessary.

I do myself handywoman to fix something broke like toilet flush handler broken. Kitchen pipe cracked! Fix wall that is creaked to do drywall covering up the ugly seeing wall, etc. I love to fix things that i hate wasting money on professional (plumbers, building contractors).

I took myself do-it-yourself home improvement class in local college as my hobby long time ago, still remember what I do when something broken. I am very gratefully that my parent taught me when i was teenager to help out my parent's dream house that come true. My dad was licensed home builder to build their home from scratch they saw on house model magazine to buy blueprint plan.
Re: Domestic Man by lizzy47(f): 5:16pm On Mar 19, 2007
@babyosisi
well i'm not saying he shouldn't have a job, when he's around like evenings and weekends ok.
@davidylan
that is so kool
@uspry1
that is too domestic if u're a female but not so bad
Re: Domestic Man by Nobody: 3:38am On Mar 20, 2007
lizzy 47:

@babyosisi
well i'm not saying he shouldn't have a job, when he's around like evenings and weekends ok.
@davidylan
that is so kool
@uspry1
that is too domestic if u're a female but not so bad

I don't expect him to do kitchen duties just like he doesn't expect me to mow the lawn and trim the hedges.
Re: Domestic Man by lizzy47(f): 8:45am On Mar 20, 2007
well good for u but it will make ur relationship more romantic if u're around each other almost all thge time u are doing ur house duties
Re: Domestic Man by spoilt(f): 2:28am On Mar 23, 2007
since when did a man helping around the house become degrading?
Re: Domestic Man by lizzy47(f): 5:36pm On Mar 23, 2007
@spoilt
my sister i wonder
Re: Domestic Man by bimbliss(f): 9:31pm On Nov 10, 2007
one of my teachers told me that, "if u want to marry a rich man then u cant have him at home cos they are never around but if u want a man that will be around u then u will have to forfiet him being really rich.
for now i still want my man around anyway, but surely he will be very rich and i pray that even when he is he will always make timeout for us to have memorable outings
domesticated men are very romantic if u know what i mean but the other way round oh no cant help u .
Re: Domestic Man by lizzy47(f): 9:34pm On Nov 18, 2007
well girlfriend ur man can b domestic at the same time ric h and busy, u just gotta know how to keep ur man at home
Re: Domestic Man by ifyalways(f): 10:06pm On Nov 18, 2007
what is good for the goose is good for the gander !

(1) (2) (Reply)

Complexity And Origin Of Abobaku Explained / Kegite Club – Gyration Naija / THE BLACK HOLOCAUST This Is Truly Evil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.