Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Domestic Man - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Domestic Man (2265 Views)

Domestic Abuse Making The News / Stella Damasus: When Is It (Domestic Violence) Enough? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domestic Man by wendymanda: 4:34am On Nov 19, 2007
If we are both working and making money, then he should do as much around the house as I do. I am not a domestic women and he is not a domestic man. I hate when African men pretend like helping out is too degrading but sitting there and enjoying the conforts is there right. If I cna do it, then you can do it too. As long as we both have to hands and a functioning brain.
Re: Domestic Man by btayo1(m): 2:57pm On Nov 22, 2007
Most Guys i know; have no problem helping out in the house; as most male growing up in past 20-30 years are trainned to partake in the house work by their parents. They only have an issue when the woman decides to allocate part of the house work to him as a duty that must be done or u get it.

Also women tend to request you to do stuff round the house as and when they want it not minding that u may just been getting ready to watch a game that u have been looking for to all week.

@ cute_ass; most guys will definately want to hang around their wife/girl whilst she is in the kitchen but your suggesting that he is not required to do this all the time he is around; ask the sisters the one time he sits in the living room watching a game- she will complain. So fellas you must be consistent
Re: Domestic Man by bluehorizo(m): 1:18pm On Apr 25, 2008
I like to help her out in all aspects. Even if i have to wash her [size=5pt]panties[/size]. grin grin
Re: Domestic Man by Zaria17: 1:33pm On Apr 25, 2008
Well said Bluehorizo.
Re: Domestic Man by Zandra1(f): 1:07am On Apr 26, 2008
A man that doesn't help out at home in this day and age needs to be tied to an iroko tree and flogged. Its as simple as that cool cool. U dont need ur wife/girlfriend to ask u to help out before u do.
Re: Domestic Man by 4Him1(m): 1:09am On Apr 26, 2008
Zandra1:

A man that doesn't help out at home in this day and age needs to be tied to an iroko tree and flogged. Its as simple as that cool cool. You don't need your wife/girlfriend to ask u to help out before u do.

grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Domestic Man by tRoOE(f): 6:31am On Apr 28, 2008
Am sorry oh I can't marry a man who isn't domestic, and there are things I can't do

Washing dishes yackkkkkkkkkk that's why I use disposable plates, so my husband got to do that

hmmmm I hate anything that has to do with dust

my guy has to be useful around the house

Re: Domestic Man by Omode: 6:47am On Apr 28, 2008
@ OP

It will be nice to know that my husband is domesticated. If I should get sick or an emergency arise I don't think that house chores should just sit there until in-laws, family or friends arrive. On the other hand I do believe that certain chores around the home should be designated as the husband's chores(especially if both work outside the home), eg: taking out trash, the up keep of the outer areas of the home, repairs around the home etc. So in my candid way I do tink so.
Re: Domestic Man by davidif: 9:36am On Jul 31, 2014
tRoOE: Am sorry oh I can't marry a man who isn't domestic, and there are things I can't do

Washing dishes yackkkkkkkkkk that's why I use disposable plates, so my husband got to do that

hmmmm I hate anything that has to do with dust

my guy has to be useful around the house

just out of curiousity, where are you from?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Somalis Are Proud Africans NOT Black / Complexity And Origin Of Abobaku Explained / Is Rain Making In Nigeria Real, Fake Or Just A Myth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.