Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 (1361 Views)

The Ephesians 5 Syndrome / Why Does Jesus Need An Army? / Book of Ephesians (*principalities, powers, rulers of darkness of this world) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 01, 2018
removetheturban:
Let me ask you a few questions.

Does Jesus have the voice of the Archangel?

Are Jesus and Michael the Archangel of the same class seeing that they are both referred to as princes?

The Bible said that Jesus was elevated ABOVE the angels AFTER his earthly human course. From what position was he elevated?

The Bible used the word INHERIT in Hebrews 1:4. Can you explain the import of the word used in the description of Jesus' change of status?
Like I said earlier, Jesus is a spirit creature according to Colossians 1:15.

Angels are called gods in Psalm 82:6

A spirit creature is not human it is a spirit. Jesus and the angels who are spirits referred to Jehovah as their God.

Angel means messenger.

God’s nature, may be summed up in his dominant quality, love.

Is/was Jesus a messenger?

Did Adam and Eve become God or transform into the nature of God? Genesis 3:22

Ephesians 5:1 urged us to imitate God, but does that imply that we become the true God, Jehovah?

If I were describing a man coming to greet me, I would not say that he "called out to me with the voice of a human being." That would be awkward and entirely unhelpful. I might say that "his voice was that of a lion," and you would get that he was speaking loudly, powerfully, boldly, perhaps even angrily. I might say that "he spoke with the voice of a nightingale," and you would grasp that his voice was pleasant and his greeting was sweet to the ear. In neither of these examples, however, would you think that I was saying that the man literally was a lion or a nightingale. Such statements are clearly metaphors. I would not bother saying that a lion has the voice of a lion because that is obvious and useless. I would not say that a nightingale has the voice of a nightingale because that doesn't say anything. Even if Paul was saying that Jesus will personally shout "with the voice of an archangel," such a statement could only be a metaphor. Plus, think about what happens if you apply the your logic consistently in this verse. If Jesus must be an archangel because His voice is the voice of an archangel, then He also must be God because His trumpet blast is the trumpet blast of God.

From what position ?
You can't tell because the Bible doesn't specifically state it.

Adam and Eve had a human nature and they corrupted it.

I'm sorry, Psalm 82:6 talks about Christians, not angels.

You can't imitate someone if you don't have his or her nature.
Re: Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 02, 2018
Junia:

If I were describing a man coming to greet me, I would not say that he "called out to me with the voice of a human being." That would be awkward and entirely unhelpful. I might say that "his voice was that of a lion," you would get that he was speaking loudly, powerfully, boldly, perhaps even angrily.
I see that you have mixed Sci-Fi or children literary euphemism into spiritually inspired prophecy. You seem to have drifted so far from divine pronouncement that only a spiritual rescue chopper can spot you.

Kindly name any book in English literature in which one can find a line or term like you used in the above. We will break it down like real scholars here. No need for copy and paste from any other sites.
Junia:

I might say that "he spoke with the voice of a nightingale," and you would grasp that his voice was pleasant and his greeting was sweet to the ear. In neither of these examples, however, would you think that I was saying that the man literally was a lion or a nightingale. Such statements are clearly metaphors.
'Copy and paste' on a conversation forum is a breach of intellectual honesty. Let me present a package to you before I continue. I am sure that you are familiar with the website below. Plagiarists are not entitled to acknowledgment.

https://carm.org/does-1-thessalonians-4-16-prove-that-jesus-is-michael-the-archangel

"...with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice and with God’s trumpet".

Are you saying that there are three metaphorical expressions in the above?

Has the Bible now become metaphorical to you? Isn't this a prophecy that has significance and revelations that you just called a metaphor?

Is the following verse also a metaphor?

Now, here is how a metaphor is described;

*A metaphor equates two things that are similar.
*A metaphor means that one thing is another thing

Is Jesus voice similar to that of an archangel?
Is Jesus' voice different from that of an archangel?

If it is different, how will his sheep mentioned in the proceeding verse understand his call and rise? John 10:27
Junia:

I would not bother saying that a lion has the voice of a lion because that is obvious and useless.
You are absolutely out of literary reasoning. Following your logic, it is also literary correct. "I speak with the voice of a man". No exception! You cannot exclude it when it gets to the first person. Go ahead and use it. It is a rule that you adopted.
Junia:

I would not say that a nightingale has the voice of a nightingale because that doesn't say anything. Even if Paul was saying that Jesus will personally shout "with the voice of an archangel," such a statement could only be a metaphor.
Was Paul lying?

should we reject Paul and follow you?

He said that Jesus will call with an archangel's voice. So, should we should take that as a metaphor because it does not support your belief?
Junia:

Plus, think about what happens if you apply the your logic consistently in this verse. If Jesus must be an archangel because His voice is the voice of an archangel, then He also must be God because His trumpet blast is the trumpet blast of God.
He is the trumpet of God. He is the word. What is a word to a musician? The Bible did not say that he will call with the voice of God but with the TRUMPET OF GOD.

Consider, WORD OF GOD. He is the word, and he was sent to give us the word.
Junia:

From what position ?
You can't tell because the Bible doesn't specifically state it.
Do you agree that there was a change of position?
Junia:

Adam and Eve had a human nature and they corrupted it.
What did they become when they corrupted it?
Junia:

I'm sorry, Psalm 82:6 talks about Christians, not angels.
So, be forthright this time. Who are the original sons of God, Jesus or Christians?

If Christians, were Christians the ones taking daughters of men in Genesis 2?
Was it Jesus being refeered to in Genesis 2?
Junia:

You can't imitate someone if you don't have his or her nature.
So, when a parrot talks, it has the nature of man? When dogs imitate humans, they become humans? When monkeys imitate humans, they become humans?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

JUST IN: Popular Nigerian Pastor Shot Dead In Port Harcourt Two Days / RCCG Begins 49-day Fast January 11 / New Series: Stepping Into The Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.