Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,043 members, 7,835,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu (21037 Views)

IPOB Women Disgrace Nnia Nwodo, Scatter Ohanaeze Event (Photos) / Nnia Nwodo: Any Igbo That Touches A Northerner Should Kill Me First / FFK Gives 32 Reasons That Show President Buhari Has Been Replaced With A Double (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by sapele914(m): 2:10am On Apr 19, 2018
midolian:
grin grin

There will always be confusion in the camp of the enemies of this country..

An average Ndigbo man or woman will complain over anything, everything...In fact, give them Biafra, they will tell you its not enough...Until an Igbo man becomes God so he can make tithes compulsory even in shrines
I'm sure it is President Buhari that sent Ngige to cause the confussion,because to ipob intellects everything is President Buhari & herdsmen but they will still be buying suya and indomie everyday?

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by Nobody: 3:44am On Apr 19, 2018
Igbo amaka.
Not like others who keep supporting Tinubu until Islam and Emirates fall upon their traditional rulers.

Cc lzaa onyeoga

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by Psywise: 3:56am On Apr 19, 2018
grin grin grin angry grin Baba but why na..... Lol

I was born in Lagos Island and I can trace my lineage down to generations.

Unlike you, I have a story of my creation and ancestry. Let me ask you a simple question. Where did Igbos originate from? Remember Jews conducted DNA tests and said you don't have a single Jewish DNA strain.

No past, no history and no future and your talking nonsense to an Omoluabi.

When I become the Governor of Lagos, I'll make it compulsory that before any of you clowns get a shop in Lagos, you must be given Yoruba tribal marks. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by rusher14: 5:58am On Apr 19, 2018
Okoroawusa:
In reacting to this, I want to say that those of you talking about Nnamdi KANU and Biafra don't understand what is going on.

This is all about 2019 election. While Nwodo is hobnobbing with Atiku and other opposition politicians,the Youth wing is advocating for caution to avoid the mistakes of 2015.Read the statement of the Youth and see where they made reference to Buhari.
Also,Nwodo has been accused of running a one man show,making Ohanaeze look like an opposition party issuing statements on virtually everything that happens in the country.

In the midst of all these are Igbo politicians with cash and influence from both the ruling party and opposition muddling every up.

Ohanaeze is now up for the highest bidder

Let's wait and see

LET THE MUSIC BEGIN!

But you should know many Nigerians don't read. And when they do they don't even understand.

As clear as the write up was, you see people chasing shadows leaving the meat of the matter.
Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by Deadlytruth(m): 6:13am On Apr 19, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

Nwodo is becoming anti Igbo that is why he must be sacked nothing more, nothing less. When Oyegun and Tinubu were quarrelling up and down in a Yoruba owned party ( APC ), nobody said the Yorubas are disunited but, they are always quick to jump into Igbo matter to talk rubbish.

As per the bolded; I never really knew John Odigie Evbowan Oyegun is Yoruba.
Could you kindly explain what Odigie, Evbowan and Oyegun mean in Yoruba Language and tell us which Yoruba state Oyegun is from? Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by buchasman(m): 6:30am On Apr 19, 2018
please, tell Richard Ozobu to pay the Dept his owning my father. he is a chronic debtor
Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by Nobody: 6:40am On Apr 19, 2018
Deadlytruth:

As per the bolded; I never really knew John Odigie Evbowan Oyegun is Yoruba.
Could you kindly explain what Odigie, Evbowan and Oyegun mean in Yoruba Language and tell us which Yoruba state Oyegun is from? Thanks.

What of the dispute between Fayemi and Fayose
Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by Okoroawusa: 6:59am On Apr 19, 2018
rusher14:

But you should know many Nigerians don't read. And when they do they don't even understand.

As clear as the write up was, you see people chasing shadows leaving the meat of the matter.

It is a pity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by Reelectbuhari: 7:01am On Apr 19, 2018
midolian:
grin grin

There will always be confusion in the camp of the enemies of this country..

An average Ndigbo man or woman will complain over anything, everything...In fact, give them Biafra, they will tell you its not enough...Until an Igbo man becomes God so he can make tithes compulsory even in shrines

the only thing here and the simple truth is dat.....Igbo man has refused to be slaves......unlike u people.....dat slavery is their hobby.....

nwodo was rejected d when he bcame anti igbo....and started to be buhari errand boy.....never.....igbos won't take that......and dats why north is afraid of them.....

but one thing is certain about afonjas....

not only are they wailing as they been enslaved by hausa fulani.....

they are wailing and kicking as they seek to be enslaved by hausa fulani......This is the tragedy of a yoruba nation.......

Igbos will never be slave to anybody....
Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by justtoodark: 7:16am On Apr 19, 2018
conductorl7:

Did everyone notice how these two vultures arrived here with the speed of lightening because "Igbo", the word that sends nightmares to cone heads have been mentioned?

You won't find them here if we happen to be talking about:

1. The Emir of Osun
2. Fulani killing
3. Boko Haram

or anything that has to do with their own wellbeing or the wellbeing of the Shithole country they claim to love.

God forbid. *spits on their heads*

we love to be around una,because una are good entertainment....funny as hell....and always good for a e-skirmish..... smiley

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by EbuGeneral(m): 7:17am On Apr 19, 2018
OkoYibo:

If you make an Igbo man God and he's speaking Igbo on judgement day, other Igbos would complain that he is Wawa not speaking their dialect.

Igbos in Mbaise fought with the Pope. This is because the Pope selected someone from outside Mbaise to be the Bishop of Achiara diocese in Mbaise. They said that the Pope was marginalising them and persecuting them.

Igbos in Ipob fought with Jesus Christ. They said since Jesus Christ is the Lord of all those marginalising and persecuting them, they'll boycott Jesus and start praying directly to Chukwu Okike Abiama (the God of all Creation).

If Igbos can insult the Pope and keep malice with Jesus Christ, you all would realise that they should just lock down the entire Igboland and conduct mental tests on all of them.

Ewu, what is Achiara diocese?

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by selfemployed(m): 7:25am On Apr 19, 2018
reality1010:

Is it the greedy igbo that stole Nigeria dry like Gowon, Obasanjo2,Umaru Dikko, IBB, Abacha whose financial theft is endless, Abubakar Abudsalami, ObJ, and Buhari/Osinbajo? Are u not ashamed that ur theft since 1966 has plunged Nigeria into economic recession for years?Your people steal and when they cannot steal from the government they turn to looting Igbo properties.

Its a fact that the Igbo's contributed most to the economic development of this country. Others go their to loot the oil money.

Igbo's have created wealth out of nothing.

An Igbo woman in the person of Dr okonjo iweala, help move this country 100 years forward when our debt was forgiven.

The fact is, the economic freedom of this country is in the hand of an Igbo man.
Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by authehighness: 7:34am On Apr 19, 2018
OkoYibo:

I was born in Lagos Island and I can trace my lineage down to generations.

Unlike you, I have a story of my creation and ancestry. Let me ask you a simple question. Where did Igbos originate from? Remember Jews conducted DNA tests and said you don't have a single Jewish DNA strain.

No past, no history and no future and your talking nonsense to an Omoluabi.

When I become the Governor of Lagos, I'll make it compulsory that before any of you clowns get a shop in Lagos, you must be given Yoruba tribal marks.
you know,which history,history of oduduwa falling from sky and scattering his skull,go and sit down joor
Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by Deadlytruth(m): 8:17am On Apr 19, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

What of the dispute between Fayemi and Fayose
My comment is just to correct your false assumption that Oyegun is Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by famosh: 11:16am On Apr 19, 2018
conductorl7:

Did everyone notice how these two vultures arrived here with the speed of lightening because "Igbo", the word that sends nightmares to cone heads have been mentioned?

1. The Emir of Osun
2. Fulani killing
3. Boko Haram

or anything that has to do with their own wellbeing or the wellbeing of the Shithole country they claim to love.

Bla bla bla!

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by gallant249: 11:30am On Apr 19, 2018
OkoYibo:

If you make an Igbo man God and he's speaking Igbo on judgement day, other Igbos would complain that he is Wawa not speaking their dialect.

Igbos in Mbaise fought with the Pope. This is because the Pope selected someone from outside Mbaise to be the Bishop of Achiara diocese in Mbaise. They said that the Pope was marginalising them and persecuting them.

Igbos in Ipob fought with Jesus Christ. They said since Jesus Christ is the Lord of all those marginalising and persecuting them, they'll boycott Jesus and start praying directly to Chukwu Okike Abiama (the God of all Creation).

If Igbos can insult the Pope and keep malice with Jesus Christ, you all would realise that they should just lock down the entire Igboland and conduct mental tests on all of them.

you just nail it....Igbo and complain...like bread and butter angry angry

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by Mejor79(m): 12:23pm On Apr 19, 2018
OkoYibo:

What your business in our affairs, we have left you people to lead this country for more than 50 years none of you have solution to our national underdevelopment and economic wows. We as igbos have individually struggled to attain what we are but you still hate us. This is Ohanaze ndigbo we are bound to have misunderstanding to attain positive result at the end...

Just face your social cultural organization.

Sometime ago Northern elders had issue and their chairman reasoned the igbos complain?
Afenifere had issues did igbo intervene.
Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by olowobaba10: 2:16pm On Apr 19, 2018
conductorl7:

1. The Emir of Osun
2. Fulani killing
3. Boko Haram

THE TRUTH IS VERY BITTER, TAAKE IIT!

Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by 3Ceagle(m): 4:17pm On Apr 19, 2018
rusher14:

Most Nigerian youth of recent times will always chase shadows. You can tell the effect on how our society has become...... this country is doomed if nothing drastic is done.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by engrchykae(m): 6:46pm On Apr 19, 2018
Deadlytruth:

Well, I am not an Obasanjo kinsman. I am actually from Edo State and most Igbos here know that. However, you will recall that the same Obasanjo was given bloc votes by Igbos in 1999 despite the PDP actually dubiously substituted him for Ekweme who was actually most qualified for the ticket based on the laid down criteria by the party's National Committee.
Then, despite how you've discredited Zik here, majority of Igbos actually celebrate him as hero. So how do we reconcile all these?

we played well to support obasanjo because we knew that anti igbo sentiment will make ekwueme lose.
The only reason for unadulterated unity between yoruba and hausafulani is ANTI IGBO SENTIMENTS..
WE DID NOT REGRET VOTING OBASANJO BECAUSE HE TREATED US WELL.
REASON WE SNUBBED OUR OWN OKADIGBO AND ARTHUR TO VOTE OBASANJO..
IF EDOID IGBOS CELEBRATE ZIK,GOOD FOR HIM BUT HERE IN IGBOID IGBOLAND,ZIK IS A CURSE.
Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by engrchykae(m): 6:53pm On Apr 19, 2018
Deadlytruth:

Awolowo and Enahoro never changed their minds against a peaceful and bloodless secession which could have only been guaranteed by a constitutional provision for pro-secession referendum.
And that was the major reason Ojukwu's approach did not appeal to them.
Even Zik himself would later in a 1975 interview declare Ojukwu's secession attempt as illegal on account of the absence of any constitutional provision for it through his efforts in the 1954 constitutional conference where he, according to himself in the interview, was the one who demanded help from the British Lords to threaten Awolowo into abandoning his push for secession provision. I can furnish you with the interview if you won't mind. So the British did not force or blackmail Azikiwe as you claim. Azikiwe on his own will sought British help to keep the contraption alive.
but you contradicted yourself.
You said the British did not blackmail azikiwe but you confessed that the same British threatened awolowo for pushing for the provision of peaceful secession.
If they threatened awolowo,why won't they threaten or blackmail azikiwe?
The only group the British never intimidated were the NORTH.
Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by chernest2002: 7:35pm On Apr 19, 2018
OkoYibo:

where is this goat coming from?
Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by Deadlytruth(m): 10:36pm On Apr 19, 2018
engrchykae:
but you contradicted yourself.
You said the British did not blackmail azikiwe but you confessed that the same British threatened awolowo for pushing for the provision of peaceful secession.
If they threatened awolowo,why won't they threaten or blackmail azikiwe?
The only group the British never intimidated were the NORTH.

There is no contradiction there.
Awolowo, Enahoro and Bello wanted secession provision. But Zik didn't, so he demanded help from the British to threaten the pro-secession clause advocates into fearful submission. The British only needed one dissenting region to justify their intervention, and they found it in Zik. If Zik had bought into the secession advocacy thus making it a pan-Nigerian demand, the British could not have done anything about it. Recall that when the whole country was unanimous in demand for regions creation the British could not but give in.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by Deadlytruth(m): 11:09pm On Apr 19, 2018
engrchykae:
we played well to support obasanjo because we knew that anti igbo sentiment will make ekwueme lose.
The only reason for unadulterated unity between yoruba and hausafulani is ANTI IGBO SENTIMENTS..
WE DID NOT REGRET VOTING OBASANJO BECAUSE HE TREATED US WELL.
REASON WE SNUBBED OUR OWN OKADIGBO AND ARTHUR TO VOTE OBASANJO..
IF EDOID IGBOS CELEBRATE ZIK,GOOD FOR HIM BUT HERE IN IGBOID IGBOLAND,ZIK IS A CURSE.

At the time in question (1999) there was really nothing like anti-Igbo sentiments because Igbos and the North had worked harmoniously under Abacha's regime to frustrate the actualisation of June 12 through the instrumentality of the ABN and the Daniel Kanu led YEAA. What we even had then was June 12 engendered anti-Yoruba sentiments which if Igbos had harnessed well would have placed Ekweme in Aso Rock and he would have definitely treated Igbos far better than as you claim for Obj did for them. All the Igbos should have done then was to leave PDP enmass and form their own Igbo party and with it negotiate like Yorubas and the Core North did with AD and APP respectively. But because Babangida wanted a southern lackey to the Northern Oligarchy he rallied round Obasanjo who perfectly fitted the status unlike Ekweme. But for the fact Obasanjo was actually anti-Yoruba and anti-Awolowo in antecedents Igbos took Ekweme's dubious substitution with Obasanjo
as enough compensation.

Likewise, the only reason for unadulterated unity between Igbos and HausaFulanis is anti-Yoruba sentiments. It happened in 1959 when the Igbo controlled NCNC united with the HausaFulanis owned NEPU and NPC. It happened again in 1979 with the Igbo controlled NPP uniting with the HausaFulanis' NPN. Then it happened again in 1990 with Igbos deliberately refusing to form their own party but preferring to join the Katsina Mafia owned PDP just to ensure that the Yoruba man (Olu Falae) whom the Yorubas really wanted did not win.
The APGA, though formed by the greatest hero of Igbos, does not command membership among Igbos because its ideology has nothing to do with uniting with Hausafulanis to frustrate any Yoruba interest, but about uniting Igbos into a powerful voice for their greater relevance in the scheme of things.

Okadogbo, Ojukwu and the others would have done better for Igbos than Obasanjo had Igbos supported them and they won.

My impression that Zik is regarded as a hero among Igbos is premised on my observations here in NL. Over 80℅ of the Igbos I encounter on NL eulogize and defend all Zik's actions and choices. 15℅ are neutral while only the rest 5℅ call him a villain and bad leader as you have done.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by Igboid: 11:26pm On Apr 19, 2018
I think it's time I stepped into this debate, lest some bitter Igbophobic beings, denature history as we know it, in desperate and futile bid to present Ndiigbo as villains.
Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by Igboid: 11:27pm On Apr 19, 2018
Saturday, 09 June 2012 TRIBUNE NEWSPAPERS - KUNLE ODEREMI

"From that point, the battle by the amorphous forces to scuttle the democracy process began to witness new twists and turns to the amazement of local and international communities. Some of those anti-democratic elements that had hitherto hid their faces began to come into the open, deploying weird antics and tactics to discredit the poll and denigrate the character of Abiola. From nowhere came Abimbola Davies to complement the hatchet job of the notorious Association for Better Nigeria (ABN) led by eccentric Chief Arthur Nzeribe.
To save the day and avoid the move to abort the making of June 12, those behind the new vision of a better Nigeria under a democracy moved briskly to form a coalition. Several human rights and pro-democracy bodies picked up the gauntlet of defending the sovereign powers of the people to elect those to govern them. The build-up culminated in the birth of the National Democratic Coalition (NADECO) from the mainsteam pan-Yoruba organisation, Afenifere; Movement for National Reformation (MNR) led by Pa Anthony Enahoro; Eastern Mandate Union (EMU) and many others.

From that moment, the face of the struggle changed. While the military bared its fangs like a rabid dog, the civil society and other forces dared the lion, even right in its den. The leaders of the coalition and other groups became victims of vicious attacks, including assassination and killings. Scores of hapless youths protesting against the “criminal” annulment were maimed or killed and even declared missing by pro-democracy and human rights groups. Many others were hounded into jail among hardened criminals. There are several other statesmen like late Pa adekunle Ajasin, Chief Bola Ige, General Shehu Musa Yar’Adua, Olisa Agbakoba, late Chief Gani Fawehinmi, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Dr. Chukwuemeka Ezeife, late Pa Onasanya Solanke, Chuma Ubani, Ms Ayo Obe, and lots of other activists, as well as scores of other protesters that suffered indignities and humiliation in the hands of agents of government. In the words of the governor of Lagos State, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, “June 12, 1993 election has become historic and memorable, not because it produced the expected results, but because its sabotage produced a reaction that the saboteurs did not contemplate. It produced a platform for the expression of the need for change, a better life, true democracy and responsible governance by millions of Nigerians. The election ignited in Nigeria, the biggest human force known in our history – the consensus of millions for one common purpose.” But when will their garlands come? "
Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by Igboid: 11:29pm On Apr 19, 2018
Many others were hounded into jail among hardened criminals. There are several other statesmen like late Pa adekunle Ajasin, Chief Bola Ige, General Shehu Musa Yar’Adua, Olisa Agbakoba, late Chief Gani Fawehinmi, Dr. Fredrick Fasehun, Dr. Chukwuemeka Ezeife, late Pa Onasanya Solanke, Chuma Ubani, Ms Ayo Obe,

You can see Igbos in the above list, who stood firmly With Yorubas in June 12.
Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by Igboid: 11:34pm On Apr 19, 2018
From nowhere came Abimbola Davies to complement the hatchet job of the notorious Association for Better Nigeria (ABN) led by eccentric Chief Arthur Nzeribe".

Speaking of those who truncated June 12. There were Yorubas in the middle of it all.
Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by Igboid: 11:41pm On Apr 19, 2018
Speaking of politicians who received money from Aso rock and betrayed Abiola, maybe it's time we listened to Yoruba people themselves.
Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by Igboid: 11:43pm On Apr 19, 2018
"I will not to cast aspersion on late Pa Adesanya, Chief Bola Ige and other Yoruba leaders but what we heard then was that Abdulsalami induced some Yoruba leaders with money. That was why they played down the restiveness and the struggle after the death of Abiola. That was what we heard. I don’t have the opportunity to expatiate on the exact amount of money given to them".
~ Gani Adams

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/mko-abiola-some-yoruba-leaders-were-bribed-gani-adams/amp
Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by Igboid: 11:48pm On Apr 19, 2018
 “Some of them even went beyond the ordinary call of duty.

“We trusted them and held meetings in their homes and they taped the recordings of our meetings and went to Aso Rock. So, there were those ones but it is not the time to talk about things like that.

“But how did they end up? Some who did other things who were even junior to these ones also did not end well. I know at least about three or four of them that are dead now. After betraying us, they pretended to be part of us, we assigned them duties.

“There are quite a number of so-called Yoruba, who are elders who betrayed him.

“During the course of activities, they betrayed us and got something from the system. But what they got didn’t last long. After making the blood money they made, some of them perished.

~ Ayo Opadokun

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/dailypost.ng/2017/06/22/yoruba-leaders-elders-betrayed-abiola-ayo-opadokun/amp/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'Excluding Omisore, Obanikoro From Travel Ban List Is Partial' - Yoruba Youths / Highlights Of President Buhari's Meeting With South-east Governors (videos) / Guru Maharaj Ji Advises Atiku: Don’t Waste Money On Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.