Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,217 members, 7,860,379 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:11 AM

Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu (21070 Views)

IPOB Women Disgrace Nnia Nwodo, Scatter Ohanaeze Event (Photos) / Nnia Nwodo: Any Igbo That Touches A Northerner Should Kill Me First / FFK Gives 32 Reasons That Show President Buhari Has Been Replaced With A Double (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by Igboid: 11:55pm On Apr 19, 2018
You can see how bitter Igbophobic beings are working so hard to even denature a history as recent as June 12, to present Ndiigbo as villains, while trying as much as possible to erode all good roles played by Igbo persons in June 12, and downplaying the negative roles played by Yoruba elders in the Abiola Saga.

The hearts of these people are demonic.

The good thing is that they are up against an Igbo generation hell bent on correcting the mistakes of our forerunners, one of which is never to allow Igbophobic lies go un replied and un exposed as a demonic falsehood they are.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by engrchykae(m): 6:39am On Apr 20, 2018
Deadlytruth:

At the time in question (1999) there was really nothing like anti-Igbo sentiments because Igbos and the North had worked harmoniously under Abacha's regime to frustrate the actualisation of June 12 through the instrumentality of the ABN and the Daniel Kanu led YEAA. What we even had then was June 12 engendered anti-Yoruba sentiments which if Igbos had harnessed well would have placed Ekweme in Aso Rock and he would have definitely treated Igbos far better than as you claim for Obj did for them. All the Igbos should have done then was to leave PDP enmass and form their own Igbo party and with it negotiate like Yorubas and the Core North did with AD and APP respectively. But because Babangida wanted a southern lackey to the Northern Oligarchy he rallied round Obasanjo who perfectly fitted the status unlike Ekweme. But for the fact Obasanjo was actually anti-Yoruba and anti-Awolowo in antecedents Igbos took Ekweme's dubious substitution with Obasanjo
as enough compensation.

Likewise, the only reason for unadulterated unity between Igbos and HausaFulanis is anti-Yoruba sentiments. It happened in 1959 when the Igbo controlled NCNC united with the HausaFulanis owned NEPU and NPC. It happened again in 1979 with the Igbo controlled NPP uniting with the HausaFulanis' NPN. Then it happened again in 1990 with Igbos deliberately refusing to form their own party but preferring to join the Katsina Mafia owned PDP just to ensure that the Yoruba man (Olu Falae) whom the Yorubas really wanted did not win.
The APGA, though formed by the greatest hero of Igbos, does not command membership among Igbos because its ideology has nothing to do with uniting with Hausafulanis to frustrate any Yoruba interest, but about uniting Igbos into a powerful voice for their greater relevance in the scheme of things.

Okadogbo, Ojukwu and the others would have done better for Igbos than Obasanjo had Igbos supported them and they won.

My impression that Zik is regarded as a hero among Igbos is premised on my observations here in NL. Over 80℅ of the Igbos I encounter on NL eulogize and defend all Zik's actions and choices. 15℅ are neutral while only the rest 5℅ call him a villain and bad leader as you have done.
whatever zik,armadu bello,tafawa and the British did can't be used to rope the igbos in.
Ojukwu is the man we love but he can't win.
The southwest voted Olu falae,DID HE WIN?
Likewise if we had voted ojukwu,the rest of nigeria will reject and vote him out because they KNEW what he STOOD FOR.
Stop thinking everyone a PUPIL while you are the VILLAGE HEADMASTER
Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by Deadlytruth(m): 7:36am On Apr 20, 2018
engrchykae:
whatever zik,armadu bello,tafawa and the British did can't be used to rope the igbos in.
Ojukwu is the man we love but he can't win.
The southwest voted Olu falae,DID HE WIN?
Likewise if we had voted ojukwu,the rest of nigeria will reject and vote him out because they KNEW what he STOOD FOR.
Stop thinking everyone a PUPIL while you are the VILLAGE HEADMASTER

So you decided not to vote for the man you loved just because you assumed he couldn't win? Yorubas knew that Falae would not win Obasanjo who had the Igbo and Hausafulani support, but did that stop them from supporting his ambition and voting for him all the same to prove a point?
The Core North Hausafulanis knew quite well in 2003, 2007 and 2011 that Buhari was not likely to win, but did that stopt them from supporting his ambition and voting for him all the same to prove a point? Did their cult followeship of Buhari not later become the major factor in APC's choice of Buhari's successful candidacy eventually?
If Igbos had consistently given Ojukwu or any other prominent Igbo such cult followeship irrespective of his chances, some other parts of the country would have capitalized on it to seek a giant merger party with Igbos and with that Igbo figure as the flagbearer. But unfortunately Igbos always wrongly assume that other Nigerians will never vote one of them into power. What Nigerians, especially Southerners and Middle Belters, primarily want in this age is good and convincing manifesto irrespective of tribe.

In 2003 I, as a person preferred Ojukwu because, apart from my hatred for Obasanjo, Ojukwu was the only candidate with a concrete manifesto. Same reason I supported Falae in 1999 against Obasanjo.
Only a very ignorant Nigerian would fear that an Ojukwu presidency could have split Nigeria. How could he have weilded such power in a democracy? In fact, how would he have even passed the bill or made the suggestion to the legislature without being impeached?
People also used Islamisation agenda campaign against Buhari. Now, as president, has he been able to islamize even the North let alone the entire country?
Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by Rucheen(m): 9:23am On Apr 20, 2018
OkoYibo:

I was born in Lagos Island and I can trace my lineage down to generations.

Unlike you, I have a story of my creation and ancestry. Let me ask you a simple question. Where did Igbos originate from? Remember Jews conducted DNA tests and said you don't have a single Jewish DNA strain.

No past, no history and no future and your talking nonsense to an Omoluabi.

When I become the Governor of Lagos, I'll make it compulsory that before any of you clowns get a shop in Lagos, you must be given Yoruba tribal marks.

When hate exceed it's elastic limit you laugh it off

LoL
Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by engrchykae(m): 12:07pm On Apr 20, 2018
Deadlytruth:

So you decided not to vote for the man you loved just because you assumed he couldn't win? Yorubas knew that Falae would not win Obasanjo who had the Igbo and Hausafulani support, but did that stop them from supporting his ambition and voting for him all the same to prove a point?
The Core North Hausafulanis knew quite well in 2003, 2007 and 2011 that Buhari was not likely to win, but did that stopt them from supporting his ambition and voting for him all the same to prove a point? Did their cult followeship of Buhari not later become the major factor in APC's choice of Buhari's successful candidacy eventually?
If Igbos had consistently given Ojukwu or any other prominent Igbo such cult followeship irrespective of his chances, some other parts of the country would have capitalized on it to seek a giant merger party with Igbos and with that Igbo figure as the flagbearer. But unfortunately Igbos always wrongly assume that other Nigerians will never vote one of them into power. What Nigerians, especially Southerners and Middle Belters, primarily want in this age is good and convincing manifesto irrespective of tribe.

In 2003 I, as a person preferred Ojukwu because, apart from my hatred for Obasanjo, Ojukwu was the only candidate with a concrete manifesto. Same reason I supported Falae in 1999 against Obasanjo.
Only a very ignorant Nigerian would fear that an Ojukwu presidency could have split Nigeria. How could he have weilded such power in a democracy? In fact, how would he have even passed the bill or made the suggestion to the legislature without being impeached?
People also used Islamisation agenda campaign against Buhari. Now, as president, has he been able to islamize even the North let alone the entire country?

which one is igbos wrongly assume?
As in we have not seen firsthand the national anti igbo sentiment in this contraption?
Ordinary upgrading of enugu international airport made the yoruba go mad at Stella odua because they would prefer us using the mma in ikeja.
You must think everyone a fool not to see beyond the veil.
We are never naive in politics,nigerians can now see that we are right in rejecting buhari all these while.
Moreover you sound more serious for igbo presidency than igbos.
Maybe you are judging based on the selfish antics of the political class.
By the way,fielding a candidate you already knew would lose is a bad business and igbos are mostly business oriented people.
Its like going on a lost war.
Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by Deadlytruth(m): 12:33pm On Apr 20, 2018
engrchykae:
As in we have not seen firsthand the national anti igbo sentiment in this contraption?
Ordinary upgrading of enugu international airport made the yoruba go mad at Stella odua because they would prefer us using the mma in ikeja.
We are never naive in politics,nigerians can now see that we are right in rejecting buhari all these while.
By the way,fielding a candidate you already knew would lose is a bad business and igbos are mostly business oriented people.
Playing the victim card as usual.
So Yorubas gathered themselves, went all the way to Abuja and threatened to kill Stella Odua if she upgraded Enugu Airport? So why did the same Yorubas not fight against the construction of Nnamdi Azikiwe Int'l Airport since MMIA was already there? I guess the Yorubas are also currently protesting against Fashola for the ongoing renovation of Enugu-PH Expressway and other SE roads, right?
My talk on Igbo presidency is just a response to your earlier assertions that other Nigerians are anti-Igbo. But you have quickly changed it to being more concerned about the Igbo presidency than the Igbos themselves. Hmmm. It is very difficult to have an honest discussion with an Igbo man.
Ironically tomorrow it is still you people that will complain of being sidelined.
And how exactly does Buhari come into this discussion? I don't understand. However, contrary to your claim, his support is swelling in Igbo land as confirmed by Ohaneze's confirment of a title on him recently. A lot of prominent Igbos are now of the considered opinion that supporting Buhari for 2019 is the shortest and surest cut to Igbo presidency in 2023.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by engrchykae(m): 2:47pm On Apr 20, 2018
Deadlytruth:

Playing the victim card as usual.
So Yorubas gathered themselves, went all the way to Abuja and threatened to kill Stella Odua if she upgraded Enugu Airport? So why did the same Yorubas not fight against the construction of Nnamdi Azikiwe Int'l Airport since MMIA was already there? I guess the Yorubas are also currently protesting against Fashola for the ongoing renovation of Enugu-PH Expressway and other SE roads, right?
My talk on Igbo presidency is just a response to your earlier assertions that other Nigerians are anti-Igbo. But you have quickly changed it to being more concerned about the Igbo presidency than the Igbos themselves. Hmmm. It is very difficult to have a honest discussion with an Igbo man.
Ironically tomorrow it is still you people that will complain of being sidelined.
And how exactly does Buhari come into this discussion? I don't understand. However, contrary to your claim, his support is swelling in Igbo land as confirmed by Ohaneze's confirment of a title on him recently. A lot of prominent Igbos are now of the considered opinion that supporting Buhari for 2019 is the shortest and surest cut to Igbo presidency in 2023.
the joke of the century.
Buhari is popular in the southeast.
A cheap and stale joke by ohaneze.
You can as well believe whatever orji uzo kalu and Rochas told you.
Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by Deadlytruth(m): 2:50pm On Apr 20, 2018
engrchykae:
the joke of the century.
Buhari is popular in the southeast.
A cheap and stale joke by ohaneze.
You can as well believe whatever orji uzo kalu and Rochas told you.

Alright. Let's just wait for posterity to vindicate you or me. I will remind you of this thread when it happens.
Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by Deadlytruth(m): 3:09pm On Apr 20, 2018
As for Igboid; I want to assume he is through with his brickbats of denial of Igbos major role in the anti-June 12 project.

The examples of Igbos he gave as supportive of June 12 are way out of the context of my submission. These Igbos, like one or two persons from nearly every other tribe, acted in individual capacities based on personal principles and not on behalf of the Igbos' general preference which was rather anti-June 12.
Judging from the election itself Igbos voted overwhelmingly for Tofa (a Fulani) and against Abiola for being a Yoruba contestant whom Yorubas actually wanted and supported. Had Yorubas preferred Tofa to MKO, then MKO would have got at least 85℅ of Igbo votes.
Secondly the officially recognized groups created to perpetuate Abacha (a Fulani) in power thus watering down the June 12 actualisation prospect were all headed by Igbos. Examples are Daniel Kanu led YEAA, Nzeribe led ABN and others. So I am not mistaken in my position that Igbos as a tribe collectively worked best with the HausaFulanis to frustrate MKO and June 12.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by Igboid: 7:47pm On Apr 20, 2018
Deadlytruth:
As for Igboid; I want to assume he is through with his brickbats of denial of Igbos major role in the anti-June 12 project.

The examples of Igbos he gave as supportive of June 12 are way out of the context of my submission. These Igbos, like one or two persons from nearly every other tribe, acted in individual capacities based on personal principles and not on behalf of the Igbos' general preference which was rather anti-June 12.
Judging from the election itself Igbos voted overwhelmingly for Tofa (a Fulani) and against Abiola for being a Yoruba contestant whom Yorubas actually wanted and supported. Had Yorubas preferred Tofa to MKO, then MKO would have got at least 85℅ of Igbo votes.
Secondly the officially recognized groups created to perpetuate Abacha (a Fulani) in power thus watering down the June 12 actualisation prospect were all headed by Igbos. Examples are Daniel Kanu led YEAA, Nzeribe led ABN and others. So I am not mistaken in my position that Igbos as a tribe collectively worked best with the HausaFulanis to frustrate MKO and June 12.

You are one Ignorant Igbophobic bitter being.

Abiola won the election in Anambra by 57.1% , despite the public rumour that he said that he could win without Igbos that was going round, and which he never even cared to debunk in public. If an Igbo was rumoured to have made such a Yorubaphobic statement, without even caring to deny it in public, would he even get up to 1% votes in Yorubaland?

In Enugu Abiola lost, but won 48.01% of the votes , in Imo he lost, but won 44.86% of the votes.
https://maxsiollun./2008/06/14/june-12-1993-election-full-results/

Any body not blinded by bitter Igbophobia would notice that it was a closely fought contest, even with Tofa fielding an Igbo VP.
If the tables were turned, would Yorubas had voted an Igbo President ?
Your idea of Igbos ganging up with the North against a Yoruba candidate only exists in your Igbophobic reality, as the result of the 1993 presidential election showed a very closely fought battle between Tofa and Abiola in Igboland, with Abiola winning Anambra State and losing narrowly in Enugu,Imo and Abia.

We have the result of the 1993 presidential election, courtesy of the brilliant work of an Igbo man, called Humphrey Nwosu, an INEC chairman that ensured Nigeria had the first and only free and fair elections in its history, we can say that Abiola is the winner of 1993 elections with full confidence, because of an Igbo man, Humphrey Nwosu, he never got the chance to announce the result because his life was on the line, but he did a good job, have you and your Igbophobic lots ever given him credit? Instead he is being denigrated, tagged coward and all sorts of names, for not puting his life on the line, by defying the military and their kangaroo courts, and had not gone ahead to declare the results publicly, even though he was brave enough to collate the results and present before the kangaroo courts.

As for Arthur Nzeribe, this was a man who was involved in arms deal business with Nigerians during the Civil War, he negotiated weapon deals to be used against Biafrans, how exactly his sole selfish actions, should weight more than that actions of thousands of Igbos who voted for Abiola in Anambra, Imo and Enugu, can only be explained by bitter Igbophobic beings.

It's also shameful that you had to throw in Kanu Daniel and his YEAA movement, that occurred in 1998,almost 5yrs after the June 12, into your irrational Igbophobic concoctions, it betrays your default Igbophobic settings, ever geared towards looking for means to demonize Ndiigbo.
So desperate are you in this your mission, that you can't even look up your facts and figures any longer.

May Chukwu help you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by Deadlytruth(m): 10:30pm On Apr 20, 2018
Igboid:

You are one Ignorant Igbophobic bitter being.

Abiola won the election in Anambra by 57.1% , despite the public rumour that he said that he could win without Igbos that was going round, and which he never even cared to debunk in public. If an Igbo was rumoured to have made such a Yorubaphobic statement, without even caring to deny it in public, would he even get up to 1% votes in Yorubaland?

In Enugu Abiola lost, but won 48.01% of the votes , in Imo he lost, but won 44.86% of the votes.
https://maxsiollun./2008/06/14/june-12-1993-election-full-results/

Any body not blinded by bitter Igbophobia would notice that it was a closely fought contest, even with Tofa fielding an Igbo VP.
If the tables were turned, would Yorubas had voted an Igbo President ?
Your idea of Igbos ganging up with the North against a Yoruba candidate only exists in your Igbophobic reality, as the result of the 1993 presidential election showed a very closely fought battle between Tofa and Abiola in Igboland, with Abiola winning Anambra State and losing narrowly in Enugu,Imo and Abia.

We have the result of the 1993 presidential election, courtesy of the brilliant work of an Igbo man, called Humphrey Nwosu, an INEC chairman that ensured Nigeria had the first and only free and fair elections in its history, we can say that Abiola is the winner of 1993 elections with full confidence, because of an Igbo man, Humphrey Nwosu, he never got the chance to announce the result because his life was on the line, but he did a good job, have you and your Igbophobic lots ever given him credit? Instead he is being denigrated, tagged coward and all sorts of names, for not puting his life on the line, by defying the military and their kangaroo courts, and had not gone ahead to declare the results publicly, even though he was brave enough to collate the results and present before the kangaroo courts.

As for Arthur Nzeribe, this was a man who was involved in arms deal business with Nigerians during the Civil War, he negotiated weapon deals to be used against Biafrans, how exactly his sole selfish actions, should weight more than that actions of thousands of Igbos who voted for Abiola in Anambra, Imo and Enugu, can only be explained by bitter Igbophobic beings.

It's also shameful that you had to throw in Kanu Daniel and his YEAA movement, that occurred in 1998,almost 5yrs after the June 12, into your irrational Igbophobic concoctions, it betrays your default Igbophobic settings, ever geared towards looking for means to demonize Ndiigbo.
So desperate are you in this your mission, that you can't even look up your facts and figures any longer.

May Chukwu help you.

I don't have the time to react to all these your distractive rants of Igbophobic this and that as they don't change the fact that Tofa won in most Igbo states.
If we are to buy into your dubious argument that closeness of Abiola's votes to Tofa's in Igbo states could pass for Igbos supporting Abiola, then why do your likes keep accusing Yorubas of betraying Jonathan despite the fact that the difference between his votes and Buhari's in Yoruba states were as well marginal? So much for a person who credits himself with fact checking.
In fact one very dubious Igbo moniker here called Pazienza is always of the opinion that the 60℅ votes Jonathan got from Edo in 2015 was not enough to claim that Edos voted for him but for Buhari since in his debased mind anything short of 90℅ amounted to rejection. You never chided him for such preposterous perception but you now are busy trying to argue that 45℅ for Abiola in Enugu means he was accepted by Igbos.
So if I and indeed most other Nigerians are Igbophobic, aren't these double standards and illogicalities peddled by Igbos enough justifiable basis?
That the battle was 'closely' fought in the East despite Tofa's Igbo VP factor is no basis for chest beating because the Middle Belters, from among whom Abiola's chose his running mate running mate, gave him total victory rather than a closely fought but lost battle.

Again, in your double standards corrupted brain, you absolve Humphrey Nwosu of blame on the excuse that it would have been foolhardy to defy the federal military might by way of putting his personal life on the line to declare the full results but the same likes of you crucify Enahoro and Awolowo for refusing to toe the foolhardiness path which would have involved putting the lives of their entire tribes on the line to dare the federal military might in a war they were neither properly equipped nor prepared for. See double standards smelling all over your shameless mouth?
Your anticipation of commendation for Nwosu for his half-baked bravery reeks of hypocrisy when compared with how you lots frequently demonize Wole Soyinka for his opinion on national questions despite he placed his life on the line in your favour during the war.
The hypocrisy is further laid bare by the fact that you demonize Yorubas for alleged betrayal despite the fact that those of them who fought and died on the side of Biafra outnumbered those who supported the federal side.

Well, isn't it funny and self indicting that despite all the sabotage you accuse Arthur Nzeribe of doing against you Igbos during the war, you however still deemed it fit to vote him twice after the war to represent you in the federal legislature? If he, with the burden of Biafra War sabotage on him, could represent you in the legislature in the second republic after the war, then why use the same sabotage as an excuse to deny the representative capacity of his anti-June 12 struggles on behalf of Igbos?
But ironically the Ojukwu who led the war had his bid for a representative seat in the federal legislature rejected and frustrated by Igbos in the same election in which they ensured that Nzeribe the very saboteur of the war won a federal legislature seat. What an anomalous tribe!

Again, you lie by attaching unprecedentedness to the credibility of June 12 election just to give flesh to your dubious beatification of Nwosu. Contrary to your lie however, the June 12 election was not any credibile than the 1959 election conducted by the departing colonial masters which saw the Southern parties winning the popular vote, and also winning more MP seats in the North than the Northern ones did in the South with no complaints of rigging from any quarter. Had it being rigged, there would have been no need for coalition government as the North would have got the simple majority. Mr. Fact Checker, how did this escape your eyes when you 'checked' the facts before you posted the trash above?

You conjecture that Yorubas would not have voted for an Igbo candidate if the table was turned. But then who exactly are the ones always colluding with the North to see that the table is never turned for that hypothesis to be tested once and for all if not Igbos themselves?

You seem to confuse the birth of Daniel Kanu's YEAA with his 2 million man March for Abacha hence your assumption that YEAA came into being in 1998. I thought you are a fact checker?

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by Igboid: 12:22am On Apr 21, 2018

I don't have the time to react to all these your distractive rants of Igbophobic this and that as they don't change the fact that Tofa won in most Igbo states.
If we are to buy into your dubious argument that closeness of Abiola's votes to Tofa's in Igbo states could pass for Igbos supporting Abiola, then why do your likes keep accusing Yorubas of betraying Jonathan despite the fact that the difference between his votes and Buhari's in Yoruba states were as well marginal? So much for a person who credits himself with fact checking.
In fact one very dubious Igbo moniker here called Pazienza is always of the opinion that the 60℅ votes Jonathan got from Edo in 2015 was not enough to claim that Edos voted for him but for Buhari since in his debased mind anything short of 90℅ amounted to rejection. You never chided him for such preposterous perception but you now are busy trying to argue that 45℅ for Abiola in Enugu means he was accepted by Igbos.

As always, verbose without making sense.

How does the figures of the 1993 elections tally with your Igbos voted "overwhelmingly" for Tofa vituperation?

It was an election that could have swung either way. Tofa won 63% of the votes in Rivers state.

How about we stick to your below vituperations, without bringing up diversions to prolong discussions.
How can you prove your below lies, using the official figures of the election?

Judging from the election itself Igbos voted overwhelmingly for Tofa (a Fulani) and against Abiola for being a Yoruba contestant whom Yorubas actually wanted and supported.

So if I and indeed most other Nigerians are Igbophobic, aren't these double standards and illogicalities peddled by Igbos enough justifiable basis?

What double standards? Stick to the topic, you are already innately Igbophobic without any reason, but by all means, below is the topic, stick to it, no more diversions.

Judging from the election itself Igbos voted overwhelmingly for Tofa (a Fulani) and against Abiola for being a Yoruba contestant whom Yorubas actually wanted and supported.

Again, in your double standards corrupted brain, you absolve Humphrey Nwosu of blame on the excuse that it would have been foolhardy to defy the federal military might by way of putting his personal life on the line to declare the full results but the same likes of you crucify Enahoro and Awolowo for refusing to toe the foolhardiness path which would have involved putting the lives of their entire tribes on the line to dare the federal military might in a war they were neither properly equipped nor prepared for. See double standards smelling all over your shameless mouth?
Your anticipation of commendation for Nwosu for his half-baked bravery reeks of hypocrisy when compared with how you lots frequently demonize Wole Soyinka for his opinion on national questions despite he placed his life on the line in your favour during the war.
The hypocrisy is further laid bare by the fact that you demonize Yorubas for alleged betrayal despite the fact that those of them who fought and died on the side of Biafra outnumbered those who supported the federal side.

Can we again stick to the topic, and stop bringing up irrelevant drives to create diversion?
Humphrey Nwosu played a positive role in Abiola emergence, by conducting the freest and fairest election known in the annual of Nigerian history, an election which made Abiola a winner, that's a positive role played by an Igbo man in Abiola Saga.

Well, isn't it funny and self indicting that despite all the sabotage you accuse Arthur Nzeribe of doing against you Igbos during the war, you however still deemed it fit to vote him twice after the war to represent you in the federal legislature? If he, with the burden of Biafra War sabotage on him, could represent you in the legislature in the second republic after the war, then why use the same sabotage as an excuse to deny the representative capacity of his anti-June 12 struggles on behalf of Igbos?
But ironically the Ojukwu who led the war had his bid for a representative seat in the federal legislature rejected and frustrated by Igbos in the same election in which they ensured that Nzeribe the very saboteur of the war won a federal legislature seat. What an anomalous tribe

Yet another irrelevant drivel meant to create diversion. Sorry, I'm not biting.
Dr Nwankwo and Mr Chuma Ubani are both Igbos who died defending Abiola mandate, tell us why their ultimate sacrifice isn't worth anything, and while Nzeribe actions were worth more and should be used to represent Igbos.
Dr Nwankwo, Mr Chuma Ubani, Barr Agbakoba, Dr Ezeife. That's 4 Igbos who fought for June 13, against one Igbo who fought against June 13.

Again, you lie by attaching unprecedentedness to the credibility of June 12 election just to give flesh to your dubious beatification of Nwosu. Contrary to your lie however, the June 12 election was not any credibile than the 1959 election conducted by the departing colonial masters which saw the Southern parties winning the popular vote, and also winning more MP seats in the North than the Northern ones did in the South with no complaints of rigging from any quarter. Had it being rigged, there would have been no need for coalition government as the North would have got the simple majority. Mr. Fact Checker, how did this escape your eyes when you 'checked' the facts before you posted the trash above?

June 12 1993 elections had been described by most Nigerian political analysts as the freest and fairest election in Nigerian history, and it was conducted by an Igbo man, Humphrey Nwosu, no amount of your verbose posts would take that away.

You conjecture that Yorubas would not have voted for an Igbo candidate if the table was turned. But then who exactly are the ones always colluding with the North to see that the table is never turned for that hypothesis to be tested once and for all if not Igbos themselves?

What coalition ? Never knew that Alhaji Babagana Kingibe was not a Northerner.

You seem to confuse the birth of Daniel Kanu's YEAA with his 2 million man March for Abacha hence your assumption that YEAA came into being in 1998. I thought you are a fact checker?

If you say that YEAA and Daniel Kanu played a key role in 1993 elections, then you would have to present evidence to back up your claims. YEAA was known for its role in trying to help Abacha transit from a military dictator into a civilian president in 1998 and not for playing any role in June 12 1993 Saga.
Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by Deadlytruth(m): 7:09am On Apr 21, 2018
Igboid:

As always, verbose without making sense.

How does the figures of the 1993 elections tally with your Igbos voted "overwhelmingly" for Tofa vituperation?

It was an election that could have swung either way. Tofa won 63% of the votes in Rivers state.

How about we stick to your below vituperations, without bringing up diversions to prolong discussions.
How can you prove your below lies, using the official figures of the election?

What double standards? Stick to the topic, you are already innately Igbophobic without any reason, but by all means, below is the topic, stick to it, no more diversions.

Can we again stick to the topic, and stop bringing up irrelevant drives to create diversion?
Humphrey Nwosu played a positive role in Abiola emergence, by conducting the freest and fairest election known in the annual of Nigerian history, an election which made Abiola a winner, that's a positive role played by an Igbo man in Abiola Saga.

Yet another irrelevant drivel meant to create diversion. Sorry, I'm not biting.
Dr Nwankwo and Mr Chuma Ubani are both Igbos who died defending Abiola mandate, tell us why their ultimate sacrifice isn't worth anything, and while Nzeribe actions were worth more and should be used to represent Igbos.
Dr Nwankwo, Mr Chuma Ubani, Barr Agbakoba, Dr Ezeife. That's 4 Igbos who fought for June 13, against one Igbo who fought against June 13.

June 12 1993 elections had been described by most Nigerian political analysts as the freest and fairest election in Nigerian history, and it was conducted by an Igbo man, Humphrey Nwosu, no amount of your verbose posts would take that away.

What coalition ? Never knew that Alhaji Babagana Kingibe was not a Northerner.

If you say that YEAA and Daniel Kanu played a key role in 1993 elections, then you would have to present evidence to back up your claims. YEAA was known for its role in trying to help Abacha transit from a military dictator into a civilian president in 1998 and not for playing any role in June 12 1993 Saga.

Look at this victim of abysmal comprehension ability accusing me of diversion and verbosity. I guess the stories of strictly individual Igbos'efforts you smuggled into the discussion are not a diversion from the collective sense in which I spoke? You are just a very unstable and diversionary sophist.

Judging from your own brother's (Pazienza's) standard that Edo State's 40℅ votes for Buhari in 2015 was relatively overwhelming, then shouldn't it logically mean that Tofa's above 50℅ in Igbo states was even more overwhelming by Igbos' standards for which he appraised Edo State with his brothers approval with likes? If after making this clear in my penultimate comment, you still ask for clarification, then it obviously means you suffer from poor comprehension.

The possibility of swinging either way is no excuse here. The outcome is what forms the basis of analyses of the results of any election. For June 12, the results showed that Igbos were as usual on the side of Hausafulanis. No dissimulation or apologetics can change that.
Mind you that the 'word' overwhelming is relative. Given the intensity of Southern agitation against Northern domination of power back then, a vote of above 50℅ for a Northerner in any supposedly Southern state was simply outrageous and overwhelming.

As expected, where you can't muster any logical and factual rebuttal you brush it aside with claims of me being Igbophobic. May I ask you why Igbos are the tribe most collectively despised by all others if their attitudes don't really call for it?

This matter is not primarily about June 12 but about Igbos inconsistency and double standards which in order to highlight I can't but cite other issues and juxtapose them with this current one. Only in your persecution complex infested brain do such qualify as irrelevant diversions.

Unfortunately, Nwosu ended up not declaring the results. That makes nonsense of all your attempts to beautify him. If Nigerians perceive IBB as a villain for midwifing a free and fair election but aborting the process at the tail end, why should they Accord heroism to the very Nwosu who was IBB's tool in the tragedy?

By later voting Arthur Nzeribe into the legislature for a democracy ushered in through June 12 struggle which he laboured to kill, Igbos themselves made it clear that the pro-June 12 sacrifices of Ubani, Agbakoba, Ezeife and the rest isn't worth anything. It is that simple.

To a very large extent the credit of the credibility of June 12 election goes to IBB because under a military regime the election umpire's abilities depend 100℅ on the extent to which the junta allows him free hand.

Poor comprehension again. That coalition refers to the first republic. Go through it again.

As for YEAA's objectives, were you blind to the comment in which I first mentioned it as one of the numerous ways in which Igbos had worked with HausaFulanis before 1999 in my attempt to debunk the claim of prevailing anti-Igbo sentiment claim by a brother of yours here?

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by Lot13(m): 8:21am On Apr 21, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

the only thing here and the simple truth is dat.....Igbo man has refused to be slaves......unlike u people.....dat slavery is their hobby.....

nwodo was rejected d when he bcame anti igbo....and started to be buhari errand boy.....never.....igbos won't take that......and dats why north is afraid of them.....

but one thing is certain about afonjas....

not only are they wailing as they been enslaved by hausa fulani.....

they are wailing and kicking as they seek to be enslaved by hausa fulani......This is the tragedy of a yoruba nation.......

Igbos will never be slave to anybody....
Yeye dey smell!!

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by Lot13(m): 8:55am On Apr 21, 2018
engrchykae:
Just like going on a war you knew would be lost in 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by Igboid: 11:12pm On Apr 21, 2018

Look at this victim of abysmal comprehension ability accusing me of diversion and verbosity. I guess the stories of strictly individual Igbos'efforts you smuggled into the discussion are not a diversion from the collective sense in which I spoke? You are just a very unstable and diversionary sophist.

What stories of strictly Igbo efforts, do you speak of?
I had maintained that Igbos like Humphrey Nwosu, Dr Nwankwo,Chumu Ubani, Olisa Agbakoba, Chukwuemeka Ezeife, all played positive role in June 12.
You on the other hand claim there was an Igbo/ Northern agenda to work collectively against Yorubas and Abiola, because of the role of Nzeribe and Kanu Ndubuisi.
But when reminded that Nzeribe was only a single man whose actions cannot override those of other Igbos like Chuma Ubani and Dr Nwankwo, both who died at the hands of the military, alongside their Yoruba friends, while standing up for Abiola mandate, you claimed their actions were individual efforts and must not be seen to represent Ndiigbo. shocked
Below is your exact quote :

Judging from your own brother's (Pazienza's) standard that Edo State's 40℅ votes for Buhari in 2015 was relatively overwhelming, then shouldn't it logically mean that Tofa's above 50℅ in Igbo states was even more overwhelming by Igbos' standards for which he appraised Edo State with his brothers approval with likes? If after making this clear in my penultimate comment, you still ask for clarification, then it obviously means you suffer from poor comprehension.

Pazienza is not an official spokesperson for Ndiigbo, whatever you discussed with him, stays between you and him, and within the context of your discussion.
We are discussing about June 12 here and your statements, stick to topic and stop throwing up diversionary tactics.

Now below is your original statement :

You used the word "overwhelmingly", and when presented with raw figures and facts, you had resorted to dubiously using "relatively overwhelming".
Now I looked up the word Overwhelming in English dictionary, and this is what I saw:

C1 difficult to fight against:
She felt an overwhelming urge/
desire/need to tell someone about what had happened.
C1 very great or very large:
She said how much she appreciated the overwhelming generosity of the
public in responding to the appeal.
An overwhelming majority has voted in favour of the proposal.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/overwhelming
Overwhelming is very large/great. The result of 1993 elections showed that Ndiigbo didn't overwhelmingly vote for Tofa.

As expected, where you can't muster any logical and factual rebuttal you brush it aside with claims of me being Igbophobic. May I ask you why Igbos are the tribe most collectively despised by all others if their attitudes don't really call for it?
Not really, Israel is hated by all Arab and Islamic nations, it doesn't mean that Israel attitude is responsible for that, it just makes the haters bitter demonic entities, whose very existence of Israel, is a source of pain to.

This matter is not primarily about June 12 but about Igbos inconsistency and double standards which in order to highlight I can't but cite other issues and juxtapose them with this current one. Only in your persecution complex infested brain do such qualify as irrelevant diversions.
Nope, I have no interest in your other posts, as I had tackled and debunked them countless number of times on this forum, since 2008, I'm only interested in your Abiola /June 12 angle, as they are new to me, and I need them debunked as well.

Unfortunately, Nwosu ended up not declaring the results. That makes nonsense of all your attempts to beautify him. If Nigerians perceive IBB as a villain for midwifing a free and fair election but aborting the process at the tail end, why should they Accord heroism to the very Nwosu who was IBB's tool in the tragedy?

He had already done his part by conducting the freest and fairest elections in annal of Nigerian history, it wasn't Nwosu who dissolved the NEC and refused that the results be declared in public.
Nwosu was no villain.

By later voting Arthur Nzeribe into the legislature for a democracy ushered in through June 12 struggle which he laboured to kill, Igbos themselves made it clear that the pro-June 12 sacrifices of Ubani, Agbakoba, Ezeife and the rest isn't worth anything. It is that simple.

Another irrelevant drivel, as I see no connection between Nzeribe independent action in June 13, and his winning election later.
There are many criteria people use to elect their leaders, participation and non participation in June 13 events is way down the ladder.
The world in Igboland doesn't revolve around June 13 events, sorry.

To a very large extent the credit of the credibility of June 12 election goes to IBB because under a military regime the election umpire's abilities depend 100℅ on the extent to which the junta allows him free hand.

True, but you also need competence in organization of logistics and Man power, as NEC chairman, to achieve a credible election in the end.

Humphrey Nwosu under the right conditions provided by IBB, exhibited high degree of competency, and for that, he deserves some accolades.

Poor comprehension again. That coalition refers to the first republic. Go through it again.

Like I told you already, I have no interest in your diversions, as I had already tackled those other topics in the time past here.
I'm only interested in the June 13 Saga.
Of which I'm aware that Abiola VP, Babagana Kingibe, was a Northerner from Borno. Since you tagged Tofa-Ugo ticket an Igbo Hausa coalition, what do we call Abiola-Kingibe, an Islamic-Islamic ticket that tickled the fantasy of the Islamic North and saw them queuing up to vote for them.

As for YEAA's objectives, were you blind to the comment in which I first mentioned it as one of the numerous ways in which Igbos had worked with HausaFulanis before 1999 in my attempt to debunk the claim of prevailing anti-Igbo sentiment claim by a brother of yours here

Fair enough.
Official or non official, through the mouth of Aare Konkafo of Yorubaland, Gani Adams and Yoruba high chiefs like Ayo Opadokun , we also know that highly placed Yoruba individuals like Bola Ige, worked Behind the scenes, with Abacha, to enthrone Abacha and kill the civil Movement demand for Abiola mandate restoration.
I guess this part of the narrative doesn't all go well with your Igbo( Nzeribe and Kanu Daniel) ganged up with Hausa-Fulanis to deny Abiola his mandate, eh?

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/dailypost.ng/2017/06/22/yoruba-leaders-elders-betrayed-abiola-ayo-opadokun/amp/

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/mko-abiola-some-yoruba-leaders-were-bribed-gani-adams/amp
Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by Deadlytruth(m): 9:44pm On Apr 22, 2018
Igboid:

What stories of strictly Igbo efforts, do you speak of?
I had maintained that Igbos like Humphrey Nwosu, Dr Nwankwo,Chumu Ubani, Olisa Agbakoba, Chukwuemeka Ezeife, all played positive role in June 12.
You on the other hand claim there was an Igbo/ Northern agenda to work collectively against Yorubas and Abiola, because of the role of Nzeribe and Kanu Ndubuisi.
But when reminded that Nzeribe was only a single man whose actions cannot override those of other Igbos like Chuma Ubani and Dr Nwankwo, both who died at the hands of the military, alongside their Yoruba friends, while standing up for Abiola mandate, you claimed their actions were individual efforts and must not be seen to represent Ndiigbo. shocked
Below is your exact quote :

Pazienza is not an official spokesperson for Ndiigbo, whatever you discussed with him, stays between you and him, and within the context of your discussion.
We are discussing about June 12 here and your statements, stick to topic and stop throwing up diversionary tactics.

Now below is your original statement :

You used the word "overwhelmingly", and when presented with raw figures and facts, you had resorted to dubiously using "relatively overwhelming".
Now I looked up the word Overwhelming in English dictionary, and this is what I saw:

C1 difficult to fight against:
She felt an overwhelming urge/
desire/need to tell someone about what had happened.
C1 very great or very large:
She said how much she appreciated the overwhelming generosity of the
public in responding to the appeal.
An overwhelming majority has voted in favour of the proposal.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/overwhelming
Overwhelming is very large/great. The result of 1993 elections showed that Ndiigbo didn't overwhelmingly vote for Tofa.

Not really, Israel is hated by all Arab and Islamic nations, it doesn't mean that Israel attitude is responsible for that, it just makes the haters bitter demonic entities, whose very existence of Israel, is a source of pain to.

Nope, I have no interest in your other posts, as I had tackled and debunked them countless number of times on this forum, since 2008, I'm only interested in your Abiola /June 12 angle, as they are new to me, and I need them debunked as well.

He had already done his part by conducting the freest and fairest elections in annal of Nigerian history, it wasn't Nwosu who dissolved the NEC and refused that the results be declared in public.
Nwosu was no villain.

Another irrelevant drivel, as I see no connection between Nzeribe independent action in June 13, and his winning election later.
There are many criteria people use to elect their leaders, participation and non participation in June 13 events is way down the ladder.
The world in Igboland doesn't revolve around June 13 events, sorry.

True, but you also need competence in organization of logistics and Man power, as NEC chairman, to achieve a credible election in the end.

Humphrey Nwosu under the right conditions provided by IBB, exhibited high degree of competency, and for that, he deserves some accolades.

Like I told you already, I have no interest in your diversions, as I had already tackled those other topics in the time past here.
I'm only interested in the June 13 Saga.
Of which I'm aware that Abiola VP, Babagana Kingibe, was a Northerner from Borno. Since you tagged Tofa-Ugo ticket an Igbo Hausa coalition, what do we call Abiola-Kingibe, an Islamic-Islamic ticket that tickled the fantasy of the Islamic North and saw them queuing up to vote for them.

Fair enough.
Official or non official, through the mouth of Aare Konkafo of Yorubaland, Gani Adams and Yoruba high chiefs like Ayo Opadokun , we also know that highly placed Yoruba individuals like Bola Ige, worked Behind the scenes, with Abacha, to enthrone Abacha and kill the civil Movement demand for Abiola mandate restoration.
I guess this part of the narrative doesn't all go well with your Igbo( Nzeribe and Kanu Daniel) ganged up with Hausa-Fulanis to deny Abiola his mandate, eh?

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/dailypost.ng/2017/06/22/yoruba-leaders-elders-betrayed-abiola-ayo-opadokun/amp/

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/mko-abiola-some-yoruba-leaders-were-bribed-gani-adams/amp

As usual, responses which betray poor comprehension and evasiveness.

Unfortunately your watery apologetics with reference to the individualistic efforts of Ezeife et al don't change the fact that all the official groups created with the objective of perpetuating Abacha in power to enable him bury June 12 struggle were all led by Igbos. That is the testimonial to their working with the equally anti-June 12 North. This can only be dismissed by sighting any of such groups headed by a non-Igbo.

How many times will I have to repeat that the original line of debate between me and the other moniker is the inconsistency of Igbos in the political affairs of Nigeria? To measure inconsistency, at least two separate issues must be juxtaposed with each other. On that basis, your perception that my references to other events are diversionary reeks of ignorance of the original theme of the discussion at your point of entry.

You only expose your level of duplicity by disowning Pazienza's standards only now that it conflicts with your narrative. Where were you all the while he was busy turning logic on its head if he wasn't really speaking on behalf of Ndigbos?

I maintain that Igbos' votes for Tofa were outrageous and overwhelming considering the intensity of the prevailing Southern revulsion against Northern domination of power.
I did not initially want to go into all that detail since, in your comprehension deficient brain, any attempt to be detailed and unequivocal translates to verbiage.

We can as well regard your reference to Israel as a diversion in light of your dubious opinion on how not to substantiate one's assertions.
Besides, Israel's struggles in the Middle East don't bear any similarly to Igbos self inflicted predicament in Nigeria hence your comparison is hypocritical, baseless and dubious.

I wonder exactly how you have ever logically and factually tackled my submissions except with your usual vituperations and cry of Igbophobia against me.
The last of such before this saw you quit when I exposed your Ignorance of the difference between trade territories and protectorates, and uploaded a map showing the situation between 1900 and early fifties.
You also have not been able to respond to my posers as to what exactly ironsi meant by some highlighted parts of his May 24 1966 national broadcast regarding the argument over who killed the regions and their autonomy. How many will i list?

It was you who mentioned that Tofa had an Igbo running mate. So pinning any accusation on me in relation to that is a product of your imagination.
You chestbeated about the fact that Igbos looked beyond the Igbo VP of Tofa and made it a closely fought but lost battle. This prompted me to ask you why Middle Belters should not deserve more laurels than Igbos since they gave clear cut victory to the candidate who chose one of them.
How on earth you read anything else into that remains a puzzle.

Unfortunately for you, my argument is that only Igbos worked with the HausaFulanis in the official sense to bury June 12. Your "official or not" presmise is a diversion. Why not stick to the official sense which is the topic here? So much for a self styled sticker to topics. Your Vanguard links obviously have no examples of any formally recognized anti-June 12/ pro-Abacha groups led by a non-Igbo. Hypocrite!

I mantain also that Nzeribe's election into the federal legislature after labouring in concert with the North to kill June 12 is the most unassailable evidence that he got the approval of the genrality of Igbos to fight against June 12 actualisation. If not, why reward with an elective/representative public office a man who deprecated their supposed collective will? It is just simple logic. Action speaks louder than words.
Have the Yorubas ever in any way or by any means rewarded any anti-June 12 element among them since the birth of this democracy?

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by uba1991: 10:47pm On Apr 22, 2018
Mejor79:

What your business in our affairs, we have left you people to lead this country for more than 50 years none of you have solution to our national underdevelopment and economic wows. We as igbos have individually struggled to attain what we are but you still hate us. This is Ohanaze ndigbo we are bound to have misunderstanding to attain positive result at the end...

Just face your social cultural organization.

Sometime ago Northern elders had issue and their chairman reasoned the igbos complain?
Afenifere had issues did igbo intervene.
then wat dis Igbo rubbish doing in a forum own by a Yoruba man. if u don't want us to av a say then remove dis trash from our forum

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Crisis: Nwodo Sacked, Replaced With Ozobu by Empiree: 4:40pm On Apr 23, 2018
Amazing! Police Vehicle used for Evangelism!

I am beginning to think that a debate should be arranged between the NSCIA and CAN on Islamization or Christianization of Nigeria!

Despite the S.O.P, Gideon's Bible shared in public schools, Christmas lights gracing public institutions, the several numbers of Christian holidays etc... we are still being accused of islamizing the country.

I was shock-prised when I received the picture of a police vehicle in Osogbo, Osun State. On the vehicle is a sticker that reads, "JESUS IS LORD, IN OSUN STATE AND NIGERIA". The number is NPF 9240C.

In a country where we have adherents of different religions, this is unacceptable! We call on the Federal Government to order the immediate removal of this sticker before لا إله إلا الله appears on the gate of Aso Villa or the traditionalists begin to write Ogun ye! Oooosun o! on government owned properties.

Just before someone says Muslims are intolerant. In cases like this, it is the tolerance of the doer that should be questioned. Our tolerance cannot continue to define their tolerance. If someone cannot recognize the fact that there are people with different religious beliefs, we wonder what tolerance does he expect. Moreso, tolerance should be given to those who can tolerate others.

Imagine لا إله إلا الله on this vehicle, it would be a political point against the president and as usual, CAN would start to wail!

I made a video on this, watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TorahVtlctg

Bashir Lucas Samson Lukman

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Directs Finance Ministry To Sell All Recovered Assets / Photos From Ike Ekweremadu's 57th Birthday Celebration / Disquiet In PDP Over Wike’s ‘preferred Candidate’ Remarks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.