Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,779 members, 7,820,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching (36834 Views)

There Is No Heaven & Hell - Pastor Abosom As He Abandons His Christian Faith / Pastor Adeboye: No Punishment For A Rapist Is Too Severe (video) / "No Tithe, No Heaven" - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by udemzyudex(m): 9:32am On Apr 19, 2018
Sometimes i wonder what most pastors do think about their congregation.
Yeah I know say nah where person dey work he dey chop but some statement will make you think if his followers are fo0ls, I mean is he the only one that understands the bible?

1 Like

Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by kayo80(m): 9:33am On Apr 19, 2018
OkoYibo:

Sowing and reaping is a natural law, not a spiritual law. Even if an atheist or animist gives, he also receives.

Tithers try to bribe God by giving to receive, not freely but expecting something in return. Those who give to charity give freely, not expecting anything in return. That's why those who pay tithes are usually poorer than those who give to charity

The poverty in Nigeria is to the benefit of the churches in Nigeria.This is why you find the highest number of churches in the poorest areas. Instead of dashing pastor your money, give it to certain persons who are in need. They'll value it more and their hearts would pray for u.

To much wisdom in this your comment. Kudos. So true about giving being a natural law. If you give, you shall receive, whether you are a Christian, Muslim, Atheist, Agnostic, or Bhuddist. These pastors know this, but they try to personalize the law to just Christianity so they can continue to recieve tithe from people that don't have enough in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by MorataFC: 9:35am On Apr 19, 2018
Ok
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by Nogodye(m): 9:35am On Apr 19, 2018
OkoYibo:

Sowing and reaping is a natural law, not a spiritual law. Even if an atheist or animist gives, he also receives.

Tithers try to bribe God by giving to receive, not freely but expecting something in return. Those who give to charity give freely, not expecting anything in return. That's why those who pay tithes are usually poorer than those who give to charity

The poverty in Nigeria is to the benefit of the churches in Nigeria.This is why you find the highest number of churches in the poorest areas. Instead of dashing pastor your money, give it to certain persons who are in need. They'll value it more and their hearts would pray for u.
Have you take your time to count numbers of commited billionaire and millionaire believers in this modern day churches? Take your time to do so, then you we knw that its good to be faithful to GOD.
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by boyjo: 9:35am On Apr 19, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
he resigned from being the GO suddenly GO begin make laws say who no pay tithe will not make heaven. way the new GO?

I wrote a comment on this yesterday and decided against posting it.

Adeboye resigned as GO. But when they seemingly realized that no other Pastor from other Churches resigned, they tried to cover up his resignation by saying that he is no longer in charge in Lagos but just worldwide now. The new GO is the recognized GO. Why is that office not being honored? He was anointed in their congregration as the new GO, why is he not allowed to be the GO?

I don`t know him, I only read the news on Nairaland when he was anointed to be the new GO. I don`t know his name. But God should be honored.

PS
I didn`t believe the news when it reported what Adeboye said about tithes. I just watched the video now on this thread in the orignal post, he actually did say it live and direct!! shocked
According to Paul Play, that is an insult to the death, resurrection, body and blood of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ shocked shocked

**But guys, is that really Paul play in the video?I can`t recognize him shocked

PS
I`m on the side of paying tithes.

1 Like

Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by kense88: 9:35am On Apr 19, 2018
Purewatermeji:
angry The reasons criminals like Adeboye and Oyedepo continues to thrive is that the ignorance of the populace benefits the politicians and fraudulent pastors. Every Sunday all churches are filled with empty headed worshipers repeating the same prayer points every day without realizing that their destiny is in their hands. Africans will rather go to church and mosques to pray for manners to fall from heaven yet we remain the poorest and unGodly set of humans ever known . The most selfish continent in the world adding no productive output and value to humanity. We have been praying for decades yet our level of development cannot match countries with less religiosity and natural resources. We import everything and yet get angry when the West tells us to marry same gender. China is the largest economy right now and the factory of the world. The reason why their government is clamping down on religion and encouraging research in science and technology. No western nations dare dictate or enforce their beliefs on china because they liberated themselves economically. Instead of the brain dead leaders in Abuja to sponsor and encourage research in science and technology, they will rather spend billions of naira on pilgrimages to Saudi Arabia and Israel while the gullible masses continue to lavish in poverty and under-development. Jef bezos and Mark Zuckerberg never became successful billionaires through tithes, their government created an enabling environment for them to thrive in ICT and today they can buy all your Nigerian pastors without sweat. Africa is a cursed continent filled with greedy and mentally lazy idiots parading as political and religious leaders
you just said my mind.
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by udemzyudex(m): 9:36am On Apr 19, 2018
Nogodye:
Truth or not, i still pay my tithe and i will continue to pay.Take it or leave it,can't trade away the blessings that follows...#ALivingTestimony

Nobody is telling you not to pay tithe, but what he said was wrong, I mean we have Muslims, Hindus etc, is it only Christians that will make heaven?

Even Adeboye is not sure if he will make heaven. People should learn to think before speaking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by IAmKinging(m): 9:36am On Apr 19, 2018
Those of you who speak against men of God and call them names, especially those who are supposed Christians, you should know that you don't have the right (moral or spiritual) to criticize their pastoral office. Let God Almighty be the judge. Check out what happened in 2Samuel 1:13-17.
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by sshyne(m): 9:38am On Apr 19, 2018
ayitasitis:

*Lets do it this way from the scripture if you believe in the bible from Genesis to Revelation:*

1. We are commanded to obey every of God’s commandments

*Deuteronomy 6:17 KJV*
[17] Ye shall diligently keep the commandments of the Lord your God, and his testimonies, and his statutes, which he hath commanded thee.

2. One of such commandment is concerning tithe..

*Malachi 3:8-10 KJV*
[8] Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. [9] Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. [10] Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it .

3. So, if you break any of God’s commandment, you’re a sinner

*1 John 3:4 KJV*
[4] Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

4. Because every unrighteousness is a sin...

*1 John 5:17 KJV*
[17] All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

5. And no unrighteous one will get to heaven ....

*1 Corinthians 6:9 KJV*
[9] Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

6. Hence , *not giving your tithe makes you a disobedient child that is breaking God’s commandment and therefore a sinner.* A sinner is an unrighteous being that will not be allowed in heaven.

7. *You will probably not share this as you will share the falsehood in circulation because you can’t fault the scripture. *

Repent and be saved today as *Jesus loves you*
I will explain you shouldn't tithe
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by Nogodye(m): 9:40am On Apr 19, 2018
CHAVINCI:
how much is ur tithe dat u are shouting sef
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by ashjay001(m): 9:42am On Apr 19, 2018
Nogodye:
God knows the heart of men.

Only God, yet, we worship men

1 Like

Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by tobsvent: 9:43am On Apr 19, 2018
Purewatermeji:
angry The reasons criminals like Adeboye and Oyedepo continues to thrive is that the ignorance of the populace benefits the politicians and fraudulent pastors. Every Sunday all churches are filled with empty headed worshipers repeating the same prayer points every day without realizing that their destiny is in their hands. Africans will rather go to church and mosques to pray for manners to fall from heaven yet we remain the poorest and unGodly set of humans ever known . The most selfish continent in the world adding no productive output and value to humanity. We have been praying for decades yet our level of development cannot match countries with less religiosity and natural resources. We import everything and yet get angry when the West tells us to marry same gender. China is the largest economy right now and the factory of the world. The reason why their government is clamping down on religion and encouraging research in science and technology. No western nations dare dictate or enforce their beliefs on china because they liberated themselves economically. Instead of the brain dead leaders in Abuja to sponsor and encourage research in science and technology, they will rather spend billions of naira on pilgrimages to Saudi Arabia and Israel while the gullible masses continue to lavish in poverty and under-development. Jef bezos and Mark Zuckerberg never became successful billionaires through tithes, their government created an enabling environment for them to thrive in ICT and today they can buy all your Nigerian pastors without sweat. Africa is a cursed continent filled with greedy and mentally lazy idiots parading as political and religious leaders
Deep thought for the sound mind.
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 19, 2018
maxiuc:
grin

Paying is not by force

If you choose to rob God na one concern you

What am interested is are you born again are you heavenly bond do you avoid grievous sins God will bless who he will bless no matter wether you pay tithe or not
You can lazy in your business doing dirty job been rude to customers having no integrity honesty and sincere mind towards your business and job if you exhibit this characters towards your customers if you like pay 50% as tithe my dear you are on your own your business will still fall

Tithe is not a must for God's blessings

It is something to thank God for his provision

Let's assume you are not working do you still pay tithe

So if someone refused to work for all of his Life though a geniue child of God because he doesn't have job to pay tithe so he will still end up in hell Abi

God let your Will be done fast and faster let's know who your choosen are

Tithe over salvation that's my next book to write

Now let me ask you. When we were young we used to sing "He paid the debt, He did not owe, I owed the debt, I could not pay". When you come and say you PAY tithe to God, what exactly are you paying for? You're paying for blessing? The Bible says we've been blessed with ALL spiritual blessings in Christ. Which blessing are you paying for again? And who are you to pay God. So after Jesus came and bought us with His blood, we died and rose in Him. Now we have to pay Him to be blessed? What an insult on the Finished work! You give to God, you don't pay Him! Secondly, when you give, you recieve, it's not the name of the giving that blesses you, it's the act. Giving is a natural law. If a moslem gives he'd recieve, even prostitutes give and recieve, it doesn't mean they're getting blessed, their works is just being repayed. Tithe is not working for you, giving is.

2 Likes

Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by Nogodye(m): 9:44am On Apr 19, 2018
CHAVINCI:
how much is ur tithe dat u are shouting sef
lol...do you want it?
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by ashjay001(m): 9:46am On Apr 19, 2018
Purewatermeji:

U forgot to label them, charismatic egoists!
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by CHAVINCI: 9:48am On Apr 19, 2018
Nogodye:
lol...do you want it?
tithe against poverty
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 19, 2018
[quote author=Purewatermeji post=66836164] angry The reasons criminals like Adeboye and Oyedepo continues to thrive is that the ignorance of the populace benefits the politicians and fraudulent pastors. Every Sunday all churches are filled with empty headed worshipers repeating the same prayer points every day without realizing that their destiny is in their hands. Africans will rather go to church and mosques to pray for manners to fall from heaven yet we remain the poorest and unGodly set of humans ever known . The most selfish continent in the world adding no productive output and value to humanity. We have been praying for decades yet our level of development cannot match countries with less religiosity and natural resources. We import everything and yet get angry when the West tells us to marry same gender. China is the largest economy right now and the factory of the world. The reason why their government is clamping down on religion and encouraging research in science and technology. No western nations dare dictate or enforce their beliefs on china because they liberated themselves economically. Instead of the brain dead leaders in Abuja to sponsor and encourage research in science and technology, they will rather spend billions of naira on pilgrimages to Saudi Arabia and Israel while the gullible masses continue to lavish in poverty and under-development. Jef bezos and Mark Zuckerberg never became successful billionaires through tithes, their government created an enabling environment for them to thrive in ICT and today they can buy all your Nigerian pastors without sweat. Africa is a cursed continent filled with greedy and mentally lazy idiots parading as political and religious leaders[/quote

Good points. God bless you
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by Nogodye(m): 9:54am On Apr 19, 2018
CHAVINCI:
tithe against poverty
Tithe for your belief
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by OkCornel(m): 9:58am On Apr 19, 2018
Nogodye:
Tithe for your belief

According to the Mosaic Laws...did God instruct tithes to be paid monetarily?
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by lexy2014: 9:59am On Apr 19, 2018
tuna4servi:
If u are not paying ur tithes that means u are robbing God ,which is a sin b4 God
boss pls what is d purpose of tithe?
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by Nigeriadondie: 9:59am On Apr 19, 2018
Nogodye:
Thanks...why you dey use panadol for my headache?
Rise up from ur ignorance. Christians are nit compelled to pay tithes. We are no longer under d law of Moses.
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by JakeII(m): 10:02am On Apr 19, 2018
Purewatermeji:

Well Spoken but I beg to differ on the statement in bold fonts above.......Africa is not cursed! The bible says, my people perish for lack of knowledge, not because of curse or witches or wizards but lack of knowledge which could also be inferred from your write up. Unfortunately, anyone who tries to challenge the status quo by seeking knowledge, trying to do things differently is seen as crazy in this part of the world hence, we remain where we are.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by Jewelnutch: 10:11am On Apr 19, 2018
Baddiezz:
No one is forcing you to pay tithe.
Check my signature.

Only android devices are supported whyy?
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by bj7004699: 10:13am On Apr 19, 2018
Nogodye:
Truth or not, i still pay my tithe and i will continue to pay.Take it or leave it,can't trade away the blessings that follows...#ALivingTestimony
Maga continue
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by Emmacolinho(m): 10:15am On Apr 19, 2018
Many will go to Hell because of wrong doctrines and misunderstanding of the scriptures cry cry cry
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by Kotodoctor: 10:16am On Apr 19, 2018
Nogodye:

When I was a child I understood as a child paul said. But when I became a man I put aside childish things. Many of you will get likes for you claims. Many of you will even beat your chest that am a tither. No problem. But if you still think that tithing is to increase blessing for you, then you are like unto paul former self. (Child paul).

The tithe we pay and the corresponding meaning must be understood outside of ourselves. This can only happen when we give in love. Not greed or selfish reasons as to claim them back in many fold.

This was what paul meant when he said that weather I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, or I offer my body as burnt offering but I have not loved I am still nothing"

The tithing is not an end in itself. It's rather a mean to an end. In the end tithing or offering are meant to teach our heart to give. Once our heart has mastered giving, we can replecate it anywhere, anyhow..even outside of the church.

The sin of the church is to concentrating the people's heart in the church. In their own church. This is why many times you hear them only offering prayers to only members of their commission. It a sin. This things this preachers do. It's a sin before God. I tell you the truth as my conscience bear me withness.

1 Like

Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by akoaki(m): 10:17am On Apr 19, 2018
Purewatermeji:

Your head is correct.
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by JakeII(m): 10:18am On Apr 19, 2018
[quote author=Dreadedmaze post=66841336]

. So after Jesus came and bought us with His blood, we died and rose in Him. Now we have to pay Him to be blessed?

You know what, this is the part that makes me weep and breaks my heart always. I don't know how Christians reason these days.

God doesn't want any man to perish but all have sinned and the wages of sin is death hence, Jesus had to die for the sin of the whole world because he is the only lamb worthy to take away the sin of the whole world. (If the blood of bulls and rams could atone for the sin of men for a whole year, as the Jews used to do as sacrifice for their sins, how much more the blood of Jesus!)
The bible says that Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law......how? through His death on the cross. The work of our salvation was completed by His sacrifice.

Now, we are being told that we have to pay tithe to add to the work of salvation completed by Jesus shocked I say it without any regret that is PRIDE

1 Like

Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by Originality007: 10:20am On Apr 19, 2018
Purewatermeji:

OK...but u that didn't go to Church or mosque how is ur life is more better than the plpp that does? and what have u done for the growth and betterment of this country that plpp that attend church have not done.. Paying tithe or going to church is by choice nobody force u
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by eseveli(m): 10:21am On Apr 19, 2018
ohhh now I need fela kuti
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by GoodMuyis(m): 10:24am On Apr 19, 2018
Purewatermeji:

You that have being using your brain, What have you produce? What have you done to help humanity?
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by akoaki(m): 10:26am On Apr 19, 2018
OP, your head is correct but you forgot to mention the third group of people destroying Nigeria, the traditional rulers/ leaders.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mermaid (mammy Water) Found After Tsunami (pictures) / People Kneel For Apostle Suleman In Kwara As He Commissions Bliss TV / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Donates ₦‎100M To Jaga Testimony For Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.