Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,652 members, 7,820,262 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching (36832 Views)

There Is No Heaven & Hell - Pastor Abosom As He Abandons His Christian Faith / Pastor Adeboye: No Punishment For A Rapist Is Too Severe (video) / "No Tithe, No Heaven" - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by djon78(m): 5:13pm On Apr 19, 2018
Dreadedmaze:

Now let me ask you. When we were young we used to sing "He paid the debt, He did not owe, I owed the debt, I could not pay". When you come and say you PAY tithe to God, what exactly are you paying for? You're paying for blessing? The Bible says we've been blessed with ALL spiritual blessings in Christ. Which blessing are you paying for again? And who are you to pay God. So after Jesus came and bought us with His blood, we died and rose in Him. Now we have to pay Him to be blessed? What an insult on the Finished work! You give to God, you don't pay Him! Secondly, when you give, you recieve, it's not the name of the giving that blesses you, it's the act. Giving is a natural law. If a moslem gives he'd recieve, even prostitutes give and recieve, it doesn't mean they're getting blessed, their works is just being repayed. Tithe is not working for you, giving is.

I think you are mixing things up. Tithing for me is reverence to God. It's a sign of respect that God owes my money. Infact God owes everything about us.

God owes our money, even our body, Apostle Paul said that know you not that your body is the temple of the God. God owns our wife, children, our intelligence everything we are, or ever be belongs to God.

Then for salvation, we couldn't save ourselves, it was still God that came down, took the form of man to save us man.

So we are Gods own, dangote is the richest black man on earth. The day aliko will die. He will not take a dime to the other life. Money is for this earth.

Why I believe God gave us tithing is to know the condition of our heart. Whether we love money more than Him. Tithe is sacred. It belongs to God.

I don't really agree with Adeboye, on what he said. But tithing is of God. It is respect and reverence to God.

Most of the time, I laugh at the way Nigerians interpret bible. They always quote English Bible not knowing that it was translated.

To get a deep meaning of the Bible and understand it you need to know that the old testament was originally written in Hebrews language while the new testament was written in Greek language. To understand bible get a Hebrew concordance and a Greek concordance when studying the Bible. This will show you the real meaning of each word in its original form. When you do these studies, a holy fear and reverence of God will envelope you.

In my studies, I have discovered that the reason why the world is so messed up is because we have left the tenets and lifestyle of the Bible, and embraced heathen cultures. And let me tell the world that they will never have peace but trouble. Because present humanity is run on heathen cultures.

Even our forefathers that worshiped traditional religion had respect and reverence for God in their ignorance. But this generation think that they are mate with God. I am really sorry for this generation. They can talk anyhow with no respect.

This generation are worse than Sodom and Gomorrah. I am sorry for this generation.

What will a man give in exchange for his soul? There is no fear of God again. May God's mercy continue to shower. But if you die in your sin, it will be terrible for you.

I am indeed sorry for this generation. A perverse generation, heathen generation. Lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God. Unholy, unthankful, disobedient to parents, having a form of godliness but denying the power. They can quote scriptures but no power. Sin is totally reigning and master of them. May God have mercy on this generation.

1 Like

Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by xtervaganza(m): 5:31pm On Apr 19, 2018
Nogodye:
Truth or not, i still pay my tithe and i will continue to pay.Take it or leave it,can't trade away the blessings that follows...#ALivingTestimony
akindidinrin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 19, 2018
[s]
djon78:

I think you are mixing things up. Tithing for me is reverence to God. It's a sign of respect that God owes my money. Infact God owes everything about us.

God owes our money, even our body, Apostle Paul said that know you not that your body is the temple of the God. God owns our wife, children, our intelligence everything we are, or ever be belongs to God.

Then for salvation, we couldn't save ourselves, it was still God that came down, took the form of man to save us man.

So we are Gods own, dangote is the richest black man on earth. The day aliko will die. He will not take a dime to the other life. Money is for this earth.

Why I believe God gave us tithing is to know the condition of our heart. Whether we love money more than Him. Tithe is sacred. It belongs to God.

I don't really agree with Adeboye, on what he said. But tithing is of God. It is respect and reverence to God.

Most of the time, I laugh at the way Nigerians interpret bible. They always quote English Bible not knowing that it was translated.

To get a deep meaning of the Bible and understand it you need to know that the old testament was originally written in Hebrews language while the new testament was written in Greek language. To understand bible get a Hebrew concordance and a Greek concordance when studying the Bible. This will show you the real meaning of each word in its original form. When you do these studies, a holy fear and reverence of God will envelope you.

In my studies, I have discovered that the reason why the world is so messed up is because we have left the tenets and lifestyle of the Bible, and embraced heathen cultures. And let me tell the world that they will never have peace but trouble. Because present humanity is run on heathen cultures.

Even our forefathers that worshiped traditional religion had respect and reverence for God in their ignorance. But this generation think that they are mate with God. I am really sorry for this generation. They can talk anyhow with no respect.

This generation are worse than Sodom and Gomorrah. I am sorry for this generation.

What will a man give in exchange for his soul? There is no fear of God again. May God's mercy continue to shower. But if you die in your sin, it will be terrible for you.

I am indeed sorry for this generation. A perverse generation, heathen generation. Lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God. Unholy, unthankful, disobedient to parents, having a form of godliness but denying the power. They can quote scriptures but no power. Sin is totally reigning and master of them. May God have mercy on this generation.
[/s]

My friend, I have a bible that translates every single English word to the original Hebrew context. So let's not even go there. An English lie does not become truth when converted to Hebrew or Greek. A lie is a lie, convert it to any language. Secondly, saying we pay tithe to prove we love God is a lie from hell. Y? Read 1 Corinthians 13, you'll find that one can GIVE their body to be burned, GIVE all their possessions and not LOVE! Scriptures itself says so. I've seen Yahoo boys paying tithe. Can someone who robs from another love God? After doing evil to his neighbour? Even prostitutes, thieving politicians, armed robbers pay tithe. So what are they trying to prove? That they love God. People can pay tithe and go to hell, tithe doesn't give you any guarantee of heaven.

You say people of this world, (I know you're referring to non tithes) are lovers of this world. Oga go to our Big Pastors' houses and garages. After counting their cars and lands and jets, come back and tell me who a lover of the world is. Come back and tell me who mammon has gotten a hold off.

The kind of money they're heaping on this earth, I wonder if Jesus will not come again sometimes. How can a church spend 5 billion Naira to build a church on earth, when God's word says this world and everything in it will be destroyed with fire? After they'll say this world is not their own, they're just passing by, but they're heaping treasures on earth. You spend so much on a big church edifice that'll will still be destroyed anyway, when there are people dying of hunger in your church and on the streets. When Jesus comes is it the church properties and bank account he'll use to judge?.

Now its almost about one denomination outdoing the other. They buy land, you buy bigger one. They buy bus, you buy coaster. They build big auditorium, you build a larger and more expensive one. After they'll say God does not dwell in houses made with hands, yet they'll still call it House of God. Who are we deceiving.? If you hear what some Pastors say about other denominations during their workers meetings, you'd think we had more than one Jesus Christ and more than one Body of Christ.

Read your bible, at some point Paul was collecting offerings from the different churches then. It wasn't to buy himself a jet or ship because he was always travelling and needed to do the work faster. Or to build a big cathedral. It was to meet the needs of the people in the poorer churches and regions. Some people will be asking is the church here to meet members needs. That's the government's job, go and quarel with Paul.

Since you know bible very well. Open it and drop scriptures where the Bible says tithe must be paid monthly. Drop a scripture where people tithed Money and money alone. Drop a scripture where tithing before the law was a guarantee for blessing. And let me shock you, after the people in the old testament paid tithes HOW DID THEY END? Do your research and inform us. Yes tithing isn't wrong. But Abraham didn't pay it to be blessed, he didn't pay it so he could make heaven. Even after he paid tithe, Hebrews 11:39-40 still referred to him as imperfect.

I tell you there's a lot we've lost in the church, and like it or not Its time we recover it all, and go back to God's plan for the church. Truth must prevail.

3 Likes

Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by BluntBoy(m): 6:06pm On Apr 19, 2018
Baddiezz:
No one is forcing you to pay tithe.
Check my signature.

Bro, when these thieves use hell to threaten people into paying tithe, then it is a covert way of forcing people to pay tithe.

I don't pay tithe but it is my responsibility to free the weak ones among us who are easily deceived.

1 Like

Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by Essential(m): 6:39pm On Apr 19, 2018
[img][/img]
johnnyvid:
Veteran Nigerian singer, Paul Play Dairo , is the latest celebrity to react to the comment made by the general overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God RCCG , Pastor E.A Adeboye , saying people who do not pay tithe will not make heaven.
Taking to his Facebook page, the ' Angel of My Life ' singer wrote: 'Not paying TITHE has moved from being BROKE to not making HEAVEN sorry e Dey inside bible Or Lost books? Where dem write am?.'

https://www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2018/04/veteran-singer-paul-play-dairo-reacts.html?m=0

Incase you missed the video, where Pastor Adeboye made the comment, watch here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_gaLnyOsFg

Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by steveDpro: 10:32pm On Apr 19, 2018
Ok
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by djon78(m): 1:57am On Apr 20, 2018
Dreadedmaze:
[s][/s]

My friend, I have a bible that translates every single English word to the original Hebrew context. So let's not even go there. An English lie does not become truth when converted to Hebrew or Greek. A lie is a lie, convert it to any language. Secondly, saying we pay tithe to prove we love God is a lie from hell. Y? Read 1 Corinthians 13, you'll find that one can GIVE their body to be burned, GIVE all their possessions and not LOVE! Scriptures itself says so. I've seen Yahoo boys paying tithe. Can someone who robs from another love God? After doing evil to his neighbour? Even prostitutes, thieving politicians, armed robbers pay tithe. So what are they trying to prove? That they love God. People can pay tithe and go to hell, tithe doesn't give you any guarantee of heaven.

You say people of this world, (I know you're referring to non tithes) are lovers of this world. Oga go to our Big Pastors' houses and garages. After counting their cars and lands and jets, come back and tell me who a lover of the world is. Come back and tell me who mammon has gotten a hold off.

The kind of money they're heaping on this earth, I wonder if Jesus will not come again sometimes. How can a church spend 5 billion Naira to build a church on earth, when God's word says this world and everything in it will be destroyed with fire? After they'll say this world is not their own, they're just passing by, but they're heaping treasures on earth. You spend so much on a big church edifice that'll will still be destroyed anyway, when there are people dying of hunger in your church and on the streets. When Jesus comes is it the church properties and bank account he'll use to judge?.

Now its almost about one denomination outdoing the other. They buy land, you buy bigger one. They buy bus, you buy coaster. They build big auditorium, you build a larger and more expensive one. After they'll say God does not dwell in houses made with hands, yet they'll still call it House of God. Who are we deceiving.? If you hear what some Pastors say about other denominations during their workers meetings, you'd think we had more than one Jesus Christ and more than one Body of Christ.

Read your bible, at some point Paul was collecting offerings from the different churches then. It wasn't to buy himself a jet or ship because he was always travelling and needed to do the work faster. Or to build a big cathedral. It was to meet the needs of the people in the poorer churches and regions. Some people will be asking is the church here to meet members needs. That's the government's job, go and quarel with Paul.

Since you know bible very well. Open it and drop scriptures where the Bible says tithe must be paid monthly. Drop a scripture where people tithed Money and money alone. Drop a scripture where tithing before the law was a guarantee for blessing. And let me shock you, after the people in the old testament paid tithes HOW DID THEY END? Do your research and inform us. Yes tithing isn't wrong. But Abraham didn't pay it to be blessed, he didn't pay it so he could make heaven. Even after he paid tithe, Hebrews 11:39-40 still referred to him as imperfect.

I tell you there's a lot we've lost in the church, and like it or not Its time we recover it all, and go back to God's plan for the church. Truth must prevail.

That yahoo yahoo, prostitutes are paying tithe does not make it wrong God's foundation still bears the seal let anyone that names the name of Christ depart from iniquity. They won't bribe God, although by God's mercy, some of them embrace truth, repent and starts following Jesus.
Jesus said something, while addressing the Samaritan woman; Salvation is of the Jews then even in new testament the book of Hebrews was added by God to still point the origin of God for humanity was still the jews.

From Hebrews chapter 4 we have the introduction of Jesus Christ as a high priest. Then chapter 5 6 7 it talked about the superiority of Melchizedek prIesthood to Aaron priesthood. And this Melchizedek priesthood collected tithe from the patriarch Abraham of which Levi was in the loins of Abraham paying tithe to Melchizedek.

Now the book of Hebrews was letting us know that the Law represented by Levi while still in the loins of his grandfather was paying tithe to Melchizedek a type of Christ. Tithing came before the law, even Jacob when he was running away from Esau vowed to God that if God prospered him he will pay tithe. This was before the law.

Now the patriarch Abraham was not under the law, he operated in faith, he simply believed God and God counted it to him as righteousness. In Roman's 4 we Christians was admonished to copy the faith of Abraham because he was without a heir but still believed God who quickens the dead and calls those things that be not as though they were. A hundred years old man whose body was dead and his wife Sarah who was 90 years and had a dead womb, was not weak in faith. He staggered not at God's promises through unbelief, he was strong in faith, giving glory to God

The new testament always pointed us to emulate the Patriarch Abraham in all things. Likewise in Galatians 2 and 3. It simply showed that he lived before the law, he operated by faith, God counted it to him as righteousness and he paid tithe before the law to Melchizedek and this was highlighted again in a new testament book Hebrews to show it's importance.

Also in new testament it highlighted how much important the church was. She is the bride of Christ especially emphasized in Ephesians 5 where Apostle Paul was talking about marriage and equated our Christian marriage between man and his wife as a type of the marriage between Christ and the church, where husbands are admonished to love their wives as Christ loved the church and gave himself for it. The chapter went further to say that the marriage between Christ and the church is a mystery.

Now the church is superior to anything because the Lord gave himself for his bride the church. Who is the church, the bride of Christ? It is the Body of believers, the church is administered by the five fold ministry of Apostles, Prophets, Pastors, Teachers and Evangelists. they run the administration and direction of the church here on earth. Believers around the world has been paying tithes to their local churches from time I memorial. Most of the past innovator were tithe payers.

That chartalans and false prophets came in to abuse it still doesn't make God's principles evil. I believe in accountability, I believe in simplicity, I believe in living by faith, I believe in holiness and anybody carrying God's word must show all these attributes, that false prophets have taken Advantage of God's work does not make it null and void.

God is raising a new generation that will shake the foundations of this nation and world. A generation separated completely from the world and serving the Lord in truth and spirit.

Also concerning private jet, I was a bit vocal before but the Lord let me understand something. Firstly I have done quite some international travels around the world. There was one I flew from Far East Asia to Nigeria, I flew by Emirates airline, while going I stayed transit in Dubai for over 8 hours, coming back it was lesser hour, infact the kind jet lag and torture my body went through was something else. Those global business men flying private jet hit there destinations faster without wasting there time. Flying private jet can be a necessity and not luxury.

Another example when George Weah was to be sworn in as president in Monrovia, I know someone close to me who was invited, to get a flight and back to Nigeria was hell. Although he went, he told me the Nigerian governors, and other officials that came landed that swearing in morning and immediately left after the event with their jets, but he came back many days because of low availability of domestic flight.

Thirdly I was flipping through the TV channels one day and I came across Kanye West and his wife Kim Kardashian, they were flying two private jets each, you know what the Lord told me, these are worldly musician and showbiz person leading many people to hell by what they propagate, but they fly private jet anyhow but when someone carrying the gospel of Christ that will save the souls of men from damnation and people will start talking. The Lord is not against private jet as long as it is used for the gospel preaching and not luxury. And mind you the gospel is more important than any other thing because the souls of men is the most important thing. We need it for missionaries and those evangelizing around the world for faster movement.

I believe that preachers must live a simple life, not acquiring earthly possessions and accumulation. There are many false prophets around, but there are still genuine and true prophets. The church must do the work she has been called to do as salt and light. Speaking the truth and no hypocrisy, helping those in need and not accumulation of money.

We must balance God's word because that false prophets have invaded the church does not mean that God is still not doing His thing. Jesus said let the weath and tares grow together, He never uprooted the tares, during the harvest time the weath was harvested while the tares were burned up. The question that each person should ask himself or herself am I a weath or a tare. Each one should examine his life and make sure he is on the narrow way because many people will be shocked in eternity. May God have mercy on us. Amen l
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by Nogodye(m): 2:34am On Apr 20, 2018
pardy:
Who told you all this? so when you where a kid and had nothing doing that could generate income who used to pay your tithe ? Stop stop enriching pastors, you won't die if you don't pay tithe.
I have nothing to loose if i continue paying it sir.
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by uvalued(m): 3:35am On Apr 20, 2018
Thank so tithe equivalent to finished works of Christ to qualify for heaven. Adeboye stop making merchandise of the gospel,
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by Haddock(m): 5:40am On Apr 20, 2018
djon78:

I don't really agree with Adeboye, on what he said.
But tithing is of God. It is respect and reverence to God.

My brother, you said so much but only the bolded is relevant to the topic.

I quoted where you made reference to God testing our love for him but you lost it when you limited Love for God to tithing alone. No amount of tithing, no amount of reading the Hebrew or Greek translations of the Bible and no amount of charade respect for God can demonstrate our love for God better than Love and Active Care for the weak and vulnerable, sinners and the lost.

Seeking to know God starts and ends in Love for the wellbeing of others, not tithing and all other motions-without-movements we have been conditioned to fret about.
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by djon78(m): 6:51am On Apr 20, 2018
Haddock:

My brother, you said so much but only the bolded is relevant to the topic.

I quoted where you made reference to God testing our love for him but you lost it when you limited Love for God to tithing alone. No amount of tithing, no amount of reading the Hebrew or Greek translations of the Bible and no amount of charade respect for God can demonstrate our love for God better than Love and Active Care for the weak and vulnerable, sinners and the lost.

Seeking to know God starts and ends in Love for the wellbeing of others, not tithing and all other motions-without-movements we have been conditioned to fret about.

Bro I never limited Our love for God to tithing. No not at all. I was just highlighting that God wants to know whether we love money more than him. In our walk with God, His main target is our heart our motive. Our worship of God must come from a pure heart, the fruit of the spirit which is what a genuine child of God must bear love is the first fruit. Love joy peace patience, faith goodness, faithfulness, meekness and self control and against these there is no law.

John the beloved the disciple whom the Lord love wrote in

1 John 3 King James Version (KJV)

Vs 17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

This is God's love example shown here. Believers are not meant to hoard help for a brother in need. In genuine need also and not someone who is lazy, because he who does not work cannot eat, that is also in the Bible. This scripture in 1john I quoted is for every believer to do. And we must judge ourselves by this scripture. I judge myself by it. I am not coming here to talk what I am doing but presently the Lord began to lay in my heart to begin to develop some ideas for the future generation of our children being presently born and their own children that will come after them. Nobody knows when Jesus will come but from what I am seeing this our present world may exist to our children Children's time. If you have personal relationship with the Lord, there is a place you reach, He will begin to tell you what is in his heart. His concern and pain. And know this that God cannot come down from heaven. He needs human being on earth that will enforce His will. Just like the enemy needs people to enforce his agenda, and many are on his wide way while few are on the narrow way. Jesus even said it.

So helping a brother in need, love as a virtue stands and the major way God tests our heart is money. Humans work, toil and can do all manner of thing's to get money. Why did Jesus sit at where they were dropping money in the temple and noticed a widow that gave her last mite. It shows that God is completely interested in how we give our money, the motive behind it.
Giving is not only tithe and church offerings. A brother in need who comes to you, the motherless, orphans, less privileged are all the needy.

Let me tell you you may give out 20 30 40 50 60 even to 90 percent of your income/earnings to different courses and needs. It is all depending on your faith. There was a man that was said to give God 90 percent of his earnings but that man was stupendously rich, with the 10 percent he keeps.

God told Abraham to sacrifice Isaac back to him after He had waited so long for the boy to be born. But Abraham who was completely sold out to God did not waste time at all, he moved immediately and had already laid the boy on the altar. God told Abraham to stop. God just wanted to know whether Abraham loved Issac more than Him. And that is how God does with each of His children, He tests our motive and love for Him, whether we love Him more than anything. That is
The way our God works.

And like I said my tithe is sacred, my ten percent belongs to God, I will never ever place material things above God. My monthly giving is not ten percent it is way above that. I will still take care of the needy, less privileges and my relations around me and because my God knows that my heart is not tied to this earthly things but I am still on the earth and money is needed here to solve so many problems bedevilling humanity will give me the adequate ones to cater to these problems and also by His Grace Whenever I am going home to glory, I will leave good inheritance and legacy of godliness for my childrens children, which is also Gods will for us. And God willing He will do it for me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by OkCornel(m): 8:51am On Apr 20, 2018
djon78:

Let's set the records straight...

1) God gave the Jews (not the gentiles) tithing as A LAW to be obeyed...
unless you have evidence that gentiles also gave tithes too.

2) God never instructed tithes to be paid monetarily as gold, silver or 10% of monthly salary and earnings... God's instructions on what exactly should be tithed were grains, wine and cattle as stated in Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29...
will you rather obey what man preaches and disobey God?

3) If tithing is from God (which I totally agree with you) what of these other instructions?

Deutoronomy 22 v 11-12;
11"You shall not wear a material mixed of wool and linen together.
12"You shall make yourself tassels on the four corners of your garment with which you cover yourself.…

Leviticus 19:19
'You are to keep My statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together.

IF YOU LOVE GOD SO MUCH, ARE YOU ALSO ADHERING TO THESE LAWS such as making tassels on the four corners of your garments? If no, what could be your reason?
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by djon78(m): 9:42am On Apr 20, 2018
OkCornel:

Let's set the records straight...

1) God gave the Jews (not the gentiles) tithing as A LAW to be obeyed...
unless you have evidence that gentiles also gave tithes too.

2) God never instructed tithes to be paid monetarily as gold, silver or 10% of monthly salary and earnings... God's instructions on what exactly should be tithed were grains, wine and cattle as stated in Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29...
will you rather obey what man preaches and disobey God?

3) If tithing is from God (which I totally agree with you) what of these other instructions?

Deutoronomy 22 v 11-12;
11"You shall not wear a material mixed of wool and linen together.
12"You shall make yourself tassels on the four corners of your garment with which you cover yourself.…

Leviticus 19:19
'You are to keep My statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together.

IF YOU LOVE GOD SO MUCH, ARE YOU ALSO ADHERING TO THESE LAWS such as making tassels on the four corners of your garments? If no, what could be your reason?

Go and read my reply before.

Jesus told the Samaritan woman salvation is of the Jews . The Deuteronomy and Leviticus you are quoting are under the law. They were under Levi and his sons. Tithing predates the law you were quoting. The patriarch Abraham paid tithe to Melchizedek thereby priest of God Most High and they took communion together. Levi was in the loins of Abraham paying tithe to Melchizedek as stated by the book of Hebrews. The inferior will submit to the superior. The priesthood of Aaron which was inferior submitted and paid tithe to Melchizedek the priesthood order of Christ. Which David prophesied in Old Testament about Jesus quoting; thou art a priesthood for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

The law paid tithe to Melchizedek hundreds of years before the law of Moses came into existence. Because Levi was yet in the loins of Abraham paying tithe. Tithing is superior to the law, because it came before the law.

This is what the book of Hebrews was showing; the priesthood of Jesus is superior to priesthood of Aaron. The priesthood of Jesus was forever. Melchizedek like Jesus had no beginning. But that of Aaron had a beginning and ending. And all these things are in the book of Hebrews, a book in the new testament.

Man can never ever be wiser than God, never. God has put all these things in his word. But gullible people will listen to people who think they can access God's word by human intellect. No way, you can never.

To understand God's word is by the Holy Spirit. The person from were that have been fighting tithing has nothing to do with God. To understand the scripture it is not by human intellect. Never. You must be genuinely born again. And don't tell me not to judge because Jesus told us by their fruits you will know them.

In my previous post I talked about this generation, they can quote scriptures, they may have a form of godliness but they will deny the power. Sin will be wreaking havoc in their life.

Following God comes with humility. Anybody talking anyhow, with no respect for authorities and elders, has nothing to do with God. Because God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble. Humility, meekness, respect is one of the attributes of godliness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by OkCornel(m): 9:57am On Apr 20, 2018
djon78:

Go and read my reply before.

Jesus told the Samaritan woman salvation is of the Jews . The Deuteronomy and Leviticus you are quoting are under the law. They were under Levi and his sons. Tithing predates the law you were quoting. The patriarch Abraham paid tithe to Melchizedek thereby priest of God Most High and they took communion together. Levi was in the loins of Abraham paying tithe to Melchizedek as stated by the book of Hebrews. The inferior will submit to the superior. The priesthood of Aaron which was inferior submitted and paid tithe to Melchizedek the priesthood order of Christ. Which David prophesied in Old Testament about Jesus quoting; thou art a priesthood for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

The law paid tithe to Melchizedek hundreds of years before the law of Moses came into existence. Because Levi was yet in the loins of Abraham paying tithe. Tithing is superior to the law, because it came before the law.

This is what the book of Hebrews was showing; the priesthood of Jesus is superior to priesthood of Aaron. The priesthood of Jesus was forever. Melchizedek like Jesus had no beginning. But that of Aaron had a beginning and ending. And all these things are in the book of Hebrews, a book in the new testament.

Man can never ever be wiser than God, never. God has put all these things in his word. But gullible people will listen to people who think they can access God's word by human intellect. No way, you can never.

To understand God's word is by the Holy Spirit. The person from were that have been fighting tithing has nothing to do with God. To understand the scripture it is not by human intellect. Never. You must be genuinely born again. And don't tell me not to judge because Jesus told us by their fruits you will know them.

In my previous post I talked about this generation, they can quote scriptures, they may have a form of godliness but they will deny the power. Sin will be wreaking havoc in their life.

Following God comes with humility. Anybody talking anyhow, with no respect for authorities and elders, has nothing to do with God. Because God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble. Humility, meekness, respect is one of the attributes of godliness.

If you are making reference to tithing before the Law... then that means its not mandatory or has anything to do with one getting into heaven or not. Abraham tithed out of his discretion and not an instruction.

1) You have also not mentioned where God instructed tithes to be paid monetarily

2) You have not also mentioned where in the scriptures the gentiles tithed...

3) I also have not seen where Jesus the Son of God asked for tithes from His followers... if Jesus did not do that, where do these Pastors that claim to follow Jesus get the authority to collect monetary tithes?

I would appreciate your answers to these questions...because I am baffled on how a tithing instruction for the Jew is now necessary for the gentiles to also follow...

If you read about the council meeting of the early apostles in Jerusalem in Acts 15 with regards to the Mosaic Law and Christianity...then you'll see clearly that tithing is dead on arrival for followers of Christ...
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by babayinka77(m): 3:24pm On Apr 20, 2018
tuna4servi:
If u are not paying ur tithes that means u are robbing God ,which is a sin b4 God
where is that in the bible?
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by djon78(m): 6:01pm On Apr 20, 2018
OkCornel:

If you are making reference to tithing before the Law... then that means its not mandatory or has anything to do with one getting into heaven or not. Abraham tithed out of his discretion and not an instruction.

1) You have also not mentioned where God instructed tithes to be paid monetarily

2) You have not also mentioned where in the scriptures the gentiles tithed...

3) I also have not seen where Jesus the Son of God asked for tithes from His followers... if Jesus did not do that, where do these Pastors that claim to follow Jesus get the authority to collect monetary tithes?

I would appreciate your answers to these questions...because I am baffled on how a tithing instruction for the Jew is now necessary for the gentiles to also follow...

If you read about the council meeting of the early apostles in Jerusalem in Acts 15 with regards to the Mosaic Law and Christianity...then you'll see clearly that tithing is dead on arrival for followers of Christ...

Let me just give you some advice. We gentiles are not humble. According to apostle Paul, gentiles are grafted stock.

If you really want to appreciate Christianity more meet a Jewish Rabi who believes in the Messiah. The Bible will be open to you like never before. Do some studies on it. This is a question of knowledge. There is no way I can make you understand these things.

They are gotten by revelation not just mental assent of the scriptures. That's all I can say. This issue is becoming argumentative.

The Bible is God's word and just reading the Bible as mere academic mental assent you will miss a lot.
Jesus said that those that worship God must worship Him in spirit and truth. True worship of God you have to come to God baring your heart. The human heart is the most deceptive thing. Jesus did not commit himself to man because he knew what was in man.

It is a heart thing. I can't say any other thing for now. I have just stated what I believe.
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by OkCornel(m): 11:02pm On Apr 20, 2018
djon78:

Let me just give you some advice. We gentiles are not humble. According to apostle Paul, gentiles are grafted stock.

If you really want to appreciate Christianity more meet a Jewish Rabi who believes in the Messiah. The Bible will be open to you like never before. Do some studies on it. This is a question of knowledge. There is no way I can make you understand these things.

They are gotten by revelation not just mental assent of the scriptures. That's all I can say. This issue is becoming argumentative.

The Bible is God's word and just reading the Bible as mere academic mental assent you will miss a lot.
Jesus said that those that worship God must worship Him in spirit and truth. True worship of God you have to come to God baring your heart. The human heart is the most deceptive thing. Jesus did not commit himself to man because he knew what was in man.

It is a heart thing. I can't say any other thing for now. I have just stated what I believe.

I am following a couple of Rabbis who believe Jesus is the Messiah e.g. Rabbi Kirt Schneider who hosts a program called "knowing the Jewish Jesus"

There's also this rabbi who wants you to unlearn some lies about tithing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGQsL9HE90o&t=75s

Please take out time to watch the video...

God did not give us a brain and sound mind to discard it because we want to serve Him...
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by kolawoleibukun: 6:41am On Apr 21, 2018
mrsefan:
i bet you were born by mistake that all i have to say
your papa tohto. ogun ma kpa e
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by kolawoleibukun: 6:44am On Apr 21, 2018
The thing pain you say I allude Koran for the talk. una been feel say I go just come on and insult the pastors only abi? haha. what concerns you and this topic? if your mind were not evil-inclined you wouldn't have cared to click on this topic at all. you came on to celebrate as an anti-Christ but you got the shocker of your life.

the same way the topic take no concern islam na the same way e no concern you. since you are here, you surely should get served in the party. enjoy black devil
Hussainmaaji:
What concerns Islam and Muslims over this tithes issue? Or do you have something different in mind over Islam and Muslims because I can see it, moreover Qur'an is been revealed in Arabic language, what language does Bible was revealed? People like you are a White devils you know what I mean?
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by kolawoleibukun: 6:44am On Apr 21, 2018
Dolapo873:
another wasted sperm..
I really pity your parent and I curse the day you are born
your curse remain for your family. e go die with you. muhammed is a dead kebab
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by kolawoleibukun: 6:46am On Apr 21, 2018
Youwin:

You Need Help!!!
you win
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 21, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
your papa tohto. ogun ma kpa e
[s] your mama akpa
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by kolawoleibukun: 7:38am On Apr 21, 2018
mrsefan:
[s] your mama akpa
ahsewo. you no go see better. gay way suppose die for prison na day waka free so day get mouth to talk for Nigeria. wait na hand go soon touch you. you cannot be free forever.

your yarsh go leak for police station one day. make prisoners chuk better stick inside.

yeye day smell. ode terrorist.

Your smelling skin way be like acid. see your dirty face like chief of baboon kingdom. You get luck say I no no where you day stay. I for send boys come beat nonsense comot for your dead skin make you get respect.

your papa preek for there.

monkey way jump comot for jungle with leaky leaky yarsh.

smelling gay
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 21, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
ahsewo. you no go see better. gay way suppose die for prison na day waka free so day get mouth to talk for Nigeria. wait na hand go soon touch you. you cannot be free forever.

your yarsh go leak for police station one day. make prisoners chuk better stick inside.

yeye day smell. ode terrorist.

Your smelling skin way be like acid. see your dirty face like chief of baboon kingdom. You get luck say I no no where you day stay. I for send boys come beat nonsense comot for your dead skin make you get respect.

your papa preek for there.

monkey way jump comot for jungle with leaky leaky yarsh.

smelling gay
trash please send those dirty boys to me am in kogi state make i use them do suya please and again you're a dirty stinking pig with mag in your brain that's why you think side way
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by djon78(m): 3:01pm On Apr 22, 2018
OkCornel:

I am following a couple of Rabbis who believe Jesus is the Messiah e.g. Rabbi Kirt Schneider who hosts a program called "knowing the Jewish Jesus"

There's also this rabbi who wants you to unlearn some lies about tithing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGQsL9HE90o&t=75s

Please take out time to watch the video...

God did not give us a brain and sound mind to discard it bexcause we want to serve Him...

You can say all you want, I was in church today Sunday and I joyfully and willingly paid my tithe.

There is nothing those of you shouting here can do about it. You can cry all you want but many people still pay their tithes. Something that has been a great blessing over the years. We have seen God's faithfulness time and time again and you think you can just and tell us what we have not been experiencing time and time again.

So thanks for all, but paying tithe is my second nature. Remain Blessed!!!

On another note; using my brain? You cannot follow God with your brain. That is your problem. Jesus in his walk on earth did many miraculous signs and wonders. You know why today's Christians are powerless? They think they can know God with their brain. No way. You think you can receive anything from God by your intellect. Never, you will not. So brother, please continue using your brain well oh. Remain blessed again!!
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by OkCornel(m): 3:07pm On Apr 22, 2018
djon78:

You can say all you want, I was in church today Sunday and I joyfully and willingly paid my tithe.

There is nothing those of you shouting here can do about it. You can cry all you want but many people still pay their tithes. Something that has been a great blessing over the years. We have seen God's faithfulness time and time again and you think you can just and tell us what we have not been experiencing time and time again.

So thanks for all, but paying tithe is my second nature. Remain Blessed!!!

This is what to resort to when you realize there is no scriptural backing for monetary tithe... to stick to traditions instead of the truth...

There is no point in telling us that you tithed in church...because Jesus mentioned that when you are giving, even your left hand must not know what your right hand is doing...

By the way, there are people who gullibly pay monetary tithes and are still facing hardship...there are those who don't and are doing very well...

Note that I am not against your giving to help the work of God...but when one thinks its a ticket to God's blessings or a spiritual insurance policy against financial misfortune...then you are in for a big disappointment...
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by djon78(m): 3:14pm On Apr 22, 2018
OkCornel:

This is what to resort to when you realize there is no scriptural backing for monetary tithe... to stick to traditions instead of the truth...

There is no point in telling us that you tithed in church...because Jesus mentioned that when you are giving, even your left hand must not know what your right hand is doing...

and I gave you scriptural backing for my tithe paying!! Did I not?

Honestly this is a divide. You said don't pay with your scriptures, I said I paid with my own scriptures and with evidence of Gods goodness and blessings. I think each side should go with what they believe.

Just like some don't believe in Jesus while others believe and follow Him. In the end of life, we will know who was right. Thanks.
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by OkCornel(m): 3:17pm On Apr 22, 2018
djon78:

and I gave you scriptural backing for my tithe paying!! Did I not?

Honestly this is a divide. You said don't pay with your scriptures, I said I paid with my own scriptures and with evidence of Gods goodness and blessings. I think each side should go with what they believe.

Just like some don't believe in Jesus while others believe and follow Him. In the end of life, we will know who was right. Thanks.

You have not given any scriptural backing on monetary tithe... Even the Rabbis are clear on the fact that tithes were not paid monetarily...

Neither is their any scriptural backing required of Christians to tithe...
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by djon78(m): 3:51pm On Apr 22, 2018
OkCornel:

By the way, there are people who gullibly pay monetary tithes and are still facing hardship...there are those who don't and are doing very well...

Note that I am not against your giving to help the work of God...but when one thinks its a ticket to God's blessings or a spiritual insurance policy against financial misfortune...then you are in for a big disappointment...

I pay my tithes out of respect, reverence and love for God. And He chooses to blesse me. That doesn't mean I still don't have challenges. Everybody on this earth faces challenges but unshakable trust in God can make a difference. And paying tithe is one act of my worship to God.

I have seen people faced with diverse problems and unshakable trust in God delivered them. I have seen people that Doctors and medical science has written them off. Cancer, terrible sicknesses and they got completely healed and whole because of their unshakable trust in God while those just depending only on medical science died and we're no more.

What humans don't understand is that God is real, God is not a fairy tale. I personally have seen God's in action time and time again in my life.

Let me give you testimonies; God gave me privilege of obtaining an excellent foreign education. I was in class with some of the children and relations of the high and mighty in Nigeria but my parents were just average managing folks. I had a wonderful experience as an international student. And my brother, it was simply God's loving hand of Providence.

God recently delivered me from a disease that would have taken my life. When I was diagnosed, the Lord told me personally don't be afraid my son. I was in hospital for 2 weeks, at the end Doctors gave me a bill of 1.2 million Naira. Guess what, God told me I should not worry a bit that He got my back. And someone offset my medical bill with just a wire transfer click. Today I am sound. There were other people I know that didn't even make it. But here I am, alive, strong and well. People don't believe when I tell them what I went through.

God is real. That is why I am sorry for those who rejects His invitation. In Revelation 3 Vs 20 He said behold I stand at the door of your heart and knock. If any will open, He will come in and eat with Him. But if people rejects God's invitation and die in their sin, it will be terrible for those ones. What can a man give in exchange for his soul.
Man is a great being made in the image and likeness of God. The human body is a great gift God gave to mankind. The wonderful pleasures in human body was put there by God. But He gave us a way to use it. For example sex is a very wonderful beautiful gift from God to mankind but God expects us to use it strictly for marriage but devil is deceiving many people today. They misuse their body. It ought not to be so. I am not coming to judge people commit other sins, I am just stating the commonest one.
We may have done many sins but God is ever willing to forgive us and give us the power to overcome and live right. But people need to know. Let no body be comfortable in sin, run from it and run to God. I am pleading with anybody reading this post run to God, He will save you and deliver you Amen.

Thanks and may all remain blessed. Amen
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by OkCornel(m): 4:23pm On Apr 22, 2018
djon78:

I pay my tithes out of respect, reverence and love for God. And He chooses to blesse me. That doesn't mean I still don't have challenges. Everybody on this earth faces challenges but unshakable trust in God can make a difference. And paying tithe is one act of my worship to God.

I have seen people faced with diverse problems and unshakable trust in God delivered them. I have seen people that Doctors and medical science has written them off. Cancer, terrible sicknesses and they got completely healed and whole because of their unshakable trust in God while those just depending only on medical science died and we're no more.

What humans don't understand is that God is real, God is not a fairy tale. I personally have seen God's in action time and time again in my life.

Let me give you testimonies; God gave me privilege of obtaining an excellent foreign education. I was in class with some of the children and relations of the high and mighty in Nigeria but my parents were just average managing folks. I had a wonderful experience as an international student. And my brother, it was simply God's loving hand of Providence.

God recently delivered me from a disease that would have taken my life. When I was diagnosed, the Lord told me personally don't be afraid my son. I was in hospital for 2 weeks, at the end Doctors gave me a bill of 1.2 million Naira. Guess what, God told me I should not worry a bit that He got my back. And someone offset my medical bill with just a wire transfer click. Today I am sound. There were other people I know that didn't even make it. But here I am, alive, strong and well. People don't believe when I tell them what I went through.

God is real. That is why I am sorry for those who rejects His invitation. In Revelation 3 Vs 20 He said behold I stand at the door of your heart and knock. If any will open, He will come in and eat with Him. But if people rejects God's invitation and die in their sin, it will be terrible for those ones. What can a man give in exchange for his soul.
Man is a great being made in the image and likeness of God. The human body is a great gift God gave to mankind. The wonderful pleasures in human body was put there by God. But He gave us a way to use it. For example sex is a very wonderful beautiful gift from God to mankind but God expects us to use it strictly for marriage but devil is deceiving many people today. They misuse their body. It ought not to be so. I am not coming to judge people commit other sins, I am just stating the commonest one.
We may have done many sins but God is ever willing to forgive us and give us the power to overcome and live right. But people need to know. Let no body be comfortable in sin, run from it and run to God. I am pleading with anybody reading this post run to God, He will save you and deliver you Amen.

Thanks and may all remain blessed. Amen

Thank God for the miracle...however, it has nothing to do with monetary tithing...

God is merciful and unbiased, and is not interested in money before blessing whosoever...
If you want to pay "tithes" as an act of worship, then do it the way God has spelt it out in the Bible to be done...it was never required in monetary form to start with...

Jesus has explained how to give, and I think that is what His followers should comply with...rather than through the requirements of the Mosaic Laws which has already been fulfilled...

God bless...
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by djon78(m): 4:47pm On Apr 22, 2018
OkCornel:

Thank God for the miracle...however, it has nothing to do with monetary tithing...

God is merciful and unbiased, and is not interested in money before blessing whosoever...
If you want to pay "tithes" as an act of worship, then do it the way God has spelt it out in the Bible to be done...it was never required in monetary form to start with...

Jesus has explained how to give, and I think that is what His followers should comply with...rather than through the requirements of the Mosaic Laws which has already been fulfilled...

God bless...

Thanks and God bless you all.
Re: Paul Play Dairo Reacts To Pastor Adeboye's "No Tithe, No Heaven" Preaching by Haddock(m): 5:16pm On Apr 28, 2018
djon78:

Bro I never limited Our love for God to tithing. No not at all. I was just highlighting that God wants to know whether we love money more than him.

And like I said my tithe is sacred, my ten percent belongs to God, I will never ever place material things above God. My monthly giving is not ten percent it is way above that. I will still take care of the needy, less privileges and my relations around me and because my God knows that my heart is not tied to this earthly things but I am still on the earth and money is needed here to solve so many problems bedevilling humanity will give me the adequate ones to cater to these problems and also by His Grace Whenever I am going home to glory, I will leave good inheritance and legacy of godliness for my childrens children, which is also Gods will for us. And God willing He will do it for me.

Your faith is important to God. If your conscience doesn't question you, who am I?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mermaid (mammy Water) Found After Tsunami (pictures) / People Kneel For Apostle Suleman In Kwara As He Commissions Bliss TV / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Donates ₦‎100M To Jaga Testimony For Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 202
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.