Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,666 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Are Nigerian Youths Actually Lazy? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Nigerian Youths Actually Lazy? (25510 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore / Are Nigerian Youths Truly Ready To Run Or Just Ranting?, By Dele Momodu / Atiku Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Not Ready To Work" Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerian Youths Actually Lazy? by Omooba77: 9:02am On Apr 19, 2018
Our President, Muhammed Buhari told people at Commonwealth summit that Nigeria youths are lazy, not doing anything; but waiting for free Oil money.
“More than 60 percent of the population is below 30, a lot of them haven’t been to school and they are claiming that Nigeria is an oil producing country, therefore, they should sit and do nothing, and get housing, healthcare, education for free.”

Is this true of Nigeria youth trying to make ends meet; doing all kinds of odd jobs including yahoo, baba Ijebu, prostitution and so on?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Actually Lazy? by Abeycity93: 9:26am On Apr 19, 2018
Jamb question

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Actually Lazy? by rusher14: 9:33am On Apr 19, 2018
Some of us know you simply choose to be mischievious.

Did he say ALL youth of Nigeria are lazy?

Besides semantics, I put it to you, the Nigerian youth do not display enough creativity.

How much research, patents, world class artistic work would you find in our institutions?
Let me guess..that's government's fault.

Ok let's go to the number of our young people who have access to the internet. How many are involved in programming, animation, international research syndicates?

Let me guess...that's the government's fault.

Here on Nairaland, start a topic with a misleading headline and wait to find how many would spot the disconnect between the headline and the body of the message.

Let me guess... it's the government's fault.

The youth of Nigeria are lacking in creativity and please don't give me Nollywood and Afro music. It can take only a few entrants.

We need people who want to create and constantly think of solutions.

We need people who channel their energy positively and not in cult activities, Yahoo or drug use.

Talking about drugs, this poor nation is experiencing a new wave of drug abuse...tramadol, codeine, skunk etc.
That's what the nation is about.

Many Nigerians are of the misconception that the country is rich but the reality is that we aren't.

Yes we have the potential to be wealthy, but we are a poor nation in every way, shape or form.

It is your choice to accept the criticism.

You can go renegade and discount it.
It is your life, your future. Play it as you wish.

158 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Actually Lazy? by Omooba77: 10:23am On Apr 19, 2018
rusher14:

Besides semantics, I put it to you, the Nigerian youth do not display enough creativity.

How much research, patents, world class artistic work would you find in our institutions?

Ok let's go to the number of our young people who have access to the internet. How many are involved in programming, animation, international research syndicates?

Here on Nairaland, start a topic with a misleading headline and wait to find how many would spot the disconnect between the headline and the body of the message.

The youth of Nigeria are lacking in creativity and please don't give me Nollywood and Afro music. It can take only a few entrants.

We need people who channel their energy positively and not in cult activities, Yahoo or drug use.

Talking about drugs, this poor nation is experiencing a new wave of drug abuse...tramadol, codeine, skunk etc.

Many Nigerians are of the misconception that the country is rich but the reality is that we aren't.

Yes we have the potential to be wealthy, but we are a poor nation in every way, shape or form.

Slaves love slavery, God bless you sir

65 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Actually Lazy? by SternProphet: 10:31am On Apr 19, 2018
YES. Nigerian youths are lazy.
They are also used to being told they are lazy which is a surprise that Buhari's words said in a certain context is generating furore. Every student in school, young worker in the office and apprenticeship intern is being told this same thing everyday.

In northern Nigeria, there is 60% unemployment and a growing drug epidemic. Maybe some people like politicians who tell lies but if you want a President who lies maybe they should vote for Atiku.

31 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Actually Lazy? by Omooba77: 10:32am On Apr 19, 2018
SternProphet:
YES. Nigerian youths are lazy.
They are also used to being old they are lazy which is a surprise that Buhari's words said in a certain context is generating furore. Every student in school, young worker in the office and apprenticeship intern is being told this same thing everyday.

In northern Nigeria, there is 60% unemployment and a growing drug epidemic. Maybe some people like politicians who tell lies but if you want a President who lies maybe they should vote for Atiku.

A government who have done nothing; but too badly?

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Actually Lazy? by oteneaaron(m): 10:34am On Apr 19, 2018
rusher14:

Yes alot of youths are engaged in Cult activities

Yes some are engaged in Internet Fraud - Yahoo Yahoo

But a majority are trying to make ends meet. We went to school in an already broken Educational system, but we still do TDB's because we want a better life.

How many youths write Jamb every year, how many of them even get addmission?

How many youths graduate every year? How many of them pass out of NYSC every year?

I am a Nigerian youth, and I'm working my ass off to make a better life for myself.....

Go out of the country, and see how Nigerian youths are excelling--Why? duh, because the Country where they reside is organised.

Nigerian Youths are the brightest and most hardworking any day anytime..........

In the eyes of Buhari we're Lazy and waiting on "oil Money" abi?....next year isn't afar off.

Beware the Ides of March.....

260 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Actually Lazy? by muykem: 10:38am On Apr 19, 2018
Yes. It's an open secret.

3 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Actually Lazy? by Omooba77: 10:38am On Apr 19, 2018
oteneaaron:

But a majority are trying to make ends meet. We went to school in an already broken Educational system, but we still do TDB's because we want a better life.

How many youths graduate every year? How many of them pass out of NYSC every year?

I am a Nigerian youth, and I'm working my ass off to make a better life for myself.....

Go out of the country, and see how Nigerian youths are excelling--Why? duh, because the Country where they reside is organised.

Nigerian Youths are the brightest and most hardworking any day anytime..........

In the eyes of Buhari we're Lazy and waiting on "oil Money" abi?....next year isn't afar off.

God bless you sir, many youth with M.Sc are doing security jobs, drivers and so on; just not to be involved in crimes and yet one old man will tell us, we are lazy.

132 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Actually Lazy? by SternProphet: 10:40am On Apr 19, 2018
Omooba77:

A government who have done nothing; but too badly?

SIP is nothing?.Anchor Borrowers is nothing?. N-Power is nothing?. Paying salary arrears for state Govts is nothing?. Ordinary CBN has three types of entrepreneurship schemes running for youths .
I said it before, Atiku is going tell you that youths are hard working and they will get things for free. Please vote for him. Buhari was addressing himself to Northern youths but 50% of southern youths are the same. I have some in my house

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Actually Lazy? by rusher14: 10:41am On Apr 19, 2018
oteneaaron:

Speak for yourself.

The stats are stark and they are revealing.

We are simply not creative as a nation. No amount of sugarcoating would change that reality.

I can equally tell you to go abroad and see the number of Nigerians involved in crime.
That doesn't make ALL young Nigerians to be criminals.
I put it to you the president never said ALL young Nigerians were lazy.

Of course, there are many who would not have voted him anyway looking to feel insulted, looking to amplify his statement so as to put pressure on others to exact some hate .

Again, I repeat. It is your choice. Your life. Play it as you will it.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Actually Lazy? by enlady(f): 10:43am On Apr 19, 2018
How can the president of a country in the 21st century make such a statement before a global audience? What sort of leadership is this? Who will invest in Nigeria after listening to such a speech? I am sorry your hero doesn't inspire hope.
rusher14:

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Actually Lazy? by pauljumbo: 10:45am On Apr 19, 2018
rusher14:

The system makes the youth look lazy no normal human can thrive in hostile environment like we have in Nigeria.

Despite the harsh environment young Nigerians are everywhere hustling from selling pure water and the rest.

Even those that goes in to crime do you think crime is for lazy people?

The president makes big blunder no sane president puts his people Down in public

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Actually Lazy? by rusher14: 10:47am On Apr 19, 2018
enlady:
How can the president of a country in the 21st century make such a statement before a global audience? What sort of leadership is this? Who will invest in Nigeria after listening to such a speech? I am sorry your hero doesn't inspire hope.

The international community do not wait for response from a president to reach a conclusion on a nation.

I work with many foreigners and I often get the young "Nigerian Prince who sent an email to them" joke every now and then.
I don't think Buhari sent them that memo.

Most of you crying today had no intention of voting him so why the crocodile tears?

You don't like him. Fine.

Your choice. Your life.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Actually Lazy? by rusher14: 10:51am On Apr 19, 2018
pauljumbo:

The system makes the youth look lazy no normal human can thrive in hostile environment like we have in Nigeria.

Despite the harsh environment young Nigerians are everywhere hustling from selling pure water and the rest.

Even those that goes in to crime do you think crime is for lazy people?

The president makes big blunder no sane president puts his people Down in public

It takes 2 to tango.

The environment is hostile because the people are hostile. This includes the youth.

Nigerians love to extricate themselves from all the ills of their society.

If Nigeria is bad and it is not you giving or receiving bribe, it is not you involved in exam malpractice, it is not you who is involved in Yahoo or prostitution or drug abuse, then tell me who is?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Actually Lazy? by pauljumbo: 10:51am On Apr 19, 2018
The most lazy youths reside in America waiting for government aids and most of them are into drug despite the good environment they find themselves

Don’t generalize a country because of few people who goes into crime.

If you are privileged to travel abroad and see the kind of infrastructure they have you will know Nigeria youth is the most hard working in the world despite nothing that is working in the system we still hustle everyday.

rusher14:

Speak for yourself.

We are simply not creative as a nation. No amount of sugarcoating would change that reality.

I can equally tell you to go abroad and see the number of Nigerians involved in crime.

Of course, there are many who would not have voted him anyway looking to feel insulted, looking to amplify his statement so as to put pressure on others to exact some hate .

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Actually Lazy? by CodeTemplar: 10:53am On Apr 19, 2018
Mentally they are. physically they not so lazy. The physical can be manipulated with chemicals and that is what we see daily with tramadol addicts.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Actually Lazy? by Omooba77: 10:53am On Apr 19, 2018
SternProphet:

SIP is nothing?.Anchor Borrowers is nothing?. N-Power is nothing?. Paying salary arrears for state Govts is nothing?. Ordinary CBN has three types of entrepreneurship schemes running for youths .
I said it before, Atiku is going tell you that youths are hard working and they will get things for free. Please vote for him. Buhari was addressing himself to Northern youths but 50% of southern youths are the same. I have some in my house

Was this what life used to be for the whole country pre May 2015 sir?
Please tell me what infrastructural project on going anywhere in the country.
I guess you are a youth, let us stop defending all these old men.There is a limit to every generation oga. God bless you sir.
As for me and my younger ones, we are not lazy and dont need to depend on any government hands down to survive.

14 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Actually Lazy? by Omooba77: 10:55am On Apr 19, 2018
pauljumbo:
The most lazy youths reside in America waiting for government aids and most of them are into drug despite the good environment they find themselves

If you are privileged to travel abroad and see the kind of infrastructure they have you will know Nigeria youth is the most hard working in the world despite nothing that is working in the system we still hustle everyday.

God bless you sir. Leave it or take it 75% of Nigeria youth are not lazy. Why do Nigeria excel academically,sportingly and otherwise abroad?

26 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Actually Lazy? by pauljumbo: 10:57am On Apr 19, 2018
rusher14:

Speak for yourself.

We like to insults ourselves

Tell me one country in the world that have creative youths that will thrive in Nigeria

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Actually Lazy? by rusher14: 10:58am On Apr 19, 2018
pauljumbo:

I have probably been to over 21 countries. So telling me to go abroad to see how things function is misguided.

I have studied the Nigerian character and I mean the typical, we are averse to truth.

Yes, many have a daring spirit but much more think the nation is wealthy and they have been shortchanged down the wealth chain.

Truly, they have been shortchanged but they have not been given their aliquot share of the little.

Presently, the man you love to hate is the one doing everything to change the narrative but deep down their is a prejudice that many of you have such that any suggestion he makes is followed by resistance.

Funny it is the likes of Fayose and Atiku that you look up to.

I dey laugh.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Actually Lazy? by rusher14: 11:00am On Apr 19, 2018
Omooba77:

God bless you sir. Leave it or take it 75% of Nigeria youth are not lazy. Why do Nigeria excel academically,sportingly and otherwise abroad?

Hahaha!
We underachieve for our sheer potential and population.

For Christ sake, this is the most populous black nation.

Go ahead. Lie to yourself .

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Actually Lazy? by enlady(f): 11:00am On Apr 19, 2018
Firstly, I have also collaborated on projects with foreigners who have declared that relating with some of us has changed their mentality about Nigerians for the better.
Secondly, it is self-deceit to think some previous Buhari die-hards have not seen the light. We encounter them everyday. Time will tell
Lastly, this sort of comments by the president portray him as archaic and arrogant. He simply has no charisma or emotional intelligence. No one commits this sort of blunder in modern day leadership.

rusher14:

The international community do not wait for response from a president to reach a conclusion on a nation.

I work with many foreigners and I often get the young "Nigerian Prince who sent an email to them" joke every now and then.
I don't think Buhari sent them that memo.

Most of you crying today had no intention of voting him so why the crocodile tears?

You don't like him. Fine.

Your choice. Your life.

26 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Actually Lazy? by Omooba77: 11:00am On Apr 19, 2018
pauljumbo:

Tell me one country in the world that have creative youths that will thrive in Nigeria

Oga please dont mind all these paid agents, mortgaging their future on the plater of peanut.
Ohun to tan lodun egun.. ( masqurade festival will soon be over.......)

20 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Actually Lazy? by rusher14: 11:01am On Apr 19, 2018
pauljumbo:

If you exchanged all the people of Nigeria with all the people of China you would get a different result.

The leaders and the followers are to blame.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Actually Lazy? by Omooba77: 11:03am On Apr 19, 2018
rusher14:

Hahaha!
We underachieve for our sheer potential and population.

For Christ sake, this is the most populous black nation.

Go ahead. Lie to yourself .

Google is your friend sir; you can check how industrious and enterprising Nigerian youths are all over the world. Check what many are doing here too sir.

7 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Actually Lazy? by obonujoker(m): 11:04am On Apr 19, 2018
I can't actually blame all these Buhari supporters anyway.... Not your fault, one day the Nigerian eye will be opened....

6 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Actually Lazy? by Omooba77: 11:12am On Apr 19, 2018
Is Seun lazy? If Nairaland were to be a developed country platform, Seun will be a 'multi' millonaire by now and lalasticlala will be behind the wheel of a Rose Ross.
Do you know how many youth paid through their education hustling; but our old Baba whose son can waste #157m on bikes call us lazy... Ayele ibosi ooooo...

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Actually Lazy? by rusher14: 11:14am On Apr 19, 2018
Omooba77:
Is Seun lazy? If Nairaland were to be a developed country platform, Seun will be a 'multi' millonaire by now and lalasticlala will be behind the wheel of a Rose Ross.
Do you know how many youth paid through their education hustling; but our old Baba whose son can waste #157m on bikes call us lazy... Ayele ibosi ooooo...

Are you Seun?

You are not even a moderator on Nairaland.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Actually Lazy? by Omooba77: 11:29am On Apr 19, 2018
rusher14:

Are you Seun?

You are not even a moderator on Nairaland.

Thanks sir, God bless you; enjoy the spoil and the meal when they last.

10 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Actually Lazy? by rusher14: 11:30am On Apr 19, 2018
Omooba77:

Thanks sir, God bless you; enjoy the spoil and the meal when it last.

What is this one saying?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerian Youths Actually Lazy? by Omooba77: 11:31am On Apr 19, 2018
rusher14:

What is this one saying?
Nothing sir

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt / Bulama Bukarti Makes Senior Associate At US Thinktank (Photo) / Untold Story Of Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.