Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Embrace Your Wilderness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Embrace Your Wilderness (644 Views)

What Do People Mean When They Say “You Should Embrace Your Demons” / Your Wilderness Experience Is Over / What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Embrace Your Wilderness by christiansister: 9:35am On Apr 19, 2018
Matt 4 vs 1- 11 talks about how Jesus was led to the wilderness and was tempted by the devil. Where I'm I heading to you may ask? 

Well, this is my point...You cannot avoid facing a wilderness. A wilderness is a season in your life where things look difficult and hard. It is the dry period of your life where things are not falling in place. That's a wilderness

Jesus encountered a wilderness in his life but do you know what He did that period? Jesus used that period for self-discovery. He used that period to remind himself that He wasn't ordinary and that He was in a phase. 

That's my point. Most of us are in the wilderness stage of our life. Things aren't going the way it should. You keep asking God what is happening? You have given up on life, you feel God does not love enough for things to go right. No! You are wrong. Trust me when I tell you that this period is really sensitive to God. He wants to show what He is capable of. Trust Him through the process.

If Jesus wasn't led by the Holy Spirit into the wilderness, Jesus would never have expressed his authority over the devil. He won't have known how powerful He is over the devil. But you see that wilderness showed Him what He carried inside of Him without Him realizing He possessed those abilities. 

What if that wilderness you are in now is meant to bring out of you the qualities you never knew you had?

It is not a time to give up on God or question His authority. Trust God through the process

(1) (Reply)

Video Of A Pastor In Anambra Preaching Hatred In Church / The Glory Dome: How Safe Is It? / I Am God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.