Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,862 members, 7,821,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Treasure Hunt: Subscriber Sues Mtn For N210m - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Treasure Hunt: Subscriber Sues Mtn For N210m (8806 Views)

Etisalat Sues MTN Over Visafone Acquisition / HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? / Get 1gb For #100 On Mtn For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasure Hunt: Subscriber Sues Mtn For N210m by Mavor: 4:11pm On May 16, 2010
MTN is Nigeria's biggest corporate thief
Re: Treasure Hunt: Subscriber Sues Mtn For N210m by bayori: 4:17pm On May 16, 2010
The guy dey waste im time because when promo is done by any Telecoms company there is Terms and Condition for the tin, and once MTN provides this which am sure the guy wey dey sue is not even aware off will end the case shap shap!
e no easy to just become millionere overnite na.
Re: Treasure Hunt: Subscriber Sues Mtn For N210m by 3kay945(m): 4:25pm On May 16, 2010
Am interested in the outcome, the man should keep the ball rollin,
Re: Treasure Hunt: Subscriber Sues Mtn For N210m by ucyyboy(m): 4:34pm On May 16, 2010
na dem know
Re: Treasure Hunt: Subscriber Sues Mtn For N210m by GeorgeD1(m): 4:40pm On May 16, 2010
if the man win there will be many more aggrieved susbcribers lining up to sue y'ellow. dem go hear am oooo! grin
Re: Treasure Hunt: Subscriber Sues Mtn For N210m by dexterman(m): 4:45pm On May 16, 2010
I never for once believed in MTN promo, they are thieves, imagine the ongoing promo where they ask u to text "GO" to 2010 and qualify for cash draw. if u try it, they keep reminding to text another "GO" to increase ur points, u will never qualify for the draw even if u spend up to N10,000 in texting "GO", ABSOLUTE NONSENSE!
Re: Treasure Hunt: Subscriber Sues Mtn For N210m by luck007(m): 4:58pm On May 16, 2010
MTN na thief but this man na arm robber, u are trying to sue a company for N210m over a contest of N10m
u think say MTN na Micheal Jackson, they aint giving shit
Re: Treasure Hunt: Subscriber Sues Mtn For N210m by GeorgeD1(m): 5:03pm On May 16, 2010
leave the man abeg make him continue with im court case. mtn deserve to be punished. their ojoro too much! angry
Re: Treasure Hunt: Subscriber Sues Mtn For N210m by kabarka(m): 5:30pm On May 16, 2010
i really dont know what NCC is doing about MTN.
They have taken enough,what of the MEMBER GET MEMBER SECRET PROGRAM.
Which they used to swindled a lot of #500s from nigerians.

how does NCC checkmate these companies
Re: Treasure Hunt: Subscriber Sues Mtn For N210m by GeorgeD1(m): 5:38pm On May 16, 2010
that is if ncc is not in league with them?
Re: Treasure Hunt: Subscriber Sues Mtn For N210m by suxes2005(m): 5:42pm On May 16, 2010
So wat do u guys fink wil happen?

Wat possibility is dia dat d guy can
win dis type of stuff?

MTN wey wise weller,

SHALOM
Re: Treasure Hunt: Subscriber Sues Mtn For N210m by GeorgeD1(m): 5:49pm On May 16, 2010
he may just win. at least let him try. no trial, no success.

mtn have been sucking nigerians for too long. maybe its time someone bleeped them too! grin
Re: Treasure Hunt: Subscriber Sues Mtn For N210m by Ruq: 6:05pm On May 16, 2010
Serve's them right same thing happened to me i spent about 1k on the foolish promo but no show i've a feelin this guy will win good luck bro they deserve to be mopped Bastards!
Re: Treasure Hunt: Subscriber Sues Mtn For N210m by GeorgeD1(m): 6:49pm On May 16, 2010
sharp peeps are already having their pound of flesh from y'ello and they don't need to go to court to do that! those who are wise know my drift! grin
Re: Treasure Hunt: Subscriber Sues Mtn For N210m by otokx(m): 6:54pm On May 16, 2010
@george d

yes o
Re: Treasure Hunt: Subscriber Sues Mtn For N210m by mrkoma2012: 7:23pm On May 16, 2010
another dreamer 200 million naira in nigeria
Re: Treasure Hunt: Subscriber Sues Mtn For N210m by osbar67: 7:24pm On May 16, 2010
Thank God somebody has decided to take a step, ! ;DMore grease to your elbow at least when 1000 people decide to take same step they'll wake up and leave upto their promises.MTN Thieves,

@ paddy lo
George_D:

no mind zain. the 'wake up a millionaire' crap is just so irritating!  angry

I don't know whether u work for them or you are their spy here.What ever you do 4 them/them 4 you I think u should advice them top provide better services instead of being resentful about facts stated by other people.

Na true them talk no be lie,
Re: Treasure Hunt: Subscriber Sues Mtn For N210m by webfx(m): 8:22pm On May 16, 2010
The gentleman should be rallied around and encouraged, someone has to put an end to all this nonsense once and for all! eMpTyN has made so much in Nigeria with little consideration for duely rewarding its clentels that made the huge profits possible. Instead of rewards they keep on playing on our emotions and intelligence.
To the chap involved i suggest he tries to hook up with the Consumer Rights Council of Nigeria , theyve been making a lot of noise on TV about protecting the rights of the Nigerian consumer, lets give them this task to see what stuff they are really made of
Re: Treasure Hunt: Subscriber Sues Mtn For N210m by obums(m): 8:34pm On May 16, 2010
My man if u knw u re right ,then i think u will definitely win the case,i like people like u always ready 2 take the bull by the horn when the need arises,pls remember me when u win the case
Re: Treasure Hunt: Subscriber Sues Mtn For N210m by yemiprof(m): 8:39pm On May 16, 2010
emtyN also decieve me in ds same useless promo. i like dat they must be sued. i culd rememba spending close to #3000 on it.
Re: Treasure Hunt: Subscriber Sues Mtn For N210m by Sethoblings(m): 9:45pm On May 16, 2010
D guy no fit win nothin, u n I kno dat 1 na. Abi no b 9ja we dey. Abeg make im kip d small change wey remain from d failed promo.
Re: Treasure Hunt: Subscriber Sues Mtn For N210m by rhemmy(m): 10:09pm On May 16, 2010
@paddy lo.
with over 2600 post from u, i expect some constructive response, as product consumers, we must av value for money, or how does it work in PHIL where u seems to be hanging out from?

rgds.
rhemmy
Re: Treasure Hunt: Subscriber Sues Mtn For N210m by Sagamite(m): 12:04am On May 17, 2010
I can't even read beyond the first 3 paragraph of the story.

Judges need to clamp down on all this senseless claim for punitive damages and don't let Nigeria turn into US. They should bloody have some foresight.

Anybody that comes with unreasonable appeal for compensation should be forced to pay 1/100th of the difference of their claim and what they are eventually awarded.

Dumbfuck asking for £1m for what? Is he retarded?
Re: Treasure Hunt: Subscriber Sues Mtn For N210m by PupetMasta(m): 2:11am On May 17, 2010
@ Sagamite: Nigeria should not be like the United States where u sue for everything, but now in Nigeria, the law of the land and the mentality we have as consumers in Nigeria favors the multinationals. They take the consumers for granted. Those kind of Promos should not be allowed to run, because they could be taken has gambling. For most countries and maybe Nigeria the gambling age is 18+, how do they know who is 18 and who is not.

I am not saying the guy should be paid for damages, For me I think he was being naive and that is what the multinationals are banking on.

@ OP

Even if he has a case, once emptyN notices they are going to loose they will settle out of court, we will not hear about it anymore. If this guy wins they should be ready to go in and out of court cos there will be a lot of class action against them and other telcom companies. I think NCC and other related bodies should regulate the promos and advert this companies put out.

If I am the judge on the case and I am dirty, I will take money from the guy and not the telco companies, I will kill 2 birds with a stone (i.e send a warning signal to the telco companies and also make some money).
Re: Treasure Hunt: Subscriber Sues Mtn For N210m by Ranoscky(m): 7:13am On May 17, 2010
E don tey wey d!ck dey run things but some ars stil dey frontin!

E don tey wey gurls dey hook up but stil guys no won give up!

If a gurl show her logo . . .

a guy go do anything to follow.

If 'MTN' com wit dia promo . . .

mugu's go look 4 moni to borrow.

I wonder why some people are stil using mtn = 'M'ost 'T'roubled 'N'etwork!
Re: Treasure Hunt: Subscriber Sues Mtn For N210m by Chizzy4B: 12:58pm On May 17, 2010
MTN are rogues, they've gat no credibility when it comes to promos, Glo sure rules!
Re: Treasure Hunt: Subscriber Sues Mtn For N210m by uni: 1:31pm On May 17, 2010
me i nor dey near there, as the text messege dey enter my phone i dey delete am.
i wish u all d best cos it will take the Grace of God for u to win that case.
Re: Treasure Hunt: Subscriber Sues Mtn For N210m by sevo(m): 2:38pm On May 17, 2010
una dey talk of promo.wat of their mast wey dey everywhere? dat tin dey emit some kind of radiation wey no good for health. yet the tin dey spring up everywhere. if na lie, check outside ur house na u go c one wey dem dey build now. bunch of theives. na God go punish all of dem. amen
Re: Treasure Hunt: Subscriber Sues Mtn For N210m by Ranoscky(m): 3:19pm On May 17, 2010
mtn = most troubled network.
Re: Treasure Hunt: Subscriber Sues Mtn For N210m by Bukittes(f): 4:21pm On May 17, 2010
I like this guys courage anyway, he is standing up to fight for his right unlike many of us who one way or the other has been defrauded by so called promos and win win actions. If we can stand up to them like this, we will go a long way in curb their deceptive ways. See what Zain is doing to people now? Text WIN to 222 quick, its ur chance to win 2 million!! and the only thing u win my dear is deception, deceit!!! Lets all stand like this man and put a stop to all these!!!
Re: Treasure Hunt: Subscriber Sues Mtn For N210m by GeorgeD1(m): 5:32pm On May 17, 2010
all those talking crap about this mans claims being unreasonable really amaze me.

maybe they need an insight into how many millions mtn is fleecing off nigerians every day.

that can only happen in a country like nigeria
Re: Treasure Hunt: Subscriber Sues Mtn For N210m by Nymphnode(m): 7:59pm On May 17, 2010
How to spend 210 million Promo

Judge- 50 million

Lawyer- 30 million

Police/Mofo- 20 Million

EmptyN technical guru- 40 million( else Ralia Odinga will attack database)

Punch- 10m, coverage

Babalawo- 10 million

Alfa Sule- 10 million

Woli/ Emmanuel- 10 million

Kidnappers- grin 20 million

, How much come remain sef?

Text Go to 2010 to redeem ur prize

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Know That Fear Of Being Without Your Mobile Phone Is A Mental Illness? / Techno N3 Battery Picture / MTN New Bundle4u Offer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.