Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

PDP Mulls Name Change, Holds Emergency NEC Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Mulls Name Change, Holds Emergency NEC Today (21369 Views)

2023: PDP Mulls Remodelling Of Manifesto / 2023: PDP Mulls Merger, Throws Open Presidential Ticket / PDP Mulls Fall-back Options For Presidential Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Mulls Name Change, Holds Emergency NEC Today by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 19, 2018
The Peoples Democratic Party is considering the possibility of changing its name before the conduct of 2019 general elections, The PUNCH has learnt.

Investigations by our correspondent showed that this was one of the conditions given by those who left the party before the 2015 general elections.

It was gathered that this might be one of the issues to be discussed by the party at its hurriedly called National Executive Committee meeting, which holds in Abuja on Thursday (today).

Is PDP actually Dead?

http://punchng.com/pdp-mulls-name-change-holds-emergency-nec-today/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Mulls Name Change, Holds Emergency NEC Today by oyatz(m): 11:21am On Apr 19, 2018
PDP need rebranding by replacing most of its leaders with Technocrats, seasoned economists, discipled retired military brass , returned Nigerians from diaspora , activits and young achievers that are patriotic to effect positive changes in Nigeria.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Mulls Name Change, Holds Emergency NEC Today by asobo: 11:22am On Apr 19, 2018
PDP has been rebranded. The should remain were they are, no room for back stabbers.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Mulls Name Change, Holds Emergency NEC Today by Braze9(m): 11:25am On Apr 19, 2018
Welcome development

5 Likes

Re: PDP Mulls Name Change, Holds Emergency NEC Today by asobo: 11:30am On Apr 19, 2018
myboy2111:
The Peoples Democratic Party is considering the possibility of changing its name before the conduct of 2019 general elections, The PUNCH has learnt.

Investigations by our correspondent showed that this was one of the conditions given by those who left the party before the 2015 general elections.

It was gathered that this might be one of the issues to be discussed by the party at its hurriedly called National Executive Committee meeting, which holds in Abuja on Thursday (today).

Is PDP actually Dead?

PDP is not dead and can never be dead. Let the NEC not be deceive by all these political prostitutes. My only appeal to PDP is for them to conduct free and credible primaries across board and let Nigerians decide.

6 Likes

Re: PDP Mulls Name Change, Holds Emergency NEC Today by muykem: 11:30am On Apr 19, 2018
PDP is equal to corruption in the average Nigerian mind. It is a welcome development.

11 Likes

Re: PDP Mulls Name Change, Holds Emergency NEC Today by KenOne: 11:55am On Apr 19, 2018
Does it change anything when in Rivers state impunity still reigns supreme in PDP. Local government election primaries held across Rivers imposition,rigging and violence was the order of the day from Ward 1 Isiokpo in Ikwerre local government to Emohua, Etche, Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni to Andoni LGA's where Uche Secondus comes from same story. Then Degema where Wike disqualified all the chairmanship aspirants when he does not have the right to disqualify any candidate. Then what is the organ of the party responsible for that doing, Wike is the grand commander and supreme leader of PDP with him in charge impunity and imposition will continue.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PDP Mulls Name Change, Holds Emergency NEC Today by hakimi1974(m): 12:34pm On Apr 19, 2018
passed by "wadata" thieves plaza yesterday it was a shadow of it former self. p.d.p? never again. if dem like make dem change name to angelic democratic party, nothing for dem.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Mulls Name Change, Holds Emergency NEC Today by Mogidi: 1:26pm On Apr 19, 2018
Call it PDP, SDP, VIP they will still get my vote.

The only time I'd consider APC is if Buhari was put in jail for life.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Mulls Name Change, Holds Emergency NEC Today by okomile(f): 1:26pm On Apr 19, 2018
Heheeeee
Re: PDP Mulls Name Change, Holds Emergency NEC Today by pejuakinab: 1:26pm On Apr 19, 2018
Hmmm
That name PDP is stained already with corruption. Its good they're gonna change it.
That name APC is also stained with cluelesness, it must be forgotten and go into extinct.
My opinion tho sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Mulls Name Change, Holds Emergency NEC Today by tobtap: 1:27pm On Apr 19, 2018
They shud name it JAIYE JAIYE PARTY OF NIGERIA grin cheesy cool

4 Likes

Re: PDP Mulls Name Change, Holds Emergency NEC Today by petkoffdrake2(m): 1:27pm On Apr 19, 2018
If them like make them Answer "Angels Members Party" (ANP)

Or

"Nigerian Saviours Party" (NSP)

No matter how many times the cheetah wash, its spot won't leave its body...

D painful part is that they always deceive large chunk of this Shit hole republic even though we all know they're Evil.

I blame the power of money

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Mulls Name Change, Holds Emergency NEC Today by AjalaJ(m): 1:27pm On Apr 19, 2018
If they change their name, they'll go further down under.

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller/Skrill: ItuGlobal

5 Likes

Re: PDP Mulls Name Change, Holds Emergency NEC Today by binsanni(m): 1:29pm On Apr 19, 2018
oak now
Re: PDP Mulls Name Change, Holds Emergency NEC Today by nairavsdollars(f): 1:29pm On Apr 19, 2018
The name PDP alone still makes APC leaders like Tinubu and Oyegun jittery. Any change of name and they will look like one of this new parties

Not by name change. It is by change of character. Old wine in new bottle

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Mulls Name Change, Holds Emergency NEC Today by nabegibeg: 1:29pm On Apr 19, 2018
myboy2111:

Is PDP actually Dead?

Re: PDP Mulls Name Change, Holds Emergency NEC Today by oyetunder(m): 1:29pm On Apr 19, 2018
Laughing democratically... When a crocodile tells you that the new biological name for it is Agama Agama... We shall still know it by the evil diets of flesh and blood.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Mulls Name Change, Holds Emergency NEC Today by Fmartin(m): 1:30pm On Apr 19, 2018
i will also advise they rebrand their ideologies...
#backtodaura
Re: PDP Mulls Name Change, Holds Emergency NEC Today by Fmartin(m): 1:30pm On Apr 19, 2018
i will also advise they rebrand their ideologies...
#backtodaura
Re: PDP Mulls Name Change, Holds Emergency NEC Today by BrainnewsRadio(f): 1:30pm On Apr 19, 2018
Who CARES? grin cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Mulls Name Change, Holds Emergency NEC Today by FrenchWay: 1:30pm On Apr 19, 2018
I can't wait for he election to come.

In our area, the polling unit is simply the best. We have top APC chieftains in dat zone.

All they do is hand over 1000 naira note to whoever would cast his/her vote for APC.

I used the last one for two short times in a very great brothel in Zamfara; lithered with foreign Buzu girls. I can't wait for 2019.
Don't tell me, I know my village people are doing me.

1 Like

Re: PDP Mulls Name Change, Holds Emergency NEC Today by Bossontop(m): 1:31pm On Apr 19, 2018
undecided
If u lyk change d umbrella logo join sef as far as na still d same corrupt polithiefcians dey dere e no make any difference......as dem waka go Apc no be still thief thief dem dey still do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Mulls Name Change, Holds Emergency NEC Today by IVORY2009(m): 1:32pm On Apr 19, 2018
[quote author=muykem post=66844385]PDP is equal to corruption in the average Nigerian mind. It is a welcome development. [/quote

You again? shocked

Re: PDP Mulls Name Change, Holds Emergency NEC Today by talk2percy(m): 1:32pm On Apr 19, 2018
If that is the way out, then let's do it
Re: PDP Mulls Name Change, Holds Emergency NEC Today by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 19, 2018
Too late too little

3 Likes

Re: PDP Mulls Name Change, Holds Emergency NEC Today by GavelSlam: 1:36pm On Apr 19, 2018
If they did well why are they running from their name?
Re: PDP Mulls Name Change, Holds Emergency NEC Today by jimrog: 1:37pm On Apr 19, 2018
Not even that will bring those rogues back to power...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Mulls Name Change, Holds Emergency NEC Today by DIKEnaWAR: 1:37pm On Apr 19, 2018
To what?

1 Like

Re: PDP Mulls Name Change, Holds Emergency NEC Today by Newpride(m): 1:39pm On Apr 19, 2018
The name PDP as a political party had been before some of them joined politics .

They shld leave the party and form a new one. We want to know how another standard and viable opposition party can stand .

1 Like

Re: PDP Mulls Name Change, Holds Emergency NEC Today by ifyain: 1:39pm On Apr 19, 2018
The simple thing is that Nigeria have no hope in sight Restructuring through a revolution is the answer. PDP and APC are one and same party.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Friends Arraigned For The Murder Of Emmanuel Ubah In Lagos. Photos / Adekunle Akinlade Campaigns With Buhari's Picture / Lawyers Disagree Over Sanwo-Olu’s Attempt To Takeover Corruption Cases From EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.