Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,864 members, 7,813,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Lost Share Certificates: What's The Worst Case Scenario - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Lost Share Certificates: What's The Worst Case Scenario (804 Views)

Lost Share Certificates: What's The Worst Case Scenario / Share Certificates / Intercontinental Bank Share Certificates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lost Share Certificates: What's The Worst Case Scenario by OLULAW: 4:40pm On May 15, 2010
My share certificates are lost in transit. When I contacted the registrar of the bank in question, I was asked to send a letter to this effect. I've done so, but because I live abroad and return home very infrequently, I don't know whether or not they've responded. If these share certificates get into the wrong hand, what's the worst case scenario?
Re: Lost Share Certificates: What's The Worst Case Scenario by fender(m): 9:53pm On May 15, 2010
dont panic!if the certificates gets into the wrong hands they cant verify it into any cscs account cos they cant get ur signature. remember u signed ur signature when you where buying the stocks.After the offer, the agent you bought 2ru will send the application form to the registrar.the reg. will scan the form into their system.now wen the units u applied for is finally alloted to you which will be in certificate form,then you can verify it.verification is the process of dematerilising the physical certificate into an electronic form. you do this 2ru ur stock broker.this is hw it goes, wen u receive your certificate, you send it to your broker who will send the certificate to the registrar. the certificate will be sent with some other documents called CDF and TRANSFER FROM. you will be required to sign the form. wen the certificate gets to the registrar, they will call up your entire holding in their system,check if u have verified, am tired of typing. call me on 08037430594.

(1) (Reply)

Investors Needed / Get 50% ROI In 12 Months / Mutual Funds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.