Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,826 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

The Phone You Need - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Phone You Need (745 Views)

Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. / The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam / Does Charging A Phone With A Laptop Spoil The Phone's Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Phone You Need by emmy9688: 9:49pm On Apr 19, 2018
Yes, you must read this. What type of Phone do you want, what type of phone do you need. It’s about the Phone you NEED.

Now, these two questions are widely different.

Economics already taught us the difference between WANT and NEED. Quickly, WANT is a mere wish or attraction to things. It’s more like wishing to be with ‘Beyonce.’ You better wake up. While NEED is a necessity – which you must have. Like a Laptop to a Programmer, like reading this piece to the last letters. I wouldn’t go on to bore you with Economics. Alright?

Straight up, there are roughly three major things that determine the type of phone you need or should buy.

Your job,
Your bank account weight
Your appeal to gadgets.
These three categories summarize and determine what type of Phone you should or could buy.

Let’s go. What are the types of phones available in the market today? Since this is a guide, I will give you a random sample.

The “Basic Simple Phones” capable of merely Dialing and Answering calls, and Text Messages. They can handle the least job of Camera and Video functions. Very Funny pictures and video quality, with Fm Radio.

I can bet that this is the type of phone we prefer to give to our mothers and fathers or Uncles in the village. “Oh no, that’s because it’s strong and…” Hold it there, don’t say further. That’s exactly what you are saying in your mind, but have you ever bought a better phone for them? I guess we are on the same page now.

These Phones are cheap, strong and popular. They are at price range of 4,000 naira to 12,000 naira. The likes of Nokia 330, Itel 383, Tecno 551, Generic 967 etc. You are waiting to hear Nokia 3310, Hahahaha go on and add more, this is a free world, isn’t it? Your parents need better treat.

The Smart Phones:

“A mobile phone that performs many of the functions of a computer, typically having a touchscreen interface, Internet access, and an operating system capable of running downloaded apps.” This definition is everywhere on the internet. Yes, I wouldn’t kill myself over you, should I? Don’t worry, when you see a Smart Phone you wouldn’t need a definition to know it.

2018 latest Smart Phones include Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Google Pixel 2, LG V30, HTC U11 Plus, Huawei Mate, Pro, Infinix Zero 5, Tecno Phantom 8. You can add Infinix series. Gionee series, Nokia series, Tecno series etc.

“This guy isn’t telling us the specific names of the phones, huh!” Yeah, don’t go hurt yourself, that’s not my job, fella. You can ask google after reading this piece. I have a game to catch up, care to join me? Hehehe.

Now, back to the topic. You almost forgot this Article is about the “Type of Phone you need.” And there are three categories that shape what you go for.

Your job,
Your bank account weight
Your appeal to gadgets.
Before we jump into the above, let’s consider what actually makes a Phone different from another

The Company/Brand: Traditionally, a product is as good as its producer. Yes, some people cannot buy any phone other than Nokia Brand, Tecno, Infinix or any other, that’s their taste. Some Brands are good with Battery and terrible with camera, some are good with Processor while terrible with battery. Such perspective can make one stick to a brand for sake of Battery without considering its Camera. That’s what I mean; some people wouldn’t buy Infinix even if you could find God inside, so far as Nokia still exists. Lol, Infinix is my Brand; I still have rights to make choices, hehehe.

Battery: No Phone runs without battery, so it’s an important factor to be considered before buying a phone. I still suffer from Blackberry battery trauma after 3-4 years I switched to Infinix. Is it bad to share bad memories? Hell No. You won’t buy a phone whose battery collapses as soon as you pull the charger.

Memory (RAM)/Storage: If you have a phone with good battery and also of your preferred Brand and it has a small Memory or storage space, would you be celebrating? I don’t think so. Memory/storage is a good feature to be considered before you dish out the cash in the store.

Processor: Yes, many people don’t even know that a phone has a processor. I am not responsible for your ignorance; your parents have some questions to answer. Now, you know, check out the processing speed before you buy.

Camera: I agree, I agree we all know about this one. That’s the one feature 80% phone prospective buyers are conscious of. The picture quality defines the phone in a special way.

There are other features like the portability, audio quality, screen size etc.

YOUR JOB:

What you do (Your Job) can to an extent determine what type of Phone you must buy. If you are into IT World, Programming and Video or graphic related fields, you should probably look for a phone with Battery life from 4500mAh, Processor (the more a phone’s processor has cores, the more its mobility increases). There are dual-core, quad-core, octa-core. Ram of 3gb, Storage space of 16gb and above.

If you are a trader, you should go for a simple smart phone with 1gb or 2gb Ram, Memory space of 8gb or 16gb. A menial jobber has no need of the above specifications, rather should go for a moderate Ram of 512mb, Memory storage of 4gb or even 2gb. A student is unpredictable, you should get him or her to sit down and discuss his or her future first, lol. Since students like pictures and videos, their taste is as good as that of an IT guy.

YOUR BANK ACCOUNT WEIGHT: Yes, fellas hello. You guys are why Phones are getting costlier by the day. If your bank account is green and you are a phone freak, you are probably looking for a phone with 32gb, 64gb or 128gb of memory/storage, 4gb, 8gb Ram, Octa core processor, with 5.7 screen size, and battery of 500mAh or above. I think it will cost you hundreds of thousands.

YOUR APPEAL TO GADGETS: Needless to talk about a phone freak. Their specification is futuristic. However, dishing out guides to a phone freak is probably tweaky. It will be based on the above enumerated guides. Don’t get it twisted; loving gadgets is not entirely a bad thing. The one thing that should be considered is the ability to effectively backup the bills.

Finally, before you dish out the cash for the phone, check the Phones that have the specifications you need. Don’t buy because your friend bought; buy because the Phone meets your needs.
http://youcanntalk.com/2018/04/19/the-phone-you-need/

1 Like

Re: The Phone You Need by ibez007(m): 10:22pm On Apr 19, 2018
Should the Post Hit FP, wake Me!.
Am sleeping already!.
Meanwhile, Op?! This Great, its a sensible write-up. Kudos!.
Re: The Phone You Need by princemillla(m): 3:51am On Apr 20, 2018
Hmmmmmmm sigh! InsatiAble acts is wit man since inception
Re: The Phone You Need by ibez007(m): 4:45am On Apr 20, 2018
cc: Lalasticlala . Coman see snakes ooo!.
Re: The Phone You Need by Leah1234: 6:16pm On Apr 20, 2018
grin grin Unfortunately, most people buy phones that they have seen others with, phones that are trending, to show off, etc, not because they really need the phones. Everyone wants to have the worst phone. Some people have iPhones but they have never used 90% of their features. Some people dislike Tecno and Infinix phones, simply because they are cheaper...but in a real sense, they are the phones they NEED

1 Like

Re: The Phone You Need by OVA200(m): 6:23pm On Apr 20, 2018
OP pity us small now this epistle is too long now cry
Re: The Phone You Need by Rubiesangel: 12:41pm On Apr 21, 2018
Leah1234:
grin grin Unfortunately, most people buy phones that they have seen others with, phones that are trending, to show off etc, not because they really need the phones. Everyone wants to have the baddest phone. Some people have iPhones but they have never used 90% of their features. Some people dislike Tecno and Infinix phones, simply because they are cheaper...but in real sense, the are the phones they NEED
some people even dislike Tecno not for personal or obvious reasons, but from 'hear say.' It's like spreading rumour when you can't even confirm what you heard.
Re: The Phone You Need by Ejadike(m): 6:35am On Apr 22, 2018
Nice write up. I use a TECNO Spark device and it's actually serving me well.
Re: The Phone You Need by Ejadike(m): 6:36am On Apr 22, 2018
OVA200:
OP pity us small now this epistle is too long now cry
learn how to read long, helpful posts.
Re: The Phone You Need by walesho(m): 1:34pm On Apr 22, 2018
Currently using Infinix hot 4pro.But hoping to get an iPhone 6 or 6s just love the design.lolz
Re: The Phone You Need by Failtech: 6:27pm On Apr 22, 2018
Re: The Phone You Need by sureinfo: 5:22am On Apr 23, 2018
Nice write up, true talk that's why I've chosen to stick with my tecno spark

(1) (Reply)

The First Authorized Xiaomi Store In Paris. / Iphone 6 Plus White Screen For Sale / LG G3 For Sale At An Affordable Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.