Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,534 members, 7,812,661 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. (45657 Views)

The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam / Best Phone You Ever Bought?? / How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Truvelisback(m): 8:11am On Jan 19
Good day, fellas. The Nigerian Banking System is very weak. Once you lose your phone, you lose all your money in your Bank a/c. This is very bad.

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Truvelisback(m): 8:25am On Jan 19
Imagine losing all your hard earned money to thieves and fraudsters only because you lost your phone.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Kobicove(m): 8:32am On Jan 19
I have partial solution to this...all my bank accounts are tied to just 1 SIM card and that SIM card is in a cheap torchlight phone which I keep at home permanently grin

An added security measure is that my SIM card is locked with a PIN code

648 Likes 45 Shares

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by sihamey: 8:49am On Jan 19
Kobicove:
I have partial solution to this...all my bank accounts are tied to just 1 SIM card and that SIM card is in a cheap torchlight phone which I keep at home permanently grin

So you don’t do mobile banking ? The problem is not the SIM card you use for your bank account but mobile banking app you use for transactions can be manipulated when you loose your phone.

My formula
Always freeze your account with your mobile app unfreeze it when you wants to do transactions in this case if someone steal your phone and try to use your bank app he will not succeed

85 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by tochez24(m): 9:01am On Jan 19
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. The Nigerian Banking System is very weak. Once you lose your phone, you lose all your money in your Bank a/c. This is very bad.

You loose your money because you're actually DUMB, not because something is wrong with the Nigerian banking system⚠️

If you're not technically inclined, please avoid using ATM cards and nothing will happen to money if you loose your phone!!!!

But, if you're smart and technically exposed like me.... First thing you do is to lock your alert sim with a unique password, then proceed to lock with your atm cards, bank apps and ussd with passwords. To be on a safe side, you can use one long unique password for all of them, linking them to just one mobile network which you have already passworded too.

And please do not share this details with anyone, whether with a friend, family or scammers impersonating bank staffs.

That way when you loose your phone, nobody can even access your mobile line talkless of your bank account😆😆

I have lost my phone severely times and nothing happened to my bank account 💯

203 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by tochez24(m): 9:07am On Jan 19
sihamey:

So you don’t do mobile banking ? The problem is not the SIM card you use for your bank account but mobile banking app you use for transactions can be manipulated when you loose your phone.

My formula
Always freeze your account with your mobile app unfreeze it when you wants to do transactions in this case if someone steal your phone and try to use your bank app he will not succeed

first of all.... Nobody on earth can steal your money through bank app or ussd without your password, unless they got it from you in one way or the other without your consent⚠️

Secondly, to strengthen your protection... You can simply lock your phone and alert sim card. That way, when you loose your phone nobody can break into your phone, talkless of performing any transaction...absolutely nobody♂️

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Truvelisback(m): 9:07am On Jan 19
tochez24:

You loose your money because you're actually DUMB, not because something is wrong with the Nigerian banking system⚠️

If you're not technically inclined, please avoid using ATM cards and nothing will happen to money if you loose your phone!!!!

But, if you're smart and technically exposed like me.... First thing you do is to lock your alert sim with a unique password, then proceed to lock with your atm cards, bank apps and ussd with passwords. To be on a safe side, you can use one long unique password for all of them, linking them to just one mobile network which you have already passworded too.

And please do not share this details with anyone, whether with a friend, family or scammers impersonating bank staffs.

That way when you loose your phone, nobody can even access your mobile line talkless of your bank account
Are u saying that without having A.T.M card, one's a/c can't be wiped out with the use of the Victim's phone?

1 Like

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Truvelisback(m): 9:09am On Jan 19
Kobicove:
I think it isn't safe either because of the use of U.S.S.D code.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by libertyfather(m): 9:13am On Jan 19
lock your sim and lock your phone, the only way they can steal your money is having the phone in unlock state and all operation is done before the phone hibernate and lock back..in other way keeping the sim at home also work what of alert and some other important runninz?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by rocknation62(m): 9:19am On Jan 19
tochez24:

That way when you loose your phone, nobody can even access your mobile line talkless of your bank account😆😆

I have lost my phone severely times and nothing happened to my bank account 💯

With this information of yours, I think it will be advisable to follow the steps so as to safeguard ones account to scammers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by tochez24(m): 9:20am On Jan 19
Truvelisback:
Are u saying that without having A.T.M card, one's a/c can't be wiped out with the use of the Victim's phone?

Exactly.... An atm card is the pathway for all Mobile and online transactions💯

If you don't want to stress yourself, just deactivate your atm card and rest. Then you have to be going to the bank anytime you want to withdraw money.

However, some banks won't allow you to withdraw any amount less than 150k inside the bank shaaa

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by tochez24(m): 9:31am On Jan 19
rocknation62:

With this information of yours, I think it will be advisable to follow the steps so as to safeguard ones account to scammers

Sure... But above all, every one should try and keep their account details private, stop trusting people with your passwords no matter how close and loyal you think they are ⚠️

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Autobot05: 9:51am On Jan 19
Use the “ Sim Lock feature “

8 Likes

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by jmoore(m): 10:10am On Jan 19
Truvelisback:
I think it isn't safe either because of the use of U.S.S.D code.
There is something called SIM LOCK.

When you notice your phone is lost and your bank account is at risk, you can block your bank account number from another phone.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by jamesversion: 10:16am On Jan 19
Truvelisback:

It will be easier for Satan to make heaven than for thieves to steal money in my account through my phone.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by ruggedtimi(m): 10:32am On Jan 19
Kobicove:
thats not a solution

1 Like

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by ruggedtimi(m): 10:33am On Jan 19
tochez24:

Exactly.... An atm card is the pathway for all Mobile and online transactions💯

If you don't want to stress yourself, just deactivate your atm card and rest. Then you have to be going to the bank anytime you want to withdraw money.

However, some banks won't allow you to withdraw any amount less than 150k inside the bank shaaa
lies bro...they can rob your account with your sim card alone.

5 Likes

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Nigga44: 10:49am On Jan 19
sim lock + phone lock

15 Likes

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by prodigyy(m): 10:57am On Jan 19
Lock your sim card

Avoid using atm card

8 Likes

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by michlins(m): 11:06am On Jan 19
Oga, lock your Sim card and no one will gain access to your money. Avoid those banks you can recharge your phone using ussd codes without requiring pin

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by 1Sharon(f): 12:49pm On Jan 19
How? I went to Nigeria last month and since I don't have a Nigerian number, I used my cousin's number to register.

Does it mean she has access to my funds?

4 Likes

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Truvelisback(m): 1:44pm On Jan 19
ruggedtimi:
lies bro...they can rob your account with your sim card alone.
That's my point. Just your sim, then you are a goner.
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Truvelisback(m): 2:13pm On Jan 19
Nigga44:
sim lock + phone lock
Sim lock dey risky one kind. Any mistake like this lason, na problem.

2 Likes

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Truvelisback(m): 2:16pm On Jan 19
sihamey:

My formula
What about people with Button phones?

1 Like

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by seanwilliam(m): 2:23pm On Jan 19
Truvelisback:
the Nigeria banking system is one of the most secured in the world . Infact better than America’s.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by STEWpid(f): 2:23pm On Jan 19
Chai..

Chai..

So,,

Passcode, token, pin, & co are yuzlez!?

Chai..

1 Like

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Obierika(m): 2:23pm On Jan 19
These days just putting a password on your phone is not enough, you need to come up with additional security measures so that these basterd Yahoo boys don't hack your account and clean you out cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by illicit(m): 2:23pm On Jan 19
Not me...
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by 99thEnemy(m): 2:23pm On Jan 19
says who?😁

Any SIM linked to any of my financial accounts and other important things of high priority has simlock activated. Anytime the phone powers off and is back on you must input the SIM’s pin after unlocking the phone with passcode.

Stealing my phone, you are left with a brick because it can never be used except you know my activation lock details which leaves you with only one option to profit from it, which is to salvage it for spare parts.

My sim without knowing its PINCODE is just a useless chip.

19 Likes

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:24pm On Jan 19
BeCareful out there guys.........

1Sharon:
How? I went to Nigeria last month and since I don't have a Nigerian number, I used my cousin's number to register.

Does it mean she has access to my funds?
Most definitely.
She does has access 💯

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by BigDawsNet: 2:24pm On Jan 19
Truvelisback:

Guide your phone all the time
Don't go out with ur bank sim
Put lock on ur sim

Nigeria banking system is very secure generally... you can't just break the Firewall and start stealing naira... most of this fraud u see are done by bad bank officials ..

Nigeria banking Individual system is not that secure... the job to protect it is in ur hand by not loosing ur phone, exposing ur ATms, Revealing ur BVN or giving it out to strangers

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How To Subscribe To The Etisalat Blackberry Daily Plans / 3 Phones That Will Make A Mark In 1st Half Of 2015 / Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.